Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Most Epic Fails in the Pokemon Games

I remember playing Sapphire once and running into a Shiny Lotad, then accidentally escaping from it.

Same in Black with a Shiny Boldore.

Long time ago:

Thought I caught a shiny, but it was just the heal ball animation xD

When battling in Pokemon Black, I would sometimes use Type Disadvantages of my team.
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada
    The Human brain is a funny thing, Do you know that?
    Credit goes to FairyWitch for the Banner.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorilladanny View Post
    Long time ago:

I have to admit, I was fooled at least once...When I sent out the pokemon, my heart jumped a little....

Just finished the story of White, and it's my third time playing through the story.

Beat the E4, caught Zekrom, beat N, beat Ghestis, yaddayaddayadda. Decide "Hey, let's go to the eastern side of Unova now!"
    I get into into a battle and then I start losing. Like actually losing. Then I realize the levels:
    Opponent's team: 68/65/67
    My teams: 43/43/45/46/51/53
    *facepalm*
    My mistake: Going into trainer battles 20 levels underleveled. On my third playthrough, you'd have thought I would have remembered that the level of trainers poke's spike from 51 in the E4 to 68 by random trainers. I mean, you know you're underleved when the wild pokemon are leading you by a level or two(ten or twelve, if you go in the dark grass)
    ~Author's Profile ||~|| <Fly High Graphics> ~
    ~rTTL: Chapter 3: 31% ||~|~|~|| rAVT : Chapter 2: 0%~

Shiny Pokemon that aren't too differently coloured. This has fooled me oh so many times!
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Quote Originally Posted by Brutaka View Post
    Just finished the story of White, and it's my third time playing through the story.

Beat the E4, caught Zekrom, beat N, beat Ghestis, yaddayaddayadda. Decide "Hey, let's go to the eastern side of Unova now!"
    I get into into a battle and then I start losing. Like actually losing. Then I realize the levels:
    Opponent's team: 68/65/67
    My teams: 43/43/45/46/51/53
    *facepalm*
    My mistake: Going into trainer battles 20 levels underleveled. On my third playthrough, you'd have thought I would have remembered that the level of trainers poke's spike from 51 in the E4 to 68 by random trainers. I mean, you know you're underleved when the wild pokemon are leading you by a level or two(ten or twelve, if you go in the dark grass)
    That's what Volcarona is there for, to help you beat them easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Hikari10Girl View Post
    Stealth Rock says hi. That's another fail in Pokemon, how crippling it is and how drastically it changed the competitive part of the game.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Hadnt caught him yet, and relying on that Volc is about as useful as relying on the lvl 100 Reshiram from that one event. Which I admit to doing vs Ghestis cuz his Hydreigon one-shotted my whole team, which isn't really fair. Then again, my team was poorly planned out. Scolipede/Beartic/Beheeyem/Emolga/Keldeo/Zekrom
    The Keldeo was from that last event as well.

I gave my master ball to Walrius so that my brother won't know where is it since he likes to disturb me.One day, I decided to have all the three starters of hoenn.I used my brother's Ruby and my Emerald. Since my brother agreed to lend me his ruby to get the starters on a one condition: I had to trade over my Walrius to him as a 'safekeep'. I traded it over without realising my master ball was traded along.And soon, my brother restarted the game.There goes my master ball and money to buy so many ultra balls.

I remember playing Sapphire once and running into a Shiny Lotad, then accidentally escaping from it.

How in the world would you "accidentally" run away?

Quote Originally Posted by BritishWeavile View Post
    Simple, you accidently hit the run button. Ive done it quite a bit, thankfully not on a shiny though, my awarness goes through the roof on them

Quote Originally Posted by Brutaka View Post
    Simple, you accidently hit the run button. Ive done it quite a bit, thankfully not on a shiny though, my awarness goes through the roof on them
    I've only done it once. And it was because I didn't look at the screen.

lol similar situation happened to me

I'm not sure if I posted this already but in Pokemon Black 1 when I ran into a shiny Zebstrika on route 7 I accidentally hit run -___________-

FC: 4699-6505-4258

IGN: Diva

I ran away from a level 3 shiny Shinx cuz I already had a Shinx at like level ten or something. *cries*
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Poliwhirl'sMittens View Post
    I have to admit, I was fooled at least once...When I sent out the pokemon, my heart jumped a little....
    Me too. I can't remember what the pokemon was, but it looked a little lighter colored then usual, so I freaked out a little waiting for the animation, but it didn't came. It happened again soon after, because I was trying my team and the same pokemon came up.
    Quote Originally Posted by BritishWeavile View Post
    Sometimes, after finding a pokemon I want, I stupidly hit 'run' because I hit it so many times before.
    I'm looking for a Serperior named Serpedera. It'll be at lvl 98 or above. If you happen to have such a pokemon please PM me.

Pretendeavors (Goals I have that don't really mean anything) Updated 10-04-13

Voltorb Flip, Level 8 Victories: 16
    White Geonet: All countries completed!!! (130), 505 Trade Locations (of 513)
    The Last Ten: Locations
    Arunachel Pradesh, India * Dadra & Nager Hall, India * Formosa, Argentina ()
    Henan, China * Himachal Pradesh, India * Lakshadweep, India
    Lubusz, Poland * Madhya Pradesh, India * Shaanxi, China () * Sikkim, India

Pokeathlon Pokedex: 493/493- COMPLETED!!! (01-05-13)

I've done this enough times to hate myself, but when I come across a pokemon I really want/need I get too excited and start button mashing (or in the DS's case screen mashing) and accidentally press run. I get out the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychicPsycho View Post
    Sometimes, after finding a pokemon I want, I stupidly hit 'run' because I hit it so many times before.
    Quote Originally Posted by RainaXainne View Post
    I've done this enough times to hate myself, but when I come across a pokemon I really want/need I get too excited and start button mashing (or in the DS's case screen mashing) and accidentally press run. I get out the first time.
    This has happened to me many times.

tumblr
    - i've claimed zelos wilder, xerneas, and tales of the abyss
    Omega Ruby team:

Quote Originally Posted by Gorilladanny View Post
    Long time ago:

Yay, I thought I was the only one who did that! lol (quite recently too)

White 1335 5361 5411
    White 2 3740 7568 0796

Quote Originally Posted by Master Leo View Post
    Not all Gen1 Fanboys (myself included) hate Gen5 (Gen4 was garbage though...). Its hilarious to me how people get worked up over seeing a post on the INTERNET.
    By Gen 1 fanboy I was referring to what lots of people would call a "genwunner" (I hate the term so I try not to use it) ie, someone who hates every other gen because they aren't gen 1. Obviously that doesn't apply to you, although saying Gen 4 is garbage is just as bad as saying Gen 5 is garbage, each gen has improved on the last one. I don't see why it's that hard to accept. It's not one post that got me worked up, it's the fact that you see stuff like that everywhere.

it was in daimond a was going to the stark mountain and encountered a shiny weezing i was trying to catch it but on the 2nd turn he uses explosion >.<
    My fc: 4871 5236 8426

Dare to battle me?

I'm back

im not sure if this counts but yesterday i went to sainsbury's (living in england) i went to buy w2 with my friend yesterday i saw that there was a box showing b2w2 but just a box. we lost hope but then i heard the ad for the games(i mean who doesn't like that insanely catchy version of the theme) and i ran round the bend i slipped and fell down not once but twice. i was so excited then i saw it was a bloody tv! so then we asked the person working there if they have it. i was told to go to the photo shop (dont know what that is) they said they have it. soooooo excited! then they said that we needed an adult.

WHAT THE F***!? A 3+ game and i still need an adult? so then i went to a different shop today i couldnt see it though so i thought they were out of business. immediately i thought to myself why? just why? then i saw the logo for the shop and thought, yes! there is still hope left! then i saw a bunch of clothes i the shop. me: ****. so then i went to another shop which took about an hour from my destination i got there the shop there terminated as well. then i went to a near by shop. they dont have it. then i went to another nearby shop. they have it yes! just about to buy it when i realise im 55 pence short of Ł30 pounds. fair enough it is just 55 p so lets see if theyll let it slide right. she sent me packing with a smile. aww come on its just 55p come on! later today i went shopping with my mom they had it. yup they had it and cheaper than most but i couldnt buy it. no words could dexcribe a feeling like this but i swear i heard someone singing trollloolllloolllllollllo!

*face palm*
    Pokemon White rotational teams pokes in trainingWhite Fc: 4556 7172 3697 BP: 15

credit goes to luxraymaster for the awesome team pose

Your signature contained too many images and was too tall. Please read the signature rules before you update it again.

Defeating Brock in Pokemon Yellow with a level 20 Pikachu because I stupidly thought Pikachu was the best Pokemon of them all and no other Pokemon could beat Brock... *sigh*

My shiny Pokemon:

-- Zira -- Florence -- Trick -- Brimstone -- Fleece -- Robin -- Horace --

Heart Gold FC: 0948-7530-2951

Pokemon Black FC: 2924-4380-1565

Pokemon Y FC: 1547-5454-3033 (Sunkern, Swadloon in safari)

Your rival in GSC. You beat him countless times, yet he still convince himself that you suck, and he rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Demysta View Post
    Defeating Brock in Pokemon Yellow with a level 20 Pikachu because I stupidly thought Pikachu was the best Pokemon of them all and no other Pokemon could beat Brock... *sigh*
    lol, proof the anime is uneducative for kids who want to play the game.
    I lost count of how many times the show messed up the type weaknesses/resistances.....

Spoiler:- Credits:

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast