Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: "GRASS" the worst starter and possibly type??

Grass offers a challenge, as well as it's a great defensive/support. I personally love grass-types, but that's jsut me.
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan View Post
    if some type should be bad it is ice it have only 1 resistance.. to ice and 4 weaknesses which all of them are common (steel is common on scizor and ferrothorn)

Ferrothorn says hi since he is one of the most used pokemons and he is a grass type and venusaur and celebi are they also bad?
    abomasno although having "the worst type ever" is kinda strong when used right and it is also OU (well mainly for hail teams)
    You can't forget Breloom and Virizion, two potential sweepers as well!

Quote Originally Posted by Duranteater View Post
    You can't forget Breloom and Virizion, two potential sweepers as well!
    Both of them can't handle flying type moves. AT ALL.

Quote Originally Posted by BritishWeavile View Post
    But no one wants to be Spored and swept right?

Grass is fine. It may have a lot of weaknesses but its still handy in game with all the water and ground types. And I really like treecko's evoltuion line.
    Credit to Mew_ for the pokemon banner, Equal-to-Heaven for the braviary clock, ~.:Northern Lights:.~ for the pokemon badge, and the shiny card made by me

Friend code: 0533-5377-8837
    I have normal type (minccino, dunsparce and smeargle)

Spoiler:- My shiny card:
    [IMG]http://i41.*******.com/2vs1amu.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i45.*******.com/20fva8.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i41.*******.com/2vhzyoj.jpg[/IMG]

I don't know, Pokémon of a type having quad-weaknesses doesn't really mean that that type is bad. :/

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan View Post
    if some type should be bad it is ice it have only 1 resistance.. to ice and 4 weaknesses which all of them are common (steel is common on scizor and ferrothorn)
    Ice is an offensive type. See Weavile, Mamoswine, Froslass, Vanilluxe, Beartic, as well as its four SE hits versus common defensive/balanced types.

Because Flying is such a great offensive type, everyone runs it.

Really, guys?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Pokemon can be good if you lower your standards a bit, and not expect anything good.

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    I don't know, Pokémon of a type having quad-weaknesses doesn't really mean that that type is bad. :/
    Like Scizor, yeah Fire is its bane but it's Bullet Punch from Choive Band can 2KO Volcarons IIRC

Quote Originally Posted by Duranteater View Post
    Like Scizor, yeah Fire is its bane but it's Bullet Punch from Choive Band can 2KO Volcarons IIRC
    The problem is that it can't survive two turns against a Volcarona.
    Unless the Volcarona owner is a newbie player...

But I got your point... lol

Quote Originally Posted by deoxysdude94 View Post
    Poison is the worst type. It's only good against GRASS. At least grass beats 3 types.
    And some Grass Types can inflict Paralysis and Sleep on top of Poison.
    Some days you just can't force a smile. :<

I'm using Victreebel in SS and I'm not having any problems with her. I EV trained her so I wouldn't have problems. If a Psychic Pokemon came up I'd be able to take it out with it's super high attack even tho it's level 26. I could take out a bug type with it. Poison type, Dark, not fire yet, water, electric, ground, rock, maybe steel, grass, not dragon, and normal. With a welly EV trained grass Pokemon it can do wonders. So no Grass Pokemon are FAR from the worse type. IMO normal types are the worse.

This is some good grass dude!

Quote Originally Posted by a person View Post
    Because Flying is such a great offensive type, everyone runs it.

Really, guys?
    Really what? Please elaborate.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbagao15 View Post
    Hello. And Bye.
    Dude quit spamming. If your gonna post then post something about the damn topic.

This is some good grass dude!

I wouldn't say grass is the worst starter just because the type has 5 weaknesses, it really depends on stats and abilities too...

Case in point: Venasaur. It is rated very highly among competitive battlers, higher than most other starters (although not all).
    Pokemon X Team:

3DS Friend Code: 0946 2360 9613

Black 2 FC: 2967 6413 3444

Well, I'm not sure if this is from a competitive stand point or not, but in RBY or FR/LG, choosing Bulbasaur for your starter was your best bet, being as it had type advantage over the first two gyms and there were a lot of water types you could get anyways. The only issue you could have was if you DIDN'T like Ninetales or Arcanine for a fire type

So yeah, grass types aren't too bad

Grass is okay, I guess. I've never really used it.. ever, but in BW2 I'm gonna have Snivy as my starter.
    Grass-types are usually defensive kind of pokemon, but I'd prefer Fire, x3

Credits Avenger Angel for banner

Quote Originally Posted by PokemanzAssassin View Post
    Well, I'm not sure if this is from a competitive stand point or not, but in RBY or FR/LG, choosing Bulbasaur for your starter was your best bet, being as it had type advantage over the first two gyms and there were a lot of water types you could get anyways. The only issue you could have was if you DIDN'T like Ninetales or Arcanine for a fire type

So yeah, grass types aren't too bad
    This ^ Plus I while I never really use Grass starters all that much to be honest some of the more competitive support Pokemon are of the grass type. Also not all Grass Pokemon are weak to poison in fact some are duel poison so no longer have that weakness such and also make a nice alternative to using just a basic poison type such as Muk since it has more potential moves and type coverage.

They're all fine.

Number of Genwunners = 100
    Number of people accused of being a Genwunner = 100 000 000 000 000 000
    Number of people complaning about Genwunners = 100 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000

Defensively Grass and Rock suck. Offensively or combined with other types such as Steel is amazing.

In Kanto Grass helped through the 1st 4 gyms.
    In Johto not so much as the first gyms were a nightmare BUT it provided a great challenge.
    In Hoenn- Mixed results but Treecko was fast and pretty strong.
    In Sinnoh- Ehhhhhh Same as Johto in some cases
    In Unova- Useful for the 5th gym but Same as Johto. In BW2 Marlon is the final gym leader so Serperior can be ready for that.

Its a great type and I enjoy using them as it provides a better challenge using them than in the beginning. They have a lot of diversity in battle styles, stats, move pools and support
    Yeah..... I changed my signature....

Grass types are pretty good in quite a few ways set up one with leech seed, giga drain and stun spore (4th move can be pretty much anything) and youre pretty much set
    because leech seed to all types apart from grass does equal damage
    Last edited by judgeyrocks; 3rd October 2012 at 6:42 PM.
    My current black/white team lowest level 75 but havent really bothered that much with natures, eggs, evs etc

It may be a type with a lot of weaknesses but I follow Karen's saying: "Weak Pokémon. Strong Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites.".

There's no weak type. Grass types can be extremely useful in any team and their support movesets are great. I've played Grass starters in every gen and Serperior is my favorite due to its speed and bulkiness. Sceptile is interesting too but less bulky.

Spoiler:- Friend Code and Safari Info:

Beta Competition Masters Division: W25 L9 - Rating 1736 - Ranking 100th
    June International Challenge Masters Division: W10 L7 - Rating 1544 - Ranking 2784th

Overall WiFi Double Battle Record: W47 L20

*Credit to Astral Shadow from The Under for the userbar*

I would never say that grass is a weak type. Some grass types are amazingly powerful *cough* torterra *cough* but yeah some of them are pretty poo and apart from torterra i dont like a single grass starter.

Credit for userbar to SwornMetalHead

Ghost types are the greatest... They're all spooky and stuff :3

Really what? Please elaborate.
    Bug and Grass overlap with Fire's coverage. Really only useful for Fighting types, and can't make a dent in Steel types. Most offensive Flying types use their primary STAB move (ie not Flying) to deal damage. Flying is a defensive type because of its Fighting resist and Earthquake immune.

Quote Originally Posted by a person View Post
    Get thee to a type chart.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Pokemon can be good if you lower your standards a bit, and not expect anything good.

Quote Originally Posted by Affection View Post
    Grass-types are usually defensive kind of pokemon, but I'd prefer Fire, x3
    It is hard to see a type as defensive when it have five weaknesses. Grass is not a offensive nor a defensive type... It is like an "annoyer type"... Like Ghost.
    The difference is that Ghost is actually a pretty decent offensive AND defensive type too.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlathotep View Post
    The difference is that Ghost is actually a pretty decent offensive AND defensive type too.
    THe only defensive ghosts are Drifblim, Cofagrigus, and Dusknoir.

Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast