Thread: Arceus creator of universe: Fact or myth?

Default Arceus creator of universe: Fact or myth?

This topic got closed for being in the wrong section and was becoming very active. I think this might be the right section for it.

I'm sure lots of you ask the same question.

Please respect everyone's theory.

I believe the legend is a myth. The way I see it is GameFreak is basing the game off of the scientists discoveries in game. Now before you say, "GameFreak says it so it's true." Think of it like this. GameFreak knows how the Pokemon universe was created and what created it because they made it. But in the game the scientist "GameFreak"come up with theories from studies to how Arceus could of created the universe. There's elders all over the region telling the player about it but claiming it's a myth. There is no in proof game to prove me that Arceus created the universe. If Arceus did create the universe then the scientist can't prove it because they weren't there.

So do you think the legend is a myth or fact, and do you believe GameFreak bases the studies off of scientific discoveries? Discuss.
    I you believe its a fact then I would like proof.

This is some good grass dude!

um do you mean i game or real life?
    in game yes i think arceus did create the universe.
    arceus then created palkia, dialga, giratina, kyogre, groudon, rayquaza, ho-oh, lugia and mew
    i think that arceus creates demigods to assist in the creation of pokearth
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me or take a look at the information in my profile.

Quote Originally Posted by ansem the wise View Post
    um do you mean i game or real life?
    in game yes i think arceus did create the universe.
    arceus then created palkia, dialga, giratina, kyogre, groudon, rayquaza, ho-oh, lugia and mew
    i think that arceus creates demigods to assist in the creation of pokearth
    Yes I'm talkin about in game lol. Why do you think Arceus created the universe give me some info to back your theory up.

This is some good grass dude!

I believe it is fact. In the games of course

It's stated in the Pokedex, but the Pokedex isn't always true.

a very important video - tumblr
    - i've claimed zelos wilder and tales of the abyss

That might be a fact, if Gamefreak decide to not create any other game of Pokemon.
    http://zir1402.deviantart.com/
    3DS: 0576-4785-2902
    IGN: Fabio

I think that Acreus creator of the universe is purely a fact.

All credits for BT's Army Against Arrogance Banner goes to Brutaka.
    All Credits to Black Terminator's Region Express banner goes to Sworn Metalhead

It must be fact in game cause arceus shaped the world and made the lake trio, to create emotions, wisdom, willpower,then dialga,plakia to maintain the flow of time and space then probably made most the legendarys to help it.

I thought Game Freak created the Pokemon universe...You can go to their headquarters and ask them; it's in Celadon city.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this into your sig if you are too.†

Well saying the Arceus is the one guy that made it all is kinda just throwing everything they have into one Pokemon. The thing is, in every game there's almost always a Pokemon that's the creator or guardian of something.

But I think it's most likely that Arceus didn't create the Universe. This is simply because it is a Pokemon that you can capture and control. Why would the creator of everything listen to whatever person hacks an Azure Flute and throws a Masterball at it? If we want to think of things too much, it is probably a Pokemon that just represents the Creator of the Universe, or is a messenger or idol of the never to be known diety that created the world of Pokemon.

Now more indepth, did Arceus create people? No. Why would it? They just capture Pokemon. Most likely something created Arceus. But that's just me.

But in the end, remember, this is just a game, so it doesn't really matter. We just need to enjoy it for what we see and not waste too much time spectulating.
    Friend Safari: Snorunt, Bergmite, Cloyster
    Friend Code: 0860-3745-2173

Credit to Robert

I have no doubt Arceus had a hand in creating the Pokemon World, partly because his position as a deity has not yet been challenged. The mythos specifically states that Arceus was birthed from space or a perennial void, much like our modern science is trending towards saying. So the question may perhaps remain: Is Arceus just a deistic figure, or a larger metaphor for both objects of worship and common scientific principles such as the Higgs Boson?

In the long run, I tend not to think about it. He's like a bag of skittles - you either like Him or not.

Creating sentience is simple. Accepting it, however, is harder than it looks.

Arceus created the universe. Evidence of this is found in the HG/SS event, when it creates a SECOND giratina/dialga/palkia, or at least lets you witness of the creation of the Original dialga for Sinnoh, its hard to say as there is no indication of timelines within the game. playing through HG could be YEARS before your character begins his/her journey through sinnoh? Who knows... I might start a thread on it!

and spudnugget, are you perhaps referring to the common phrase used to describe marmite? I for one love both Arceus and Marmite! XD
    Hey guys, please sign up to my RPG The Archetype, we need more members!

Spoiler:- text:

I am a proud member of Join the fight.
    Credit goes to Avenger Angel for making the RP's awesome banner. Thanks Bron and Neo for the awesome RP

Wasn't mew the pokemon that created all other pokemon?

I think Arceus created Mew first, and the two built the pokemon universe.
    My DWF's (Will Trade For DWF's I Don't Have)
    KANTO FAMILY
    Magikarp, Abra, Vulpix, Eevee, Poliwag, Seel, Ponyta, Dratini, Pidgey, Slowpoke, Lickitung, Igglybuff, Tangela, Growlithe, Oddish, Remoraid, Mr. Mime
    JOHTO FAMILY
    Swinub, Sunkern, Houndour, Sneasel, Shuckle, Hoothoot, Spinarak, Snubbull
    HOENN FAMILY
    Makuhita, Aron, Bagon, Whismur, Shroomish, Wurmple, Seedot, Swablu, Shuppet, Snorunt, Nincada, Clamperl, Illumise
    SINNOH FAMILY
    Drifloon, Gible, Spiritomb, Riolu, Snover
    UNVOA FAMILY
    Sandile, Karrablast, Scraggy, Roggenrola, Pawniard, Foongus, Munna, Sigilyph, Stunfisk, Basculin, Drilbur, Vanillite

Before the debates about which one happened, I assumed one of two things.

1. Mew was the one who laid the egg amidst the chaos of time and space, which contained Arceus.

2. Mew is actually the ancestor of all EARTHLY Pokemon, and has no relation to the space/time trio, Elgyem, or Deoxys.
    even if we don't understand each other, that's not a reason to reject each other. There are two sides to any argument. Is there one point of view that has all the answers? Give it some thought.
    ^ Why Alder is my favorite champion.

I never took the myth literally to be honest. I like Arceus, but I don't credit him with creating the Universe. I've always just assumed that he was the true creator of Sinnoh and that all the other myths were just that; myths. Pure exaggerations by the folks of Sinnoh to explain certain phenomena.

It's the Pokémon god ... Altought it's very weak in the Game
    http://www.xtmmo.com

Yes.
    1.The big bang thing in the movie.
    2.He soloed Dialga,Palkia,and Giratina who control time,space,and antimatter and together created a universe,so Arceus being able to make a universe actually is possible.

You know, if a myth appears in a work of fiction, it is almost always true in-universe. If Sinnoh myths were not true, then the Dragon trio, the lake trio and Arceus should not even exist in the games. Also, the fact that in the games Dialga/Palkia were clearly seen creating a galaxy (or something like that) at Spear Pillar, AND (as someone else said) the fact that Arceus could create an entirely new dragon in HG/SS points towards Arceus being the creator of the Pokémon universe.
    Also, I don't get why people think Mew created the Pokémon World. Mew was never meant to represent a deity, it was more like the idea of the origin of life on Earth and evolution. Just read its Pokédex entries (I know, the Pokédex is sometimes unreliable but it's better than speculation). Every one of them talks about Mew being a common ancestor and sharing its DNA with the other Pokémon. It is never stated that Mew created the world or something like that.
    Just think about Arceus as God (christians, don't kill me D8) and Mew as the very first living thing on earth (like a bacteria or something).
    Miiverse is addictive~
    Click Ran if you want to visit my Void c:
    I'm not a native english speaker, so I'm sorry if I make mistakes.

Just a note.Arceus is in no way,shape,or form similar to the Christian God.

Quote Originally Posted by Born Better View Post
    Just a note.Arceus is in no way,shape,or form similar to the Christian God.
    Yeah, I knew that. It is actually based in a chinese legend or something. I made a REALLY bad comparison (and that "christians don't kill me" comment didn't help either) 83
    Still, my point is that Arceus is meant to represent a creator god.
    Miiverse is addictive~
    Click Ran if you want to visit my Void c:
    I'm not a native english speaker, so I'm sorry if I make mistakes.

Mew created all pokemon; Arceus created most regions, but Dialga/Palkia created Sinnoh.
    Currently Residing in the orange islands.

Fire is the key to life.