Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Lamest Battle EVER in the Animé

Quote Originally Posted by Groundedshock View Post
    Scraggy vs Throh was too painful to watch.

Pikachu vs Excadrill was one of the worst. Could they at least make Iris win with a strategy and a challenge? Paplitoad vs Excadrill would have been great to see and have Iris place some strategy into. They just gave it away to Iris without making her even earn it. Pairing a severe overused Pokemon with an average type advantage was a horrible way to end off the battle. Should have ended it off with "AIM FER DUH HOrn!" crap.

Brock vs May was pretty stupid. Another Give away win battle after some (Brock) places some much effort and strategy into the battle
    You have got to be shitting me lol, Iris was ther smart on in that battle, Ash was a tard.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    You have got to be shitting me lol, Iris was ther smart on in that battle, Ash was a tard.
    I didn't notice it.

All I saw was Iris screaming USE DRILL RUN now METAL CLAW GO then NOW USE DIG!!!!!11

Quote Originally Posted by octopusG44 View Post
    I didn't notice it.

All I saw was Iris screaming USE DRILL RUN now METAL CLAW GO then NOW USE DIG!!!!!11
    And what the hell did Ash do exactly?? He does the same **** all the time. And besides he was stupid for using the rat in the first place.

And besides he was stupid for using the rat in the first place.
    Even if Ash should've known better, and maybe played it smarter.

Ash still sent out Pikachu prior to Iris choosing Excadrill.

Kind of hard to call someone stupid, when they sent out their Pokémon first.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    Even if Ash should've known better, and maybe played it smarter.

Ash still sent out Pikachu prior to Iris choosing Excadrill.

Kind of hard to call someone stupid, when they sent out their Pokémon first.
    Ya but it was kind of obvious who Iris was gonna use lol. I would assume you have to use each of your three pokemon at least once. He should of known that she would save her best for last.

He should of used the rat in the semi's and Palpitoad in the finals.

I would assume you have to use each of your three pokemon at least once.
    By that logic Luke should have sent out something else against Iris.

You have got to be shitting me lol, Iris was the smart on in that battle, Ash was a tard.
    Nope. No Strategy at all. Grabbing Pikachu by the tail was cheap and she did not even command it. Ash used a bit of strategy himself but they the writers had to send out Pikachu knowing well they nerfed its power against Excadrill.

It could have been Paplitoad vs Excadrill to make it interesting. Heck it would have made it seem even on both sides but nope a typical Lame Battle and a predictable Give away win to Iris with an anti-climatic end to the Don Club Battle.
    Yeah..... I changed my signature....

Ya but it was kind of obvious who Iris was gonna use lol.
    Hence why I said "Even if Ash should've known better, or played it smarter"

Quote Originally Posted by octopusG44 View Post
    By that logic Luke should have sent out something else against Iris.
    You do realize that it would only apply to the final rounds, as everyone who made in the finals is forced to use a Pokémon twice.

Odds are had Luke made it to the finals, he probably would've used Leavanny.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

It was baffling why ash had to use pikachu when he had a powerful palpitoad on his team. All it was was the writers giving iris a free win.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    It was baffling why ash had to use pikachu when he had a powerful palpitoad on his team. All it was was the writers giving iris a free win.
    All the girls have some sort of major victory or tie with Ash in the series.

Quote Originally Posted by Angel~ View Post
    Brock VS May. It made me sad that May won. I think Brock deserved to win to be quite honest.
    I think Brock should have won too. For his first and only contest, he really did a great job, and I wish he could have gone away with the end. The episode would have still ended the same with that girl, I'm sure.
    My Shinies:
    Currently hunting/MM'ing:

Quote Originally Posted by wobbanut View Post
    I think Brock should have won too. For his first and only contest, he really did a great job. The episode would have still ended the same with that girl, I'm sure.
    Aw thanks for agreeing. Making it to the finals for your first contest is really great tbh. I think Brock should have too won and then he would have given the ribbon to May, making it a pity ribbon for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Groundedshock View Post
    Nope. No Strategy at all. Grabbing Pikachu by the tail was cheap and she did not even command it. Ash used a bit of strategy himself but they the writers had to send out Pikachu knowing well they nerfed its power against Excadrill.

It could have been Paplitoad vs Excadrill to make it interesting. Heck it would have made it seem even on both sides but nope a typical Lame Battle and a predictable Give away win to Iris with an anti-climatic end to the Don Club Battle.
    Lol Iris saving him for last was the best strategy she could of used.

The only strategy Ash used was that one Iron Tail.

Here's just a few in no particular order:

Ash vs Blaine (Initial Match)- Yeah, yeah. "Pikachu, the horn!" But there's more. Ninetales takes down Squirtle with FIRE SPIN? Seriously? Oh, and Magmar's "immunity" to Pikachu's Electric-Type attacks. I never bought that for a second. Overall, a real let down of a match. And it's so ironic, because Ash's rematch with Blaine (Charizard vs Magmar) was easily one of Kanto's most epic and memorable duels.

Ash vs Claire- Not so much the battle itself, which was fine. I was just always annoyed that Ash had to resort to using Charizard and Snorlax for this one. Brock even mentioned that Ash didn't have faith in his Johto party to take care of things. The writers OPENLY acknowledged how much Ash's Johto team sucked on its initial journey yet did little to change it. Sigh.

Ash vs Wattson- Hax. Hax. Hax. Totally unnecessary. Nothing else needs to be said, other than it gets my vote for the absolute WORST Gym battle in the anime. Period.

Ash vs Brandon (Charizard vs Dusclops)- Again, been mentioned to death, but Ash must have suffered a recent blow to the head. No Fire-Type moves AND using Seismic Toss? Seriously? Totally forced loss to stack the odds against Ash and make Bulbasaur and Squirtle the stars.

Ash vs Candice (Gliscor vs Snover)- Pathetic. Why was Gliscor even used here? After its epic victory over Byron's Bastiodon, I was convinced it had overcome its status as Ash's "baby." I was wrong.

Ash vs Tobias (Torkoal vs Darkrai)- Torkoal's power is unbelievably bipolar. Manages to hold its own against Brandon's Registeel, and even bring that beast to its knees! Yet it can't dodge ONE Dark Pulse which it faints to. And it's a shame too, Torkoal was easily Ash's best bet for a Fire-Type against Tobias. Quilava had only recently increased in power, Infernape was probably just wiped out after facing Paul, and Charizard couldn't have made it in time. Completely forced loss.

Iris' Dragonite vs Georgia's Beartic and Dawn's Mamoswine- It must be nice having a Dragonite with an immunity to Ice-Type attacks.
    3DS Friend Code: 1435-3681-3604. Add me if you'd like, and send me a PM if you'd like to battle or trade. : )

Friend Safari Type: Electric. Contains Electrode, Electabuzz, and Luxio.

I think Brock should have won too. For his first and only contest, he really did a great job, and I wish he could have gone away with the end. The episode would have still ended the same with that girl, I'm sure.
    It's really odd how they teased us about Brock leaving at the end of AG so much...with different girls (even Solidad), and even made a filler about him being a Pokemon doctor before Ash's final match with Brandon. And then he stayed a WHOLE NEXT generation till he comes to the same conclusion.

Seriously, WTF, writers?

Satoshi vs Shigeru in the Johto League.

I expected to see a good battle between them... not... that.

True but May made sense to win. Brock barely battled although he was on the show longer.

My ideal battle ever!

Ash vs. Pryce and Ash vs. Volkner were quite disappointing. Both were hyped but ended up being mediocre at best.

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    True but May made sense to win. Brock barely battled although he was on the show longer.
    But he was a gym leader.<__<

Max vs that kid at the Trainer School.

Ash vs. Nando. Worst league battle ever.

Cilan versus Trip in Don Battle. That made me cry.
    98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
    Started by Crawdauntpro.

Trip is my baby, don't hurt or insult him!

BEST ANIME IN 2013 : DANGANRONPA THE ANIMATION.

Watching Pikachu, Bulbasaur and Vulpix get pwned by Lickitung was sad... lamer since they weren't defeated, just confused/parayzed? -_-

The chosen ones (for now)

Don't gym leaders always lose?

Yeab but if he was actually getting challengers and training then sure. If not, then not really.

My ideal battle ever!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast