Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324 LastLast

Thread: "GRASS" the worst starter and possibly type??

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan View Post
    What that have to do with anything?
    articuno is an ice type legendary 4* stealth rock horrible,move pool and horrible defensive stats and type this is what's make it NU.
    most grass legendary types are good being UU/OU ther type is really good..

I really don't get how this thread got 27 pages I probably ended the disscussin grass is a more defensive (or stallish) typing and ice is a pure offensive typing. and there are some exceptions like venusaur and cryoonal (the only good pure ice type)
    OT but you wouldnt classify glaceon as being a good pure ice type?

I use grass types on every team i build, i love them

B
    I like to breed to Pokemon (except IV breeding, i have no interest in it)*. If you have any requests please PM or email me and I will see what I can do to help you. I also have TONS of items.**

Email: pokemonmaster2385@gmail.com (please include "username" @ serebii forums in the heading)
    *I can breed all Pokemon in X&Y now.*
    **Items are in BW & B2W2 only**

Pokemon Y friend code: 3797 - 7081 - 3314
    Pokemon X friend code: 4296 - 4159 - 0229

^Problem with Glaceon is despite its Kyurem-esque sp attack, it's very slow and has a limited movepool (sorta). Cryoganol can launch decent Ice Beams while being defensive at the same time as well.

Grass is very important for one major reason:
    Water/Ground types.
    Imagine how hard it would be to take out a bulky Quagsire with Unaware (with Recover in its move set) without Grass! Trust me, not fun unless you happen to land consecutive crits.
    Under Construction

Quote Originally Posted by BNator92 View Post
    Water/Ground types.
    Imagine how hard it would be to take out a bulky Quagsire with Unaware (with Recover in its move set) without Grass! Trust me, not fun unless you happen to land consecutive crits.
    No need for a Grass Pokemon though, and thats the issue I see. Just put an EnergyBall/GrassKnot/HiddenPower on some sweeper, due to the 4x mod, theyll probably do the job without STAB anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitja View Post
    No need for a Grass Pokemon though, and thats the issue I see. Just put an EnergyBall/GrassKnot/HiddenPower on some sweeper, due to the 4x mod, theyll probably do the job without STAB anyway.
    Yeah, but without the Grass type in general, we wouldn't have Grass moves, so we better be thankful for them.
    Under Construction

weak to poison due to pesticides. ya kno, like, agriculturally.
    anyway, grass shouldn't be weak to steel, because that is kinda too general. also, fire should be weak to flying water rock, not ground water rock. the gusts would put it out, but an earthquake wouldn't affect a fire, the rocks in the earthquake would affect the fire. finally, water having only two weaknesses is ridiculous, because thts too small for a starter. it should be hurt by poison. like oil spills and stuff. it contaminates water itself, and KILLS the animals and fish living in the water. like, how did nintendo not realize that one. LOL. but yea, its unfair tht grass has 5 weaknesses. Altho, im more of a fire guy.

EDIT:
    Well, the only really "strong" starter type is Water.

Both Grass and Fire are not that good.
    WHAT?!? yEA OK THAT MAKES SENSE. 1 OF 3 STARTERS ARE GOOD. aright, first off, grass is amazing, considering it beats water types! lets see if ur Swapmert or Blastoise will withstans a solarbeam from venasaur, or a frenzy whip from sceptile. next, fire types kick ***! what, charizard isnt awesome enough? blaziken doesnt cut it? then what does? ok lets get real. all the types are equal (except for bug. we all hate u bug types! LOL) anyway, fire grass and water are equal. i think there should even be the move boil, cuz fire can vaporize water, so in reality, there equal. in quantity, and quality. but, since u said water is the strongest, let me play devil's advocate and say tht water is the worst. LOL
    Last edited by Chapter; 13th November 2012 at 11:17 PM. Reason: needed to add more from other post

Claimed Majora's Mask/Skull Kid | 3DSFC - 4811.7177.1372.Liam | Art by me, TIL Userbar by Astral Shadow

Formerly: Chapter of Charizard

Quote Originally Posted by Chapter of Charizard View Post
    also, fire should be weak to flying water rock, not ground water rock. the gusts would put it out, but an earthquake wouldn't affect a fire, the rocks in the earthquake would affect the fire
    its easier to put out a fire with mud and sand, than rocks...

Quote Originally Posted by Mitja View Post
    "My whole post is about whether being a Grass type is good or bad."

Where does the offensive part of the chart come into this?
    You don't elaborate on it in your post. But that is analogous to trying to analyze whether or not a phone is bad just by focusing on the bad and not focusing on the good. Just as how full analysis can't be done unless you analyze the good stuff about the phone, you can't fully analyze how good a type is unless you analyze the offensive side of the spectrum, too.

It means that Ice moves are great and being an Ice Pokemon sucks. 2 distinct things that are not necessarily related at all.
    The fact that Ice-type moves are great and that Ice-type Pokémon generally suck relate in that they both affect how good the Ice type is to the average person.

You cant take the stats and moves or whatever into account, because they are all pokemon-specific and there can be any oh so radical addition in the next gen.

-sweeper stats with boltbeam and rapid spin
    -its good? Ive seen more use of eviolite porygon2 over the past months and that was in UU
    -sweeper stats coupled with several immunities
    -147 Atk
    -Chlorophyll & Growth
    I ignore items in these examples because they are not intrinsic to types at all. But let me continue:
    - How exactly is Starmie so effective with its coverage and stats?
    - How is Haxorus's 147 base Attack good? Kyurem-B's base Attack is 170, yet that doesn't make it automatically go to and stay in ubers.
    - How exactly is Gengar so effective with its coverage and stats?

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

Grass is fine I like in fourth gen how Torterra is a dual type that you can use earthquake to take out poison and fire users. It also renders electric moves useless even though it was already 1/2 effective thats just one more thing you don't have to worry about. The only thing you have to really worry about is ice types they can really hit you hard!! You can also take out steel types with earthquake. So basicaly all you have to worry about are flying and bug and most importantly ICE.
    Go team excadrill digging to bedrock and beyond!!!

weak to poison due to pesticides. ya kno, like, agriculturally.
    anyway, grass shouldn't be weak to steel, because that is kinda too general. also, fire should be weak to flying water rock, not ground water rock. the gusts would put it out, but an earthquake wouldn't affect a fire, the rocks in the earthquake would affect the fire. finally, water having only two weaknesses is ridiculous, because thts too small for a starter. it should be hurt by poison. like oil spills and stuff. it contaminates water itself, and KILLS the animals and fish living in the water. like, how did nintendo not realize that one. LOL. but yea, its unfair tht grass has 5 weaknesses. Altho, im more of a fire guy.

EDIT:

WHAT?!? yEA OK THAT MAKES SENSE. 1 OF 3 STARTERS ARE GOOD. aright, first off, grass is amazing, considering it beats water types! lets see if ur Swapmert or Blastoise will withstans a solarbeam from venasaur, or a frenzy whip from sceptile. next, fire types kick ***! what, charizard isnt awesome enough? blaziken doesnt cut it? then what does? ok lets get real. all the types are equal (except for bug. we all hate u bug types! LOL) anyway, fire grass and water are equal. i think there should even be the move boil, cuz fire can vaporize water, so in reality, there equal. in quantity, and quality. but, since u said water is the strongest, let me play devil's advocate and say tht water is the worst. LOL

So grass is weak to steel? since when?
    Please stop talking about weaknesses I see that you don't even talk about resistances and water is a great type only 2 weaknesses (although common ones) and a great STAB.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Oak
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and the amount of zubat in caves, and I'm not sure about the former.
    Shortcut to damage calculator

Quote Originally Posted by Duranteater View Post
    ^Problem with Glaceon is despite its Kyurem-esque sp attack, it's very slow and has a limited movepool (sorta). Cryoganol can launch decent Ice Beams while being defensive at the same time as well.
    i think that debate could go around in circles depending on how you plan to use your ice type. Sure Cryoganol can withstand some fire type attacks but a solid rock/fight/steel type attack is going to crush it. Same with Glaceon, it can take some physical attack but a decent flamethrower would put it down.

B
    I like to breed to Pokemon (except IV breeding, i have no interest in it)*. If you have any requests please PM or email me and I will see what I can do to help you. I also have TONS of items.**

Email: pokemonmaster2385@gmail.com (please include "username" @ serebii forums in the heading)

Yeah, but without the Grass type in general, we wouldn't have Grass moves, so we better be thankful for them.
    Without the Grass-Type, Water/Ground Pokémon would obviously have another weakness or at least somewhat bad stats (like Sableye and Spiritomb)
    That or the metagame would be even more broke than it already is.

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Red Absol View Post
    Hehe, 2 of my favorite types as well along with grass, I will admit they are not the best overall but that would never stop me from using them :3
    Really? Nice to see another Bug-Type appreciator.

Quote Originally Posted by Nacreous View Post
    I've alywas found Grass starters to be the most interesting...Water type in general are very boring,everyone uses Surf or Waterfall and ingame you automatically teach them those moves because they are helpful but it makes them boring.Fire starters...I'm sick of the Fighting secondary type...Fire types in general are more diversified but still,Grass wins...not every Grass pkmn uses Leaf Storm,not every Grass pkmn uses Giga Drain...you have Bullet Seed users,Wood Hammer users,Leaf Blade users...it's different,plus the combinations it's what makes them exciting.Overall,Grass starters are the least boring.
    Exactly.
    Examples like sceptile who can learn a shitload of moves like iron tail, dragon claw, dig(i think) and more...
    A lot of grass types have the biggest movepools out there that aren't all one or two types, yet some people are too blind to see that.
    Went to the book store to get a Where's Waldo book.
    Couldn't find any.
    Well played Waldo...well played

Quote Originally Posted by AeroKorogu View Post
    Exactly.
    Examples like sceptile who can learn a shitload of moves like iron tail, dragon claw, dig(i think) and more...
    A lot of grass types have the biggest movepools out there that aren't all one or two types, yet some people are too blind to see that.
    agreed!

some of them have high stats that make those moves effective. One of my favorite grass types is Breloom. Sure it has a 4x weakness to flying but it can also learn thunder punch plus add in its poison heal ability and not only do you take away a weakness but you reverse it.

B

Exactly.
    Sceptile is a beast, also Meganium gets alot of undeserved hate. That thing is a Defensive Wall! and it can learn the walls + leach seed.

.: 3DS FC: 0490-5034-9209 :.
    .: DeviantART :: Graphics Thread :: Art Thread :: Art Shop :.

Water/Ground types.
    It does make it easier to take them out but is in no way necessary. They can still be taken out by powerful neutral attacks.

Exactly.
    Grass-types are actually notorious for having incredibly shallow/limited movepools. They normally consist of Grass, Normal and Poison types moves. There's a reason Grass-types are generally UU or NU.

Electric also beats Water, just sayin'.
    Obviously a Water-type is not going to be able to take a very powerful STAB super effective hit. What does that prove? Rayquaza sucks because it can be OHKO'd by a Glaceons' Blizzard? No.
    Nobody said anything about Charizard or Blaziken, and judging by your username/title, you are definitely defensive about people disrespecting Fire-types because you love them so much. Basically, your opinion is biased rather than objective meaning it's harder for people to take it seriously.
    Not every type is equal, not even close. Dragon and Steel types being 2 types in particular which are clearly superior to most types.
    Water is probably in the top 3 types in the game. At the very least top 5.
    Last edited by -Shinigami-; 15th November 2012 at 2:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Red Absol View Post
    ...also Meganium gets alot of undeserved hate. That thing is a Defensive Wall! and it can learn the walls + leach seed.
    I love Meganium. Sure it may not have the best bulk around, but for what its limits are, it's a pretty good starter Grass-type. (:

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

IMO, grass isnt bad. It actually realky balanced out my teams, since I found out adding a weakness to a generally bulky team (it had a huge weakness to water) made it even better
    everything has its quirks.

Water/Ground types.
    Spiritomb/Sableye/Eelektross, say: not its not.
    If something has only one weakness or none at all, it means it also has barely any resistances,

Quote Originally Posted by BritishWeavile View Post
    But the grass is perfectly fine. Except for being weak to poison which I don't get.
    I think it is based on logic, think about putting some chemicals on your lawn and watch a dead spot form.

Poison generally isn't good for living organic things, except things like Rock which aren't effected.
    Last edited by Tenshou; 15th November 2012 at 4:01 PM.

Never liked grass Pokemon, don't really have a reason other than there are other ways to get around rock/ground. Few grass Pokemon's stats impress me and the same can be said for their looks. I've never been one to factor in "coolness" when picking a party, but a lot of grass Pokes just look weak...
    WANT POKERUS? I can breed these starters/rares with Pokerus or pretty much anything you want:

Legendaries for trade:

Looking for:

Quote Originally Posted by youririshskin View Post
    but a lot of grass Pokes just look weak...
    Same goes to almost every type.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlathotep View Post

Same goes to almost every type.
    I mean, the game's directed towards children, so sure. But it seems to me like there's a higher percentage of grass "wimps" than others. Admittedly, I'm biased, but I already went over that.
    WANT POKERUS? I can breed these starters/rares with Pokerus or pretty much anything you want:

Legendaries for trade:

Looking for:

Quote Originally Posted by youririshskin View Post
    I mean, the game's directed towards children, so sure. But it seems to me like there's a higher percentage of grass "wimps" than others. Admittedly, I'm biased, but I already went over that.
    Its not directed specifically at children. They just make sure as many people as possible can get into it easily.

And yeah that is really subjective. There is more "fairy"-egg group pokes than others, maybe thats a better way to say it, but Normal has at least as many.

Oh, I wasn't implying that children are the only target audience (I'm 25, after all), but that children are the main audience, there is no doubt. Normal does have a lot of them too... I never liked that type either, hahaha.

Legendaries for trade:

Looking for:

Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324 LastLast