Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: "GRASS" the worst starter and possibly type??

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    Oh, it's definitely because of the in-game mechanics associated with the Grass type, though I know of some people who say Grass is the worst starter type due to its lack of ability to kill, too.
    Yeah they arent for sweeping. Sceptile and Torterra being rare exceptions.

Quote Originally Posted by OldManJenkins View Post
    Yeah they arent for sweeping. Sceptile and Torterra being rare exceptions.
    And Shaymin-S, Celebi, Victreebel, Venasaur, Tangrowth too

Quote Originally Posted by Duranteater View Post
    Victreebel
    Victreebel has poor Speed.
    Last edited by Seles; 7th October 2012 at 2:18 AM.

tumblr
    - i've claimed zelos wilder, xerneas, and tales of the abyss
    Omega Ruby team:

Quote Originally Posted by iliekmudkipz View Post
    Victreebel has poor Speed.
    Chlorophyll?

Chlorophyll?
    What if it doesn't have Chlorophyll, or it's raining/hailing/sandstorm?

tumblr
    Omega Ruby team:

What's the problem with grass? It's not a bad type, and its starters are relatively good.

The one thing that annoys me is how many are grass/poison, thus an added weakness to psychic. But they stopped in the later gens so it's alright.

Spoiler:- Credits:

Serperior is amazing with Contrary. This Serperior is ganna be on my team:

Royale@Big Route
    Timid
    Contrary
    EV Speed 250, EV Sp. Attk. 250, EV HP 4
    Aqua Tail/Dragon Pulse/Leaf Storm/Giga Drain

And that'll kick some major a**.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghirahim
    You have awoken an anguish that will burn for eons...

^can pack a bunch even without contrary, for that matter.
    Aahh I love that snake so much. Best grass pokemon ever, no joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Luann View Post
    ^can pack a bunch even without contrary, for that matter.
    Aahh I love that snake so much. Best grass pokemon ever, no joke.
    It indeed is. *immediately sends FR* It'a even serpent-like, which I love. It's also the serperior grass type... (pun intended x3)

This thread has crabs.

Quote Originally Posted by iliekmudkipz View Post
    What if it doesn't have Chlorophyll, or it's raining/hailing/sandstorm?
    why

why would you use a sweeping Victreebel without the one thing that makes a sweep possible

that's akin to using a Garchomp without any Ground or Dragon moves, you realize

Quote Originally Posted by a person View Post
    This thread has crabs.
    <3 sigged for epicness

And yes you make the point about Chlorophyll I mentioned!

And Shaymin-S, Celebi, Victreebel, Venasaur, Tangrowth too
    And exeggutor. But I was only listing starters.

Grass? That's not bad, Shaymin(Sky or otherwise) and Celebi are awesome in battle. And Sceptile is just cool. So is Serperior.

No, you want a bad type? Poison. Yeah, I get it, the 'mons are cool and all, but come on, it's type chart is seriously lacking.

Weak to: 2 types
    super effective against: 1 type
    resistant to: 4 types

Come on, effective against only one type? What kind of type coverage is that :/

I just think it's because Venusaur wasn't all too special back then, Meganium is awful, Sceptile is outclassed by other Grass types, Torterra has a crippling Ice Weakness, and Serperior is okay overall. In my opinion, Water has had the better starters while Fire has been the worst. The Grass starters are hit and miss.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    I just think it's because Venusaur wasn't all too special back then, Meganium is awful, Sceptile is outclassed by other Grass types, Torterra has a crippling Ice Weakness, and Serperior is okay overall. In my opinion, Water has had the better starters while Fire has been the worst. The Grass starters are hit and miss.
    Then again, Infernape is pretty good and Blaziken is Uber.

Quote Originally Posted by Brutaka View Post
    Then again, Infernape is pretty good and Blaziken is Uber.
    Still, Charizard takes damage so easily, Typhlosion is outclassed by other Fire types and can't do much on its own, and Emboar is outclassed by other bulky attackers. Then again, maybe I'm just giving Venusaur and Sceptile too much credit.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    Still, Charizard takes damage so easily, Typhlosion is outclassed by other Fire types and can't do much on its own, and Emboar is outclassed by other bulky attackers. Then again, maybe I'm just giving Venusaur and Sceptile too much credit.
    I play NU a lot, or i used to anyways, and if you did, you'd be terrified by Charizard and Emboar. Char is like the best sun pokemon in NU, and Emboar just one-shots your whole team regardless to what you have or what weather. If you ever play NU, never go in there without a fire-resist.

Quote Originally Posted by Treecko's Awesomeness View Post
    Must...resist...urge...to stab...

I disagree. Grass type Pokemon have their place, just like any other type. Try to face Torterra with one of the other Sinnoh starters
    Sure, lets see it take an Ice Beam from Empoleon or a Fire Blast from Infernape. Sweet argument dude. I will agree that all of the gen 1 starters and their lines looked amazing. For gen 2, Chikorita line was just horrible. Gen 3, Treeko and Grovile were kewl but Sceptile was just a mess. Gen 4 was weird too, Empoleon, Monferno and Ape looked pretty kewl, all the others were just derpy (excluding token baby evolutions). Gen 5 was a bit of a mess too (visually)

Quote Originally Posted by SapphireBlueEyes7799 View Post
    Serperior is amazing with Contrary. This Serperior is ganna be on my team:

Royale@Big Route
    Timid
    Contrary
    EV Speed 250, EV Sp. Attk. 250, EV HP 4
    Aqua Tail/Dragon Pulse/Leaf Storm/Giga Drain

And that'll kick some major a**.
    Never use big root

@lleftovers/life orb
    Timid
    252 sp.attack, 252 speed, 4 defense
    Countrary
    -Leaf Storm
    -Dragon Pulse
    -HP fire/HP fire
    -Subtitute/Leech Seed/Giga Drain

This set aims to make a sweep, Leaf Storm is a STAB 140 BP nasty plot which is amazing, Dragon Pulse is for coverage it was so lucky it got this most of serperior coverage problems are solved with it, HP fire beat most steel types except heatran HP ground is for heatran if you really hate him (like me), subtitute if you manage to get a sub and +2 people would probably rage quit (use with leftovers), leech seed is good for things on the switch you can't beat, Giga Drain is for recovery of life orb damage and also cause leaf storm have low PP.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Oak
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and the amount of zubat in caves, and I'm not sure about the former.
    Shortcut to damage calculator

Contrary Seperior. 'Nuff said

Fc: 3695-0172-1881

Quote Originally Posted by Prohawk View Post
    Sure, lets see it take an Ice Beam from Empoleon or a Fire Blast from Infernape Earthquake and Stone Edge say hi!. Sweet argument dude. I will agree that all of the gen 1 starters and their lines looked amazing. For gen 2, Chikorita line was just horrible All Johto starters were horrible, at least Chikorita could support. Gen 3, Treeko and Grovile were kewl but Sceptile was just a mess Ok, I can't argue with this, though I do have to say they weren't even "kewl". Gen 4 was weird too, Empoleon, Monferno and Ape looked pretty kewl, all the others were just derpy (excluding token baby evolutions). Gen 5 was a bit of a mess too (visually) Contrary Serperior says hi! (Nothing to do with the fact it at least looked good, Tepig was horrible)
    Stuff in bold is my way of arguing with you. Don't argue back and find a way to bypass this, it makes me use Defense Curl in the corner of my room.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan View Post
    Never use big root

@lleftovers/life orb
    Timid
    252 sp.attack, 252 speed, 4 defense
    Countrary
    -Leaf Storm
    -Dragon Pulse
    -HP fire/HP fire
    -Subtitute/Leech Seed/Giga Drain

This set aims to make a sweep, Leaf Storm is a STAB 140 BP nasty plot which is amazing, Dragon Pulse is for coverage it was so lucky it got this most of serperior coverage problems are solved with it, HP fire beat most steel types except heatran HP ground is for heatran if you really hate him (like me), subtitute if you manage to get a sub and +2 people would probably rage quit (use with leftovers), leech seed is good for things on the switch you can't beat, Giga Drain is for recovery of life orb damage and also cause leaf storm have low PP.
    Thanks, but...no thanks. Hidden Powers cause enough trouble for me, as I have barely the patience to do it
    And I like Big Root. Giga drain gets STAB from its grass typing and with being Timid and EVd in speed, it should go first before it could take damage, allowing it to heal itsself before taking any more damage. Steel types would be taken care of the ST Chandelure I'm going to get when I get access to wifi back. And Steel/Ground types, or a Pokemon such as Heatran, Fire/Ground, will be taken care of my Aqua Tail. EVd Sp. Attk. Would up the damage on that bad boy. And this is for my IN GAME TEAM, not PO, so I can't chage everything likw that......

Anyways, you can't say all Grass types are bad. Fo do what I do and spam Cotton Guard on Whimsicott ^^

Quote Originally Posted by SapphireBlueEyes7799 View Post
    Thanks, but...no thanks. Hidden Powers cause enough trouble for me, as I have barely the patience to do it
    And I like Big Root. Giga drain gets STAB from its grass typing and with being Timid and EVd in speed, it should go first before it could take damage, allowing it to heal itsself before taking any more damage. Steel types would be taken care of the ST Chandelure I'm going to get when I get access to wifi back. And Steel/Ground types, or a Pokemon such as Heatran, Fire/Ground, will be taken care of my Aqua Tail. EVd Sp. Attk. Would up the damage on that bad boy. And this is for my IN GAME TEAM, not PO, so I can't chage everything likw that......

Anyways, you can't say all Grass types are bad. Fo do what I do and spam Cotton Guard on Whimsicott ^^
    Big root heals less than leftovers.. there isn't a coutrary serperior as of now anyway...
    Aqua tail is PHYSICAL and you are boosting SPECIAL ATTACK (and serperior have a pathetic Attack of 75 (also special attack but you can boost it so it isn't that bad) it is not going to hurt heatran IMAO or any steel type specially ferrothorn without HP you are badly walled.
    I always talks about PO cause there you can make good sets easily.

anyway serperior is no way bad also without countrary serperior is one of the best screeners.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Oak
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and the amount of zubat in caves, and I'm not sure about the former.
    Shortcut to damage calculator

Quote Originally Posted by a person View Post
    This thread has crabs.

why

why would you use a sweeping Victreebel without the one thing that makes a sweep possible

that's akin to using a Garchomp without any Ground or Dragon moves, you realize
    I don't know why, but someone out there would.

tumblr
    Omega Ruby team:

*facedesks* Why do I always think Aqua Tail is Special...

Still. Serperior is amazing.

Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast