Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Lamest Battle EVER in the Animé

Default The Lamest Battle EVER in the Animé

Spoiler:

Totally predictable and a waste of time.

yours?

- Thanks for the movement Sushi
    Last edited by Kenny Pkmn Trainer; 28th September 2012 at 11:43 PM. Reason: Thanks to Sushi

I suppose Ash losing to the strongest Magikarp in DP.

My choice isn't a complete battle, but a part of a batlle.

When Ash faced Tobias in the Sinnoh League. Heracross was taken out, and ash sends out torkoal.

Who is promptly KO'ed by it.

Why?

Ash had infernape, charizard, and even quilava, but he used crybaby torkoal. Don't get me wrong, torkoal is my favorite fire type. But Ash's was soooo pathetic. And now they tell me is KO'ed by a dark pulse, when in Hoenn it survived sinking to the bottom of the ocean? Also, his torkoal defeated a steelix and almost tied with registeel.

Ash's torkoal was shown in the past to be weak, but not so weak that a single move could take it out, even from a legendary.

And that torkoal could have avoided the hit. We've all seen it jump straight up 10 feet to use body slam. Or it could have switched to overheat, which would have countered the move.

Sorry for the rant, but this is a pet peeve of mine.
    3DS FC: 4081-5902-7378 Add Me!
        Spoiler:- My Champion Teams:

Credit to Forever and Again art shop

Credit to VampirateMace for the Banner

Quote Originally Posted by Grassmaster411 View Post
    My choice isn't a complete battle, but a part of a batlle.

When Ash faced Tobias in the Sinnoh League. Heracross was taken out, and ash sends out torkoal.

Who is promptly KO'ed by it.

Why?

Ash had infernape, charizard, and even quilava, but he used crybaby torkoal. Don't get me wrong, torkoal is my favorite fire type. But Ash's was soooo pathetic. And now they tell me is KO'ed by a dark pulse, when in Hoenn it survived sinking to the bottom of the ocean? Also, his torkoal defeated a steelix and almost tied with registeel.

Ash's torkoal was shown in the past to be weak, but not so weak that a single move could take it out, even from a legendary.

And that torkoal could have avoided the hit. We've all seen it jump straight up 10 feet to use body slam. Or it could have switched to overheat, which would have countered the move.

Sorry for the rant, but this is a pet peeve of mine.
    Yeah , I agree. I have heard the same about that from MANY people too. The fact that Sceptile Heracross and Pikachu ( Only these are close to the Elite Group of Pokemon that Ash got ) beated the crap out of Darkrai and Latios SAYS ALOT and could u imagine that Infernape Charizard Snorlax and Primeape( Just to name a few ) are way more stronger then them( exception Sceptile ) ? by the way , i hoped that Ash would've evolve his Gible to his second form. I knew that wasnt going to happen but i still hoped for it. Still sucks that the creators didnt do it lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Pkmn Trainer View Post
    Yeah , I agree. I have heard the same about that from MANY people too. The fact that Sceptile Heracross and Pikachu ( Only these are close to the Elite Group of Pokemon that Ash got ) beated the crap out of Darkrai and Latios SAYS ALOT and could u imagine that Infernape Charizard Snorlax and Primeape( Just to name a few ) are way more stronger then them( exception Sceptile ) ? by the way , i hoped that Ash would've evolve his Gible to his second form. I knew that wasnt going to happen but i still hoped for it. Still sucks that the creators didnt do it lol.
    Yeah, the fight should have been much closer.

I don't know if we are going to see primeage ever again. Its been a long time. It would have been nice if he did evolve gible, but I think one of two things will happen to gible
    A: Traded to Iris
    B: We don't see him for 3 years, then he's brought back evolved for a league battle(I'm looking at you cyndaquil)
    Gible upsets me a little in this battle. Ash practically just caught it, and it lasts longer against darkrai then torkoal did.

I think Ash's sceptile is definetly in his elite. It's taken one 3 legendaries by now (darkrai, regirock, and deoxys) and regularly defeates pokemon it has disadvantages against. Ex: Flannery's slugma and the scixor that terrorized a town.

But, to get back on track, I think there is a battle that everyone agrees was messed up. I think it was one of the very first battles pikachu had after tieng with latios. I'm sure you've guessed it by now, but here it is.

Ash's pikachu ties with latios, but looses to a lv 14 sansoak. Its stuff like this that made me stop watching years ago.
    3DS FC: 4081-5902-7378 Add Me!
        Spoiler:- My Champion Teams:

Credit to Forever and Again art shop

Credit to VampirateMace for the Banner

Quote Originally Posted by Grassmaster411 View Post
    Yeah, the fight should have been much closer.

I don't know if we are going to see primeage ever again. Its been a long time. It would have been nice if he did evolve gible, but I think one of two things will happen to gible
    A: Traded to Iris
    B: We don't see him for 3 years, then he's brought back evolved for a league battle(I'm looking at you cyndaquil)
    Gible upsets me a little in this battle. Ash practically just caught it, and it lasts longer against darkrai then torkoal did.

I think Ash's sceptile is definetly in his elite. It's taken one 3 legendaries by now (darkrai, regirock, and deoxys) and regularly defeates pokemon it has disadvantages against. Ex: Flannery's slugma and the scixor that terrorized a town.

But, to get back on track, I think there is a battle that everyone agrees was messed up. I think it was one of the very first battles pikachu had after tieng with latios. I'm sure you've guessed it by now, but here it is.

Ash's pikachu ties with latios, but looses to a lv 14 sansoak. Its stuff like this that made me stop watching years ago.
    Agreed here. If we talk about levels , Pikachu isnt lv 100 , its more like 1000 something. Levels doesnt count as a role in the anime but i mean COME ON Ash and his Pikachu are training alot through 4-5 regions or something? and couple of islands? seriously.. It would make sense if Pikachu would just beat the crap out of the weak ones and lose to tougher opponent but its the other way around in the anime.

Oshawott versus Tranquill.

nuff said

Metapod vs. Metapod.

yes, I went there. :P

“...This is a tricky problem, huh. I really, really want to see the other Heroes... and if it works out, I want to make friends with them! If I made friends with six Heroes, I’d be an awesome mage! We could even conquer the world!”
    -Flatt Escardos, Fate Strange Fake
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204
    tumblr|fanfiction

At least both sides got to do something in that battle.

Ash 4th Unova gym battle *facepalms*. If not for Palpitoad, it would be the WORST gym EVER!!!
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

The gym wasn't that bad, and I don't see how Palpitoad saved it from being the worst...

Quote Originally Posted by octopusG44 View Post
    The gym wasn't that bad, and I don't see how Palpitoad saved it from being the worst...
    Pikachu got two one hit ko's. Are you ****ing kidding me -_-.

Palpitoad's battle was the only decently done one which saves the gym for me.
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Pikachu got two one hit ko's. Are you ****ing kidding me -_-.
    Snivy hit Emolga with Leaf Storm earlier, so Emolga wasn't at full health.

Pikachu got two one hit ko's. Are you ****ing kidding me .
    If the anime was realistic every battle with pikachu would be one hit kills.

Lake Acuity nothing more than a ploy to make Paul look good at the expense of Ash and gave him a "standard " fanon team which even now gives people reason to discredit Ash's league victory.

All of trip's fights in the world tourney count.

Snivy hit Emolga with Leaf Storm earlier, so Emolga wasn't at full health.
    Oh that Leaf Storm didn't do **** -_-. I think they even said that in the actual episode.

Oh that Leaf Storm didn't do **** -_-. I think they even said that in the actual episode.
    It still made contact. Besides, it's an Emolga. That species can't really stand up to any strong attack.

It still made contact. Besides, it's an Emolga. That species can't really stand up to any strong attack.
    Isn't steel like not very effective on Electric types??

Pikachu took down volkner's electivire with iron tail. So apparently not in the anime.

I'm pretty sure Quick Attack isn't a steel move.

Pretty much every battle in BW and BW2 so far except for Ash vs Clay. Also the ones where Pikachu wins by knocking out a rock or ground type with an electric attack.
    Last edited by Dawn+Serena Fan; 29th September 2012 at 8:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

I'm pretty sure Quick Attack isn't a steel move.
    Lmfao that's even worse, I confused the two battles.

Ash vs Paul in the Sinnoh League.

Boring and predictable.

e: Seriously, now, I'd have to say Ash vs Ritchie. That battle was pretty bad.
    Last edited by Josef Stylin; 30th September 2012 at 5:41 PM.

imo that battle with infernape and electivire was pretty nice i could've imagined if paul beated ash ( because ash losses alot ) and paul gets knocked off against Tobias.

Quote Originally Posted by thedehydrator View Post
    Pretty much every battle in BW and BW2 so far except for Ash vs Clay. Also the ones where Pikachu wins by knocking out a rock or ground type with an electric attack.
    You need to have a lot of hate to say such a stupid thing, gotta release those bad energies.

-----------------

As for me probably the Kanto battles but the animation was diferent at the time, otherwise of the top of my head I don't remember anything.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast