Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: "GRASS" the worst starter and possibly type??

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlathotep View Post
    This. Haunter is much more likable than Gengar.
    I prefer Mime Jr. over Mr. Mime too.

You know, this subject deserves a proper thread.
    *goes make one*

Yeah I agree some can look batter than their fully evolved forms

Quote Originally Posted by Duranteater View Post
    *goes make one*
    Don't forget to link us.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlathotep View Post
    Don't forget to link us.
    Not if I do it first!

On topic, can't wait for Dream World Serperior. Doing a one man run in Black 2 and it's doing great.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Quote Originally Posted by Poliwhirl'sMittens View Post
    Well actually, lightning apparently helps grass and plants (indirectly of course otherwise it would cause a fire) which could explain grass's resistance to it. For the sake of giving it another advantage just to make it on more equal terms with fire and water, sure I guess grass can >electric. It is a lot more far fetched than it resisting electric though. What can grass, or even the tallest tree do against a bolt of lightning?
    The nitrogen gas that is released from the atmosphere by lightning helps plants grow.

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    You late, buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by bolter1 View Post
    The nitrogen gas that is released from the atmosphere by lightning helps plants grow.
    Precisely, I even posted a small link a while back *goes to find it*
    Quote Originally Posted by Poliwhirl'sMittens View Post
    Apparently lightning can be beneficial to plants o.o

Quote Originally Posted by MugoUrth View Post
    And yet, one Grass Starter is OU (Venusaur), one fire starter is OU (Infernape), one fire starter is UBER (Blaziken) and not a single water type reached OU. (As far as I know, Swampert is currently the closes thing to an OU water starter.)
    "The only really 'strong' starter type is Water" doesn't mean just the five fully-evolved Water-type starters. It includes every other Water-type out there. The same goes for Grass and Fire.

Having said that, I've always found Kingdra to be really good, for some reason.

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by BritishWeavile View Post
    Sceptile is kinda useless :/
    Awww...so much sceptile hate it's my second favorite grass type after serperior...it can function decently as a revenge killer...it can outspeed chomp and it's movepool is amazing on both ends...I'll admit it's not great but it's far from useless...
    Draconic Pokemon are King: My Deviant: http://xxd17.deviantart.com

Future Alpha Sapphire Team:

I feel the urge to say ( as the creator of this thread) that my Jarlorda became pretty useless after the 5th gym in black. T__T so grass is indeed worse the other 2 starter types and probably the other types :<

-Kurumayu-tachi " we can't wait to become sweeping samurai Hahakomories

Minna no pokemon getto da ze~

I've never actually used any Pokemon that are pure grass or part grass. I always choose the water type starter (if I played a Kanto game, I would use Charmander, but that's it).
    3DS Name: Phoebe
    3DS FC: 0602-6757-2575
    FS: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, Spiritomb

I have claimed Dragonite!

5 IV Pokemon

Quote Originally Posted by WingBlast View Post
    I feel the urge to say ( as the creator of this thread) that my Jarlorda became pretty useless after the 5th gym in black.
    Needs moar Coil.

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    i am this close to editing excitable boy's signature to ITS A JOKE for the next 5 months
    Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    I should make this the signature of both sogeking & excitable boy

How dare you!!! Sceptile and Venusaur are awesome ....
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    dare what?
    Grass is inherently weaker defensively and offensively, doesn't matter what pokemon happens to be Grass, but it is hindering their potential as a consequence.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitja View Post
    dare what?
    Grass is inherently weaker defensively and offensively, doesn't matter what pokemon happens to be Grass, but it is hindering their potential as a consequence.
    Google "Torterra"
    Ardent user of anything Rock, Steel, Ground, or Fire
    3DS FC: 4296-3229-5439
    Credit to Mochi10 for the userbar/Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Being fast sweepers in battle, I agree, along with nifty movepools

Well sure, they have a lot of weaknesses, but be careful how you use the word 'worst'.

Grass are probably the weakest out of the starters, but for some people that is a good thing! Because Grass types are hard to train and fight with, people might like to pick them because they are a challenge. I chose Snivy because I wanted to make the game a bit harder, so I wouldn't use the word 'worst'.

But yeah, these are my opinions, I generally don't actually like Grass that much.....

Zorua Ponies scratch sprites made by me

Grass ain't weak. Sure grass is weak to a lot of types but Sceptile and Serperior are just to awesome to be called weak lol

Quote Originally Posted by Pierce571 View Post
    Grass ain't weak. Sure grass is weak to a lot of types but Sceptile and Serperior are just to awesome to be called weak lol
    But that's saying that the Pokémon of the Grass type aren't weak, not necessarily that the Grass type itself isn't weak.

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    But that's saying that the Pokémon of the Grass type aren't weak, not necessarily that the Grass type itself isn't weak.
    I am not sure what you mean with that but I meant to say that the grass starters aren't weak and definitely not the worst. Sure grass types are weak to 5 types but that doesn't necessarily mean the grass starters are weak

I am not sure what you mean with that but I meant to say that the grass starters aren't weak and definitely not the worst. Sure grass types are weak to 5 types but that doesn't necessarily mean the grass starters are weak
    When you say that the Grass-type starters are or aren't weak, you're analyzing only whether those starter Pokémon are or aren't weak. You're not saying that the type itself is or isn't weak.

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    When you say that the Grass-type starters are or aren't weak, you're analyzing only whether those starter Pokémon are or aren't weak. You're not saying that the type itself is or isn't weak.
    That's true but that's because I am talking about the starters as a whole, not just their type. This thread is about grass being the worst type for starters and what I am trying to say is that despite grass being weak to five types they can still be pretty strong, in which good examples are in my opinion, Sceptile and Serperior.

That's true but that's because I am talking about the starters as a whole, not just their type. This thread is about grass being the worst type for starters and what I am trying to say is that despite grass being weak to five types they can still be pretty strong, in which good examples are in my opinion, Sceptile and Serperior.
    By extension, the question does also ask the question of whether or not Grass is the worst type out of all seventeen, too.

But yeah, Grass-type Pokémon can be extremely deadly if used correctly. They may require more to be used correctly (as many are support Pokémon, unlike Water- and Fire-type sweepers), but by no means does that mean that the type is bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcario97 View Post
    Google "Torterra"
    What is your point?

What I said holds true for Torterra too.

*sighs* Let's get this strait. Some Grass types are so called "Weak" and some are "strong". Every single Pokemon has their weaknesses, and every single person has their favorites. I personally love grass types and think they're amazing, but I also don't really like some grass Pokemon, Sunflora and the Hoppip line. Others may hate grass and love Poison. Someone could hate Poison and love steel. We all have our preferences. And no Pokemon is exactly useless. Yeah, sure, they aren't the best types or horrible stat wise, but that means nothing. I mean, I hate Garbodore but my friend swept with one the other day. It's stupid to argue about this because, no matter what, you'll all be arguing over wheather or not they're strong/weak. Because the truth is, as I said, before, every Pokemon has their strengths/weaknesses.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghirahim
    You have awoken an anguish that will burn for eons...

pure grass is bad but if the get a second type the become beasts
    My fc: 4871 5236 8426

Dare to battle me?

I'm back

Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast