Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ace Attorney series

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    We've got a release date for Dual Destinies.

It's coming to the West - both in NA and Europe - at the same time: October 24th.

Perfect after speed-running your shiny new Pokémon game twelve days before that day!
    yeesssssss.

Although, with the release being so close to the release of Pokemon X and Y, I don't think it will get as much hype as I think it deserves.
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

Today's Direct reveals that a demo of Dual Destinies is available now. GO GET IT.

Today's Direct reveals that a demo of Dual Destinies is available now. GO GET IT.
    I think I'll pass. I generally will wait for full versions of games, I don't want to get 5 minutes in and then have it cut out and have me wait to keep going.
    #AlphaSapphire
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

Seems like they kept his UMVC3 VA. I'm fine with this, it's grown on me.
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Heaper View Post
    Seems like they kept his UMVC3 VA. I'm fine with this, it's grown on me.
    Well ain't Donny gonna stick with us fo' the ride!

Played the demo for Dual Destinies and it was great! I have the HD Collection on my iPhone but haven't bought the rest of the games yet. It comes with the first two turnabouts on the first game for free. i plan to buy the rest soon. It's only about $17 for all of them.
    Xbox Gamertag: iDeadlyPanda|3DS FC: 0602-6674-5548 |NNID: ThePandaMan |Twitter

Claimed: Chrom from the Fire Emblem Series and Pokémon X
    Claimed Pokémon:
    Anime List

I am going to get the newest Ace Attorney game. However I don't get why the newest one is rated 'M' when the previous ones were rated 'T'.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrantrum View Post
    I am going to get the newest Ace Attorney game. However I don't get why the newest one is rated 'M' when the previous ones were rated 'T'.
    More graphic murder scenes, not to mention animated murder scenes.

More graphic murder scenes, not to mention animated murder scenes.
    There's a LOT of blood. A LOT of blood. Like A LOT. I cannot emphasize this enough.

Thank you based Turpoo

Quote Originally Posted by 725roy View Post
    There's a LOT of blood. A LOT of blood. Like A LOT. I cannot emphasize this enough.
    I haven't had a chance to try the demo... is there a lot of blood in the Demo? I really think I am going to get this though, nice to see him again in the courtroom, even if I am iffy on Phoenix Wright's new sidekick.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrantrum View Post
    I haven't had a chance to try the demo... is there a lot of blood in the Demo? I really think I am going to get this though, nice to see him again in the courtroom, even if I am iffy on Phoenix Wright's new sidekick.
    Absolutely no blood in that one, though the closest thing to blood is Rival Schools Apollo in Bandages.

Quote Originally Posted by 725roy View Post
    Wonder why they decided to put that in there, I mean the earlier ones (from the ones I played, which wasn't all of them) there really wasn't that much blood.
    #AlphaSapphire

A week from now, we'll be getting Dual Destinies at last. Hope you have a spare $29.99 bucks after the Pokémon storm.

First ten minutes of Dual destinies, and we get a nice anime cutscene filled with, what else, a crapton of blood. Very reminiscent of horror anime mind you.

I'm sold, this game deserves its M rating.

First ten minutes of Dual destinies, and we get a nice anime cutscene filled with, what else, a crapton of blood. Very reminiscent of horror anime mind you.

I'm sold, this game deserves its M rating.
    I can handle all the blood as long as it's not REAL blood. Beyond that, it's just another good Ace Attorney game.

So I beat the first case and I gotta say...

It was great. It's the classic Phoenix Wright game we all know and love, especially when you finally piece everything together. It's scores are well deserved.

Yeah, it certainly feels better than Apollo Justice.

Found my first text error in Case 2, though.

Just bought this game yesterday. Can't wait to play it though.

So I noticed something with the second case. I'll try to be as spoiler-less as possible. If you have an issue, I'll add tags.

So one of the pieces of evidence is a tv schedule that describes a wrestling match between a "Pretty-boy vampire" and a "Ferocious werewolf". The person watching it said that the match was horrible and stopped watching it immediately.

A not so subtle jab at Twilight much? This is becoming one of my favorite games so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    Yeah, it certainly feels better than Apollo Justice.

Found my first text error in Case 2, though.
    Lemme guess, 'own her special way'?

So I noticed something with the second case. I'll try to be as spoiler-less as possible. If you have an issue, I'll add tags.

So one of the pieces of evidence is a tv schedule that describes a wrestling match between a "Pretty-boy vampire" and a "Ferocious werewolf". The person watching it said that the match was horrible and stopped watching it immediately.

A not so subtle jab at Twilight much? This is becoming one of my favorite games so far.
    There's a Sesame Street reference in the same case, too. Bit annoyed that one spoiled the killer in the opening, though.

Also, there's one thing I find really clever about Case 2:

Spoiler:- Massive spoilers for Case 2:

Also, yep, a lot of blood in this game. I don't think I've seen this much blood. It's literally enough to cover a whole floor. Yep, lots o' blood. Hopefully that's the worst of it...

Who cares about cookies? Come to the Light Side, we have CUPCAKES!

Animal Crossing: New Leaf Dream Code: 7100-3458-5872

Quote Originally Posted by Chibi_Muffin View Post
    Lemme guess, 'own her special way'?
    Adding that to my list, that's three so far in the second the case. I've found "vale" spelled "Vail" and there's a sentence where "Though" should be "know".

Also, just started the third case and there's already a fifty shades of grey reference.

EDIT: You know, now I realize Wendee Lee was chosen to voice Athena. This infamous scene from Haruhi tells all.
    Last edited by Recon; 26th October 2013 at 5:57 AM.

Barely started the second case last night. I have to say I feel like the mechanics are going to present an interesting way to play this. Although I can sense an over-arching plot starting to form too. I'm wondering if I like these new anime cutscenes or not. It seems so strange to hear Phoenix's voice now.

Soooooooooooo I beat the game. And I love it. If only it wasn't so short (or at least feel short).

The twists that are thrown in are great. They make it that much more entertaining. The anime cutscenes are fairly bloody, and really adds to that horror feeling, especially in one particular case *shudders*. Music is great as well, as some memorable tracks from the previous games as well as some new ones really add to it. Animation is great, as are the characters. Some you'll come to like, some you'll come to hate, then like (or feel indifferent about), and some you'll come to find creepy, then hate coughcasethreemurderercough.

Spoiler:- Issues:

Overall, this game is great. Little short, but great. If anyone is having trouble at some point in the game, shoot me a PM with your questions and I'll be your human walkthrough.
    Last edited by Recon; 27th October 2013 at 5:58 AM.

Geez, man, you already beat the game? You surely were rushing through it because I just started Case 3.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast