Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: "GRASS" the worst starter and possibly type??

Default "GRASS" the worst starter and possibly type??

Sorry if this have been made before,but I would really appreciate an answer.

"GRASS" is weak to 5 types!!!! ( Never understood why to POISON". It's resisted by 7 types and effective against only 3. ( And we all know the gimmick of water types using ice beam and electric types using signal beam).
    So, do u think that Grass is dwarfed by the other starters? or by the other types as well? what changes do u think the pokechart should undergo in order to balance grass? or do u think it is already usable and on bar with water and fire? Thanks

-Kurumayu-tachi " we can't wait to become sweeping samurai Hahakomories

Minna no pokemon getto da ze~

But the grass is perfectly fine. Except for being weak to poison which I don't get.

Quote Originally Posted by BritishWeavile View Post
    But the grass is perfectly fine. Except for being weak to poison which I don't get.
    Could u elaborate please?

-Kurumayu-tachi " we can't wait to become sweeping samurai Hahakomories

Minna no pokemon getto da ze~

I've never had a problem with Grass Pokemon. I got other Pokemon in my team to counter it's disadvantages. Every Pokemon has eachothers back on my team.
    My Soundcloud

My ReverbNation

Music & Musicians Alliance Club

But Turtwig and Bulbasaur are just too great to be the worst starters
    Sig deleted by Hydrohs. Read the sig rules.

If poison is absorbed by plantlife, it will most likely wither and die... That's my theory as to why Poison is strong against Grass. But yes, Grass definitely needs balancing out...
    Current Hunts

2,470 SRs/4,940 birds seen - PAUSED

SS Extra

3,878 SRs COMPLETE

Grass is more of support like Leech Seed while helping bring sun and sweep with its other coverage moves like Venasaur with access to Chlorophyll along with Growth and going mixed

Quote Originally Posted by Duranteater View Post
    Grass is more of support like Leech Seed while helping bring sun and sweep with its other coverage moves like Venasaur with access to Chlorophyll along with Growth and going mixed
    ^ This.
    Click on these Pokémon to make them happy and healthy!:

Spoiler:- Credits:

Pokémon Red Water-monotype challenge team:

Pokémon Emerald Water-monotype challenge team:
    Pokémon Fire Red Nuzlocke challenge team:

Well, the only really "strong" starter type is Water.

Both Grass and Fire are not that good.

Quote Originally Posted by WingBlast View Post
    Sorry if this have been made before,but I would really appreciate an answer.

"GRASS" is weak to 5 types!!!! ( Never understood why to POISON". It's resisted by 7 types and effective against only 3. ( And we all know the gimmick of water types using ice beam and electric types using signal beam).
    So, do u think that Grass is dwarfed by the other starters? or by the other types as well? what changes do u think the pokechart should undergo in order to balance grass? or do u think it is already usable and on bar with water and fire? Thanks
    Grass isn't super effective to electric, it just that electric isn't very effective against grass.

November 2001 - February 2005

[IMG]http://i53.*******.com/2ur1emc.png[/IMG]

v--Current Black 2 Team--v
    Lilwun lv34 Maiden lv37 Grandage lv40 Crash lv40 Elizabeth lv32 Ballarina lv30

Grass is alright, but I choose fire.
    Fairywitch's last artwork below:

Shiny Hunts:

BQ#1 Game Lost

I honestly don't think Grass is so bad. Yeah, it has a lot of downfalls and is outclassed by a lot of types, but that doesn't mean it's terrible. Plus there are a lot of Pokemon which are good competitively or at least in-game. Some of my personal favorites to use are Venusaur, Sceptile, Breloom, Torterra, Roserade, Cut Rotom, and Leavanny.
    Last edited by GalladeRocks; 1st October 2012 at 11:08 PM.
    Dimensions of Darkness - on hiatus l Sgt. Froakie - ongoing l Envoy - upcoming

harmoNy - one-shot l The Piplup and Chimchar Variety Hour - on hiatus
    Author's Profile

Latest Chapter (Sgt. Froakie): Chapter 2 - Beware the Cute Ones
    Credit to Astral Shadow for the awesome sig!

Grass isn't bad. Bulbasaur's great for beginners, Tropius is a good hm slave, Turtwig may well be the best starter of the fourth gen. Just because a type has a lot of weaknesses doesn't mean it's the worst type to start with.
    Currently Residing in the orange islands.

Fire is the key to life.

I have no problem with grass. It just has more weaknesses than most types. But that does not make a different when the pokemon is asleep. If you read between the lines you should of have got that what I mean't was that they have moves that can paralyz, poison... Etc you should know this... So that means they make up for the typeweaknesses with moves like sleep powder that put the target to sleep. If the target is asleep they can not attack. They are forced to switch out. You can use this to your advantage. Like switching Pokemon or making them switch at your will. But ghost are still the bar type.

RAWK ON

I'll be honest, I've never never liked the Type. But that doesn't make it bad. Sure, it had its many weaknesses and all, but all Types do.

tumblr
    - i've claimed zelos wilder, xerneas, and tales of the abyss
    Omega Ruby team:

I never had a problem. Grass is fine.

I've never liked grass type either, it always seemed to weak. Although when I was younger I used to pwn with it. These days my fave is definitely fire; I am usually able to beat the game with just my starter and a couple HM slaves.

Grass is pretty great in my standards, some of the ones that are good are: Breloom, Venusaur, Meganium (walling), Torterra is amazing as it is SE against Fire, and Serperior is fast enough to set up for its team.
    Grass is in no way bad. I like it a lot more than Fire types, which (to me) just plain out suck, well, there are a few exceptions like: Chandelure, Blaziken and Ninetails.

Yeah it is a had type not the worst like fire, fire gets doused rather easily but grass has more weaknesses the only thing is people usually only use 2 of the types that can take it out

3DS XL FC for Pokemon Y 2595-0724-5772 IGN SmeargleRocks
    Shiny Number 1268

I can offer gen6 cloning services, I will only clone what I don't have as glitch cloning can take awhile and be stressful

Self caught shinies on Y 24
    first successfull (and accidental) MM Shelmet timid 31/1/19/31/31/31 4:25 pm EST 4/14/14
    Shiny XD Gale of Darkness Zubat caught September 17th 2012 @ 4:24 pm EST cave PokeSpot

FUC* ALL HACKERS!!!
    ALL Gen6 6IV Event pokemon are hacked

Quote Originally Posted by WingBlast View Post
    Could u elaborate please?
    I mean, the weaknesses and strengths of grass are fine. I just learned why grass is weak to poison.

Quote Originally Posted by BritishWeavile View Post
    I mean, the weaknesses and strengths of grass are fine. I just learned why grass is weak to poison.
    Is it because poison will like wear your grass out or burn it?

3DS XL FC for Pokemon Y 2595-0724-5772 IGN SmeargleRocks
    Shiny Number 1268

I can offer gen6 cloning services, I will only clone what I don't have as glitch cloning can take awhile and be stressful

Self caught shinies on Y 24
    first successfull (and accidental) MM Shelmet timid 31/1/19/31/31/31 4:25 pm EST 4/14/14
    Shiny XD Gale of Darkness Zubat caught September 17th 2012 @ 4:24 pm EST cave PokeSpot

FUC* ALL HACKERS!!!
    ALL Gen6 6IV Event pokemon are hacked

I think grass types are just fine. Most of my favorite starter pokemon are grass

FC: 2406-6166-3485 IGN: Emerald

Quote Originally Posted by SmeargleRocks View Post
    Is it because poison will like wear your grass out or burn it?
    Poison sucks the nutrient out of the plant and acts like a virus I believe :P

I like the grass type I think it's fine as is.

Grass types have a good advantage over Water types in the beginning, then TM13 and TM14 come around and Grass types aren't that effective unless its a Pokemon with high speed and wide movepool.
    Torterra is a perfect example; it can be KO'ed by Empoleon by Ice Beam or Blizzard if successful.
    Fire is another problem. I once used Abomasnow and I faced an Octilery. The Octillery had a Focus Sash, and I was disappointed that Giga Drain didn't KO it. Unfortunately, Octillery also had Flamethrower.

Seriously Grass has many type combos that make it receive 4x damage from certain types.
    Grass/Ice & Grass/Steel - Weak to Fire
    Grass/Ground & Grass/Flying - Weak to Ice
    Grass/Dark & Grass/Psychic - Weak to Bug
    Grass/Fighting & Grass/Bug - Weak to Flying

However some types combos aren't as weak to certain types.
    Grass/Rock - 2x damage from Bug and Steel.
    Grass/Water - 2x damage from Bug, Poison, and Flying.

Grass/Fire would be a decent combo, because then it would only take 2x damage from Poison, Flying, and Rock. Give such a Pokemon good Speed and a Psychic and Rock attack and it can be have good resistance to commonly used Pokemon that have Stone Edge or Rock Slide (Machamp and Volcarona with Hurricane)

However, there would probably be another Pokemon to counter it. Also the ability a Grass/Fire Pokemon has may affect its performance in battles.
    Looking for:
    - 5-6 IV Beldum Family Member (Non-English)
    - HA Fletchling Family Member
    - Drifloon Family Member (Non-English)

Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast