Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Feebas

I've managed to find one there in its only place near the waterfall, and furthermore, I've also managed to evolve it. However, I tried to catch some other of the latter after I'd catched the first one but never succeeded evolving them.

I eventually found one in Emerald after looking for hours in both Sapphire and Emerald (I'm pretty sure I've sunk at least a day's worth just into finding them). I don't remember the phrase exactly (I think it was "Different Train" but don't quote me on that), but I do remember the location, just up the Waterfall from the Weather Institute, just off the shore (just right of the second from the bottom tile on land IIRC). It happened too long ago for me to remember exact details, so I apologize if that doesn't help.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Ugh, I don't remember when I caught it X_X. I think it was around where the fisherman guy is, but I don't know if I had to change the phrase or what. I just know that it was frustrating to get a Feebas, and then I would find out too late that I couldn't evolve a Feebas unless I maxed out its Beauty. I don't think I bothered to breed it for an egg, nor did I go look for a new one. I just gave up in getting a Milotic until SoulSilver.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Last Chance - 11/3/11 - Chapter 20 progress: 75%
    I survived Pupa.

It took me 20 minutes approx to catch it.
    I tried each block 5 times before moving on.

I found one years ago, my battery died. Now I'm trying to find one again but I forgot the tile. I'm already fishing for over 3 hours now.

~ | Latest shiny: Platinum (246 Softresets) | ~

~ | Friendscode X & Y: 3196-4085-3103 | ~

~ | Living Pokédex: 718/721 | ~

Never found one, after about a week of trying. Gave up. Ha
    Game: Soul Silver
    Name: Agent X
    FC: 3955-1298-0022

Fire Red Team (0 badges):

Emerald Team (3 badges):

Soul Silver Team (16 badges):

I fished Feebas once, it was in Sapphire. I didn't know what was the phrase in Dewford Town.

I have no idea what the phrase was. It really doesn't matter - the encounter rate is the same no matter what. All changing the phrase does is rearrange the tiles, so the tiles that Feebas will appear on change. It doesn't make it any more or less likely that it'll appear.

I just moved in a pattern and fished each tile long enough to catch two or three fish, so I could be pretty sure I wasn't on a Feebas tile, and kept going until I found one. Then I settled down to fishing until I caught one I wanted to evolve. Milotic's one of my all-time favorites, so I made sure to get a good one in each game.

I hate to admit it, but I never did find a Feebas myself in RSE. I had read in my RS guidebook that there were six spots to catch it (this was long before I knew about Serebii or other such sites), but I didn't realize that it meant six individual tiles - I thought it meant that there were six patches of land near the river that you had to fish from. XD Thankfully, I met someone kind enough to trade me a Feebas egg at one of the Journey Across America events several years ago (I do remember that I was about 15 Pokemon away from completing the National Pokedex in Sapphire at that point, so I was very happy).

Friend Safari - Bug with Butterfree/Volbeat/Vivillon - PM me for my FC!
        Spoiler:- Shiny hunting stuff:

Find one? Bah, who needs to find one when you can get an egg from a friend?
    Take a moment to consider just how nothing nothing really is....If you understand this, then you just solved the universe.

The truth that each person...each soul...is a book. And when we lay our feelings out in the open...and we give them no name...and we give them no author....and we give them no description.....who will actually read them..........?"

Credit to Eevee for the amazing banner.
    Current fanfiction project: Pokemon: Absolution

I found them in Mt. Coronet in Platinum. I found it surprisingly easy, though.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Credit goes to FairyWitch at Flower Paradise Graphics

Fanfic Status: Currently postponed-- Kingdom Hearts: Memories' Reflection. Last updated 8/17/13

I've never found one persay, but my sister found it in my Platinum game and we got a bunch.

Pokemon White 2 Team:

SINNOOOHHHH
    PM me if you'd like a Gen VI battle.

I remember at one time, we were lucky enough to find one, but never knew how to evolve it.

Now I can never find this thing. Why do they think it's necessary to make things harder for the gamers to catch certain Pokes?

In Ruby before I completed the game I just happened to be fishing and found one, after catching it I breed it a lot and gave all the eggs to people I knew who didn't have one

I don't remember the phrase I had chosen, but I do remember that before I knew about the six tiles, I couldn't find one at all. After I found out about the limited tiles, I fished one up on my third try, and I thank my lucky stars that it was the correct nature.
    even if we don't understand each other, that's not a reason to reject each other. There are two sides to any argument. Is there one point of view that has all the answers? Give it some thought.
    ^ This is the reason why I like arguing. If I come off as standoffish or overly angry in an argument, don't worry. I'm probably having the time of my life. Whether I agree with them or not, the pokemon fandom has a lot of different opinions, and I love how nobody is afraid to share them.

Oh God...I don't remember a whole lot about it, but when I got my Feebas on Emerald (probably by a stroke of luck) I trained the thing like crazy, getting it leveled up to 55 before I realized it wasn't going to evolve on its own. -_-

Thanks to Astral Shadow for the button!

I just recently caught a Feebas yesterday. I made a commitment to finally actually try and catch one (when I was younger I would try try try try and always fail...) in a new run of ruby I was doing, so immediately once I got to route 119 I dodged all the trainers and went to the first part you can fish in (the lake with the guy that has a Feebas. So first tile 4 Magikarps. Second tile a Tentacool and then a Feebas!

My jaw literally dropped as I finally found the pokemon I oh so wanted as a kid in less then 3 minutes of searching. Using the same cartridge I got in 2003 that is now so old it has a dead battery. I caught and bred one until I got one with a dry favoring nature, settled for Quiet. 6 Kelpsey and 5 Bluk berries later and I now have a Milotic.

Now I've had a Milotic in other games but only from trades so I'm happy to finally have my own real Milotic that has tooken me 10 years to get (Not that I really tried every single year since I've had the game xD...)

I searched on every tile. I made a tool sort-of thing on MS paint that helped a bit, but it wasn't really that much of a help; it really only helps if you want to catch another one and forgot the tile it was on.
    Currently not playing any Pokemon Games, you can check my Backloggery for games that I AM playing, if you're interested:

If I'm playing a Pokemon game, I'll have my signature display the game I'm playing, current team, and badge number.

It doesn't matter what phrase you have, it's completly all to do with luck and the rng mechanics which I can't wrap my head around.

I don't have one since I've never looked for one.

Dammit, I've been practically dead. Too busy fighting demons and shadows.......* points evoker at head*....... back to work...* fires*

† I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Got one when I was trying to complete the dex [still am, national though]. Took about the average amount of time I'd say, an hour and a half maybe.

Ahh, Feebas. I used to have nearly every Pokemon in Emerald, but he was one of the ones I could never just get.

Out of curiosity, will using the same phrase as someone else generate the same Feebas tiles *gen 3 specifically* as another person's save file?
    Take it easy
    "See you next summer..."
    (S2 is now!)
    I'm looking for an old piece of art I requested on here years ago and lost. It was a brown-haired girl with a pink wristband riding a Torterra. If you think you have this picture saved or have seen it somewhere please let me know and send it to me.

After getting to know how to fish it (back then I was a lot less skilled with computers, so searching for "how-to's" was a bit hard) it took me 5 minutes :-)

I normally can find one within a hour or two of searching. On my latest play-through it took me about a minute to find a Feebas spot, so I caught a bunch of them for good IVs to pass on for breeding.

I never got a Feebas at all and it wasn't from the lack of trying, well I gave up eventually
    I'm back and with a 3DS friend code if you want to add me: 5026 4445 5102

I'll need to be patient, but I'll read a lot about how to increase my chance of fishing one fastly.
    Oh my Feebas !
    Newest Shiny !

Spoiler:- My Hunts and Shinies:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast