Results 1 to 24 of 24

Thread: Worst pokemon episode? Pokemon-I choose you is great, but this is for BAD episodes.

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Probably not on SPPF.
    Posts
    410

    Default Worst pokemon episode? Pokemon-I choose you is great, but this is for BAD episodes.

    Out of every pokemon episode, which ones are the lamest you ever saw?

    I personally hate Mean Green Team Rocket Machine or whatever the hell it was called.
    Last edited by WhyHelloThere; 29th September 2012 at 10:53 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    IN YO FACE
    Posts
    4,108

    Default

    The episode where Ash caught Krokorok with all those little kids involved. Worst capture episode I've ever seen.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Drangleic
    Posts
    8,811

    Default

    I don't have one in particular so I'll just give the basic format.

    Ash and co meets random COTD
    TR schemes in the background
    COTD has a problem
    Ash and co trys to help
    TR steps in, steals pikachu, then gets blasted off
    COTD's problem is resolved usually through the TR fight
    Ash and co leaves

    total filler.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    4,640

    Default

    The Light Fantastic

    Behold! An episode where Ash and Friends do absolutely nothing but bear witness the Character of the Day solving their own problem. Ash didn't even fight Team Rocket in this episode. The Character of the Day did. If anything Ash's prescience here hindered the Character of the Day because him having to save Pikachu from Team Rocket cost him time he could've been using sketching the phenomena he waited 36 years for. So thank you, Heroes, for ruining what will probably be this old man's last chance to see the ritual.

    This wasn't the only time this happened in the depths of Johto.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2,712

    Default

    Well, since we're saying worst episode, I automatically rule out any of the episodes in the 4Kids dub since the voices alone were never painful to listen to.

    Now, if I had to choose one, it would be:

    Memories are Made of Bliss! (DP191)


    Seriously, not only did Ash and Brock's voice actors Sarah and Bill do a MISERABLE job emoting and saying goodbye to Dawn, but they ruined everything about Ash and Brock's goodbye. I'm left speechless and well since the entire dub has been spiraling downward since TPCi picked up the dub, I can't really say much else.
    My Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW001-BW115)/Average > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW116-BW142)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY001-Present)/Terrible > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP001-DP191)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. TCG: Wizards of the Coast > PUSA > TPCi
    7. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    5,957

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dwail8023 View Post
    Well, since we're saying worst episode, I automatically rule out any of the episodes in the 4Kids dub since the voices alone were never painful to listen to.

    Now, if I had to choose one, it would be:

    Memories are Made of Bliss! (DP191)



    Seriously, not only did Ash and Brock's voice actors Sarah and Bill do a MISERABLE job emoting and saying goodbye to Dawn, but they ruined everything about Ash and Brock's goodbye. I'm left speechless and well since the entire dub has been spiraling downward since TPCi picked up the dub, I can't really say much else.
    Wow. I completely disagree with this. "Memories are Made of Bliss" was one of the better DP episodes.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2,712

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    Wow. I completely disagree with this. "Memories are Made of Bliss" was one of the better DP episodes.
    The dub voices just killed all the emotion for me. It's really that simple for me.

    In JPN, I still disliked it because they rushed Brock out and gave him circa 40 seconds tops.
    My Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW001-BW115)/Average > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW116-BW142)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY001-Present)/Terrible > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP001-DP191)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. TCG: Wizards of the Coast > PUSA > TPCi
    7. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Online or offline.
    Posts
    768

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dwail8023 View Post
    Well, since we're saying worst episode, I automatically rule out any of the episodes in the 4Kids dub since the voices alone were never painful to listen to.



    Seriously, not only did Ash and Brock's voice actors Sarah and Bill do a MISERABLE job emoting and saying goodbye to Dawn, but they ruined everything about Ash and Brock's goodbye. I'm left speechless and well since the entire dub has been spiraling downward since TPCi picked up the dub, I can't really say much else.
    I find the voices from around season 10+ to be pretty good but they are really crappy in season 9.
    I rather the new voices then some of the 4Kids ones.
    I think they gave him a good send up the episode before.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Joliet, IL
    Posts
    1,744

    Default

    My two least favorite episodes are A Farfetch'd Plan (season 3) and Same Old Song and Dance (season 5). I hate AF'dP because James starves the entire episode, and SOSAD has the most horrible music I've ever heard. -_- The episode would be a complete waste if not for Team Rocket's song motto. I mean, seriously, I'd rather watch any other singing moments in the episode (besides Jigglypuff's) on mute. And having an audience full of horny guys singing to kindergarten-age songs sung by an underage girl singer is just plain creepy.
    My Shinies:
    Currently hunting/MM'ing:

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    289

    Default

    1. The episode with the characters wearing wigs to avoid being attacked by Boufalant.

    2. Bonding capture episodes. Why can't the characters just weaken the pokemon with a battle and throw a pokeball (Charmander and Chimchar are exceptions)?

    I don't have one in particular so I'll just give the basic format.

    Ash and co meets random COTD
    TR schemes in the background
    COTD has a problem
    Ash and co trys to help
    TR steps in, steals pikachu, then gets blasted off
    COTD's problem is resolved usually through the TR fight
    Ash and co leaves

    total filler.
    3. this



  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    4,640

    Default

    Why can't the characters just weaken the pokemon with a battle and throw a pokeball?
    Because marketing is the game!

    ... but really he does try to do this. Usually it ends horribly against his favor.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    In a cardboard box
    Posts
    5,079

    Default

    That episode about Sunflora in season 3. I skipped that episode after like 3 mns cuz it was so boring already

    The chosen ones (for now)

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    my house
    Posts
    6,169

    Default

    Like it or Lup it!...omg I almost couldn't sit through this one. ~.~
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    519

    Default

    Many uninteresting Johto/Sinnoh fillers ...

  15. #15

    Default

    The episode where Ash battled Elesa.
        Spoiler:- Favourite Pokemon:

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    In a cardboard box
    Posts
    5,079

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 00poke_maniac View Post
    Like it or Lup it!...omg I almost couldn't sit through this one. ~.~
    Same I remember watching it and I remember I considered stop watching the anime :P But I didn't, I'm not strong enough to do that :P

    The chosen ones (for now)

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Drangleic
    Posts
    8,811

    Default

    Battle frontier had some truly horrendous fillers but also some good battles.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    socal
    Posts
    2,285

    Default

    To me, the worst episodes are the ones that are super easy to forget. xD

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    my house
    Posts
    6,169

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yuppirox View Post
    To me, the worst episodes are the ones that are super easy to forget. xD
    XD

    Aw man...I hated that episode....whatever it was about.
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Probably not on SPPF.
    Posts
    410

    Default

    I hated the one where Cilan challenged Skyla.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2,712

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FlutterDash View Post
    I find the voices from around season 10+ to be pretty good but they are really crappy in season 9.
    I rather the new voices then some of the 4Kids ones.
    I think they gave him a good send up the episode before.
    I'm all for the 4Kids dub voices return but the likelihood of it is almost nonexistent. Gotta be honest and say I haven't found a single TPCi dub voice I prefer to the original voice actor. Especially (especially) in the case of Ash (DP), Brock (DP), May (BF/DP), Max (BF), and Meowth (BW). I will always prefer those voices in the 4Kids dub. James...I probably prefer Eric (95%). Jessie's a tossup, and even then I have to go with Lillis.
    My Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW001-BW115)/Average > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW116-BW142)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY001-Present)/Terrible > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP001-DP191)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. TCG: Wizards of the Coast > PUSA > TPCi
    7. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Forest
    Posts
    1,162

    Default

    I think the episode is called "Get The Show On The Road" I didn't like it.... it made me have feelings of sadness & boredom because of what I was seeing and It was just a rehash in general that I honestly didn't need to see.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    333

    Default

    Many of the episodes with Ash and co. helping every passerby with their problems bored me to tears, I'm glad those have been significantly cut down in Gen V.

    But the one episode that stands out in my mind was "Dealing With a Fierce Double Ditto Drama" because of its complete ruination of the character of Brock for me. I don't remember all the details, but here we have a young trainer that's just a little misguided and Brock completely chews her out, screaming at her because she doesn't have the same idea of a pokemon battle that he does. Wasn't the whole message of DP that you have to accept different ideas and philosophies even if they clash with your own? And Brock receives no reprimand for being a total jerk to the girl. Brock was growing more and more preachy as the series ran on and that was the straw that broke the camel's back for me, where I was completely fed up with him as a character.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2,712

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Angel~ View Post
    I think the episode is called "Get The Show On The Road" I didn't like it.... it made me have feelings of sadness & boredom because of what I was seeing and It was just a rehash in general that I honestly didn't need to see.
    Huh...I liked that episode. To each their own, though. Back when the dub was enjoyable for me! XD.
    One of my worst episodes other than DP191 has to be "Home is Where the Start Is!" TPCi did a miserable job dubbing it and May & Max's goodbye was made into a complete joke. Kayzie was awful, Sarah was awful...everyone was terrible there IMO. Actually, despite the fact I like AG, AG192 is probably my worst episode in the dub. Barring the dubbing, for me a lot of Sinnoh filler episodes tie for worst IMO.

    Quote Originally Posted by RVD_fan View Post
    Many of the episodes with Ash and co. helping every passerby with their problems bored me to tears, I'm glad those have been significantly cut down in Gen V.

    But the one episode that stands out in my mind was "Dealing With a Fierce Double Ditto Drama" because of its complete ruination of the character of Brock for me. I don't remember all the details, but here we have a young trainer that's just a little misguided and Brock completely chews her out, screaming at her because she doesn't have the same idea of a pokemon battle that he does. Wasn't the whole message of DP that you have to accept different ideas and philosophies even if they clash with your own? And Brock receives no reprimand for being a total jerk to the girl. Brock was growing more and more preachy as the series ran on and that was the straw that broke the camel's back for me, where I was completely fed up with him as a character.
    Is that the one with the girl who said she based her hairdo off Flint but then at the end of the episode she didn't or something like that? And Sarah used the "noob" comment in? (Wow, that feels wrong coming out of Ash but the series has changed drastically since the switch so...). I have to say Sinnoh had QUITE a lot of fillers just like Johto, only I found the Sinnoh eps really boring and never-ending as opposed to the Johto fillers...
    Last edited by PokemonNation2000; 15th October 2012 at 9:39 AM.
    My Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW001-BW115)/Average > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW116-BW142)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY001-Present)/Terrible > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP001-DP191)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. TCG: Wizards of the Coast > PUSA > TPCi
    7. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •