Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Share the best drawing you ever made and tell a story about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Poetry View Post
    I was going to post one of my own pieces on here but I don't want to because anything next to that would pale in comparison =p
    Seriously, that's amazing. What did you use? I'd guess charcoal or chalk.
    Thank you. If I can remember correctly, it was just charcoal and chalk. Pencilled the outline first, obviously, and used coloured chalk for the bit of colour I used. But please do post your own artwork, I love seeing what people have created. Art is art, it doesn't matter whether people interpret it as good or not. (:

xxx

Quote Originally Posted by Lamia View Post
    Thank you! I might have been 13, I can't really remember to be honest. I did draw it from a reference though, it was a picture I took myself. I don't think I could do any serious sketching without having something to work from lol. I'm not really drawing any more as I prefer other hobbies, but I do have a few more pieces. (Some which I can't show on this site due to younger members!) One of the pieces I quite like is this one:

Spoiler:- sketch:

PS: Your character designs are amazing! The first one you posted sort of made me think that's what Fantina would look like as a child/teen!
    Wow Lamia you are amazing! I can't do realistic art for the life of me, but you are truly amazing at this.. I love it :P

Thank you. If I can remember correctly, it was just charcoal and chalk. Pencilled the outline first, obviously, and used coloured chalk for the bit of colour I used. But please do post your own artwork, I love seeing what people have created. Art is art, it doesn't matter whether people interpret it as good or not. (:
    Wow, charcoal and chalk? I tried using both in tandem once but it was crazy because I couldn't smudge the chalk properly without messing up the charcoal. Two very different materials but somehow you made it work.
    Yes, art is art but it's the perceptions of the individual which create art in the eyes of the creator. I'll post some of my stuff when I get the time but it's just mostly coursework for school, nothing brilliant.

I thought i was good.....
    why.... cruel world, i'll post when i take some photos of pics.

http://postimage.org/image/emm6andsd/ I drew this when I caught my shiny floatzel

Badge: Wyvern Badge
    Credit: AstralShadow (userbar) & Kida-Ookami (badge)

3DS XL FC for Pokemon Y 2595-0724-5772 IGN SmeargleRocks
    Shiny Number 1268

I can offer gen6 cloning services, I will only clone what I don't have as glitch cloning can take awhile and be stressful

Self caught shinies on Y 24
    first successfull (and accidental) MM Shelmet timid 31/1/19/31/31/31 4:25 pm EST 4/14/14
    Shiny XD Gale of Darkness Zubat caught September 17th 2012 @ 4:24 pm EST cave PokeSpot

FUC* ALL HACKERS!!!

Thank you! I might have been 13, I can't really remember to be honest. I did draw it from a reference though, it was a picture I took myself. I don't think I could do any serious sketching without having something to work from lol. I'm not really drawing any more as I prefer other hobbies, but I do have a few more pieces. (Some which I can't show on this site due to younger members!) One of the pieces I quite like is this one:

Spoiler:- sketch:

PS: Your character designs are amazing! The first one you posted sort of made me think that's what Fantina would look like as a child/teen!
    :O, if you say your not gonna be some type of artist I will be so mad lol.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

It's not my best work, but probably one of my most important pieces to me because it's the first proper sketch I ever worked on. I made it when I was 12 (I think) and it's still unfinished, but I'm going to leave it as it is now.

Spoiler:- Sketch:

Sorry for the poor quality, it's an old picture and couldn't be bothered finding my old sketchbook to retake it!
    You really did that when you were 12? Holy crow, you make me feel like a... a... a fool. *cries in the corner*

This is the best digital drawing I've ever done so far (zoom in to get rid of the black background, it's not supposed to be there). I did the sketch version of this for a challenge in a game over at the Games section, then I decided that I was bored, so I coloured it in on GIMP. No tablet (which explains why it's so rubbish =p), I was stuck with the mouse, though the Path tool quickly became my best friend. Basically I just traced over the outlines. XD

@Lamia

Wow i feel insignificant. It (the building) looks so professional!!!!!!

While this may not be THAT good, this is still my best digital drawing to date.

http://shadyserpent269.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d56ejm6

Drew it after those storms hit my state (VA) while at the beach. The shading needs improvement but the colors themselves look great. Also i used this guy as an excuse to make a monster story involving those storms! XD

I have claimed Quagsire the king of the marsh!!!

Well thanks a lot guys, you're all very kind.

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    :O, if you say your not gonna be some type of artist I will be so mad lol.
    I mentioned before that Art is just one of my hobbies, so although I'll continue to create artwork, my main goal is to become a Computer Systems Analyst!!! lol

xxx

This was done for some mini art projects I was working, nothing special.
        Spoiler:- Some artbook sketch:

This on the other hand, was done using nothing but a pencil eraser and Joint compound. Better than a plain wall I guess.
        Spoiler:- Hallway wall:

And ponies.
        Spoiler:- no:

oh, and yea, Lamia is better than us.

Quote Originally Posted by Quagsireking View Post
    @Lamia

Wow i feel insignificant. It (the building) looks so professional!!!!!!

While this may not be THAT good, this is still my best digital drawing to date.

http://shadyserpent269.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d56ejm6

Drew it after those storms hit my state (VA) while at the beach. The shading needs improvement but the colors themselves look great. Also i used this guy as an excuse to make a monster story involving those storms! XD
    pretty cool serpent dragon there i can only draw from what i see like on cards and drawings

Shiny Number 1268

I can offer gen6 cloning services, I will only clone what I don't have as glitch cloning can take awhile and be stressful

first successfull (and accidental) MM Shelmet timid 31/1/19/31/31/31 4:25 pm EST 4/14/14
    Shiny XD Gale of Darkness Zubat caught September 17th 2012 @ 4:24 pm EST cave PokeSpot

FUC* ALL HACKERS!!!

Like many of the others here have said... Lamia, it is truly ASTOUNDING that you were capable of drawing like that at only 12 years of age. Koo-dohs.

Currently, I believe this might be my personal favorite of my drawings: http://i996.photobucket.com/albums/a...scan0001-7.jpg

For those who don't recognize it, it's NiGHTS, a SEGA character in Sonic Riders wear. I like how it turned out and would love to color it digitally with Photoshop, but I've basically hit a dead end with that task. Far too confusing. X_X

Quote Originally Posted by ManhattanTheStarr View Post
    Like many of the others here have said... Lamia, it is truly ASTOUNDING that you were capable of drawing like that at only 12 years of age. Koo-dohs.

Currently, I believe this might be my personal favorite of my drawings: http://i996.photobucket.com/albums/a...scan0001-7.jpg

For those who don't recognize it, it's NiGHTS, a SEGA character in Sonic Riders wear. I like how it turned out and would love to color it digitally with Photoshop, but I've basically hit a dead end with that task. Far too confusing. X_X
    pretty cool i like the picture

Shiny Number 1268

FUC* ALL HACKERS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Fatal View Post
    it's funny because I never really thought about that until you said something. There was one time I tried really hard to create a drawing where you could look at it different ways and see different things, and here I made one without even realizing it.

aha, so you are an aspiring professional wrestler. See, I learned something about you already.
    I am not a professional wrestler yet, I am just hitting the weights and trying to do what the wrestler does to keep them selves healthy. Trying to gain the right weight. After I get those down, then I will be good to go for training.

All credits for BT's Army Against Arrogance Banner goes to Brutaka.
    All Credits to Black Terminator's Region Express banner goes to Sworn Metalhead

Front cover for a comic I'm currently writing up during my spare time. I know, it looks bland and awful, I plan to redo it anyways. Sadly, I can't have my female lead on the cover due to a joke I have in mind (if I ever get it published).

Story takes place in a medieval-esque setting much starts out that the main character, Drake (boy in blue), is doing his usual, training in the woods taking his angst out on trees. His sword ends up shattering so he goes to his grandfather (who he lives with) and asks him to take it to his uncle John (real creative names, I know) who is coincidentally a blacksmith. Drake's grandfather disagrees, tells him that the Apocalypse is nigh (which nobody but him believes) and tells his grandson that he has made plans with his son to train him and his student who resides in the forest. Drake disagrees but moves on with it just to make him quiet and leaves for his uncle's place while flipping him the bird. The angel I drew is Drake's deceased twin, Kaida (also, yes, there's a dragon theme going on here). Their parents are also deceased.

Anyways, John obviously doesn't believe in his father's crap but decides to train Drake along with his two children, his adopted son (a half-dragon, Draco), and his grandfather's student to become heroes so they can gain the respect that they deserve (which they don't for various reasons). What I have so far is interesting, full of crudeness, gory violence, and anime parodies, hopefully I can get my butt into gear.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    Front cover for a comic I'm currently writing up during my spare time. I know, it looks bland and awful, I plan to redo it anyways. Sadly, I can't have my female lead on the cover due to a joke I have in mind (if I ever get it published).

Story takes place in a medieval-esque setting much starts out that the main character, Drake (boy in blue), is doing his usual, training in the woods taking his angst out on trees. His sword ends up shattering so he goes to his grandfather (who he lives with) and asks him to take it to his uncle John (real creative names, I know) who is coincidentally a blacksmith. Drake's grandfather disagrees, tells him that the Apocalypse is nigh (which nobody but him believes) and tells his grandson that he has made plans with his son to train him and his student who resides in the forest. Drake disagrees but moves on with it just to make him quiet and leaves for his uncle's place while flipping him the bird. The angel I drew is Drake's deceased twin, Kaida (also, yes, there's a dragon theme going on here). Their parents are also deceased.

Anyways, John obviously doesn't believe in his father's crap but decides to train Drake along with his two children, his adopted son (a half-dragon, Draco), and his grandfather's student to become heroes so they can gain the respect that they deserve (which they don't for various reasons). What I have so far is interesting, full of crudeness, gory violence, and anime parodies, hopefully I can get my butt into gear.
    All of it sounds quite interesting and would love to read it :3

The cover, yes a little bland, but as you said you will redo it, I hope it turns out much better and in how you plan to make it ^_^
    I like how you drew the wings... I can't draw mine very well so props to youz! :3

Quote Originally Posted by ManhattanTheStarr View Post
    I like it. Really crisp, and captures the character well.

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post

Awesome, ParaChomp. If you get it published one day, I know what to look for (if you don't change the design of the characters, of course, I'm pretty good at remembering character designs).

All righty, my newest creation:

Spoiler:- sorry it's not big:

I just created it today. I drew it specifically for my personal website for class (which I finally published at last, now I just need to finish the stupid demo reel), but the character is about as old as Shinsetsu in terms of creation. Remember how I said Shinsetsu was for the Digimon fandom? This was her Digimon, Solarmon (Ultimate form, that is).

However, like with Shinsetsu, I decided to give her an original story as well. Basically, Solarmon (the current name right now, I so want to change it) is a powerful form of sorceress, a fairy sorceress if you will. I'll put her original form here eventually once I drew her out, but she starts out as a young apprentice who is trying to perfect her magic. She has to complete a certain task of sorts in order to ascend to this level of power. A sorcerer or sorceress who reaches this level has a complete change in wardrobe and, in some cases, appearances.

I'm still working out the story, so it's a bit iffy right now, but I do hope to get far with this idea, since I have an attachment to the character.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Last Chance - 11/3/11 - Chapter 20 progress: 75%
    I survived Pupa.

Y'all are amateurs.

Anyways probably the peak of my skill level:

It's meh. I did this my senior year of high school in my Graphic Design class. I was an Illustration major for a year but I grew bored of it so I dropped out. I am too pragmatic in thought and just couldn't spend 9 hours on a single piece of artwork anymore. Also I didn't think I would have a job when I graduated.

Thanks to Steel Sector Graphics for the userbar and banner!

It's not my best work, but probably one of my most important pieces to me because it's the first proper sketch I ever worked on. I made it when I was 12 (I think) and it's still unfinished, but I'm going to leave it as it is now.

Spoiler:- Sketch:

Sorry for the poor quality, it's an old picture and couldn't be bothered finding my old sketchbook to retake it!
    pretty baller artwork I have to say
    I wrote the RBY and GSC pages on serebii.net

https://twitter.com/cifalacus

Well thanks a lot guys, you're all very kind.

I mentioned before that Art is just one of my hobbies, so although I'll continue to create artwork, my main goal is to become a Computer Systems Analyst!!! lol
    Don't waste your beautiful talent!!! Your amazing lol.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Thanks again guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    All righty, my newest creation:

Spoiler:- sorry it's not big:

I just created it today. I drew it specifically for my personal website for class (which I finally published at last, now I just need to finish the stupid demo reel), but the character is about as old as Shinsetsu in terms of creation. Remember how I said Shinsetsu was for the Digimon fandom? This was her Digimon, Solarmon (Ultimate form, that is).
    Wow, that is absolutely fabulous! And you did it all in one day! I'm always fascinated by people who can create such good digital art, it's one thing I could never really get the hang off. Brilliant shading again btw! I love that dress. *-*

xxx

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Don't waste your beautiful talent!!! Your amazing lol.
    Drawing isn't a talent or a gift, it's a skill developed through application. She was obviously taught how to draw at some point.

Coincidentally she is the only one in this entire topic I even think is skilled. Most of the rest of it is just a bunch of joke textbook doodles or anime crap.

Thanks to Steel Sector Graphics for the userbar and banner!

Wow, that is absolutely fabulous! And you did it all in one day! I'm always fascinated by people who can create such good digital art, it's one thing I could never really get the hang off. Brilliant shading again btw! I love that dress. *-*
    Thank you ^^. I'm not that fond of the shading, especially with the dress and face, but if you like it, that's great. I'm more fond of the wings myself XD. I like wings.

Quote Originally Posted by iFi Salamander View Post
    Drawing isn't a talent or a gift, it's a skill developed through application. She was obviously taught how to draw at some point.

Coincidentally she is the only one in this entire topic I even think is skilled. Most of the rest of it is just a bunch of joke textbook doodles or anime crap.
    Dude, don't act so smug. I really like your sketch of the snake (even if it's just the head), but if you're going to act like a smartass about it and bash everyone's drawings instead of giving proper critique, then go somewhere else. Not everyone can draw just as well as you or Lamia, but damn it all, we can try. And I happen to like a lot of these "joke" doodles on here, mainly because I really can't bring myself to doodle doodle, I seriously have to draw a complete picture. Yes, it's mostly anime, but it's a personal preference. I can draw other things if I really want to, like a realistic portrait of a person (I was really good at it back in junior high when the art class did a project on learning to draw real people), the pictures just doesn't always call for it.

And I say Lamia is gifted. I know of no other person personally who could draw like that at the age of 12. Honestly, a skill like that takes years to develop. I'd say Lamia could draw ever since she could hold a writing utensil, and she practiced her little fingers off even after she went to an art class/school/tutor/whatever. Sure, some people learn faster than others, but that is what I think. Until Lamia says so otherwise, let us call her talented and gifted.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Last Chance - 11/3/11 - Chapter 20 progress: 75%
    I survived Pupa.

Coincidentally she is the only one in this entire topic I even think is skilled.

excuse me?

Y'all are amateurs.

What makes you qualified to discern what is art, and what isn't?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast