Thread: Out of all the generations, which Pokemon League is your favorite?

Post Out of all the generations, which Pokemon League is your favorite?

As I look at all the pokemon games I can't help but notice how diverse and challenging the Pokemon league was in every generation.

Personally, I can't help but give in to nostalgia and say that my favorite League was from the first generation. But I also really like the ones that followed, they were all good in their own way. But honestly, I'm sure nobody can forget beating Lance, only to find out that your rival was the champ(wish I could see the look on my face back then lol)

What do you guys think? Which League was your favorite, and why?

I think the 2nd Generation and 3rd Generation ones were my favorite :3 I like the whole setup and trainers in those Leagues
    My Pokemon White FC: 4728-4965-2910
    My Pokemon White 2 FC: 4513-8303-2953

My favourite league was definitely the firered and leafgreen league.

I struggled all the way, fighting the elite four, failing time and time again. But it was so great beating Lance.

Then I found out my rival was champion. I literally was thinking 'This is for beating me back in Lavender Town.'

My second was Sinnoh. It was the same reason. I pushed aside the Elite 4 (except for the ground and her quagsire who kept stalling me with protect) and face off against cynthia. She beat me. After several attempts, my friend helped me complete the pokedex, allowing me to bring in my best pokemon from Fire red.
    Charizard

Enought Said

The Sinnoh League. It was the easiest for me. And the Hoenn League. Nostalgia.

tumblr
    - i've claimed zelos wilder, xerneas, and tales of the abyss
    Omega Ruby team:

I agree, the trainers in the Hoenn were pretty awesome . Especially Drake and his dragons. The Sinnoh League was nice too, I like how they added both Bug and Fire type trainers
    Last edited by SolidWolverine; 29th September 2012 at 6:40 PM.

Gen I and III are my favourites.

X FC: Cutty 2449 6004 1037

Wee... Poison slide at my gym...

Pokegyms Fairy Leader

Credit to Astral Shadow for the userbar and Kida-Ookami for the badge.

Gen 3 and 5 had my favorite leagues. :3
    MMing: Espurr, 90 eggs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    Good. You can never understand the mindset of a woman.

The hardest and most memorable for me is Kanto's... There are huge level gaps that made it too hard...
    Hoenn was cool, the only think i dislike about that is that Phoebe and Glacia had two bannette/dusclops/sealeo/glalie... I would expect more variety in an E4 team.
    Finally Unova, is the one i enjoy the most beating, specially the rematches.
    http://trainerproblems.tumblr.com/

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆Friend Code: 4356 1590 7493 ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Gen I and II have my favorite leagues.
    The Graceful Assassin

Credit to FairyWitch

Gen I and II. Maybe because I was such a bad trainer back then and it felt more like an accomplishment to beat the Elite Four, and I have fond memories of battling Bruno, Lorelei, Karen, etc. Instead, I swept through the Elite Four of Hoenn, Sinnoh and Unova, so I don't have any interesting memory about fighting the likes of Glacia, Bertha or Grimsley. I still like the Champions of every generation so far, and those battles are always cool and memorable, even when they're not hard.

The Gen 3 fr/lg elite four. Why the gen 3 ones? Simple. Fire red was my first game, and the added fact that the gen 3 moves and AI (atleast to me) were way better than gen 1's.

I still have troubles with Loreli to this day, whenever I play fire red...
    Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    And Sakurai's freedom has ended. Time for him to come back and be our slave to release extremely vague snapshots every five days a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Symphony View Post
    "Stare into my eyes and be hypnotized by my cuteness!"

Quote Originally Posted by TheRibbonedCubchoo View Post
    The Gen 3 fr/lg elite four. Why the gen 3 ones? Simple. Fire red was my first game, and the added fact that the gen 3 moves and AI (atleast to me) were way better than gen 1's.

I still have troubles with Loreli to this day, whenever I play fire red...
    I know what you mean, that Lapras can be really annoying lol

Unova and Johto.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124
    Friend Safari: Steel-type

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

Johto and Sinnoh

Johto has wonderful music.

Sinnoh has Cynthia. 'Nuff said.

Hoenn, then Unova shortly behind that. Hoenn, because, like others have said, I struggled so much through it, and beating Steven felt like such an accomplishment, since I lost so many times, including against the Elite 4 themselves. Without the factor of nostalgia, Unova is my favorite, mainy because of the music, so it actually felt like fighting an elite trainer, and their teams felt more diverse and fitting to the trainers themselves. They're a fun bunch to fight.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Regirock

The Hoenn E4 if my favourite one. Even though their Pokemon could have been changed, the characters are the coolest E4 characters, imo.

I think Gen II in terms of difficulty. Since the levels of wild pokemon were woefully low in comparison to Gen I (for example, when you were around the 7th Gym in RBY the wild pokemon were at level 40. Around the 7th Gym in GSC the wild pokemon were 25ish at best). I felt like I'd accomplished something when I beat the E4 in Silver, and I always liked the continuity of a previous Gym Leader becoming an Elite Four member in Koga.

The Unova League. I like how they've started making the Pokemon League more stylized, and I thought the new layout was rather refreshing after four generations of long corridors.

Kanto because it it has two of my all time favorite characters, Lorelei and Agatha.

Hoenn.Defeating a Dragon master and a Steel type champion was so good.And Juan set rain for my Manectric use thunder.

You guys make a lot of good points.

I would say that the Sinnoh League is a solid number 2 for me. Bug/Ground/Fire/Psychic and then Cynthia to top it all off. I also think Cynthia had one of the best battle themes ever, imo. When her theme starts playing you just get the feeling that your gonna get your butt kicked lol

The Kanto League and the Hoenn League. Both were difficult for me. Silly Gary and that Steven were the difficult champions <.> the typing of the Elite Four was pretty interesting too XP
    3DS: 1779-0094-0137

Credit to Sworn Metalhead

My favorite Pokemon League was the Johto League. I enjoyed that one the most.

I like the Hoenn, Sinnoh and Unova ones, because they were more well developed than the one in Generation I and II.

Hoenn league had some awesome trainers like Drake, Phoebe and Steven...
    But the GL are not that interesting to me, besides Roxanne and Juan.

Sinnoh league had various interesting trainers like Flint, Lucian and Cynthia... And Aaron, I am not fond of the character, but he is a master of my favorite type. <3
    I love almost all of the Gym Leaders... Roark, Gardenia, Fantina, Maylene and Candice... Except for Volkner, he is too much arrogant for my tastes...

Unova had the best league, specially the Elite Four, I just love everything about them...
    Plus, both Alder and Iris are awesome champions. The Gym Leaders are also cool, specially Burgh, Marlon, Roxie, Clay and Lenora.

tl;dr: Unova > Sinnoh > Hoenn > Kanto > Johto.

Indigo Plateau.