Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 225 of 583

Thread: "GRASS" the worst starter and possibly type??

  1. #201
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Smelling the cat food
    Posts
    9,234

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    I just think it's because Venusaur wasn't all too special back then
    Leech Seed.

    Quote Originally Posted by TherianForm View Post
    Contrary Seperior.
    Doesn't exist.

    Quote Originally Posted by SapphireBlueEyes7799 View Post
    Thanks, but...no thanks. Hidden Powers cause enough trouble for me, as I have barely the patience to do it
    And I like Big Root. Giga drain gets STAB from its grass typing and with being Timid and EVd in speed, it should go first before it could take damage, allowing it to heal itsself before taking any more damage.
    PRNG manipulation.

    As for Big Root, you could, y'know, boost your primary sweeping move. Or, better yet, get 1/16th of your health back every turn without doing anything particularly special, like using a move with half the power of your normal sweeping move.

    Quote Originally Posted by SapphireBlueEyes7799 View Post
    Steel types would be taken care of the ST Chandelure I'm going to get when I get access to wifi back.
    Said Pokemon do not exist legitimately.

    Quote Originally Posted by SapphireBlueEyes7799 View Post
    And this is for my IN GAME TEAM, not PO, so I can't chage everything likw that......
    You can't breed Pokemon?

    Quote Originally Posted by iliekmudkipz View Post
    I don't know why, but someone out there would.
    You're saying all Victreebels suck at sweeping because some morons don't use them correctly?

    Really?

  2. #202
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Parilia City
    Posts
    2,795

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brutaka View Post
    No, you want a bad type? Poison. Yeah, I get it, the 'mons are cool and all, but come on, it's type chart is seriously lacking.

    Weak to: 2 types
    super effective against: 1 type
    resistant to: 4 types

    Come on, effective against only one type? What kind of type coverage is that :/
    Is Poison really that bad because of its lack of types that it is super effective against? Doesn't it have the poison status ailment that makes up for this at least somewhat?

    Anyway, most Grass-type Pokémon can be used effectively if they have the right movesets and items. Whether or not they're obtainable (Chlorophyll Venusaur) or implemented but unobtainable (Contrary Serperior) doesn't affect this.





    [IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

  3. #203
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    None of your bizness
    Posts
    830

    Default

    I think personally that the Type chart is broken as it is now. Yes some Types Have to better than others for the hierarchy of things but there are some that just completely better than others for no real reason. ex. Steel having so many resistances while Ice has only 1. Fighting being super effective against various other Types while Poison being only super effective against 1. It's completely unfair.


    FC: 4699-6505-4258
    IGN: Diva

  4. #204
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Canada froze
    Posts
    6,631

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cascadethewarrior View Post
    I think personally that the Type chart is broken as it is now. Yes some Types Have to better than others for the hierarchy of things but there are some that just completely better than others for no real reason. ex. Steel having so many resistances while Ice has only 1. Fighting being super effective against various other Types while Poison being only super effective against 1. It's completely unfair.
    Not all types will be both offensive and defensive, Steel is more defensive but has pitiful coverage while Ice hits common types at the same suffers from the defensive roles (Cryoganol is an exception). Besides imagine if we didn't have Steel and Dark!

  5. #205
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    487

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Duranteater View Post
    Not all types will be both offensive and defensive, Steel is more defensive but has pitiful coverage while Ice hits common types at the same suffers from the defensive roles (Cryoganol is an exception). Besides imagine if we didn't have Steel and Dark!
    *imagines gen 1*


    Quote Originally Posted by Professor Oak
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and the amount of zubat in caves, and I'm not sure about the former.
    Shortcut to damage calculator

  6. #206
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    corn country
    Posts
    3,832

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    Is Poison really that bad because of its lack of types that it is super effective against? Doesn't it have the poison status ailment that makes up for this at least somewhat?
    In a way, yes. They also are immune to it, which is decent -- it also covers Toxic, thankfully, although Toxic rarely comes up ingame unless you use it, I think. Even immunity to the potentially very annoying Toxic doesn't measure up to burn immunity, though, which is kind of sad.
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

    The usual links

  7. #207
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Canada froze
    Posts
    6,631

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ilan View Post
    *imagines gen 1*
    Think about the Psychics like Mewtwo, Latios, etc, it would be a bit scary IMO!

  8. #208
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Parilia City
    Posts
    2,795

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cascadethewarrior View Post
    I think personally that the Type chart is broken as it is now. Yes some Types Have to better than others for the hierarchy of things but there are some that just completely better than others for no real reason. ex. Steel having so many resistances while Ice has only 1. Fighting being super effective against various other Types while Poison being only super effective against 1. It's completely unfair.
    As I've mentioned before, you can't expect a type to be good at everything. Poison has the poison status, Fighting has its coverage, and Ice has its freeze and general neutral coverage against things.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cenobitic View Post
    In a way, yes. They also are immune to it, which is decent -- it also covers Toxic, thankfully, although Toxic rarely comes up ingame unless you use it, I think. Even immunity to the potentially very annoying Toxic doesn't measure up to burn immunity, though, which is kind of sad.
    It's true that many view the advantages that Poison has as not all that interesting compared to the advantages that Fire has. But the point is that these advantages make the type chart fair, since each type does have advantages over others, regardless of how little they may be.





    [IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

  9. #209
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    In the Darkness...
    Posts
    698

    Default

    Person, I can breed but all that'd be difficult. Anyways Chandelure, even if it isn't ST, can take care of Steel ._.

    I still think grass is amazing. Poison isn't all THAT bad...

    Quote Originally Posted by Ghirahim
    You have awoken an anguish that will burn for eons...

  10. #210
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Parilia City
    Posts
    2,795

    Default

    Unreleased Dream World Pokémon should be included in the formation of an opinion of whether or not a type is bad. They may not be available as of now, but they will be available in the future with the same types and the same type interactions.





    [IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

  11. #211
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    None of your bizness
    Posts
    830

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Duranteater View Post
    Not all types will be both offensive and defensive, Steel is more defensive but has pitiful coverage while Ice hits common types at the same suffers from the defensive roles (Cryoganol is an exception). Besides imagine if we didn't have Steel and Dark!
    11+ an immunity compared to 1 resistance seems a bit much of a difference even if one was designed to be an defensive Type while the other wasn't. And what about Poison Type? It's not really a offensive or a defensive Type.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    As I've mentioned before, you can't expect a type to be good at everything. Poison has the poison status, Fighting has its coverage, and Ice has its freeze and general neutral coverage against things.

    Just having a the ability to inflict a status doesn't really justify the brokenness of the Type chart not to mention all moves that have a chance to inflict the freeze status are pitifully small.


    FC: 4699-6505-4258
    IGN: Diva

  12. #212
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3,236

    Default

    I find amusing no one mentioned Bug as the worst type yet.

    Of course it is not, but I see a lot of hatred towards the type.

  13. #213
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Parilia City
    Posts
    2,795

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cascadethewarrior View Post
    Just having a the ability to inflict a status doesn't really justify the brokenness of the Type chart not to mention all moves that have a chance to inflict the freeze status are pitifully small.
    Just having the ability to inflict a status doesn't really justify saying that the type chart is broken, either. If the type chart really were broken, then nobody would use Poison-type moves or Poison-type Pokémon since it would be strictly outclassed by other types of moves and Pokémon. Yet, Toxic, Sludge Wave, and Crobat are still pretty widely used.





    [IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

  14. #214
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    None of your bizness
    Posts
    830

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    Just having the ability to inflict a status doesn't really justify saying that the type chart is broken, either. If the type chart really were broken, then nobody would use Poison-type moves or Poison-type Pokémon since it would be strictly outclassed by other types of moves and Pokémon. Yet, Toxic, Sludge Wave, and Crobat are still pretty widely used.
    A lot of people use Poison Type moves on Poison type Pokemon because of STAB. Nobody really uses Poison Type damaging moves outside of Poison Type Pokemon. That's just it, Poison is outclassed by plenty of other Types. The Poison status itself is really not tied down to the Poison Types exclusively, just as paralysis is not tied down to the Electric Type exclusively so it's not as if they have the advantage over anything. They could easily make a different Type move and stick the poison status on it.


    FC: 4699-6505-4258
    IGN: Diva

  15. #215
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Parilia City
    Posts
    2,795

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cascadethewarrior View Post
    A lot of people use Poison Type moves on Poison type Pokemon because of STAB. Nobody really uses Poison Type damaging moves outside of Poison Type Pokemon. That's just it, Poison is outclassed by plenty of other Types. The Poison status itself is really not tied down to the Poison Types exclusively, just as paralysis is not tied down to the Electric Type exclusively so it's not as if they have the advantage over anything. They could easily make a different Type move and stick the poison status on it.
    Poison having a lower usage than Fighting doesn't mean that Poison is outclassed. Fighting isn't good at inflicting status ailments, so other types are used to inflict them. It doesn't mean that Fighting is "outclassed" by Poison, Fire, Ice, and Electric because of its inability to inflict status ailments.

    Yes, it's very easy to make a non-Poison-type move that poisons the target. But as of now, besides moves with "gimmicks" such as Secret and Nature Power, it is restricted to the Poison type. Only when a new generation of Pokémon and moves comes out with non-Poison-type poisoning moves should non-Poison-type poisoning moves factor into the equation.





    [IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

  16. #216
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Smelling the cat food
    Posts
    9,234

    Default

    It should be noted that Toxic is learned by literally every Pokemon with a pulse, as well many without one.

  17. #217
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Parilia City
    Posts
    2,795

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by a person View Post
    It should be noted that Toxic is learned by literally every Pokemon with a pulse, as well many without one.
    It's arguable that such an implementation was done out of pity, but I'd say that that would make the Poison type even more prominent on possible movesets of Pokémon, if anything.





    [IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

  18. #218
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Cyberspace
    Posts
    1,053

    Default

    Grass type by itself is awful, but when comboed with another type, it can be handy.
    Just look at Ferrothorn.
        Spoiler:- My Website + Ask.fm:

  19. #219
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    None of your bizness
    Posts
    830

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    Poison having a lower usage than Fighting doesn't mean that Poison is outclassed. Fighting isn't good at inflicting status ailments, so other types are used to inflict them.
    How is that an excuse? They are the ones who designed the Types so who says fighting is bad at inflicting status ailments?

    It doesn't mean that Fighting is "outclassed" by Poison, Fire, Ice, and Electric because of its inability to inflict status ailments.
    As for
    I never said Fighting was outclassed and actually fighting can inflict a status ailment just look at Force Palm. The status ailments aren't exclusive to a single Type.

    Yes, it's very easy to make a non-Poison-type move that poisons the target. But as of now, besides moves with "gimmicks" such as Secret and Nature Power, it is restricted to the Poison type. Only when a new generation of Pokémon and moves comes out with non-Poison-type poisoning moves should non-Poison-type poisoning moves factor into the equation.
    But the possibility is still there, there is no rule saying that poison status must remain exclusive to the Poison Type.

    I have a question though, by your logic you are saying that the Poison Type gimmick of inflicting the poison status is what makes up for it's lack of offense and defense, correct? but what about Fire Type? Fire Type is super effective against 4 Types and resists 5 and to add to that most moves that inflict burn are Fire Type moves.
    Last edited by cascadethewarrior; 8th October 2012 at 1:18 AM.


    FC: 4699-6505-4258
    IGN: Diva

  20. #220
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Parilia City
    Posts
    2,795

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cascadethewarrior View Post
    How is that an excuse? They are the ones who designed the Types so who says fighting is bad at inflicting status ailments?
    The Fighting type is "bad" at inflicting status ailments as it has very, very few moves that can inflict one. Ice has Powder Snow, Ice Beam, Blizzard, Ice Fang, and Ice Punch, among others; Fire has Fire Fang, Fire Blast, Flamethrower, Ember, and Fire Punch; Grass has Stun Spore, Spore, Sleep Powder, PoisonPowder; Electric has Spark, Thunder, Thunderbolt, Thundershock, ThunderPunch, Thunder Wave...

    Poison has Toxic, Sludge, Sludge Bomb, Sludge Wave, Poison Gas, and Smog.

    I never said Fighting was outclassed and actually fighting can inflict a status ailment just look at Force Palm. The status ailments aren't exclusive to a single Type.
    I know the status ailments themselves aren't type-exclusive and that Game Freak could just make new moves in the future that inflict poison but is a Flying-type or something like that. But such moves would have to be created later, and it's each of the types now and their moves now that are being focused on.

    Out of every move that can inflict poison without any special modifier, only one is not Poison-type, and Twinneedle is very rarely used. Therefore, poison is pretty much the only type that can inflict poison reliably, and thus has that to back it up.

    I have a question though, by your logic you are saying that the Poison Type gimmick of inflicting the poison status is what makes up for it's lack of offense and defense, correct? but what about Fire Type? Fire Type is super effective against 4 Types and resists 5 and to add to that most moves that inflict burn are Fire Type moves.
    I didn't say anything about a type having more things going for it strictly outclassing one that has less things going for it. Yes, Fire-type moves generally can burn and generally have high power, and Fire does have more things going for it than Poison does. But none of that means, explicitly or implicitly, that Poison is outclassed by any other type.





    [IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

  21. #221

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BNator92 View Post
    Grass type by itself is awful, but when comboed with another type, it can be handy.
    Just look at Ferrothorn.
    Ferrothorn still sucks.

  22. #222
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Smelling the cat food
    Posts
    9,234

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BritishWeavile View Post
    Ferrothorn still sucks.
    cool story bro

    tell it again

  23. #223
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Olivine City, Johto
    Posts
    4,287

    Default

    I agree, they absolutely blow "no pun intended" i usually avoid them now.
    Latest AmourShipping AMV
    Proud Multishipper / I would Also like to thank Larvitarr from tumblr who created this sig


    Isn't everything we do in life a way to be loved a little more? ~ Before Sunset
    ChatanGo | BulbaGarden Forums | MyAnimeList | PSNProfiles | Youtube | Last.FM

  24. #224
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    487

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BritishWeavile View Post
    Ferrothorn still sucks.
    really? give me 1 reason why you think it sucks ( a fire weakness isn't a good enough reason).

    @above: why you avoid grass type? cause they have some weaknesses so? so are other pokemons you just need to play around it every type have his set of resistances useful STABs Grass type is no exception it isn't the best type but to outright avoid it? I don't think there should be a reason to do so it is the only type to resist water and e SE against water.
    Last edited by Ilan; 8th October 2012 at 3:22 PM.


    Quote Originally Posted by Professor Oak
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and the amount of zubat in caves, and I'm not sure about the former.
    Shortcut to damage calculator

  25. #225
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The Enterprise
    Posts
    2,789

    Default

    are u guys kidding me!
    grass is kickgrass (little pun)
    my best pokemon is a venusaur.
    and grass pokemon have the widest array of healing ie. giga drain, leech seed, ingrain, synthesis, various abilities
    yeah other types can heal but grass has the biggest selection.
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me or take a look at the information in my profile.

Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •