Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: What changed the way you play?

I started playing with Silver but I never really payed attention to stats and natures till gen 4. Now I try to use moves that play to my pokemon's strengths and try to form diverse teams.
    My Favorite Pokemon
    Zangoose --- Moonlight_Tails --- November 22nd, 2013

One simple thing changed my Pokemon career forever.

Anyone wants to know what that simple thing is?

It is the fact that there is a shade of red on one stat and a shade of blue on one stat in Heart Gold/Soul Silver. At first I was like, hmm wtf is that? Then I went up to Serebii, and I realised it describes nature. Blue for minus and Red for plus. Then I got into Nature building my team. Before that, I still had quite a solid team, but I focused more on covering weaknesses. So then I learned about STAB and a good moveset, as well as learning how to breed egg moves. I couldn't get the hold of EV training, as I am lazy, but w/e

Thank you HGSS, for changing how I played.

Also, my brother got a Modest Torterra in Platinum, he couldn't notice it all the way until BW :/

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

Quote Originally Posted by Astrint View Post
    such as what?
    Like your oppnent rage-quitting when you're winning, and you can't get your earned win.

Number of Genwunners = 100
    Number of people accused of being a Genwunner = 100 000 000 000 000 000
    Number of people complaning about Genwunners = 100 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000

Quote Originally Posted by OceanicLanturn View Post
    One simple thing changed my Pokemon career forever.

Anyone wants to know what that simple thing is?

It is the fact that there is a shade of red on one stat and a shade of blue on one stat in Heart Gold/Soul Silver. At first I was like, hmm wtf is that? Then I went up to Serebii, and I realised it describes nature. Blue for minus and Red for plus. Then I got into Nature building my team. Before that, I still had quite a solid team, but I focused more on covering weaknesses. So then I learned about STAB and a good moveset, as well as learning how to breed egg moves. I couldn't get the hold of EV training, as I am lazy, but w/e

Thank you HGSS, for changing how I played.

Also, my brother got a Modest Torterra in Platinum, he couldn't notice it all the way until BW :/
    At first I thought EV training was just some over-technical mechanic thingy. But after a little reading I found that it's actually pretty simple. Not as complex as I thought. It can make a considerable difference is certain stats (:

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234