Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Lamest Battle EVER in the Animé

So far 2 of the battles against Trip were lame as hell:

The 1st one and the last one

The battle club one was OK since Trip had a good strategy and Ash's pokemon were very weak at that time.
    IGN: Carlos
    FC: 0903-2783-6541

[CENTER]SIGNATURE SOON...[/COLOR]

Trip's battles with Ash except for the third one. Sure he used strategy in the 2nd but it felt like Ash being nerfed in everything was the reason why he lost.
    The 4th one was a load of bull. Two hit KO on a fire type and dodging Fire Pledge? Only to be easily crushed like a noob by the champion and then Ash in the league?
    Stupid Plot Amor.

Koffing vs Boldore. HOW THE HELL CAN GYRO BALL DEAL POWERFUL DAMAGE TO BOLDORE WHEN KOFFING WAS A SPEED DEMON?!?!?!? The sheer fact it did not get poisoned to make it realistic was an insult to Boldore's mighty defenses. Seriously it could have grabbed Koffing and pulverize it with Rock Smash.
    Yeah..... I changed my signature....

Ash v. Tobias

The outcome was decided the minute the matchup was announced.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by Dwail8023 View Post
    Ash v. Tobias

The outcome was decided the minute the matchup was announced.
    Couldn't agree more. Not only was Ash defeat obvious, it was a humiliating one. At least when he lost to Harrison in Johto and Tyson in Hoenn Ash and his pokemon put up a bit of a fight. Heracross was there to show how powerful Darkrai was, Swellow, Gible and Torkoal were there to take a beating, and Sceptile and Pikachu were there to soften the blow.
    And that's all there is to it.
    Friend code: 5257-9947-2315. PM me so I can add you too. Safari contains Phanpy, Marowak and Palpitoad.

Current Y team (champions)

Current X team (6th gym badge won)

Ash vs. Giovanni in the most recent episode. They're (Bulbapedia) are pushing it to even call it a battle. Pikachu attacked Persian, and Giovanni came in and tole it to counter Pikachu's attack.

Although the trio battles with Arbok, Seviper, Cacnea, Weezing, etc. are also pretty dull. It always goes the same:

Jessie: Go, Arbok/Seviper!
    James: Go Vicrtreebel/Cacnea/Carnivine/Weezing!
    James (if Victreebel, Cacnea, or Carnivine) Not me! Them! The twerps!
    Jessie: Arbok/Seviper, Poison Sting!
    Ash: Pikachu, Thunderbolt!
    Trio: [Looks like] Team Rocket's blasting off again/We're blasting off again!

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Lmfao that's even worse
    It's worse?

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Pkmn Trainer View Post
    imo that battle with infernape and electivire was pretty nice i could've imagined if paul beated ash ( because ash losses alot ) and paul gets knocked off against Tobias.
    Bullkid was trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    You need to have a lot of hate to say such a stupid thing, gotta release those bad energies.
    He bashes quite a few things from BW.

-------

Scraggy versus Throh was pretty terrible.

There's so many imo i'll just do a top ten

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by octopusG44 View Post
    It's worse?

Bullkid was trolling.

He bashes quite a few things from BW.

-------

Scraggy versus Throh was pretty terrible.
    Yes lol, at least Iron Tail is strong. Quick Attack us ****ing pathetic -_-.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Metapod vs. metapod, it's a classic.

The couple of battles where pokemon purposely underbattled to help another pokekmon (The Problem with Paras and that poochyena episode of season six) were pretty lame too.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) NEW!! 10/11 NEW!! 10/14
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: (Black2, White2); playing X
    On hold: (till 3rd gen remakes)
    To reclaim:

Powered up Pikachu VS Wattson

There was absolutely no need for this kind of Overkill. If Pikachu had actually done this under his own power people would have loved it, but no ...

I actually felt sorry for Wattson. He's my favorite Hoenn Gym Leader and he got destroyed by HAX.

Torkoal vs Steelix and Norman's Vigoroth. THE THING IS A FREAKING TANK YET IT GETS ONE HIT KOED AND PIKACHU/GROVYLE BECOMES A BETTER TANK AND SURVIVES XX AMOUNT OF HITS? Cheap.

Roxie's Gym was CRAP. Belittling Ash's powerful reserve IS NOT A WAY TO MAKE SOMEONE LOOK STRONG!

Koffing vs Boldore. HOW THE HELL CAN GYRO BALL DEAL POWERFUL DAMAGE TO BOLDORE WHEN KOFFING WAS A SPEED DEMON?!?!?!? The sheer fact it did not get poisoned to make it realistic was an insult to Boldore's mighty defenses. Seriously it could have grabbed Koffing and pulverize it with Rock Smash. SERIOUSLY? Damage it with Clear Smog? Boldore should have laughed at the damage. Even if Koffing had an evilote, its offenses would not harm a powerful Boldore.

Unfezant vs Koffing was really bad. The bird just got good in speed and endurance yet it falls very fast to a Koffing with lame offensive moves.

Paplitoad vs Garbodor was a cheap way to showcase Garbodor's cheap overpowered strength and belittle a Pokemon who barely appears in the anime.

Quote Originally Posted by An00bis View Post
    Powered up Pikachu VS Wattson

There was absolutely no need for this kind of Overkill. If Pikachu had actually done this under his own power people would have loved it, but no ...

I actually felt sorry for Wattson. He's my favorite Hoenn Gym Leader and he got destroyed by HAX.
    Agreed. Pikachu should have ONE Hit Koed by Manetric rather Torkoal.
    And if it was not for an overpowered Pikachu, Ash's team would not have stood a chance.
    Tailow and Corphish sure they have survived Pikachu's attacks but they would not stand up to Wattson's strategies.
    And Grass Treecko is weak to electricity in the anime. SIGH
    Last edited by Groundedshock; 2nd October 2012 at 2:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Yes lol, at least Iron Tail is strong. Quick Attack us ****ing pathetic -_-.
    games=/=anime.

Ash vs Tobias.

Most of his Pokemon got OHKO'd, they're stronger than that. Ash should have been the one doing the OHKO-ing to Tobias!

Quote Originally Posted by thedehydrator View Post
    Pretty much every battle in BW and BW2 so far except for Ash vs Clay. Also the ones where Pikachu wins by knocking out a rock or ground type with an electric attack.
    "Pikachu, aim for the horn!" LOL

My least favourite battle is Ash vs. Tobias. Ash losing is fine, but Tobias's legendary Pokemon just felt really cheap. Ash should've lost with a good, tense battle, and not against someone like Tobias... I don't think trainers in the anime should have legendaries.

"Lame" is such a suggestive term, I'm not entirely sure how to quantify it with examples.

If "Lame" were to mean "worst" then I could give some examples. But just straight up "lame" I couldn't think of any battles that were "lame" since "lame" has a different connotation to straight up "badly written" battles. "Lame" has more of an emotional tether than simply "badly written" battles. So I really can't think of anything that was simply "lame."

But let's go with the worst badly written battle ever.

In Unova- The honor goes to Ash vs Elesa, like Robert said the only saving grace of this battle was Palpitoad vs Zebstrika. There are so many idiotic badly written things about this episode, it was very intolerable to watch. Not only does Ash conveniently become out of character, just to overglorify Pikachu, is unacceptable. They really did address the whole "I use Pikachu too much" and then somehow because Ash chooses not to use Pikachu, he becomes completely idiotic and stupid, to drive in the fact that Ash should use Pikachu too "much" my god, what the hell writers. Do really think anyone with an average IQ is going to fall for that. Seriously only stupid people would ever fall for that. Thanks for trying to insult my intelligence why shoving Pikachu down my throat. It would've been so much better if Ash was going to use the Club Battle choices from the get go. None of this "OH GOD WHO DO I CHOOSE" B.S. that I had to watch. As much as I dislike the Roxie battle, it was leagues better than this B.S. battle.

Overall- Ash vs Ritchie in the Indigo League. It is quite clear to anyone who was paying attention that Ash was superior to Ritchie in every way. At least Ash's battle with Elesa actually looked like a battle, unlike this garbage, it was completely and utterly rushed, thanks Team Rocket, your B.S. interference was completely unnecessary. No one gave any commands to attack at least not from Ash (I guess to save time because of whole TR interference B.S.), it was completely rushed, Squirtle lost because of Butterfree's sleep powder, and Ash had to "resort" to using Charizard (because apparently it was his only viable Pokémon, thanks Team Rocket), and Charizard refused to battle, all of this just so Ash could lose.

If Ritchie was supposed to beat Ash, why did they have to write in such a way that if the battle was even remotely better written, Ash would have to win because he was superior to Ritchie. Why couldn't Ritchie just pull out a win, because Ritchie was slightly better in the one instance. Sure I know Ritchie was a horrible character, and Ash was superior in every single way possible, but did you "writers" have to reflect that opinion in the way the battle was written, because it was god awful, my least favorite battle, because at least every other "lame" "badly written" battle at least resembles a Pokémon battle. This resembled some horrible badly written free for all, and the trainers don't even exist.

The worst part is Ritchie wanted a good battle with Ash, it's sad that he was written to like the battle, because it was hardly a good battle.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Oshawott versus Darmanitan as well as what I said earlier.

He lost for.....no reason whatsoever? The battle itself wasn't very enjoyable either.

"pikachu, aim for the horn!"
    ...nuf said

Barry vs Paulina. Was Barry really THAT weak? I mean didn't Barry know his opponent due to being in love with them? You would think he would of known the power he was up against
    [IMG]http://i45.*******.com/343spx0.jpg[/IMG]

Brock VS May. It made me sad that May won. I think Brock deserved to win to be quite honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Angel~ View Post
    Brock VS May. It made me sad that May won. I think Brock deserved to win to be quite honest.
    Replace brock with harley in the infamous ice beam DEM contest and you've got one of mine.

I kinda agree here ^^; Yeah, I was expecting him to win and in my opinion I think he should of won ^^
    ...Also, the World's strongest Magikarp. Need I say more? :P
    MMing: Espurr, 90 eggs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    Good. You can never understand the mindset of a woman.

Ya Brock should of pwned May lol, he was doing awesome.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SapphireIris View Post
    ...Also, the World's strongest Magikarp. Need I say more? :P
    Oh god this. Piplup should have beaten it with ease.

Brock vs. May is laughably bad in outcome and in voice acting. haha. Well, I'm thankful Bill Rogers and Michele Knotz were stronger in BF as Brock and May than in DP. Still just atrocious though, in all honesty.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

Scraggy vs Throh was too painful to watch.

Pikachu vs Excadrill was one of the worst. Could they at least make Iris win with a strategy and a challenge? Paplitoad vs Excadrill would have been great to see and have Iris place some strategy into. They just gave it away to Iris without making her even earn it. Pairing a severe overused Pokemon with an average type advantage was a horrible way to end off the battle. Should have ended it off with "AIM FER DUH HOrn!" crap.

Brock vs May was pretty stupid. Another Give away win battle after some (Brock) places some much effort and strategy into the battle

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast