Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: "GRASS" the worst starter and possibly type??

If you're a Grass/Psychic-Type, you're in for a bad time

"With blood and rage of crimson red,
    Ripped from a corpse so freshly dead,
    Together with our hellish hate,
    We'll burn you all, That is your fate!"

Quote Originally Posted by Adalricus View Post
    Feels bad to be Celebi.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlathotep View Post
    Feels bad to be Celebi.
    I would feel worse for Exeggutor (except when used in sun teams, that's ownage waiting to happen).
        Spoiler:- My Website + Ask.fm:

If your a Rock/Psychic, your going to have a bad time!

Grass is a pretty good typing.The worst is probably ice.

Me-I'm different! Everybody hates me, and I hate everybody!

Sigh... Grass is not as good as the other starter types, but to other types in general, it is still very good. All of you keep talking about Sceptile, Serperior and whatnot, instead of the type itself.
    The arguments of the people here are valid, if it was about the pokemon themselves, this is about the TYPE.

^There we go. Yeah, sure grass has some weaknesses, but so do other types. I mean, grass is NOT the worst type/starter. Or, in my eyes, it isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghirahim
    You have awoken an anguish that will burn for eons...

both grass/psychic and grass/ice have 7 seperate weaknesses with a 4X Weakness thrown in for good measure.
    Spare Legendaries:

I am also after DW: Adamant: , Adamant:

**Note** Everything above is in relation to Gen V

FC Black 2 - 0949 0114 5333
    Y FC - 4785-5536-1158 (Friend Safari has Ditto, dusparce and Minccino)

I really like grass types. They have good support moves.

White 1335 5361 5411
    White 2 3740 7568 0796

Yes, the Grass-Type is not the best typing.... but It is the best of the starters, imo. designs and moves are what makes the Grass-Types one of my favourites

"With blood and rage of crimson red,
    Ripped from a corpse so freshly dead,
    Together with our hellish hate,
    We'll burn you all, That is your fate!"

Grass starters do have it rough in that they have a lot of weaknesses but they are great for support and causing teams so much problems. Venasaur can posion stun or put a pokemon to sleep and with the combo such as sunlight and solarbeam it can be a great asset to most teams. Really you just have to make sure you have pokemon in your team to cover its weakness's and you'll be fine

Maw I think grass types are decent. Sure it may seem like they can be easily knocked out because they have a few weaknesses that make it not worth a team member, but they are pretty cool. Some might help you one day dangit! D:< Can set up or maybe have a diverse movepool. <.>

I nearly always start with a grass type starter. Occasionally I'll go with the others depending on the game, but mainly grass. They've just always been useful for me, whether it was Bulbasaur back in the RB days or Turtwig (stab earthquake once evolved into Torterra, yes please!)

I like to use the grass type starters as well, aside from Chikorita and Snivy. I've never used Chikorita, and I found that Snivy, despite its awesomeness, was relatively weak.
    This is Bidoof. Many people loathe it with their lives. If you are of the few people who love this little beaver, put this in your sig. Started by Earth Wolf-Howl (formerly Warrior Scolipede)

FC: 2707-2741-9594
    Friend Safari: Sunkern, Sawsbuck, Maractus

I have claimed Pyroar!

I picked Snivy as my starter on my first Black runthrough and it did awesomely.
    THIS IS FOR MY NINTENDO 3DS HANDHELD SYSTEM 2664-2984-6619
    THIS IS FOR MY POKEMON WHITE VIDEO GAME Mike-0218-6703-3716

Quote Originally Posted by the3rdH0kage View Post
    I picked Snivy as my starter on my first Black runthrough and it did awesomely.
    Me too, Serperior is nice with its speed and bulk, along with Coil to power up along Leaf Blade and Dragon Tail, plus it got Dragon Pulse in BW2 fixing its coverage problems when you want to run special! Now we just need to wait for Contrary! If offense doesn't suit your needs, it's one of the best Dual Screeners and can pull off a SubSeed set as well!

Thing is, I just play through the game, so I know nothing about proper teams and competitive battling. Due to this, I'm sure, my Serperior had trouble defeating everything, and as such, I dropped it in favour of Hydreigon.
    This is Bidoof. Many people loathe it with their lives. If you are of the few people who love this little beaver, put this in your sig. Started by Earth Wolf-Howl (formerly Warrior Scolipede)

I have claimed Pyroar!

Quote Originally Posted by Earth Wolf-Howl View Post
    Thing is, I just play through the game, so I know nothing about proper teams and competitive battling. Due to this, I'm sure, my Serperior had trouble defeating everything, and as such, I dropped it in favour of Hydreigon.
    I would think anyone would drop any grass Pokemon for a Hydreigon...that's quite the upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by sAv1Or) View Post
    I would think anyone would drop any grass Pokemon for a Hydreigon...that's quite the upgrade
    I agree, yeah. It was an Axew at first, though, but it had Rivalry, which was awkward. It was also female, which made Rivalry even worse, especially as a lot of Pokemon are mostly male.

I have claimed Pyroar!

I agree, yeah. It was an Axew at first, though, but it had Rivalry, which was awkward. It was also female, which made Rivalry even worse, especially as a lot of Pokemon are mostly male.
    I have to agree with you though on Serperior. Probably worst Grass-type starter in my opinion. 90% of the time I'm all about grass starters but Oshawott took the win in gen V.

Quote Originally Posted by sAv1Or) View Post
    I have to agree with you though on Serperior. Probably worst Grass-type starter in my opinion. 90% of the time I'm all about grass starters but Oshawott took the win in gen V.
    Certainly. I used Bulbasaur, Turtwig and Treeko, and they were all awesomely good- especially Turtwig. Serperior? Not so much.

I have claimed Pyroar!

Certainly. I used Bulbasaur, Turtwig and Treeko, and they were all awesomely good- especially Turtwig. Serperior? Not so much.
    I am a fan of it's bulk. But the offense it provides is depressing.

Hmm... my Torterra was pretty good with offense, strangely enough.

I have claimed Pyroar!

I'd have to say grass is the worst starter in my opinion. The only ones who are actually decent are Venusaur and Torterra, and both are outclassed by another starter in their generation. (Blastoise and Infernape, repectively.) The other three just don't hold candle to the others in their generation. (Meganium getting the award for worst starter ever IMO.) As for if it's the worst type, I'd say no because there really isn't a single worst type. It isn't a very good one, because of it's large amount of weaknesses and few type advantages over other pokes. However, it has some uses. Pokemon like Venusaur, Ferrothorn, and Breloom are top-tier Pokemon that can do some real damage. Others like Whimsicott and Jumpluff are great supporting Pokemon. It all depends on what you like on your team, really.

Spoiler:- credit:

I hear grass starters are the hardest to use....But, i'll have to at least admit their my favorite additude-wise. They always seem so 'cool, calm, and, collected'. ^_^ kind of like riku is, i suppose....

That said, I try not to care too much about power. A lot of grass pokemon are actually pretty usable, anyways. Even ones like Whimsicott are actually pretty strong. Personally, really, i'd love to use something like a Cleffa or Delcatty to cream trainers over wi-fi but I rather not risk getting sweeped......Power isn't everything to me, though. I just can't stand being sweeped >_<; Its a bit of a real full blown phobia for me and sadly has made it quite a bit harder for me to play my games against my friends now.
    Riku from kingdom hearts is so hot :P

^ rawr :P ITS A LION ADD THING. XD

Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast