Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223 LastLast

Thread: The "Bad Habits" thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir DJ View Post
    I've been procrastinating pretty bad. I tend to do that when I have other things on my mind
    Procrastinating? During winter break? o:

You don't have a winter break where you live, or you have intersession homework or something? D:

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

Im on break and its great
    Michigan's #1 Pokemon group

Play too much video games x.x it gets in the way of studies but keeps me even, seems like a worthy trade eh?
    Epic trades for you!

FC:
    Black 2: 4857 4837 4412

Offering:
    DWF:

Looking for:

Please if you want any of these and more just PM me!

All of the above are only available in black/white 2... I'm waiting for the pokemon transporter :P

In Pokemon x/y
    FC: 3754-6299-8594

Offering: Chespin, Fennekin, Squirtle, protean froakie
    Vivillions: elegant, modern
    Things I'm looking for: Mega pinsir's stone, mewtwo x's stone, mega tyranitars stone, mega manectric's stone

Of course, now that it's winter break and I don't have school to worry about for practically three weeks, I'm going to develop a bad habit of sleeping late and waking up late again. D:

Quote Originally Posted by Lolsgod View Post
    Play too much video games x.x it gets in the way of studies but keeps me even, seems like a worthy trade eh?
    It has it's up and downs. I do the same thing though xD

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    Of course, now that it's winter break and I don't have school to worry about for practically three weeks, I'm going to develop a bad habit of sleeping late and waking up late again. D:
    Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh tell me about it D:

Quote Originally Posted by MagnezoneWorld View Post
    Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh tell me about it D:
    What I'm trying to do is to just force myself to wake up earlier and sleep earlier.

Of course, it's not really working... D:

I think the worst habit I have is when I do something wrong, or something just goes wrong, I just instantly say "****", whether I mean to or not, regardless who is with me at that moment.

Don't hate on the King, or the world hates on you.

Quote Originally Posted by JustCallMeKing View Post
    I think the worst habit I have is when I do something wrong, or something just goes wrong, I just instantly say "****", whether I mean to or not, regardless who is with me at that moment.
    At least you don't get scolded for inappropriate language, right? o:

Well, actually, you should start getting scolded. It would discourage you from continuing such a habit.

At least you don't get scolded for inappropriate language, right? o:

Well, actually, you should start getting scolded. It would discourage you from continuing such a habit.
    Though I will admit it is a bad habit, swearing honestly really isn't a bad thing. Society makes swearing seems bad (well.. in some/most parts they encourage it or don't care), when really, they're just words that people thought that would be to mean or extreme for children to use, which is why it got its own category in words.

Don't hate on the King, or the world hates on you.

Quote Originally Posted by JustCallMeKing View Post
    Though I will admit it is a bad habit, swearing honestly really isn't a bad thing. Society makes swearing seems bad (well.. in some/most parts they encourage it or don't care), when really, they're just words that people thought that would be to mean or extreme for children to use, which is why it got its own category in words.
    Well, regardless of whether or not swearing is "bad", there will be people who don't like hearing those words. :P

Well, regardless of whether or not swearing is "bad", there will be people who don't like hearing those words. :P
    I never take precaution of that LOL

Quote Originally Posted by MagnezoneWorld View Post
    I never take precaution of that LOL
    If I were one of the people who actually cared, I would tell you that you should start taking caution of that. (:

I twist my head to make my neck make a snapping sound, it makes it feel better.....

Quote Originally Posted by VS View Post
    I twist my head to make my neck make a snapping sound, it makes it feel better.....
    I wouldn't say that's as much of a bad habit as it is something to make you release pressure in the neck and make you more comfortable. o:

I wouldn't say that's as much of a bad habit as it is something to make you release pressure in the neck and make you more comfortable. o:
    Yes yes ^ ^______^

I leave the faucet on when I brush my teeth. I bet right now some thirsty kid living in a desert somewhere just wants to strangle me for that

I've had the ol' nail-biting habit since I first had nails to bite.
    Sometimes I wonder if that habit is genetic, my mother's always done it too...but I've stopped for quite some time now and I have healthy, non-jagged nails now. I still keep 'em pretty short for convenience's sake, no longer stubby though! :D

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    I leave the faucet on when I brush my teeth. I bet right now some thirsty kid living in a desert somewhere just wants to strangle me for that
    I usually remember to leave the faucet off when I'm brushing. If I do accidentally leave it on for some reason, though, I don't punish myself.

I don't know, punishing yourself for these kinds of things doesn't seem right to me.

I'm a moderate smoker, so I suppose that could be considered a "bad habit", but when I don't smoke, I have another bad habit---I am a trichliophagiac (not sure if I'm spelling that correctly). It means that I pull out my hair and eat it (namely, I pull out my eyelashes and eat them). When I smoke, I don't do that. Eating your hair can result in beezors, which are wads of hair that get caught in your digestive tract and cause a lot of problems...I'd rather smoke. That way, not only do I have eyelashes, but I don't get beezors.
    I will be on here very, very rarely. The account is not dead, per se, but I will not be on often. This has become a den of hatred, hostility, and anger. It is not the SPPF it was when I joined, and I really dislike coming here. To those of you who were nice to me and were my friend, thank you. Goodbye.
    3DS FC: 1950 7837 2016
    Name: Nicole
    Electric Friend Safari. Pokemon: Dedenne, Pikachu, Manectric
    Before you try to act superior to someone else on here, remember that no matter how much of an "internet cool-guy" you think you are, this is a Pokemon forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmeh View Post
    I'm a moderate smoker, so I suppose that could be considered a "bad habit", but when I don't smoke, I have another bad habit---I am a trichliophagiac (not sure if I'm spelling that correctly). It means that I pull out my hair and eat it (namely, I pull out my eyelashes and eat them). When I smoke, I don't do that. Eating your hair can result in beezors, which are wads of hair that get caught in your digestive tract and cause a lot of problems...I'd rather smoke. That way, not only do I have eyelashes, but I don't get beezors.
    Erm... since trichotillophagia is what you resort to when you're not smoking, I'd try to stop hair-pulling. Since there's no real remedy for that, unfortunately, the best thing you should do is to quit your trichotillophagia through sheer determination and willpower. Then I'd quit smoking after that.

Of course, all this is easier said than done, but that's what I would start doing. (:

Problem is, I never really notice that I'm eating my hair--someone always points it out to me, or I go to the mirror and see that I have no eyelashes. Plus, smoking has helped with another...problem I'd rather not talk about.
    I will be on here very, very rarely. The account is not dead, per se, but I will not be on often. This has become a den of hatred, hostility, and anger. It is not the SPPF it was when I joined, and I really dislike coming here. To those of you who were nice to me and were my friend, thank you. Goodbye.
    Before you try to act superior to someone else on here, remember that no matter how much of an "internet cool-guy" you think you are, this is a Pokemon forum.

Problem is, I never really notice that I'm eating my hair--someone always points it out to me, or I go to the mirror and see that I have no eyelashes. Plus, smoking has helped with another...problem I'd rather not talk about.
    You probably want to just bite your lip or something every time you pull your eyelashes out... you'll induce pain, which will make you eat it less?

Yeah, but that's just replacing one bad habit with a painful habit. I'm in enough pain and my lips are really sensitive.

Yeah, but that's just replacing one bad habit with a painful habit. I'm in enough pain and my lips are really sensitive.
    Well, you can do something else to prevent yourself from continuing your trichotillophagia, right? Like reading a book or something.

Whatever solution you try and come up with, though, you have to be determined to keep at it.

Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223 LastLast