Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 97

Thread: Ace Attorney series

  1. #1

    Default Ace Attorney series

    Well, with the upcoming Ace Attorney 5 confirmed to be released outside Japan I thought I'd make an AA thread because why not?

    So, any other AA fans here or am I the only one?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    2,232

    Default

    Can't wait for the new AA game <3 I've played through the first trilogy and loved it! Apollo Justice I tried but I wasn't really impressed about it, Edgeworth's game must wait until I have the time to play it.
    Primary 3DS FC: 3883-5608-5531 | Teddiursa, Minccino, Eevee
    Secondary 3DS FC: 4124-5580-5834 | Bibarel, Quagsire, Poliwhirl
    IGN: LISA for trades, Esch for battles

    PM me for German Meadow pattern (HQ) Scatterbugs

    THT SP count: 0 *sob*


    Credits to Astral Shadow for the userbar!


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    89

    Default

    I lvoed the series but hated Apollo Justice. I do plan to start Edgeworth 2 this week
    [IMG]http://i45.*******.com/343spx0.jpg[/IMG]

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Temsik Park
    Posts
    5,374

    Default

    I've been doing some research into the series recently due to the upcoming Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney game (okay, so the chances of it coming here are pretty slim, but still). It seems pretty awesome to me, but unfortunately it's pretty much inexistent here in the UK. =/ I'd play it if I could, since I've heard lots of good things about it.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Salt Lake City
    Posts
    99

    Default

    I love the games. Also, I really liked Apollo Justice. I think the problem a lot of people have with it is the Metal Gear Solid 2 effect, where you play as a different character while the stuff with the previous character is also going on. Could be wrong though.

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flame Mistress View Post
    I've been doing some research into the series recently due to the upcoming Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney game (okay, so the chances of it coming here are pretty slim, but still). It seems pretty awesome to me, but unfortunately it's pretty much inexistent here in the UK. =/ I'd play it if I could, since I've heard lots of good things about it.
    The first three games are available through WiiWare, so if you're interested you can get them from there. No Investigations or Apollo Justice though. Sucks Edgeworth's game isn't there because I thought it was pretty good. AJ wasn't that great though, so doesn't matter that much to me.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    1,773

    Default

    Trials and Tribulations was the best.

    That is all.

    Like Apples to Apples? Like Pokemon? The you'll love Apples to Apples: Pokestyle!

    Pokemon Drama Island - Episode 4: Extreme Makeover: Pokemon Home Edition
    My popular story from FF.net has come to the forums! Joy!
    34 Pokemon come arrive to an island to take part in a reality show that could get them rich and famous! However, can they survive the harsh gauntlet of challenges up ahead?

        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Temsik Park
    Posts
    5,374

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Wolf View Post
    The first three games are available through WiiWare, so if you're interested you can get them from there. No Investigations or Apollo Justice though. Sucks Edgeworth's game isn't there because I thought it was pretty good. AJ wasn't that great though, so doesn't matter that much to me.
    I guess so, but I don't think my dad would exactly approve of it. "What's that game about?" "Oh, it's about these crazy awesome lawyers who point at people to make nonsensical statements in court that somehow almost always make sense."

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    10,134

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    175

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkRecon View Post
    Trials and Tribulations was the best.

    That is all.
    I'd agree. I enjoyed every case in it, especially the last one wrapping things up.

    On the other hand, I can't say I was a huge fan of the Apollo Justice game. The writing overall just didn't seem as strong to me. And Ema... geez, they ruined her. It was a good game on its own right, but not as good as the PW series, in my opinion.

    I haven't played the Investigations game yet.
    ~ * My Photobucket Album * ~

    Thousands of screencaps of Pokémon, Toradora!, Shugo Chara!, Clannad, K-ON!, and many other anime.
    Use them however you want!

    ~ * GoodSearch * ~

    Search engine that donates a penny to the charity of your choosing every time you do a search. Spread the word, help the world!

    Click here to read my one and only Pokemon fanfic! I hope you enjoy it!

    I only post on Serebii sporadically, just so you know.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    1,773

    Default

    The new emotion checker system seems interesting and is looking like a better system than the perception system in Apollo.

    Like Apples to Apples? Like Pokemon? The you'll love Apples to Apples: Pokestyle!

    Pokemon Drama Island - Episode 4: Extreme Makeover: Pokemon Home Edition
    My popular story from FF.net has come to the forums! Joy!
    34 Pokemon come arrive to an island to take part in a reality show that could get them rich and famous! However, can they survive the harsh gauntlet of challenges up ahead?

        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    488

    Default

    I've never been very interested in the series since its release, but just this summer, I've finally decided to try it out, for a few reasons of my own. I'm glad I did since these games have a pretty good connection and story with each other. I'm fond of all the humor they included in the series, despite all of the serious trial cases, plus the various characters introduced. I've already played through all the main games but Apollo, which I'll finish soon. I'm looking forward to trying out the new games that were announced.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    6,075

    Default

    Love the point and click adventure that my friend introduced me to and she has lent me every game in the series so far. Can't wait for the new title and the Professor Layton crossover.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The Enterprise
    Posts
    2,797

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flame Mistress View Post
    I guess so, but I don't think my dad would exactly approve of it. "What's that game about?" "Oh, it's about these crazy awesome lawyers who point at people to make nonsensical statements in court that somehow almost always make sense."
    same reason i havnt got one yet but...i really want to get them
    i love that kind of animation...reminds me of trauma center
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me or take a look at the information in my profile.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    1,773

    Default

    I think it's just me but Phoenix's new look kinda reminds me of Richard Wellington (Killer in the first case of the second game).

    Like Apples to Apples? Like Pokemon? The you'll love Apples to Apples: Pokestyle!

    Pokemon Drama Island - Episode 4: Extreme Makeover: Pokemon Home Edition
    My popular story from FF.net has come to the forums! Joy!
    34 Pokemon come arrive to an island to take part in a reality show that could get them rich and famous! However, can they survive the harsh gauntlet of challenges up ahead?

        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The Enterprise
    Posts
    2,797

    Default

    i just got trials and tribulations...my first game frome this series...should i wait to get the others to play it...or should i just start asap?
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me or take a look at the information in my profile.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Home of the Braviary [USA, CO]
    Posts
    925

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ansem the wise View Post
    i just got trials and tribulations...my first game frome this series...should i wait to get the others to play it...or should i just start asap?
    T&T is actually the third game in the PW Trilogy, so It would probably be a good idea to play Ace Attorney: Phoenix Wright and then Justice For All first.
    They are story based games that have individual cases that at first seem disjoint from each other, but they eventually build off one another and work together to form a story arc that spans the 3 games.

    All three games of the Phoenix Wright Trilogy are available on the Wii shop, the first Phoenix Wright game is on ios and soon the first three games will be rereleased as an hd remake on ios devices later this fall, so it shouldn't be too difficult to find a copy of PW and JFA.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    6,075

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Short Wing View Post
    T&T is actually the third game in the PW Trilogy, so It would probably be a good idea to play Ace Attorney: Phoenix Wright and then Justice For All first.
    They are story based games that have individual cases that at first seem disjoint from each other, but they eventually build off one another and work together to form a story arc that spans the 3 games.

    All three games of the Phoenix Wright Trilogy are available on the Wii shop, the first Phoenix Wright game is on ios and soon the first three games will be rereleased as an hd remake on ios devices later this fall, so it shouldn't be too difficult to find a copy of PW and JFA.
    Pretty much. Although each game does give you a nice introduction to everyone, best to start with the first game in the trilogy.

    So...anyone here play Ultimate Marvel 3 (finally going to get a much needed PS3 for Christmas)? How's our favourite lawyer as a brawler?
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    1,773

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    Pretty much. Although each game does give you a nice introduction to everyone, best to start with the first game in the trilogy.

    So...anyone here play Ultimate Marvel 3 (finally going to get a much needed PS3 for Christmas)? How's our favourite lawyer as a brawler?
    I've tried it. honestly, playing Wright requires a little luck and a lot time and dedication, as he's pretty hard to use, but in the hands of a capable player, he's a monster.

    While not top-5 material, he does outshine other characters in terms of use, though he tends to be on the lower end of a spectrum.

    EDIT: Going by the bottom post's words it seems PW is like this:

    Investigation mode & Courtroom mode: Bottom Tier.

    Turnabout mode: B-Tier (A-tier if Cellphone is included)
    Last edited by Recon; 10th October 2012 at 12:15 AM.

    Like Apples to Apples? Like Pokemon? The you'll love Apples to Apples: Pokestyle!

    Pokemon Drama Island - Episode 4: Extreme Makeover: Pokemon Home Edition
    My popular story from FF.net has come to the forums! Joy!
    34 Pokemon come arrive to an island to take part in a reality show that could get them rich and famous! However, can they survive the harsh gauntlet of challenges up ahead?

        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Home of the Braviary [USA, CO]
    Posts
    925

    Default

    ^
    If anyone is interested in playing our favorite spikey-haired, blue lawyer in UMvC3 then you should check out this amazing PW tutorial by Lythero, who might be the best PW player out there.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPmf1GHHOoU

    And KagatoTheFinalBoss has some good Phoenix Wright play with his Courtroom drama/Raging at Lawyers series.
    http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLC24E053FF64D9A39

    And recently there was a Phoenix Wright Community Compilation Video that show off some cool combos. Although they're mainly for style and not practicality.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cthp0...ure=plpp_video

    I play Phoenix Wright on point on my UMvC3 team, I'm not really that good at the game, but I have fun using PW.
    If anyone gets the chance to play PW in UMvC3, just remember you need good teammates & assists that can help protect Nick, while he collects the 3 good pieces of evidence to get to turnabout mode.
    The fighting community generally agrees PW is near the bottom of the tier list, but he becomes a real threat if he can reach turnabout mode, and especially if he has the cellphone evidence.
    Last edited by Short Wing; 10th October 2012 at 12:06 AM.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The Enterprise
    Posts
    2,797

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Short Wing View Post
    ^
    If anyone is interested in playing our favorite spikey-haired, blue lawyer in UMvC3 then you should check out this amazing PW tutorial by Lythero, who might be the best PW player out there.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPmf1GHHOoU

    And KagatoTheFinalBoss has some good Phoenix Wright play with his Courtroom drama/Raging at Lawyers series.
    http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLC24E053FF64D9A39

    And recently there was a Phoenix Wright Community Compilation Video that show off some cool combos. Although they're mainly for style and not practicality.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cthp0...ure=plpp_video

    I play Phoenix Wright on point on my UMvC3 team, I'm not really that good at the game, but I have fun using PW.
    If anyone gets the chance to play PW in UMvC3, just remember you need good teammates & assists that can help protect Nick, while he collects the 3 good pieces of evidence to get to turnabout mode.
    The fighting community generally agrees PW is near the bottom of the tier list, but he becomes a real threat if he can reach turnabout mode, and especially if he has the cellphone evidence.
    wait how the heck would that even work? phoenex VS ghost rider? come on as much as i love AA, GR would win that one.
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me or take a look at the information in my profile.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    6,075

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ansem the wise View Post
    wait how the heck would that even work? phoenex VS ghost rider? come on as much as i love AA, GR would win that one.
    Video game logic.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

  23. #23

    Default

    I'm pretty terrible with PW in UMvC3. I managed to win a few matches with him, but that was pure luck. Most of the time whenever I pick him I end up losing. I just can't enter Turnabout Mode fast enough or at all. I'm trying to get better so I'll at least know what I'm doing wrong because even a beginner can beat me with my current skills.

    Quote Originally Posted by ansem the wise View Post
    wait how the heck would that even work? phoenex VS ghost rider? come on as much as i love AA, GR would win that one.
    lol
    That's MvC for you. Pitting the likes of Phoenix Wright and Chris Redfield against Magneto, Ghost Rider and other super strong Marvel (and Capcom) characters.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The Enterprise
    Posts
    2,797

    Default

    ok im stuck in trials and tribulations
    im stuck in adrian andrews psycke lock
    i need to prove that the urn i got at the trial was genuine.
    i tried presenting:
    deseree delight's profile and the poster of the urn saying I AM.(neither of them worked)
    am i missing something?
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me or take a look at the information in my profile.

  25. #25

    Default

    You need to get the urn. I think you get it after talking to Ron about being blackmailed or something like that. It's been some time since I played Trials and Tribulations, but I'm pretty sure you need the urn.


    So who's excited for voice acting and returning characters in AA5?

    Personally, I don't know what to say. Voice acting could be a good or a bad thing. Depending on the cast. I'm sure it'll feel awkward at first, but I'm also sure I'll get used to it. If it's not too terrible that is.
    As for the returning characters, I won't mind them and I guess it's to be expected.
    Last edited by Silver Bolt; 22nd October 2012 at 8:48 PM.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •