Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 51 to 69 of 69

Thread: Community POTW #92 - Special

  1. #51
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Kicking some grass
    Posts
    338

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sbktdreed View Post
    Prisim Berry
    Do we have one of these?

    I would suggest lum berry to suprise darkrai and other status pokemon by insta-healing. Could be other option

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    536

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by philzone View Post
    Do we have one of these?

    I would suggest lum berry to suprise darkrai and other status pokemon by insta-healing. Could be other option
    We have all beries now .
    Lum berry is always better.


    Quote Originally Posted by Professor Oak
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and the amount of zubat in caves, and I'm not sure about the former.
    Shortcut to damage calculator

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    72

    Default

    One thing to note with these pokemon forms, they maintain the Dragon/Ice Typeing. As Such, some good counters for Black Kyurem are Lucario/Aura Sphere, Any Spicial Fire/Dragon Moves, and Ninetails trained in Spical attack can and will 1 Hit KO.
    Likewise, White Kyurem's weakness is any Fire/Fighting/Rock/ and Steel type Physical attack, which can be done by EVERY Fighting type that can learn Close Combat, or a Metagross's Meteor Mash.

    Friend Code: Listed in code spoiler!
    Pokémon Safari Type: Dark
    Pokémon in Safari: Liepard, Nuzleaf, Crawdaunt (Spiecal thanks to mwrspeedy29 and Shao-May)
        Spoiler:- Code Section:


  4. #54
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ilan View Post
    Kyurem-W have chansey and blissey.
    252 SpAtk Choice Specs Kyurem-W (+SpAtk) Draco Meteor vs 252 HP/252 SpDef Eviolite Chansey (+SpDef) : 30.4% - 35.94% (3-4 hits to KO)
    Both are 2HKO'd by Focus Blast after Stealth Rock and at least 2 layers of Spikes, and it will become even harder for them to stay alive if they switch into Focus Blast.
    DW Pokemon I can offer:

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    536

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by firerank9 View Post
    One thing to note with these pokemon forms, they maintain the Dragon/Ice Typeing. As Such, some good counters for Black Kyurem are Lucario/Aura Sphere, Any Spicial Fire/Dragon Moves, and Ninetails trained in Spical attack can and will 1 Hit KO.
    Likewise, White Kyurem's weakness is any Fire/Fighting/Rock/ and Steel type Physical attack, which can be done by EVERY Fighting type that can learn Close Combat, or a Metagross's Meteor Mash.
    You really underestimate them if you think those are counters lucario can't switch to any attack he is too frail and he is also slower than kyurem they are not weak to fire only neutral, they have some bulk to survive some weak CC..
    ninetales can't switch to Outrage and draco meteor.
    those might be checks counters are those who can switch..


    too bad chansey isn't a counter. so I can't think of any counter at all to Kyurem-W


    Quote Originally Posted by Professor Oak
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and the amount of zubat in caves, and I'm not sure about the former.
    Shortcut to damage calculator

  6. #56
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    193

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by philzone View Post
    Do we have one of these?

    I would suggest lum berry to suprise darkrai and other status pokemon by insta-healing. Could be other option
    The biggest reason I chose Persim over Lum, because there's less of a chance to mess up the Outrage fix-up unless confusion occurs before safeguarding Kyurem. With the Lum Berry, there are other status conditions that can come into play you can use to use up the Lum Berry as well like Poison, Burn, Sleep, or Paralysis. It's a big problem when Kyurem damages itself because of confusion.
    Last edited by sbktdreed; 7th October 2012 at 4:07 AM. Reason: From a recent reply.
    Got Pokémon X. Intend to get either Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire.
    No info about my Friend Safari.
    Vivillon Pattern: Polar
    Looking for nicknamed, shiny, and/or have a hidden ability in GTS and may battle at anytime.
    If interested, send a private message with your ID #.

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Kicking some grass
    Posts
    338

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sbktdreed View Post
    The biggest reason I chose Prisim over Lum, because there's less of a chance to mess up the Outrage fix-up unless confusion occurs before safeguarding Kyurem. With the Lum Berry, there are other status conditions that can come into play you can use to use up the Lum Berry as well like Poison, Burn, Sleep, or Paralysis. It's a big problem when Kyurem damages itself because of confusion.
    Prisim berry doesn't exist. It is a PERSIM berry. Also, burn would be nice to get rid of, as the att loss is bad for it. And paralysis cripples it as it won't be able to confront stuff like rayquaza and palkia

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    536

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sbktdreed View Post
    The biggest reason I chose Prisim over Lum, because there's less of a chance to mess up the Outrage fix-up unless confusion occurs before safeguarding Kyurem. With the Lum Berry, there are other status conditions that can come into play you can use to use up the Lum Berry as well like Poison, Burn, Sleep, or Paralysis. It's a big problem when Kyurem damages itself because of confusion.
    Oh it was you who suggested it NVM..
    But I will explain it anyway:
    Lum berry is better since all status screw kyurem-B anyway and what's wrong with curing that annoying burn or toxic or whatever statuses are always annoying..
    It also let him to check darkai. (and that random sableye)


    Quote Originally Posted by Professor Oak
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and the amount of zubat in caves, and I'm not sure about the former.
    Shortcut to damage calculator

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Kicking some grass
    Posts
    338

    Default

    Partners.
    You will need a rapid spinner to take care of entry hazards. Go for hitmontop or forretress. (I use Forretress mainly).

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2,151

    Default

    Due to my computer exploding Serebii will be writing the POTW tonight!

  11. #61
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Smash Run
    Posts
    6,705

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Harvest View Post
    Due to my computer exploding Serebii will be writing the POTW tonight!
    Sorry to hear that :'( hopefully it gets fixed! When was the last time Serebii wrote the POTW?


  12. #62
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    In a brush chilling with Garen
    Posts
    189

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Duranteater View Post
    Sorry to hear that :'( hopefully it gets fixed! When was the last time Serebii wrote the POTW?
    Yeah know, I really don't know lol
    ayd22: what's it like to use broken items to make up for lackluster skills
    ayd22: yeah your playing great right not
    ayd22: rethink your strategy
    Togoro: get styled upon
    The Pokemon Showdown Little Cup Ladder

    I do nothing anymore. Oops
    PASBL

  13. #63
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Bournemouth, England
    Posts
    15,939

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Duranteater View Post
    Sorry to hear that :'( hopefully it gets fixed! When was the last time Serebii wrote the POTW?
    Before Blue Harvest started, Reno was frequently not doing it so I had to step in. You probably didn't notice.

    I just worry I'll screw up on these because they're pretty badass Pokémon

  14. #64

    Default

    you won't srew up. kehehhehhehheh
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

  15. #65
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    183

    Default

    You know what would be awesome? Referencing DBZ and naming one set "Fu...sion...HAA!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Harvest View Post
    Using UU/RU Pokemon in ways that doesn't actually take advantage of some REAL niche in OU is like letting a horse poop on your chest; then when people ask why you let it do that you defend yourself by saying "well now I have all this horse poop", ignoring everyone who tries to reason with you that this isn't really a good thing either.
    Quote Originally Posted by jesusfreak94 View Post
    Best. Analogy. Ever.

  16. #66
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    193

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ilan View Post
    Oh it was you who suggested it NVM..
    But I will explain it anyway:
    Lum berry is better since all status screw kyurem-B anyway and what's wrong with curing that annoying burn or toxic or whatever statuses are always annoying..
    It also let him to check darkai. (and that random sableye)
    There's nothing wrong with curing burns and poison overall.

    Quote Originally Posted by philzone View Post
    Prisim berry doesn't exist. It is a PERSIM berry. Also, burn would be nice to get rid of, as the att loss is bad for it. And paralysis cripples it as it won't be able to confront stuff like rayquaza and palkia
    My mistake. I'll make the changes.
    Last edited by sbktdreed; 7th October 2012 at 4:08 AM.
    Got Pokémon X. Intend to get either Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire.
    No info about my Friend Safari.
    Vivillon Pattern: Polar
    Looking for nicknamed, shiny, and/or have a hidden ability in GTS and may battle at anytime.
    If interested, send a private message with your ID #.

  17. #67
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    52

    Default

    comparing kyurem-b and kyurem-w is like comparing reshiram and zekrom

    which is better: reshiram or kyurem-w?
    zekrom or kyurem-b?

    oh also kyurem-b can also go mixed with ice beam/blizzard and focus blast since it still has a nice 120 sp. atk.
    needs a bol d tentacool withits dream world ability and untouched and with the egg move rapid spin

  18. #68
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Kicking some grass
    Posts
    338

    Default

    Good luck serebii for writing up.

  19. #69
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    536

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maciscool View Post
    comparing kyurem-b and kyurem-w is like comparing reshiram and zekrom

    which is better: reshiram or kyurem-w?
    zekrom or kyurem-b?

    oh also kyurem-b can also go mixed with ice beam/blizzard and focus blast since it still has a nice 120 sp. atk.
    Why? Kyurem-W is better cause it have better movepool and special move fire and dragon (and pseudo mold breaker) is an unresisted combo while electric and dragon is resisted by few (Steel/Ground and Ssteel/Grass)


    Quote Originally Posted by Professor Oak
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and the amount of zubat in caves, and I'm not sure about the former.
    Shortcut to damage calculator

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •