Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: The Fear Thread

Default The Fear Thread

I thought this would be a good idea for a thread. Basically because fear does odd things that affects our daily lives. Wether small or large, it affects our decisions in regards to actions we take. To some people, it can go so far as to alter life decsions they make, while sometimes the fears we have can simply change the route some take home from work.

I'll start. I'm completely terrified of tornados. Spinning columns of air that can completely demolish cars, buildings, and homes. I think the root of my fear is based on the tornado that I saw. I was traveling down the interstate during a severe thunderstorm, when suddenly this finger of god reached down and touched the road. I saw cars, trees, and chunks of building thrown in all directions. Luckily, I was far enough down the road that it didn't get close to me, but the image of that scene has stuck with me for a long time. Now when my county gets put under a tornado watch, I freeze up and start checking the weather for hours on end until the watch is lifted.

So list your fears if you feel like it. Wether irrational or justified, post them here. This is not a place for people to make fun of other people for their worries. So anyone who feels like they have the right to call someone else stupid for what they're afraid of need not post anything.

An Ancient Treasure, a Terrible Price. Take the Risk, Eat the World
    (Final Chapter added 05-15-2014)

-Thanks to PopPrincess_Lyra for the banner above, and Sworn Metalhead for the banner below -

All Hail the Six Kings...
    Chapter One added (12-07-2014)

i have an aggressive fear of bees. when i was 9 i was stung in the pressure point behind my ear.
    Es so Einfach wie Eins, Zwei, Drei.

I'm afraid of...

Looking like an idiot
    Certain bugs
    Certain people
    Murderers, burgelers, theives
    Losing something important
    Certain torture techniques
    Etc...
    I have:
    Platinum
    Heartgold
    White
    Black
    Rumble Blast
    White 2

I used to liek mudkipz, then I took an arrow in the knee. However the arrow turned out to be a seaking. It yelled "F*** yeah" so I screamed "FUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!". The seaking's face became that of a troll while mine became forever alone. The situation was super effective.

Spiders....

Sitting in the old school house after church yesterday (the students among the congregation go and have dinner there after Mass), I see a harvestman crawling across the guy next to me's shoe. My god that scared the **** out of me. I back scuttled across the room shouting expletives on to the sofa and stayed curled up there until someone else removed it.

Many other stories but that is the most recent.

Quote Originally Posted by mawile_626 View Post
    Spiders....

Sitting in the old school house after church yesterday (the students among the congregation go and have dinner there after Mass), I see a harvestman crawling across the guy next to me's shoe. My god that scared the **** out of me. I back scuttled across the room shouting expletives on to the sofa and stayed curled up there until someone else removed it.

Many other stories but that is the most recent.
    I'm not 'scared' of spiders, but I do have an extreme hate of them. I'll go out of my way to kill them if they are in my house. However, this house is like a slaughterhouse for any kind of insects. I have two indoor cats that destroy any bug that has the misfortune to wander in here

-Thanks to PopPrincess_Lyra for the banner above, and Sworn Metalhead for the banner below -

Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder View Post
    I have two indoor cats that destroy any bug that has the misfortune to wander in here
    Yeah, my sister's cat, Missy, is the same way. Missy is excellent pest control.

I really don't like botflies, which is silly because there aren't any in my area. I just find the idea of botflies and other invasive parasitic creatures to be almost offensive. I don't like small spiders, either. Big spiders, such as tarantulas, don't bother me as much.

There are a lot of people in my family who are afraid of bees, and they think I'm a freak because I like bees.
    "True Love is the only heart disease that is best left to 'run on' - the only affection of the heart for which there is no help, and none desired." -Mark Twain

"The mind is its own place, and in itself can make a heaven of Hell, a hell of Heaven." -John Milton

"...whoever you hate will end up in your family!" -Chris Rock

Hmm. I'm pretty much scared of any social situation, really. I get nervous talking to everyone, even family or old friends. Even being out in public and not saying/doing anything is very nervewracking.

When I'm particularly paranoid and/or have been having a lot of nightmares, I become afraid of the dark.

I'm also scared of storms. And bugs. Those are more common.

| survival project |
    | this trainer is different. everyone knows it, but no one can explain it. |
    | complete |

| flying in the dark |
    | he's hiding something. she just doesn't know it. |
    | on hiatus|

| love and other nightmares |
    | limited time, limited abilities. kyurem says she can be cured in exchange for saving those who need saving. |
    | chapter 3 released 11/22/14 |

Quote Originally Posted by diamondpearl876 View Post
    Hmm. I'm pretty much scared of any social situation, really. I get nervous talking to everyone, even family or old friends. Even being out in public and not saying/doing anything is very nervewracking.

When I'm particularly paranoid and/or have been having a lot of nightmares, I become afraid of the dark.

I'm also scared of storms. And bugs. Those are more common.
    I understand what you mean when it comes to storms. Where I live is prone to severe weather, and as irrational as it is, I get anxious everytime I hear a loud bellow of thunder. Which spurns me to check the weather forecast, which in turn makes me check the latest mesoanalysis about shear and dew points so I can calculate the odds of a tornado in my area

I understand what you mean when it comes to storms. Where I live is prone to severe weather, and as irrational as it is, I get anxious everytime I hear a loud bellow of thunder. Which spurns me to check the weather forecast, which in turn makes me check the latest mesoanalysis about shear and dew points so I can calculate the odds of a tornado in my area
    My reaction isn't that extreme, but it doesn't seem irrational to me (especially if you witnessed a bad storm up close). They can be devastating.

| survival project |
    | complete |

| flying in the dark |
    | on hiatus|

| limited time, limited abilities. kyurem says she can be cured in exchange for saving those who need saving. |

Fear of drowning.
    Okay, I can't swim. However, I don't like the idea of having my lung/body full of water. It feels painful.
    I'd rather get crushed by a car or sliced my head off with a sword or something.

Fear of people knowing my secrets.
    This might not be healthy, but I just... mostly don't trust people with my deep secrets.

Challenges completed: LG Grass mono
    Pokemon HGSS roleplaying forum. Referral: Tikikala

FC: 2981 6880 2804
    Flying Safari:

My reaction isn't that extreme, but it doesn't seem irrational to me (especially if you witnessed a bad storm up close). They can be devastating.
    They sure can. The EF-5 tornado that ripped through Joplin Missouri was awful. And Joplin isn't that far away from where I live. Eesh

They sure can. The EF-5 tornado that ripped through Joplin Missouri was awful. And Joplin isn't that far away from where I live. Eesh
    Eesh is right. Gonna try to live somewhere where there's no tornadoes someday? lol.

| survival project |
    | complete |

| flying in the dark |
    | on hiatus|

Eesh is right. Gonna try to live somewhere where there's no tornadoes someday? lol.
    Believe me, I've researched the places I could completely get away from them, but I can't go. My family, along with my fiance's, live in the area that we're currently in. My hopes are dashed for now, but hopefully when we move in July to go to college, she'll throw in with me to get a storm shelter haha

I think my worst fear is one of heights. If I can look down too far, I just start shaking. The other major fear I have is the fear of hurting people i care about, which is a constant tormentor.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Requiem
    Cross Country ftw.

I might be afraid of tornadoes, since any dreams that I have with them are rather creepy. And Arizona hardly gets tornadoes.

I don't like thunderstorms, probably because I don't like the sound of thunder. Doesn't help I sleep close to the window, and we have a two-story house.

I also don't like the dark, even with nightlights. Could be because I'm very visual and can come up with something to scare me with xD. Which is funny, since I never had that problem as a kid, and I watched The X-Files at a very young age (four).

That may be it, I can't think of anything else.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

Roaches. Id rather have scorpions and centipedes crawling on me than roaches. Seriously, all roaches deserve to die in a fire.

And to some extent, social situations, but depends on the context. Sometimes Im dgaf but other times its "god, why have you forsaken me?"

I have yet to pinpoint what exactly it is that causes this fear in certain situations ._.

Pain, torture, and disturbing ways to die. I'd rather get shot in the head than get my eyeballs ripped out of their sockets.

I'm also scared of insects and big spiders. Cockroaches are just way too scary. They have that stupid strong exoskeleton so not only is it harder to kill them, but I imagine that disgusting crunchy noise when they get smashed. I'm not concerned about small spiders; those I can step on. But those scary ones with giant legs are pretty gross. I've always wanted to trap insects/spiders in jars and then slide a piece of paper underneath the jar. Then I carefully tape the paper to the jar so that it stays in place. I then keep the jar and wait for the victim to die of starvation/thirst/lack of oxygen. Then I proceed to empty the jar into the dumpster and keep it for the next creature that dares to enter my house. Too bad I don't have a jar I could use at home but this is how I plan to get rid of those things when I do get one.
    Last edited by PikaPika677; 30th April 2012 at 5:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PikaPika677 View Post
    Pain, torture, and disturbing ways to die. I'd rather get shot in the head than get my eyeballs ripped out of their sockets.

I'm also scared of insects and big spiders. Cockroaches are just way too scary. They have that stupid strong exoskeleton so not only is it harder to kill them, but I imagine that disgusting crunchy noise when they get smashed. I'm not concerned about small spiders; those I can step on. But those scary ones with giant legs are pretty gross. I've always wanted to trap insects/spiders in jars and then slide a piece of paper underneath the jar. Then I carefully tape the paper to the jar so that it stays in place. I then keep the jar and wait for the victim to die of starvation/thirst/lack of oxygen. Then I proceed to empty the jar into the dumpster and keep it for the next creature that dares to enter my house. Too bad I don't have a jar I could use at home but this is how I plan to get rid of those things when I do get one.
    for someone perturbed by disturbing way to die, you're killing insects in a disturbing way. Torturous and painful indeed.

Challenges completed: LG Grass mono
    Pokemon HGSS roleplaying forum. Referral: Tikikala

FC: 2981 6880 2804
    Flying Safari:

I've had a fear of knives, but have grown to love them lately. They truely are useful, and I use them a lot more for my home projects and yardwork. Not to mention opening Pokemon Games

I like storms and tornadoes they seem interesting

Quote Originally Posted by Rayce View Post
    I've had a fear of knives, but have grown to love them lately. They truely are useful, and I use them a lot more for my home projects and yardwork. Not to mention opening Pokemon Games
    I don't like knives, but I've slowly been getting over it.

Reminds me of how I used to be afraid to get burned, so I wouldn't use the oven for a long time. Eventually, about a couple of years ago, I started to get over it since I would crave cookies (or other pre-cooked foods fufufu) and bake myself some. Of course, my grandma doesn't have oven mitts except those oven... square-things, so it's a hassle to pull things out of the oven while keeping my fingers clear from the sides of the oven and the racks.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

I have a fear of a crowd, and dogs. (shoot me for that!)

Credit to Riataro from EGC

† I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Dogs, cliffs or edges and theme parks.

What's that? What'sthatwhat'sthatwhat'sthatwhat'sthatwhat'sthat what'sthatwhat'sthat?

AS: Sceptile, Sableye, Flygon (?), Relicanth, Muk, Girafarig

People. Kinda have something like social anxiety, so anything to do with going places and meeting new people rather makes me nervous.

Anything else... hmm... maybe rodents like rats, gerbils etc. Anything that has the potential to bite me ><

Bees.
    Wasps.
    Large dogs that could knock me over and tear me to shreds.
    Heights.
    Spiders. I was bit on the leg by a brown recluse when I was about seven, and I've been terrified ever since.
    Losing someone dear to me.
    Dying.
    Being ridiculed.
    Being raped.

I have claimed Alucard (Hellsing), Sebastian (Kuroshitsuji), and Laguna Loire (Final Fantasy VIII).
    Hellsing, Street Fighter, The Elder Scrolls, Dangan Ronpa, Bleach, Homestuck, Black Butler, and Puella Magi Madoka Magica fan.
    Sig made by Izagar.
    3DS FC: 3738 0398 8876 Mikan
    Friend Safari: Ground (Wooper, Camerupt, and Palpitoad)

Quote Originally Posted by Mister_SGG View Post
    Actually I'm back b/c I plugged in my amp and playing one note when my grandpa came in and told me to stfu

So now I'm just sitting here stroking my guitar while naked

Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast