Thread: Cave Story 3D

Default Cave Story 3D

If you heard about this one man who made a very popular video game made by one man, then you must know cave story.

He took his inspiration from the metroidvania art and gameplay. And here you play as Mr. Traveler to wonder your way around caves and know the situation happening in a world with Mimiga residing, find his girlfriend, and know the story of Cave story..

Spoiler:- spoiler warning:
    Final Chapter: 38: Mountain's Edge(Click the Banner above)

CS3D's nice looking and all, but I much prefer CS+. Yeah, it's basically the same game, but I just prefer it. And CS3D doesn't have those little extra challenges so yeah. Still a great game though. I was just disappointed that there was no extras or challenges in CS3D. Yeah, it has Time Attack, but that's about it.

So question:
    Besides the updated 3D graphics, is there anything that makes the game better than past versions? I already have the DSi Ware version on my 3DS and Cave Story+ on Steam, so I'm debating whether or not it would actually be worth my $40.

TBTF EGC ACbay deviantART RNtMA
    Friend Safari: Shellgon, Gabite, Druddigon

3DS FC: 2320 6135 5667
    NN ID: TheUglyBarnacle

Quote Originally Posted by Kelz View Post
    So question:
    Besides the updated 3D graphics, is there anything that makes the game better than past versions? I already have the DSi Ware version on my 3DS and Cave Story+ on Steam, so I'm debating whether or not it would actually be worth my $40.
    It's portable.

So is the DSi Ware version...

But I'll take that as not really.

TBTF EGC ACbay deviantART RNtMA
    Friend Safari: Shellgon, Gabite, Druddigon

3DS FC: 2320 6135 5667
    NN ID: TheUglyBarnacle

Considering that Cave Story 3D is one of three editions of Cave Story on the 3DS, the fact that it's portable isn't much of an argument in its favor.

CS+ is the best deal because it's an eShop game so you don't need a cartridge. And it has more content. And it looks better than 3D. And it's much cheaper.

Sold my copy. It was good but it didn't grasp me enough.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code: