Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is TV really as bad as people say they are?

Hybrid View

Default Is TV really as bad as people say they are?

Okay, i been on youtube a lot, and iv'e noticed a considerable amount of hate on Nickelodeon, Cartoon Network, etc. But, a lot of the stuff they focus on only applies to the bad stuff. (Like Live action on CN for ex.)
    Here's a list of "good time, no alcohol required" shows that come on. (IMO)

Doctor Who
    Pokemon(IMO, IMO)
    Adventure Time
    Regular Show
    Green Lantern: The Animated Series
    Young Justice
    The new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles cartoon
    My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic (depends on if you like flash animation and magical stuff. .__.)

Quote Originally Posted by NintendoCoke View Post
    Here's a list of "good time, no alcohol required" shows that come on. (IMO)
    Doctor Who
    Pokemon(IMO, IMO)
    These are bad shows though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    These are bad shows though.
    You forgot to remove Doctor Who, silly. I'm sure that was just an instance of your carelessness.

Fantastic thread, by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by kochoupink View Post
    Is subject-verb agreement really important as they says it are?
    Love it. <3
    Last edited by The Eleventh; 1st October 2012 at 10:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Eleventh View Post
    Fantastic thread, by the way.
    You're quite welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyUmbreon189 View Post
    I don't care for TV no more not even Pokemon anymore. They kinda just ruined the Pokemon anime as a whole when they got rid of Brock and Misty and went downhill for the worst. If you pay for cable you get a lot of paid programming channels and about 20 regular channels. Most programs are ruining they're reputation imo. I don't watch TV at all really because of it. All you see is bs reality TV, dumb stuff on the History channel that relates to nothing about History and other Programs that added more reality TV after MTV. I have lost all mutual respect for the television program industries. Same with music industries.
    I pretty much agree, expect for the part about Pokemon. I know it's your opinion, but it really didn't go downhill until season 10.

Quote Originally Posted by NintendoCoke View Post
    I pretty much agree, expect for the part about Pokemon. I know it's your opinion, but it really didn't go downhill until season 10.

Which one is season 10? I think it started going downhill after the Advanced or whatever it's called I'm not too familiar with the seasons. But the first seasons were really good like Kanto, Orange Islands, and Johto, some Hoenn was ok but not as good as the other 3. After that it started getting like, "Uh, ya I'm not gonna watch it anymore."
    My Soundcloud

My ReverbNation

Music & Musicians Alliance Club

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyUmbreon189 View Post
    Which one is season 10?
    Pokemon Diamond&Pearl.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122
    Dark Pit isn't that bad of an inclusion, you'll get over it trust me.

I don't care for TV no more not even Pokemon anymore. They kinda just ruined the Pokemon anime as a whole when they got rid of Brock and Misty and went downhill for the worst. If you pay for cable you get a lot of paid programming channels and about 20 regular channels. Most programs are ruining they're reputation imo. I don't watch TV at all really because of it. All you see is bs reality TV, dumb stuff on the History channel that relates to nothing about History and other Programs that added more reality TV after MTV. I have lost all mutual respect for the television program industries. Same with music industries.
    My Soundcloud

My ReverbNation

Music & Musicians Alliance Club

Is subject-verb agreement really important as they says it are?
    How did the mathematician solve his constipation problem?
    He worked it out with a pencil.

Anyone who still complains about either CN, Nickelodeon, or Disney, has shown that they have yet to grow up.
    It's no longer 2008 people.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBattleFrontierAsh1 View Post
    Anyone who still complains about either CN, Nickelodeon, or Disney, has shown that they have yet to grow up.
    I agree, I see no hate toward Nickelodeon.

But TV has adjusted to today's Generation.

Quote Originally Posted by Savanny
    This place is deader than my pets I have buried in the backyard...

It's pretty much the same crap as it was in 2008 dressed up in a different 2012 package with just a few goodies here and there. Cartoons these days do not cater to the adults forced to watch them because of their kids. The only ones that try anymore are Regular Show, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, and Adventure Time. Back in the 90s there were loads of shows that catered to the adult audience. To name a few: Looney Tunes, Powerpuff Girls, Animaniacs, Dragonball Z, Johnny Bravo, Tom & Jerry... The list goes on, really. Cartoons nowadays are an insult to peoples' intelligence.

TV in general has been in decline ever since shows like Survivor and Big Brother came on. (Not saying Survivor is terrible, just bear with me) Network programming has been reduced to reality TV shows and crime shows since then.

I'm sorry but the fact that there is My Little Pony in your signature makes your television opinions mean zero to me.

Disney, for one, used to have all kinds of good cartoons that were great, like Kim Possible and Recess, now it's all sh*tty sitcoms that are boring as hell and not funny whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister_SGG View Post
    I'm sorry but the fact that there is My Little Pony in your signature makes your television opinions mean zero to me.

Disney, for one, used to have all kinds of good cartoons that were great, like Kim Possible and Recess, now it's all sh*tty sitcoms that are boring as hell and not funny whatsoever.
    They're aren't funny because you're not the demographic audience, that and this is a completely different generation.

Quote Originally Posted by Ducklett12 View Post
    But TV has adjusted to today's Generation.
    And today's generation sucks.

I rarely watch TV anymore mainly because there is nothing on I want to watch, good and bad, and I just don't like a lot of the shows anyway. I just hate how the standards have gotten rather low and crude. I foresee a day where regular television will be trash, and thus I won't have the television anymore outside of watching movies or playing video games. And even then, online streaming has gotten popular to the point TV ratings have been dropping steadily. The Internet will replace the TV if that keeps up.

Yeah, my reasons are "lame", but I have been distancing myself from the television since high school if only because, again, shows suck these days. I'm sure it'd be better to be a couch potato than sitting at my desk surfing the web aimlessly all day (since my parents would be seeing me constantly), but I don't know, and I don't care at this point.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Last Chance - 11/3/11 - Chapter 20 progress: 75%
    I survived Pupa.

Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    And today's generation sucks.

I rarely watch TV anymore mainly because there is nothing on I want to watch, good and bad, and I just don't like a lot of the shows anyway. I just hate how the standards have gotten rather low and crude. I foresee a day where regular television will be trash, and thus I won't have the television anymore outside of watching movies or playing video games. And even then, online streaming has gotten popular to the point TV ratings have been dropping steadily. The Internet will replace the TV if that keeps up.

Yeah, my reasons are "lame", but I have been distancing myself from the television since high school if only because, again, shows suck these days. I'm sure it'd be better to be a couch potato than sitting at my desk surfing the web aimlessly all day (since my parents would be seeing me constantly), but I don't know, and I don't care at this point.
    I do TOTALLY agree with this!

TV now just doesn't have that kind of "feeling" anymore...

Do most of the people saying "today's cartoons suck, yesterday's were better" even remember most of the stuff that came on back then ? Because all I see are name dropping the same few Nicktoons, Cartoons Cartoons, and Animaniacs/Recess. How many of them still watch these shows anyway or have even sat down and watched through them all recently ? Why should the opinions of people who clearly don't watch a lot of or know much about cartoons, be given so that much weight in the discussion of the quality of today's cartoons. (Yes I take my damn cartoons way too seriously)

The only real issue with cartoons today it's that they aren't as popular with the kids, and there are less channels to show them (since broadcast has abandoned cartoons) so less are getting made. Yes I miss the 90s, but the whining is getting a little old.

Watch me tumble stuff:
    http://catharsiscat.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Glass Eye View Post
    Do most of the people saying "today's cartoons suck, yesterday's were better" even remember most of the stuff that came on back then ? Because all I see are name dropping the same few Nicktoons, Cartoons Cartoons, and Animaniacs/Recess. How many of them still watch these shows anyway or have even sat down and watched through them all recently ? Why should the opinions of people who clearly don't watch a lot of or know much about cartoons, be given so that much weight in the discussion of the quality of today's cartoons. (Yes I take my damn cartoons way too seriously)

The only real issue with cartoons today it's that they aren't as popular with the kids, and there are less channels to show them (since broadcast has abandoned cartoons) so less are getting made. Yes I miss the 90s, but the whining is getting a little old.
    Even though I do "whine" about the Cartoons today, I do agree with this.

The whining is getting a little old... >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Mister_SGG View Post

Thanks for reminding me about sitcoms. I forgot to go after them too. Sitcoms these days are generally trying to force-feed Hollywood's morals on the rest of the world. Rarely will something be funny.

Beavis and Butthead is a fun show to watch with friends.

I don't know what everyone else thinks but I think Nick is finally taking a step in the right direction with the TMNT show.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    I don't know what everyone else thinks but I think Nick is finally taking a step in the right direction with the TMNT show.
    I agree. It's really good.

No... I watch Tv all the time and i'm fine... x)

Tv has come a LONG way. Most tv shows are bad, like the Jersey Show, but not all of them are bad. (IMO)

"i know how to use a sword!" - tumblr
    - i've claimed zelos wilder and tales of the abyss

Quote Originally Posted by The Eleventh View Post
    You forgot to remove Doctor Who, silly. I'm sure that was just an instance of your carelessness.
    Agreed. It's not my cup of tea, but saying it's a bad show is just, no. As for Pokemon. It was ALWAYS a bad show. IMO

I don't watch much TV, except for the occasional Pawn Stars, Worlds Dumbest, Ridiculousness, and Face-Off (Which is Project Runway for cool people), but as for today's cartoons, I rarely watch at all. There are some I can tolerate, but most of them are really stupid, but then again were kind of stupid back then, too. But we watched them anyway cause we were kids back then.

I must say, I am 110% against this action, I mean, quoting Wikipedia, '' A world of free knowledge will be lost ''. I say screw SOPA and PIPA, and all who agrees with me, sig this! We all detest the bill and will fight for the freedom of the Internet!

This is Bidoof. Many people loathe it with their lives. If you are of the few people who love this little beaver, put this in your sig. Started by Warrior Scolipede

The whining isn't getting old. The people who keep talking despite not knowing what they're talking about is getting old.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast