Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Future Forum Styles Discussion

Default Future Forum Styles Discussion

We're coming to the end of the Type theme forum styles now, with only four remaining. What's to come after that, really I haven't got a clue. So I'm opening up the field here for discussion. I want to hear from you what you'd like to see featured as a theme for a skin.

Here's a run down of what the forums previously had:

Types
    The seventeen types that make a pokemon what it is (I wont list them, you know what they are). These were previously almost monochrome styles, with one predominant colour and everything being a shade darker or lighter.
    Contest Types
    The five Contest types; Cool, Beauty, Cute, Tough and Smart. Though only the first three were ever made, they were, like the original types, monochrome albeit in more pastel shades than the other types.

Games
    Themes based on the colour names of the games that had been released. These were as follows:
    • Red, Blue & Yellow
    • Gold, Silver & Crystal
    • Ruby & Sapphire
    • Emerald
    • Diamond & Pearl
    • Fire Red & Leaf Green
    • Colosseum & XD
    • Pichu Bros!
    • Pokemon Channel

As you can tell, the styles stopped before Platinum was released and there were no further releases after that point.

------

That's what we had. This is what we have now:

Types
    I have four of the types remaining to implement; Ghost, Ground, Normal and Water. When the last four have been completed, I'll run through all the styles again and make sure I haven't missed anything, fill in blanks and update the older ones with things i've learnt and added on the newer ones.

Games
    We have a Black & White / B2W2 theme now, whether or not you want to see the older series remade is up to you. Regardless of the decision made, there wont be a repeat in 'games' as it were, so there will be only one GSC theme, and not an additional HGSS theme.

So the rest isn't necessarily up to you. It's up to Serebii at the end of it all. These are his forums. But ideas don't come form nowhere, and I'd like to know what people want. So suggest. Themes, ideas, colour schemes, features on the banner, etc. Tell me what you'd like.

Please keep in mind, that we will not be doing themes for your favourite pokemon or your favourite character. If we did it for one, we'd have to do it for all.

Banner Count: 14

Maybe a sort of Evil group-based theme? Rocket, Galactic, etc?

Or a Pokemon evo/duo/trio/quartet/group theme. Some of the colors could get...kinda funky, probably. But we had the RSE and RBY ones at one point, so...I mean...It couldn't get much more clashing than that, right?

On a less likely (but more personal preference-y) note, I'd love Mewtwo/Rayquaza/Lugia styles (separate, not as one). I think Rayquaza (and I guess Groudon/Kyogre too) could lend very interesting to a type of tribal pattern/theme/design in the banner.

But, then again, I'm a big fan of minimalist stuff for the forums.

"You can call yourself whatever you want.
    Soldier. Leader. Patriot. Revolutionary. It doesn't matter.
    At our core we're all the same thing.
    Monsters."

How about a Battle Frontier style, then a Battle Subway style. They would go perfect with the contest types. You could also do a Champion style, something mixing all the champions over the years, the same would be done with the Rivals. Mystery Dungeon Style anyone?

Or how about a Nintendo style. Joe seems to keep up on current Nintendo news. It could be a style that mixes all the systems that Pokemon games have been released on.

A Conquest style would be nice.

I'd also like a Battle Subway style.

Styles for legendary trios, perhaps? That's a lot, but it'd be cool to have a theme for Rayquaza / Groudon / Kyogre, Palkia / Dialga / Giratina, etc.

But I'd rather a Mystery Dungeon theme like jb said.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamotz View Post

Or a Pokemon evo/duo/trio/quartet/group theme. Some of the colors could get...kinda funky, probably. But we had the RSE and RBY ones at one point, so...I mean...It couldn't get much more clashing than that, right?

On a less likely (but more personal preference-y) note, I'd love Mewtwo/Rayquaza/Lugia styles (separate, not as one). I think Rayquaza (and I guess Groudon/Kyogre too) could lend very interesting to a type of tribal pattern/theme/design in the banner.

But, then again, I'm a big fan of minimalist stuff for the forums.
    I am up for the Evil Organizations theme. Any of them would be fine, but I would like Team Rocket I guess. Going with the Classics XP Even though we already have two darkish themes and Team Rocket is pretty much Black. <.> And would clash with Darks them with Black and Red because of Zoroark..

Team Aqua/Magma could have one theme for themselves. Combining Red and Blue like the BW theme of Reshi and Zek.

Team Galactic and Team Plasma have pretty similar themes in my mind with their colors... <.> But Team Plasma would be nice to have with a Three colored them of Silver, Black and Blue.

Pretty much those is what I have XP

And reading about weather or not having older series... I guess it would be nice to have... FireRed and LeafGreen. I liked its combination before and now that the banners can be made a bit smoother to have a soft merge of colors, Red and Green colored them for it would be great.

Okie now this is all I have XP

I could definitely see some spin-off series getting some style love...Dungeon, Ranger, Conquest

An eevee theme with all the different eevee forms. I love eevee!!!!

Offering:
    Looking for
    My 3ds fc:4441 9598 4755

Try legendary Pokemon, like a group of them like the Kami trio or The legendary dogs or birds, etc

~Credits to myself~
    ~Free-lance artist, feel free to look through my gallery and ask for anything~

What about one with the Shiny Beasts from the Zoroark Movie? That would be marvelous <3

...but I would LOVE to see a PMD one.

Credit to Bru for my banners<3

I would love to see the Colosseum & XD style remade and possibly one for the 3 legendary birds trio (Articuno , Zapdos , and Moltres)
    Last edited by Archangel; 17th October 2012 at 3:50 AM.
        Spoiler:- Artwork Credits:
    3DS Friend Code : 2509-2166-4408

Founder of the Competitive Forum and the Official Serebii League

I think the 4 muskerdeers would make a good theme with keldeo in it's resolution forme

I do agree with the various spin-offs getting love.

Mystery Dungeon series
        Spoiler:

Colors: Blue and Orange
    Object on Banner: The Explorer's Badge
        Spoiler:

Colosseum & XD
    Colors: Purple & Orange/Pink
    Object on Banner: Snag Ball [regular pokeball with purplish aura]

Pokemon Conquest
    Colors: Gold and black
    Object on Banner : Hero?

--------------------------------
    Also

~ Hoenn or Sinnoh Battle Frontier
    Colors: Varied
    Object: Logo
        Spoiler:

~ Battle Subway
    Colors: Grey and various
    Object: Ingo & Emmet

~ Pokemon Contests
    Object: Pokeblock/Poffin

~ Pokemon Musicals
    Colors: Pink and Varied
    Object: the logo
        Spoiler:

~ Pokeathlon
    Colors: Blue and varied
    Object: idk

~ PokeStar Studios
    Object: Movie clipboard?

Random : PokéRadar

My idea is pretty basic: a theme with pseudo-legendary Pokemon.

Palutena believes there is no such thing as personal space. ~Made by yours truly~
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris / 3DS FC: Ask / Normal Safari: Audino, Smeargle, Lillipup
    Youtube Channel - Mario Kart 8

Like a Pokemon Ranger theme! Colors could be red and blue, with all the rangers maybe?
    White friend code: 0347 5916 2191
    Black 2 friend code: 0820 1802 1694

One that shows all the gym leaders in each region back to back with Castelia City in the background.

I never have a preference as to what kind of theme is made, so I don't have any direct suggestions there. The only thing I can think to suggest is maybe seeking out a person or two who know how to work vB skin editing and seeing what they can do. Like "higher-end" themes compared to the ones around now, which are pretty basic, at least in my opinion after seeing just how awesome skins can be. That's all I can think to suggest. For me it doesn't matter what the theme of a skin is as long as it's made well, because I can love a really well-made skin even if it's of a Pokémon or character I don't care for.

Remake the old Ruby and Sapphire skin in the new format. That was my favorite skin, and I'd love to have it back.

3DS Friend Code - 4081-6303-6683

My Anime List - updated every now and then

"Harry Potter actor Daniel Radcliffe used to think Justin Bieber was a woman."

What about dual types? Like every once in awhile, not to often, could do dual typed skins. But ones that colors aren't to clashed together.
    White friend code: 0347 5916 2191
    Black 2 friend code: 0820 1802 1694

No, there's no point to dual types other than people wanting to see their favourite pokemon in the banner again.

I've actually designed forum skins before for other forums, one of them in particular being a Pokémon one (Pokémon Elite 2000). What I did with these skins was pretty different from what Serebii does with types and contest types, but I figured I could throw the ideas for themes I did for that forum on the table and see what you guys think of them. Unlike some of the other suggestions, these themes aren't Pokémon-specific and could be blended with just about anything, but I feel combining them with Pokémon actually turned out pretty well.

Pokémon Post-Apocalyptic
    Example: http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/?styleid=31

Think of Pokémon with a dystopian taste of a post apocalyptic look, something from Fallout, Mad Max, or other similar setting where the forum buttons, graphics, and icons look beat-up and burnt over and the colors are generally desert-themed. I used a few pictures from post apocalyptic pictures along with movie picture captures from the movie The Book of Eli, and it turned out pretty well and gave the whole forum a nice and gritty Fallout-inspired feel to it.

Eon Twins A.D. 2300
    Example: http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru...php?styleid=33

This one was a futuristic theme featuring Latios and Latias. Buttons and graphics looked more high-tech and generally tried to make the skin seem more like it was from the future.

Pokémon Urban Street
    Example: http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/?styleid=37

This skin had more of an urban feel to it with city and subway street themes along with using graffiti style text. Meanwhile, a lot of tarmac and concrete colored grays were used in terms of the color themes. Unsurprisingly, this turned out to be pretty popular with the community and I used it myself for quite some time back when I used to be there. I really liked the way this one turned out.

And there's some other ideas I have that I didn't actually put into action in the form of a skin on Pokémon Elite 2000, but Serebii could still easily use.

A Horror Skin

Something creepy, gothic, and unsettling would be pretty cool to see. And not something cartoonish as in Saturday morning Halloween cartoonish, but something genuinely disturbing and truly horror themed, as if Pokémon and the Silent Hill franchise suddenly had a crossover (which would be awesome, but will probably never happen).

A Military Skin

Essentially as if Pokémon and the army had been combined. Stencil lettering, gritty textures, camouflage background splashes, that kind of theme. Would probably be a hit to the Call of Duty and Battlefield fans that also frequently visit this forum.

A Fantasy Skin

Something that makes Pokémon look more like it came out of Lord of the Rings, Game of Thrones, or that kind of thing, using some of the more Celtic style fonts out there with fantasy settings and themes.

These I think would be pretty cool and pretty flexible in terms of how they could be planned out and constructed. I'd love to help as well if you'd like. I've done skins before and I have loads of graphic design experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamotz View Post
    Ooh I'd love a Team Rocket one! One for the old Rocket and one for the new Rocket. i mean with the white outfit and black outfit one :3 nya~
    "It's hard enough breaking a limited edition 3DS that a girl cherished,
    but breaking her feelings like a thin layer of ice is another thing..."

Hmmm... I definately agree with the side games, Musical/Pokéathlon/etc, contest types.

But I really think that the games (RBGY, GSC, RSE, FRLG, DPPt, HGSS, BW) should be done first, as it looks off to only have themes for one set of games, and not have the rest, basically having a category foritself.

we could really use a D/P/Pt style on here along with a water type skin you already seem to have the other types except for water since when this happens i can finally have a skin that I can switch to that i like i been using serebii.net skin since i joined

^done by Katsu Koneko doesnt this sig look cute
    If you think Dawn is cute, copy and paste THIS into your sig.(started by shiningsloth13)if you think dawn is hot, copy and paste this into your sig(started by empoleon49)<not IF its IS

You clearly don't know your types very well as there are three missing. As as I have said, god knows a million times. I have been harassed for a water skin from the start. It will be the last type skin made. Last. And still you assume that you will like it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast