Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: The Lamest Battle EVER in the Animé

Misty vs Ash at the Whirl Cup. It was good until Psyduck came out. To much of a plot convience that Ash forgets Psyduck's headache crap when he countered it with Bulbasaur in his rookie days. Cheapens Misty's win.

Ash vs Nando. I am so glad Nando didn't win the GF after seeing this battle. The Coordinators of Sinnoh would have been a joke.

Ash vs Wattson. Forgettable Pikachu power battle.

Dawn vs Jessie at the GF. After Zoey vs Nando's amazing five star contest battle how do you feed us this? Ursula should have been in Jessie's slot or it should have been Kenny. This one contest battle really brings down the grade of the Sinnoh GF for me. I can't believe they wasted a top 4 contest battle with Jessie's lame Team Rocket Pokemon that get blasted off every episode. Jessie should have cheated to try and gain a advantage or something. She didn't even use Yanmega for crying out loud! Worst contest battle in the series. Sucks that one of Dawn's only two victories in the GF was against such a unworthy opponent. Way to show your regional girl is actually strong writers. Okay rant over

Ash vs Erika. I listed this one because Erika is my fave Kanto Gym Leader so it sucks that her battle was so lame. Really Charmander loses because Gloom stinks? Even as a kid I thought that logic was dumb. I wanted to see Erika use her Victreebel and the battle got interrupted by Team Rocket.

Ash vs Trip when they first meet. Enough said.

There's many more but these ones come to mind first for me.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

Ash vs Erika was horrible and it shows how Pidgeotto was once ignored. Charmander losing to Gloom was pathetic.......

Cilan's battle with Skyla. As if Pansage who had Dig and Rock Tomb losing was not bad enough, the almighty Crustle who did not take one hit from any of those weaklings attack ended up 1HKOed with STURDY by a single Brave Bird from Swanna. Stunfisk an indestructible special bulky tank getting 2HKOed by FLYING MOVES not getting hit by bubblebeam at all and Swanna healing itself with Aqua Ring. DAMN plot convenience for Skyla.

Oh and up to Unfezant's evolution, the battle with Ash vs Skyla was complete bs. Krokorok had a huge advantage over Swoobat but ended up 1HKOed by Air Cutter when none of his powerful attacks hit. Pikachu getting beating up a Pokemon with a type advantage and flying moves is was just sad to watch.
    Yeah..... I changed my signature....

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    True but May made sense to win. Brock barely battled although he was on the show longer.
    Would have been nice to see Brock win though and get his respected spotlight. As for the ribbon, he could have given it to her since he doesn't need it for anything.

-Metapod vs Metapod

-Pikachu vs Magikarp

-Jessie vs Serviper

-Chimcar vs Zangoose (I just didn't feel the whole zangoose storyline thing)
    If you're a DC comics fan, GTA or Saints Row fan, hit me up with a vm, I'm always looking to talk to new people for my favourite stuff!

[IMG]http://i43.*******.com/nmgcc9.png[/IMG]
    Credit goes to AvengingAngel for the banner.

Quote Originally Posted by I-am-the-peel View Post
    -Metapod vs Metapod

-Pikachu vs Magikarp

-Jessie vs Serviper

-Chimcar vs Zangoose (I just didn't feel the whole zangoose storyline thing)
    Lol Jessie pwning Seviper wax awesome!!
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

No mention of Charizard VS Casey makes me a little disappointed. Easily the lamest battle in the entire series.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Requiem
    Cross Country ftw.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquadon View Post
    No mention of Charizard VS Casey makes me a little disappointed. Easily the lamest battle in the entire series.
    Lol that battle was hilarious...Chikorita running around with her leaf on fire lmfao.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Lol that battle was hilarious...Chikorita running around with her leaf on fire lmfao.
    I have not seen that battle in years but I remember that. 8D One of the funniest battles in the series in my opinion. 8D
    MMing: Espurr, 90 eggs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    Good. You can never understand the mindset of a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Dax View Post
    Ash vs. Nando. Worst league battle ever.
    Lol because of TR candy selling?

Yeah the only decent matchup out of it was Heracross vs the cricket.

Quote Originally Posted by Airi-Chan View Post
    Cilan versus Trip in Don Battle. That made me cry.
    Actually nice battle, you're favourite character losing doesn't make a battle bad/lame.

Quote Originally Posted by SapphireIris View Post
    I have not seen that battle in years but I remember that. 8D One of the funniest battles in the series in my opinion. 8D
    We need more battles like that lol.

That was intended to be funny on purpose though.

This thread is for battles that were intended to be serious that either sucked or were done poorly.

I love that battle. I miss Charizard and Casey.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    Actually nice battle, you're favourite character losing doesn't make a battle bad/lame.
    Well the battle didn't exactly make sense. Dwebble took too much damage and should have lost.

Ummm, there were a lot of lame battles. But i'd pick the last battle against Sabrina back in Kanto. Haunter making it's opponent laugh and winning the match that way, now that's lame.
    AFTER STARTING OUT AS A POKÉMON TRAINER IN 1998, I FINALLY COMPLETED THE POKÉDEX ON NOVEMBER 16TH IN THE YEAR 2014
    Playtime in Pokémon Y: 513 hours and 50 minutes.
    Pokémon seen: 718
    Pokémon caught: 718

Future team for Omega Ruby: Sceptile, Blaziken, Swampert, Gorebyss, Dusclops, (event shiny) Metagross

"Trust me, any problem comes up, I'll stomp it into next week! I'll Bowserize it!"' —Bowser, Super Paper Mario

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234