Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Meloetta and the Undersea Temple (757)

http://imageshack.us/a/img571/2825/p...comparison.jpg

You have to admit, the seal on Giovanni's forehead looks very similar to the Seal of Orichalcos. We'll have to wait until the next episode airs to see how similar the plot ends up being overall.

yeesh.......kinda dark for a show marketed to KIDS!

Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_ View Post
    You never know. He could have left Deliah way before he knew she was preggo.
    I can't believe people are still believng this. Why do you even want Giovanni to be a father to him? Wouldn't you rather someone else better than a evil criminal?

My ideal battle ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    I can't believe people are still believng this. Why do you even want Giovanni to be a father to him? Wouldn't you rather someone else better than a evil criminal?
    I'm not saying I want him to be. Although I'm not tossing the possibility.

Random : PokéRadar

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    At this point I'd be happy to discover Mewtwo was his father, just so people will stop asking the question :P

Meloetta's imprisonment reminds me forcefully of Jirachi's. And geeeze Ash almost got squished. That's pretty brutal.
    I am not worried, Harry. I am with you.

^This is my new fanfic. It's a work in progress, so please read and comment at your discretion. I hope you like it. I think you will.

Many, many thanks to Mew, who created this exceptional banner!

Harry Potter and How I Met Your Mother are currently my life.

Oh wow, I really don't know where to begin. Such an amazing episode! Followed by the next.

I like how Ash trained for a while with Meloetta and she changed forme from Aria Forme, to her Pirouette Forme. So Ash showed some training for the Unova League which is always good and switched out Oshawott for Krookodile to battle Meloetta 'cause Oshawott was too shy or something. XD
    Haha, Golurk anime debut I think, I don't really remember seeing it elsewhere before besides the movies.

The scene were those Team Rocket Grunts came at was pretty epic! Almost exactly the way I wanted to see. After, Ash runs off with Meloetta to protect her from them. So Cilan and Iris stay behind to battle the Team Rocket trio which was cool.
    Finally Ash and Giovanni meet and they have short battle for Meloetta, like really short but still awesome!
    Ash's Pikachu vs Giovanni's Persian! Of course Pikachu would have defeated Persian given enough time but Giovanni got straight to it and got Meloetta by using Ash and Pikachu in a harsh way.

Wow, I like how Dr. Zager seemed to plan out most of this.
    I felt so bad for Meloetta, as Giovanni used Ash and Meloetta's connection to his advantage. I like how its just Ash and Pikachu vs Team Rocket right now.
    This looked bad for Ash and co. While Team Rocket's plan is slowly revealing itself, they start to mention everything.

I like this episode very much, one of my favourites followed by the next episode for TR!

Ash: Now I choose you!
    Electro Ball!

-Pikachu: PikaPika-Chu-Pi!-

This 2 parter just aired in the UK. Its so good to hear one of the original voices (Giovanni's again since the end of the whole meteorite arc) Overall good lead up episode. Only thing is you can really tell how background music effects an episode its a shame the dub couldn't use the movie 14 music from the Japanese version
    Friend Code for Pokemon Y: 1521-2881-0277 PM me if you want to battle or trade

This was epic!! After years of wanting to see more Team Rocket evilness we really did get to see it here, and it was great to see Giovanni suddenly turn up too even to have a short battle. That was amazing to see!!

Just such a great episode and really made up for the lack lengthy battles and rushedness that the last few episodes had to them! I'm glad they took their time with the pacing in this episode.

Most Recent Chapter - Chapter 31: Don't Forget Me - Posted 26/01/13
    Credits to Sweet May and DanChimchar

I will pursue You, I will pursue Your presence

So the episode began with absolute peace, enough so to let Meloetta change forme and challenge Ash to a battle. However, it was short lived and we meet a character named Ridley who at first thought Meloetta was stolen by Ash but that was soon corrected and Team Rocket break onto the scene (and not the usual trio).

A trio of battle commences but unfortunately it ends badly and giovanni ends up taking Meloetta, Ash and Pikachu. Giovanni takes them to an undersea temple previously found by the usual trio and somekind of ritual commences which imprisons Meloetta in a cross and a recording of Meloetta's song is played to break the 'seal'. The next part was the most prominent for me. To see Meloetta's anguish and her disbelief while her own song was being played was heartbreaking. Finally, Giovanni obtains the reveal glass from the 'Seal' and the Temple rises to the surfaces.

I can't wait for the next episode .
    Loves every part of pokemon, loves the movies, the anime and every game, so you could call me fan lol.

Apparently i'm a...

Favourite Pokemon: but i like them all

Well... Let's see if they can make the battle between Ash and Giovanni a good one! Try not to dumb it down writers... I'll have to watch this on video I have to go to wooorrrrrkkk.
    DON'T LET OTHERS DEFINE YOU!
    YOU DEFINE YOURSELF!!
    Nintendo Network ID: Marbi-Z
    3DS Friend Code: 4596-9457-8718
    Platinum Team:
    Heartgold Team:
    White Team:
    White 2 Team:
    Alternates:
    I Love LOPUNNY and I Love GARDEVOIR too!
    Wanna battle and/or exchange 3DS Friend Codes?
    PM or VM me!

I'm still with the theory of Giovanni being Ash's dad. Unlike Ash meeting other leaders of teams there was really no interaction here. Which is sad since I was hoping the Mewtwo Returns movie actually mattered but Ash did not even really ask who he was or show any indication of even knowing Giovanni which was really odd. As for Ridley....wonder if he is dating a Samus lol

Ridley... I know. xD

But anyways, off to the episode:

That crossing between Ash and Giovanni; definitely forgettable. No identification other than Giovanni referring to Ash as "the boy and his friend". Really Giovanni? Not even going to refer to Pikachu? Nothing wrong with calling Pikachu a friend to Ash; but being native to Kanto, he should have know what Pokemon that was. Pikachu VS Persian was brief; but it wasn't too bad; it felt very cold blooded to see Persian fighting for once.

Poor Meloetta. Having to reunite with Ridley, then to get captured, and to be manipulated all in one ball.

So Team Rocket needed Meloetta to obtain the Reveal Glass; oh man... looks like we know what's coming next.

And holy crap; the whole ruins rises up onto the Undella Bay surface.

Here's hoping Part 2 will be a lot more exciting. Still upset how the intercourse between Giovanni and Ash is little to nothing; but beggars can't be choosers I suppose. At least he's returned.

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

Ash and Giovanni finally meet face-to-face after hundreds of episodes on the show. I can't wait to see how it all turn out.

After seven hundred episodes, Ash finally meets Giovanni...and neither of them asks the other for their name.

Oh, Ridley. You just started a slew of Metroid jokes. What's going to happen next? Pikachu will use Thunder on your back?

Quote Originally Posted by the1stpkmnfan View Post

That crossing between Ash and Giovanni; definitely forgettable. No identification other than Giovanni referring to Ash as "the boy and his friend". Really Giovanni? Not even going to refer to Pikachu? Nothing wrong with calling Pikachu a friend to Ash; but being native to Kanto, he should have know what Pokemon that was.
    I definitely think he doesn't really care about a measly Pikachu. After all, all the previous times TR has faced off against Ash was because they thought it'd make a great gift for Giovanni, and he just shrugged them off on that matter all the time thinking they were idiots till they lied about stopping Team Galactic.

wow they havent seen each other for about 7 hundred episode and dont say s**t hahaha welll u can see it in there faces that they recognized each other, other then that this episode was pretty damn good, sooo much build up i love it!, my favorite part of all where the two rocket grunts that came in with the golem and rydon haha there so basass

I have to say, I think this could quite possibly be my favorite episode of BW thus far. The animation is beautiful, especially in the Undersea Temple and the summoning of the Reveal Glass. The situation is tense and the action is handled well. Ash and Giovanni finally meet and battle, even if it is brief. To me, the best part was when Meloetta was put into place and forced to watch as her recorded song was used to bring the temple to new life. It was a heartbreaking scene, and the fact that the only music was the recording of Meloetta only made it more poignant.
    Dimensions of Darkness - on hiatus l Sgt. Froakie - ongoing l Envoy - upcoming

harmoNy - one-shot l The Piplup and Chimchar Variety Hour - on hiatus
    Author's Profile

Latest Chapter (Sgt. Froakie): Chapter 2 - Beware the Cute Ones
    Credit to Astral Shadow for the awesome sig!

I haven't watched the anime in quite a while. This episode was quite boring, but I expect the next to be much more exciting. I was relieved to find that Giovanni was the only other character besides Pikachu (and Jessie maybe?) to have their old voice. I kept waiting for him to activate Change of Heart or summon Red Dragon Archfiend. I find it odd that an extremely rare Legendary Pokemon followed him around, yet Ash made NO ATTEMPT at catching it.
    White FC: 5157 9203 9684 .......White Team:
    White 2 FC: 0090 0222 0502.......White 2 Team:
    Looking for: SHINIES
    My shinies:
    Lots of Keldeo and Genesect for trade!
    I am Christian.

Just finished watchin it. It was definitely one of the handful of Pokemon episodes I anticipate to see.
    Though, the writers didn't want to give us no kind of indication that Ash and Giovanni remembered seeing each other before.
    Looking forward to next week's ep too.

Plus: Was glad that the original voice of Giovanni was the same. If only TR were the same. Have gotten use to Ash's current voice now.
    Last edited by G4Pokefan; 20th January 2013 at 5:54 AM.

"My Popularity in the Pokemon Universe continues to shine like the Aura that is with me. A full-feature movie, 4 two-parter episodes from the Sinnoh, Unova, and Kalos anime sagas, a 5-episode arc featuring my trainer Korrina, 3 appearances in the Smash Bros games and a Poke spokespearson for the Pokemon Trading Card commercials and the upcoming Pokken Fighters game. May I soon reach the fame that belongs to Pikachu"

3DS Friend code - 3007 9374 1244

Ridley... I know. xD

But anyways, off to the episode:

That crossing between Ash and Giovanni; definitely forgettable. No identification other than Giovanni referring to Ash as "the boy and his friend". Really Giovanni? Not even going to refer to Pikachu? Nothing wrong with calling Pikachu a friend to Ash; but being native to Kanto, he should have know what Pokemon that was. Pikachu VS Persian was brief; but it wasn't too bad; it felt very cold blooded to see Persian fighting for once.

Giovanni said "the boy and his Pikachu" once before he said "the boy and his friend"

Seeing as how the battle was meant for Ash and Pikachu to get captured and Giovanni to use them to get to Meloetta I wasn't expecting some ultimate showdown, there may still be a possibility for that in the future. Perhaps Giovanni would regard Ash more seriously if there were to be a next time.....

Quote Originally Posted by Yours Truly View Post
    Well... Let's see if they can make the battle between Ash and Giovanni a good one! Try not to dumb it down writers... I'll have to watch this on video I have to go to wooorrrrrkkk.
    Well... This episode did not disappoint after all! Though as many people have said earlier it's a shame Ash and Giovanni didn't say each others names... However seeing the old Rocket Grunts (with Kanto Pokemon) and Giovanni using the old Rocket Hostage technique against Meloetta I have to give credit where credit is due! The writers have done a great job in keeping Giovanni's badass attitude intact! I can't wait to see the next episode! I might just have to go to work a half hour late just to see it! Unless of course... The next episode of MLP FIM comes out next week... Sorry! But as much as I love Pokemon... The anime itself can't even compete with FIM when it comes to character development... Having said all that... This (and the next episode) might just make up for the loss of the Team Rocket vs Team Plasma episodes. Or maybe not...
    Last edited by Marbi Z; 19th January 2013 at 11:01 PM.
    DON'T LET OTHERS DEFINE YOU!
    YOU DEFINE YOURSELF!!
    Nintendo Network ID: Marbi-Z
    3DS Friend Code: 4596-9457-8718
    Platinum Team:
    Heartgold Team:
    White Team:
    White 2 Team:
    Alternates:
    I Love LOPUNNY and I Love GARDEVOIR too!
    Wanna battle and/or exchange 3DS Friend Codes?
    PM or VM me!

Too bad Ash vs Giovanni wasn't longer. Not that Ash stood a chance...

It's also quiet stunning to see that Giovanni would actually threaten Meloetta by killing Ash and Pikachu within' a cinch. How cruel. o-o Talk about pure evil.

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

It's also quiet stunning to see that Giovanni would actually threaten Meloetta by killing Ash and Pikachu within' a cinch. How cruel. o-o Talk about pure evil.
    Killing?

No siree, he was going to DESTROY them!

This episode did nothing for me to be honest. If anything, it made me even more cynical. I used to love Meloetta before it appeared in the anime, but now I'm not too sure. I just didn't think all that time that it spent with Ash and friends was worth it; I expected an epic finale, but all I got was another reductive TR plot. Imo, the new character that was introduced came out of nowhere and it took a large portion of the episode to explain his connection to Meloetta. I know that he had a role to play, but it seems like the writers could have done something different. Ash's encounter with Giovanni was a huge disappointment too. Not only did they barely interact with each other, but their battle wasn't even interesting either; oh yeah, Persian finally got to do something after 15+ years, but it lasted like three seconds. Boring. And after all that work TR ends up summoning a sea temple? That's also quite reductive; it gave me major Movie 9 vibes. Overall, this wasn't a good episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    it gave me major Movie 9 vibes.
    Ugh, no. Movie 9 was probably the worst movie in Pokémon history. This 2 parter was much more exciting.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast