Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Most Epic Fails in the Pokemon Games

Default Most Epic Fails in the Pokemon Games

What are your most epic fails in the Pokemon Games? I believe mine was when I encountered a Shiny Skarmory in Emerald while trying out a YouTube glitch [that obviously didn't work, I might add] to get to the islands for Deoxys Lugia and Ho-Oh without the event tickets. I caught the Shiny Skarmory in an Ultra Ball and continued with the glitch. When it failed, I kinda got annoyed and turned off the game. Little did I realize, I forgot to save the game, thereby losing my Shiny Skarmory... Add to that the fact that Skarmory is one of my favorite Pokemon... Yeah, that sucked. lol.

So, share your most epic fails in the Pokemon Games!
    Currently semi-active until Early-Mid January 2013 due to being busy as a Programmer and all. If you would like to speak to me before that time, send me a PM VM or email. Until then... "Smell ya later !" ~Gary Oak

I forgot to save after getting my Espeon to level 100...;n;

tumblr
    - i've claimed zelos wilder, xerneas, and tales of the abyss
    Omega Ruby team:

My ss game got corrupt and I lost my lvl 100 FEMALE typhlosion
    Fairywitch's last artwork below:

Shiny Hunts:

BQ#1 Game Lost

Catching Rayquaza in a Master Ball and then expecting to beat the Elite 4 with it...little did I know that one of the Elite 4 members had ICE TYPES. I am a failure T+T *cries in corner* :P
    MMing: Espurr, 90 eggs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    Good. You can never understand the mindset of a woman.

I encountered a shiny Gloom in Fire Red and it managed to knock itself out from Confusion due to Petal Dance
    I'm part of the staff at Project Pokemon! Smod in forums, AOP in IRC, Administrator on Shoddy. Come visit us. Our Project is Pokemon!

Encountering a shiny Camerupt in Diamond, then knocking it out because I accidentally hit Mega Drain instead of Toxic...

Also forgetting to save before Suicune in Crystal and failing to catch it. Instead of just shutting off the game like I should have, I saved afterwards because I didn't want to lose the previous hour and a half of progress, even though that "progress" was miniscule. I was such a naive little child.

Friend Safari - Bug with Butterfree/Volbeat/Vivillon - PM me for my FC!
        Spoiler:- Shiny hunting stuff:

Failed miserably against Red one time.. Didn't even defeat his Pikachu.

SR'd over shiny Dratini in SS early this year.
    X FC: Cutty 2449 6004 1037

Pokegyms Fairy Leader

Credit to Astral Shadow for the userbar and Kida-Ookami for the badge.

I lost to a PARASOL LADY once. Wait! Let me explain! I'd been in Chargestone Cave without enough Repels or any escape ropes. I realised my team was way underlevelled, so I turned back. By the time I got out, Audino was the only pokemon I had left. It was doing OK for HP though, so I assumed I wouldn't have any problems getting to a pokecenter. Unfortunately, I was seen by this Parasol Lady, and defeated her first pokemon easily, but then she sent out Frillish. All of Audino's moves were Normal-type, so I couldn't damage the thing at all and just had to wait for it to slowly defeat me. Epic fail.

White 1335 5361 5411
    White 2 3740 7568 0796

I released an Oddish one time in Emerald and later in life I went in the grass and encountered a shiny Oddish. I'm colorblind so I thought the little star that appears meant that the Pokemon used to be yours lol. I caught it too haha.

I used a Master Ball on a Roselia in Ruby lmao, that's the first Pokemon game that I actually made it to the end to and beat so I didn't know the importance of a Master Ball at the time. I ended up catching Rayquaza with a Great Ball I think though lol

In Emerald I accidentally defeated Rayquaza then accidentally saved the game
    Quote Originally Posted by _Calm|Mind_ View Post
    The Internet - you're either underweight, overweight, a guy, or a guy pretending to be a girl.

I kept using move set with four moves of the same type when I was young :/

I used my starter: Emboar in a ground and flying gym on Pokemon Black.
    Kept using fire moves on ground Pokemon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada
    The Human brain is a funny thing, Do you know that?
    Credit goes to FairyWitch for the Banner.

I tried fighting Brycen with a team of dragons.

When playing Crystal I found a shiny Goldeen, but I didn't catch it because I already had a Goldeen and didn't think it mattered if it was shiny or not.
    Silly me.

When I was a kid and I was playing Ruby, I spent HOURS losing to May because of her damn Treecko being 4X super effective against my marshtomp. Another thing was when I got lost in the Wayward Cave in Pearl with no repels and then saved. I spent more than enough time there. Finally, my third shiny, geodude, was caught in my only Masterball cause I was scared it would blow up-it was Level 11.

Soon I'll have you, after years and years XD

Traded LV. 60 Adamant Drapion for a Naive Dewott. To be honest, I don't even like the Oshowatt evolution line in general, but I wanted to build a team around it just to see what it's like. Seemed as if that trade were a waste of time by how it looked back then.

Luckily, I have replaced Drapion with another good tank, Slowbro.
    Ardent user of anything Rock, Steel, Ground, or Fire
    3DS FC: 4296-3229-5439
    Credit to Mochi10 for the userbar/Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner

I remember my first time playing pokemon diamond(first pokemon game ever)I knocked out dialga and wasted my master ball on a chansey.

I accidentally saved after fainting Kyorge on Emerald.

My cousin had Ruby, which was her first pokemon game, and taught her Blaziken fighting and normal type moves. She then fought Hex Trainer and got owned by a Shuppet XD.
    The Graceful Assassin

Credit to FairyWitch

Once, me and my older brother were playing Firered (me) and Leafgreen (him) together.

we had both just beaten Lt. Surge and we both went into rock tunnel. Then we had a contest: who could get through Rock Tunnel first. I was eager to win because he had always been one step ahead of me.

While he constantly went back to the Pokemon Center to heal, I pressed on.

Eventually, after a lot of zubats, I got through, beating my brother. I gloated and bragged then went into lavender town. My brother told me of the ghost types and how they would be good against a gym leader later, so without even visiting the pokemon centre I went to Pokemon Tower to catch these ghost types.

Then there he stood. my rival. I accidentally started the fight with him and I froze. My brother looked at my screen and laughed. With all my pokemon either fainted or worn out from Rock Tunnel I was destroyed. I blacked out.

And woke up in Cerulean City.

Another thing that happened both me and my brother messed up with the master balls. He caught a pidgey with it and me a fearow.
    Charizard

Enought Said

Cheryl KO'd a Shiny Cascoon with her Chansey....
    My Pokemon White FC: 4728-4965-2910
    My Pokemon White 2 FC: 4513-8303-2953

Took me 11 tries to beat Cynthia (Cause imma boss) Yes i counted.

Quote Originally Posted by BritishWeavile View Post
    Took me 11 tries to beat Cynthia (Cause imma boss) Yes i counted.
    It took me...1 try.

I didn't know you could turn off the alarms that made the Team Rocket grunts fight you in SS/HG. You know, at the base? I've replayed SS 3 times and I didn't know that...

tumblr
    - i've claimed zelos wilder, xerneas, and tales of the abyss
    Omega Ruby team:

It took me forever to like find my way out of Twist Mountain in Pokemon Black.
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada
    The Human brain is a funny thing, Do you know that?
    Credit goes to FairyWitch for the Banner.

Quote Originally Posted by iliekmudkipz View Post
    It took me...1 try.

I didn't know you could turn off the alarms that made the Team Rocket grunts fight you in SS/HG. You know, at the base? I've replayed SS 3 times and I didn't know that...
    Saw that the first try xD

Quote Originally Posted by TouyaBlack View Post
    It took me forever to like find my way out of Twist Mountain in Pokemon Black.
    Twist mountain took me around 10 minutes to do.

Losing to a random Sawk outside Pinwheel forest during one of my White runs. I had a team planned and at that point I only had one pokemon with me (I don't remember which). While I was raising its level to take on Lenora, I was also looking something up on the internet so I wasn't really paying attention to the battles. Soon the first turn the Sawk used Bide without me noticing and, unfortunately, my attacks wasn't strong enough to beat it in two hits.
    Just another generic signature.

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast