Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: "GRASS" the worst starter and possibly type??

I would say of the Grass-Water-Fire starters, Grass is generally considered the weakest, with Fire being the strongest and sometimes able to even match its Water counterpart with a given move set.
    "Life is wonderful....but why?"

Quote Originally Posted by MewForever View Post
    I would say of the Grass-Water-Fire starters, Grass is generally considered the weakest, with Fire being the strongest and sometimes able to even match its Water counterpart with a given move set.
    I think water is the strongest of the 3 types. What they did with the gen IV starters was brilliant though.

Quote Originally Posted by WingBlast View Post
    Ice freezes waters! In Scandinavia and in the arctic region, all bodies of water are solid frozen. I think this qualifies as to why ice should be SE against water. And water makes metals rust!
    It's not necessarily about "what makes sense" in life. Otherwise you could never end the Water vs. Fire debate, since water turns into steam, but fire also gets extinguished by water. I think Nintendo has done a pretty good job balancing the type effectiveness, to be honest.

Plus not all metals "rust", only iron and steel "rust". There are oxidation-proof/resistant metals out there, one of which is stainless steel.

Yeah, but i'm not talking about grass vs water here! I'm simply saying that they give a certain type move to a certain type that destroys all its weakness. i.e a fire type with solar beam can counter all of fire's weaknesses! how often do we see a grass type with rock type moves?
    Technically speaking you CAN teach some grass types rock type moves. The Treecko family, Nuzleaf and Shiftry, Breloom, Torterra, Abomasnow, Tangrowth, and Simisage can all learn Rock Slide via TM. Most people just don't utilize that.
    --I don't have regular internet access, so don't be surprised if I suddenly don't show up for days at a time.--

I write to stay alive. What have you done lately?

Fizzy Bubbles Profile

It's my least favorate type.
    Some days you just can't force a smile. :<

Quote Originally Posted by Chthonic Flames View Post
    It's not necessarily about "what makes sense" in life. Otherwise you could never end the Water vs. Fire debate, since water turns into steam, but fire also gets extinguished by water. I think Nintendo has done a pretty good job balancing the type effectiveness, to be honest.

Plus not all metals "rust", only iron and steel "rust". There are oxidation-proof/resistant metals out there, one of which is stainless steel.

Technically speaking you CAN teach some grass types rock type moves. The Treecko family, Nuzleaf and Shiftry, Breloom, Torterra, Abomasnow, Tangrowth, and Simisage can all learn Rock Slide via TM. Most people just don't utilize that.
    And they can learn Earthquake if I'm not mistaken. And why's every hating on water? :/ Why isn't ice weak to water then? Since ice dissolve in water anyways :P.

Anyways, Grass type are sometimes dwarfed compared to the other types (especially in the sudden outbreak of steel), but grass can still hold their own though. I loved the gen 4 starter, other than the fact Empoleon is awesome and Piplup is cute, it was the only gen so far that all three starters have a secondary typing. I'm kinda disappointed with the 3rd time Fire/Fighting thing and pure Grass has been there for like 3/5 gens.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

Poison is the worst type. It's only good against GRASS. At least grass beats 3 types.
    3DS FC: 5043 1366 9389

grass isn't the worst type but its defintely the worst starter besides in emerald version where treecko is the best starter. poison is the worst in my opinion
    bushie
    white fc:2581 7084 0443
    soul silver fc: 4298 8231 5702
    WHITE 2 FC : 3182 9975 4292
    3ds fc: 4356 0302 3712
    HERE WE GO EAGLES

I think grass is a very good type, if you know how to use it. It could be a sweeper, but that's not it's best function, it's a best status inflicter. Sort of a silent killer.

As for grass-type starters, Turtwig is really the best starter out of the Sinnoh3, and Bulbasaur is really a good pokémon since it's so balanced.
    Pokémon White 2 plan|

SS: |

Hunting:

Egg count: 420

Grass is alright, but like others have said, it's not as strong as the other starter types.

Poison is the worst type.

um... NO!
    i always pick the greass one.
    and one of my best pokemon is a venusaur
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

Quote Originally Posted by Manna View Post
    Poison is the worst type.
    Quote Originally Posted by bushie View Post
    poison is the worst in my opinion
    Not, it isn't. It depends of the way you play.
    Offensive players will probably love Fire, Ice, Dragon and maybe Ground, since those types are good for attacking types.

But for Defensive players, Poison is a very good type, not as good as Steel, but still worth using.

Grass is the only type weak to Poison. Steel is immune to Poison and nearly every other type resists it, so to me Poison is perhaps the weakest. That isn't to say that I don't like Poison, which I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Coyote_Dynamo View Post
    Grass is the only type weak to Poison. Steel is immune to Poison and nearly every other type resists it.
    And that does not mean nothing.
    Poison is not a offensive type, it is a defensive one.

Fire is one of the best types, but it sucks defensively.
    Steel is one of the best types, but yet it sucks offensively.
    Ice is one of the best types, but it sucks defensively.
    Poison is one of the best types, but yet it sucks offensively.

Every type has its uses and flaws.

The only types that are good in both ways are Dragon and Water, if I am not mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by kjt View Post
    As far as the grass starters go I do find they suck for a playthrough, specifically because they don't usually have the coverage that I enjoy from my starters. Some grass types (Venusuar, Meganium, Serperior) don't get that many offensive moves if I remember: it's grass STAB and Sludge Bomb. Sure, Meganium has Body Slam and Serperior Slam, it's not great for a starter IMO. Sceptile and Torterra were the best playthrough-wise of the starters, 'cause they got decent offenses and coverage moves (especially with Torterra's ground type). The other starters always had something going for them IMO - all the water types could at least run Surf + Ice Beam/Blizzard, plus some got other moves (EQ on Swampert, Grass Knot on Empoleon). As for fire they were generally offensive and powerful, plus most got decent other moves (see Charizard/Blaziken/Infernape/Emboar movepool).
    The idea behind Venusaur was that it was more of a wall than it was a tank; you sat behind your rather good defenses and threw status at your enemies. The only true offensive move you carried was whatever your Grass move was; the other three slots consisted of Leech Seed and whatever two Powders you liked most. And that was Venusaur's selling point; it was the only Pokemon in the game who got Leech Seed, which let you both drain the opponent's health and restore your own, and it stacked with every other status as well. Yes, other Pokemon existed who could spam Powders and such - Butterfree, Hypno, Parasect, Venomoth, and the version-exclusive Grasses - but they were consolation prizes at best, since they lacked Venusaur's great defenses and Leech Seed. That's why Meganium sucked such a large amount of dick; its movepool was nerfed so that it didn't include anything that made Venusaur useful, thus making it useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlathotep View Post
    But for Defensive players, Poison is a very good type, not as good as Steel, but still worth using.
    Meh. Poison on its own is too uncommon an offensive type to be worth resisting, and everything else is covered by Flying. Thing is, Flying types are incredibly easy to fit onto a team, as Flying is the ***** of Pokemon typings - it's been paired with every type except for Fighting, which even Flying wouldn't touch with a five-foot pole.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlathotep View Post
    The only types that are good in both ways are Dragon and Water, if I am not mistaken
    I'd make a case for Ghost and Gen I Psychic.
    Last edited by Excitable Boy; 2nd October 2012 at 11:11 PM.

Grass is fine. Yeah, it has type weakness, but you could have other Pokémon on your team to counter it and Grass types can learn moves super effective on some types super effective on them. (i.e. Meganium can learn Earthquake - super effective on Fire and Poison types)
    Xbox Gamertag: iDeadlyPanda|3DS FC: 0602-6674-5548 |NNID: ThePandaMan |Twitter

Claimed: Chrom from the Fire Emblem Series and Pokémon X
    Claimed Pokémon:
    Anime List

I always choose the Grass starters and i've even had a full Grass team which wiped the floor with the Elite 4 even though i was at a disadvantage.

Grass types do have disadvantages, but so do other types and people have them in teams.

As long as you give them the right moves they can be part of a good team, and if you don't want all Grass balance it out with other types that can compensate for the disadvantages.

The whole point of the game is to choose Pokemon you like and think would make up a good team and that's how Snove C's it!!

Credit to Mr. Joker for the Glee banner
    Credit to Skiyomi for the lovely Blue Snover banner

If anyone is interested in a custom ribbon for your profile pic, be sure to check out Ayra's sprite thread in the fanart section, if you want to take a look at her work have a look at my profile.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow XD001 View Post
    Grass is fine. Yeah, it has type weakness, but you could have other Pokémon on your team to counter it and Grass types can learn moves super effective on some types super effective on them. (i.e. Meganium can learn Earthquake - super effective on Fire and Poison types)
    That, and petal dance is a kicka** move.

Torterra is pretty badass.

The Grass-Types does not have the best defense, and they might have a bit too many weaknesses..
    But they do have some awesome details, like Giga Drain, Roserade, Cherrim and Leaf Storm

ehhhh idk i always pick water unless were talking about leafgreen den its charizard but you already know that much
    Emerald Team:
    Fire Red Team:
    Platinum Team:
    Soul Silver Team
    White Team:
    Black 2 Team:
    Rock Guardians Team:

i dont like grass as a starter. i use fire when there are no good ones early on in the wild or when there are powerful water pokemon in the wild early on otherwise i use water. grass has no use to me

Quote Originally Posted by Poliwhirl'sMittens View Post
    I think WingBlast is going for the concepts of ice freezing water and water causing steel to rust, which I don't disagree with.
    Quote Originally Posted by WingBlast View Post
    Ice freezes waters! In Scandinavia and in the arctic region, all bodies of water are solid frozen. I think this qualifies as to why ice should be SE against water. And water makes metals rust!
    Ice freezes water? What happened to water in environments of cold temperature freezing even when there's no ice there to begin with?

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

I love Grass, even though I've picked Water starters the most so far. There is no such thing as a "worst" type, but I can see why people think that Grass is inferior to Fire and Water.

I'm liking grass still mainly venusaur, Sceptile, and serperior are the ones I like the most

3DS XL FC for Pokemon Y 2595-0724-5772 IGN SmeargleRocks
    Shiny Number 1268

I can offer gen6 cloning services, I will only clone what I don't have as glitch cloning can take awhile and be stressful

Self caught shinies on Y 24
    first successfull (and accidental) MM Shelmet timid 31/1/19/31/31/31 4:25 pm EST 4/14/14
    Shiny XD Gale of Darkness Zubat caught September 17th 2012 @ 4:24 pm EST cave PokeSpot

FUC* ALL HACKERS!!!
    ALL Gen6 6IV Event pokemon are hacked

if some type should be bad it is ice it have only 1 resistance.. to ice and 4 weaknesses which all of them are common (steel is common on scizor and ferrothorn)

Ferrothorn says hi since he is one of the most used pokemons and he is a grass type and venusaur and celebi are they also bad?
    abomasno although having "the worst type ever" is kinda strong when used right and it is also OU (well mainly for hail teams)

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Oak
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and the amount of zubat in caves, and I'm not sure about the former.
    Shortcut to damage calculator

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast