Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Most Epic Fails in the Pokemon Games

Saving right before Cynthia in Platinum with my team on low health and being really low on healing items.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Wolf View Post
    Saving right before Cynthia in Platinum with my team on low health and being really low on healing items.
    That reminded me of one time in Pokemon Black, I went into her house in Undella Town, challenge her to a battle, got Volcarona out first to defeat Spiritomb, Garchomp came out first, stay in, and it used Stone Edge on it, killing it in one hit. Plus, I didn't save.
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada
    The Human brain is a funny thing, Do you know that?
    Credit goes to FairyWitch for the Banner.

Quote Originally Posted by iliekmudkipz View Post

i didn't know you could turn off the alarms that made the team rocket grunts fight you in ss/hg. You know, at the base? I've replayed ss 3 times and i didn't know that...
    you can?!?
    T_t

The moment a few seconds ago when I realised that the pink thing is Poliwag's mouth, and not its nose...

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

"For God so loveth the world, that he hath given his only son, that none that believe in him, should perish: but should have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

My Animelist

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Wolf View Post
    So? If you lose to Cynthia just buy more items and such back at the league centre.

Quote Originally Posted by BritishWeavile View Post
    So? If you lose to Cynthia just buy more items and such back at the league centre.
    That depends on how much money you have though!

Quote Originally Posted by Charizardfan900 View Post
    Once, me and my older brother were playing Firered (me) and Leafgreen (him) together.

we had both just beaten Lt. Surge and we both went into rock tunnel. Then we had a contest: who could get through Rock Tunnel first. I was eager to win because he had always been one step ahead of me.
    Sounds like the age-old Gary Oak vs Ash Ketchum rivalry to me, lololol. Especially the being one step ahead of you part. XD

I didn't know you could turn off the alarms that made the Team Rocket grunts fight you in SS/HG. You know, at the base? I've replayed SS 3 times and I didn't know that...

I actually lol'd at all the posts replying to this one, especially cricket's post xD [no offense! lol] A lot of people surprisingly don't seem to realize that, however either way it is a good way to grind some levels in a nuzlocke without fighting random wild Pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by TouyaBlack
    That reminded me of one time in Pokemon Black, I went into her house in Undella Town, challenge her to a battle, got Volcarona out first to defeat Spiritomb, Garchomp came out first, stay in, and it used Stone Edge on it, killing it in one hit. Plus, I didn't save.
    That is just sad bro. Volcarona is one of my all-time fav Pokes, set up on Spiritomb with Quiver Dance next time!

Lets see, another fail of mine?

I am not sure if this would classify as a 'fail,' but ever since D/P I always got sorta worried of getting lost in the huge cities in the games. IE Jubilife City and Castelia City. When I saw the promotional videos and pictures of those cities, I'm always like "Ohmahgawd, I hope I don't get lost in that helluva big city!!" Well, I don't actually talk like that, but you get the point lol. Then once I actually play through those cities in the actual games, I realize they aren't so big and confusing after all... (Thank you GameFreak for not making Pokemon game maps as big as Xenoblade maps!) Tbh I was more actually worried about Jubilife City, cuz I was younger and had never played a 3-dimensional game before, so yeah... Once I mastered D/P/Pt though, I wasn't really too worried about Castelia City, though I was still a little hesitant about how big it would be... Weird right? lolz
    Currently semi-active until Early-Mid January 2013 due to being busy as a Programmer and all. If you would like to speak to me before that time, send me a PM VM or email. Until then... "Smell ya later !" ~Gary Oak

Thought Sunkern was awesome when I was little, now I know it isn't

Quote Originally Posted by Duranteater View Post
    That depends on how much money you have though!
    I barely bought anything in my platinum.

The only I bought were max repels and hyper potions xD

I barely bought anything in my platinum.

The only I bought were max repels and hyper potions xD
    What about Pokeballs?

tumblr
    - i've claimed zelos wilder, xerneas, and tales of the abyss
    Omega Ruby team:

What about Pokeballs?
    And Full Heals/Full Restores? I'd hate to fight Cynthia with my MVP badly poisoned by Drapion's Toxic or something.
    Currently semi-active until Early-Mid January 2013 due to being busy as a Programmer and all. If you would like to speak to me before that time, send me a PM VM or email. Until then... "Smell ya later !" ~Gary Oak

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Oak! View Post
    And Full Heals/Full Restores? I'd hate to fight Cynthia with my MVP badly poisoned by Drapion's Toxic or something.
    I had a Gastrodon with Earthquake. Drapion was nothing.

tumblr
    Omega Ruby team:

What about Pokeballs?
    I used whatever I found :P

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Oak! View Post
    Okay, full heals too.

I used whatever I found :P
    I only found, like, 6. >,<

tumblr
    Omega Ruby team:

Default Goodbye, my first Pokemon.

5 years ago, when I was only 10, Pokemon Diamond was all I played. Piplup, later my Empoleon, was my first Pokemon ever, as well as my first level 100 Pokemon. After about 300 hours and 15 minutes of play time, I restarted my Diamond game, knowing that Empoleon would be gone forever. I should have NEVER done that. xP

~nightsmith97
    Currently traveling through the Kalos region in Pokemon X!

One of my biggest epic fails would be the time I spent 1 hour trying to hit a gengar in Blue version..
    Also, I thought that Sentret was the BEST.
    Check out Dragon-Tamer club..had to remove it because sig was too big. (Mod: As was having the water club)

Credit to Savanny
    CREDIT TO CYRIUS[
    Need someone to train your pokemon or breed for one ? I will do it.

Quote Originally Posted by TouyaBlack View Post
    I used my starter: Emboar in a ground and flying gym on Pokemon Black.
    Kept using fire moves on ground Pokemon.
    I laugh at your sig...hahaha...one does not simply "plan" a team...

Quote Originally Posted by AeroKorogu View Post
    I laugh at your sig...hahaha...one does not simply "plan" a team...
    And that was funny because?

tumblr
    Omega Ruby team:

Mine was the B/W Legendary fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Naamă View Post
    Mine was the B/W Legendary fight.
    How is fighting a legendary a fail? >_<

I don't know if I would call this a epic fail moment but it was definitely a epic stupid moment. So I was playing white version trying to level up my minchino. It was battling an audino and got attracted by it, then the audino got attracted by my minchino's cute charm. After that my severly stupid minchino failed to attack 8 times in a row DXXXXXXXXX

Pokemon fan girl since 1999 =D
    Raichu is #1 Forever!!!

Maybe they saved after killing it? D:

tumblr
    Omega Ruby team:

Maybe they saved after killing it? D:
    Usually if you beat the elite four they respawn in the same spot

3DS XL FC for Pokemon Y 2595-0724-5772 IGN SmeargleRocks
    Shiny Number 1268

I can offer gen6 cloning services, I will only clone what I don't have as glitch cloning can take awhile and be stressful

Self caught shinies on Y 24
    first successfull (and accidental) MM Shelmet timid 31/1/19/31/31/31 4:25 pm EST 4/14/14
    Shiny XD Gale of Darkness Zubat caught September 17th 2012 @ 4:24 pm EST cave PokeSpot

FUC* ALL HACKERS!!!
    ALL Gen6 6IV Event pokemon are hacked

The most 'fail' like moment I ever experienced was trying to glitch myself a shiny Mew in Yellow using the Mimic-Transform glitch like I'd normally do for a shiny Ditto (requires a shiny with Mimic from GSC). The idea for the Ditto is to have the Red Gyarados from GSC, teach it TM 31: Mimic in Yellow, and have it battle Ditto. Use Mimic to take Transform. The Ditto Transforms into Gyarados. Gyarados uses Transform and the Ditto does the same thing. Then catch it, send it over to GSC, and the Ditto will be shiny.

So, using that, I used a couple of glitches to encounter a level 13 Mew (has Pound + Transform) in the 'classic' area between Saffron and Lavender. With the Red Gyarados from my Gold, I did all the stuff requried to make the Mew shiny. Took a while because that thing was determined to use Pound 'till death. But eventually, it used Transform, then my Gyarados used Transform, and Mew had no choice but to use Transform again. Then I caught it using Missingno.-duplicated Master Balls, and the WRONG MESSAGE occurred. "GOTCHA! DITTO WAS CAUGHT!"

Huh? As it turns out, anything that uses Transform in the wild in Yellow is considered to be a Ditto since it's the only thing with Transform that you encounter through normal methods. So I ended up catching a level 13 Ditto with like... 35/25 HP or something (it had Mew's HP. Base 100 (Mew) is greater than 48 of Ditto, after all) that was shiny. I tried several more times and I ended up with 4 shiny Dittos and 0 Mews.
    Tired of seeing all-shiny teams on Wifi Random Matchup?
    Tired of hearing your friends brag about their shinies?
    Tired of hatching thousands of eggs to just get Hidden Power right?
    Visit my shop and turn the tables! PT's Perfect Shiny Shop. The simple solution.

I catch the goddamn legendary but can't see its nature before the game saves.This is a fail for me.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast