Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 80

Thread: Share the best drawing you ever made and tell a story about it.

  1. #51
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Morgan Freeman's house
    Posts
    888

    Default

    I drew these last year for an art project for my art final



    3DS XL FC for Pokemon Y 2595-0724-5772 IGN SmeargleRocks
    Shiny Number 1268

    I can offer gen6 cloning services, I will only clone what I don't have as glitch cloning can take awhile and be stressful

    Self caught shinies on Y 24
    first successfull (and accidental) MM Shelmet timid 31/1/19/31/31/31 4:25 pm EST 4/14/14
    Shiny XD Gale of Darkness Zubat caught September 17th 2012 @ 4:24 pm EST cave PokeSpot

    FUC* ALL HACKERS!!!
    ALL Gen6 6IV Event pokemon are hacked

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    14,521

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iFi Salamander View Post
    Drawing isn't a talent or a gift, it's a skill developed through application. She was obviously taught how to draw at some point.

    Coincidentally she is the only one in this entire topic I even think is skilled. Most of the rest of it is just a bunch of joke textbook doodles or anime crap.
    Lol yes it is, some people just draw better then others without ever taking a class or anything. I for instance have always been able to draw better then my little brother.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    South East Abbey, Tethe'alla
    Posts
    1,707

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iFi Salamander View Post
    Coincidentally she is the only one in this entire topic I even think is skilled. Most of the rest of it is just a bunch of joke textbook doodles or anime crap.
    Since when do you decide what good is?


    “May the stars shine down on you.” - tumblr
    - i've claimed zelos wilder and tales of the abyss

  4. #54
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Morgan Freeman's house
    Posts
    888

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post


    What makes you qualified to discern what is art, and what isn't?
    That's pretty cool was that done on deviant art?



    3DS XL FC for Pokemon Y 2595-0724-5772 IGN SmeargleRocks
    Shiny Number 1268

    I can offer gen6 cloning services, I will only clone what I don't have as glitch cloning can take awhile and be stressful

    Self caught shinies on Y 24
    first successfull (and accidental) MM Shelmet timid 31/1/19/31/31/31 4:25 pm EST 4/14/14
    Shiny XD Gale of Darkness Zubat caught September 17th 2012 @ 4:24 pm EST cave PokeSpot

    FUC* ALL HACKERS!!!
    ALL Gen6 6IV Event pokemon are hacked

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    With my head in the clouds
    Posts
    371

    Default

    Yes, it's mostly anime, but it's a personal preference. I can draw other things if I really want to, like a realistic portrait of a person (I was really good at it back in junior high when the art class did a project on learning to draw real people), the pictures just doesn't always call for it.
    Every teen draws anime, and not even good illustrations. It takes barely any, if at all artistic skill. It is just copy paste.

    I'll believe you when I see some stylized illustrations or life drawing.

    What makes you qualified to discern what is art, and what isn't?
    I never stated they weren't art. I said they weren't good. There is a difference. As for what makes me qualified:

    Since when do you decide what good is?
    Since I took three years a professional level graphic design class and two of professional illustration. Getting butthurt against me is futile.

    Lol yes it is, some people just draw better then others without ever taking a class or anything. I for instance have always been able to draw better then my little brother.
    Irrelevant. Drawing is a right brained skill. Anyone with half a mind of intelligence can practice getting into their right brain mode and whip out great drawings. So why don't they?

    You are distracted. Even speech is left brained, the only way to truly reach your maximum potential is to take drawing seriously and focus on your work. Our world is also incredibly corporate and left brained. As Kutie mentioned above there was a 12 year old with high level skill. Truthfully a child has more of an advantage artistically than an adult, because there mind is (or more), untouched than an adult stuck in their ways. It actually isn't all that uncommon, given good training, for children to draw on a professional level. When is the last time you have seen a mathematician draw anything but a stick figure?

    That is why I say drawing is a skill. Those who claim they absolutely no artistic ability don't because they mentally deny it. The psychological and sociological process is very importabt. I am one of the most objective and logical people I know, and I am still able to draw on the level I displayed. I was terrible initially, bit with years of training an effort I became a master. Once you understand drawing and color theory, all forms of art, even digital, come naturally. By the end I was constantly at the top of my class. Unfortunately I grew bored and unhappy.

    Hell even my musicianship improved.
    Last edited by iFi Salamander; 5th October 2012 at 5:06 AM.

    Thanks to Steel Sector Graphics for the userbar and banner!


  6. #56
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Valley of the Sun
    Posts
    6,489

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iFi Salamander View Post
    Every teen draws anime, and not even good illustrations. It takes barely any, if at all artistic skill. It is just copy paste.

    I'll believe you when I see some stylized illustrations or life drawing.
    It's like you said, drawing is a skill of the right side of the brain. Anyone can draw, but not all of them can draw well. Anime-style drawings aren't actually as easy as it looks, despite its simplicity, but if you've taken enough art classes when it comes to anatomy, then it shouldn't be too much of a problem. You draw out the outlines, and the spheres like you would when drawing a model.

    Like with all art styles, some anime styles are harder to duplicate than others (I'm talking from experience here). It's believed that the art style of Osamu Tezuka, the father of manga, is very difficult to duplicate, and I have heard from others that Toriyama's art style, as limited as his facial and--let's face it--body designs are, is a hard style to master. And then there are mangakas whose character designs are unlimited (a cast of snowflakes), and though there's a style, some of it is easier to draw without reference than others.

    Not all teenagers draw a lot of anime, mind you. I've seen teenage artists with their own style, and I do envy them for developing such a unique style. I got into anime because of Pokémon, and as I've been drawing a good few years prior to watching it, when I began drawing in the anime style, it was (and still is reminiscent) like Pokémon. However, over the years I've combined other styles I was fond of over the years where though it might look like a similar style, it still qualifies for uniqueness.

    So even though you've studied at a professional level, I would appreciate it, as I'm sure a few others here would agree, if you would use your professional training to properly critique the drawings. Point out the flaws you see, and give some advice on how it can be improved. The thread originally didn't specify that, but I think it is for the best that criticism, both positive and negative, should be given. (Yes, Fatal, I'm also talking to you here. You are the creator of the thread, thus you enforce the rules, so I'm throwing a suggestion out here.) I don't want to believe you're bragging or acting smug about everything, but that's what I'm getting out of your choice of words and tone of voice.

    That said, while the snake head is very impressive, I would like to see more of your work. If you have some portraits of models, of buildings, still life, another animal, anything, I would love to see it.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Last Chance - 11/3/11 - Chapter 20 progress: 75%
    I survived Pupa.

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    With my head in the clouds
    Posts
    371

    Default

    That said, while the snake head is very impressive, I would like to see more of your work. If you have some portraits of models, of buildings, still life, another animal, anything, I would love to see it.
    I have an old digital porrfolio and some things lying around. I doubt I have my pad with wll my gestures from nude models, but I'll see if I can find you some stuff if you are imterested within a couple days. I have some logo work too.

    Thanks to Steel Sector Graphics for the userbar and banner!


  8. #58
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    14,521

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iFi Salamander View Post
    Every teen draws anime, and not even good illustrations. It takes barely any, if at all artistic skill. It is just copy paste.

    I'll believe you when I see some stylized illustrations or life drawing.



    I never stated they weren't art. I said they weren't good. There is a difference. As for what makes me qualified:



    Since I took three years a professional level graphic design class and two of professional illustration. Getting butthurt against me is futile.



    Irrelevant. Drawing is a right brained skill. Anyone with half a mind of intelligence can practice getting into their right brain mode and whip out great drawings. So why don't they?

    You are distracted. Even speech is left brained, the only way to truly reach your maximum potential is to take drawing seriously and focus on your work. Our world is also incredibly corporate and left brained. As Kutie mentioned above there was a 12 year old with high level skill. Truthfully a child has more of an advantage artistically than an adult, because there mind is (or more), untouched than an adult stuck in their ways. It actually isn't all that uncommon, given good training, for children to draw on a professional level. When is the last time you have seen a mathematician draw anything but a stick figure?

    That is why I say drawing is a skill. Those who claim they absolutely no artistic ability don't because they mentally deny it. The psychological and sociological process is very importabt. I am one of the most objective and logical people I know, and I am still able to draw on the level I displayed. I was terrible initially, bit with years of training an effort I became a master. Once you understand drawing and color theory, all forms of art, even digital, come naturally. By the end I was constantly at the top of my class. Unfortunately I grew bored and unhappy.

    Hell even my musicianship improved.
    The point is that I never took an art class until my sophomore year of high school and I was always able to draw decently long before that while my little brother who also has never taken an art class still can't. So yes I do believe that you have to be born with a marginal amount of talent or interest in something to be good at it. Have my art classes helped?? Yes but not in the field I'm good at which is cartoon drawing(pokemon specifically).
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,460

    Default

    I don't really want to get involved with this debate, but I have to agree with iFi Salamander with the 'talent' part. I happen to have a Mother who's a bit of an Artist, so I always wanted to copy what she did when I was young. As a result of this, I used to take sketchbooks literally everywhere and just draw when I got bored. (Still do sometimes.) And of course I was exposed to many Artistic things since I was born! So even if people believe you are born with some talent, it wouldn't show unless you develop said talent yourself, and so that's why I agree that you need to develop some sort of skill to be good at Art. After all, no one could draw a perfect portrait on their first ever try, and there's no rule saying that someone considered not talented couldn't after practising. Saying that, I like pretty much any Artwork so I'm easy to please in that sense.

    xxx

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Valley of the Sun
    Posts
    6,489

    Default

    That is interesting, Lamia, and it makes perfect sense. Of course, everyone is different in how they develop their skills. I didn't know my mom could draw until I was half-way through elementary school, and though my drawings weren't the best drawings in the world, it was like how an average elementary-school student would draw. Even then, she rarely drew a picture, though she's shown me some of her artwork from high school and college. She's always wanted to make a children's book, and she had drawn concept art for it (really nice-looking concept art to boot), but after having kids, she got too busy for it.

    So is it possible I got my talent from Mom? Maybe (unless my grandmother used to draw, Mom always said I took after Grandma more). But you always hear stories of kids who seemed to have done things naturally, and they kept working on it by going to school for such things and practicing on their own time (though some do turn out to be child prodigies). It's rather interesting to see this progression depending on one's choices. I know for a fact taking an art class for the entirety of middle school helped me learn to get better (though I continued to have an weekly art class outside of school), so it makes me wonder if there was more I could've done, or if I had stopped going to that weekly art class, would I still have the same skills that I have today?

    I always find it sad when people stop doing things that peers tell them they're really good at, like art or singing. People can believe what they want to believe, I personally don't like it when people throw away a talent because it's "not for them". Doesn't mean they couldn't add on another talent, see if there was a way to combine the two. Once something's a part of you, it'd only make sense to keep it, even if you're not going to return to it often. But if they want to do just that, that's fine with them. I always say I regret stopping to play the violin at a young age, now that I have developed a love for music, and I wish to create my own. (And as my hands are too small, I can't play the piano.)

    Anyway... I think I'll just leave another picture. This is a picture I made for a flyer last term (that never got freakin' published because the damn Fashion Department bailed out on us). It was steam-punk themed. I Google'd the back image, so... it's just the pretty lady. Shame there's no way to zoom in...

    Flower's supposed to be metallic.

        Spoiler:- big file:
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Last Chance - 11/3/11 - Chapter 20 progress: 75%
    I survived Pupa.

  11. #61
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    dere in the sheets
    Posts
    9,010

    Default

    I can draw a perfect circle.

  12. #62
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,460

    Default

    @Kutie Pie

    I don't really think talent is something that is passed down. I would have said that maybe you were good because you had artistic influences around you as you grew up, but then you say you didn't know your Mother drew. (Maybe you got it from some place else?) As for your second question, I think taking those extra Art classes did help you, because any practise will contribute to your skills in art. Clearly you are quite skilful, judging from those amazing character designs! It's evident that you've been drawing Animé for quite some time now.

    But when it comes to talent, I think I'm just not a believer. I think that you can be steered in a certain direction from a young age, but ultimately you have to work hard to develop skills in whatever you want to pursue. It's a hard thing to answer but I think it just comes down to your own personal opinion, which just happens to be what art is all about!!

    And staying on topic, I'll post another sketch. (If you've not noticed already, I kind of suck at these debates!)

        Spoiler:- Sketch:


    This was probably one of my biggest projects, mainly because it was done on a somewhat large scale. I have different scans of different parts of the face but this is probably my favourite one.

    xxx

  13. #63
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    14,521

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lamia View Post
    @Kutie Pie

    I don't really think talent is something that is passed down. I would have said that maybe you were good because you had artistic influences around you as you grew up, but then you say you didn't know your Mother drew. (Maybe you got it from some place else?) As for your second question, I think taking those extra Art classes did help you, because any practise will contribute to your skills in art. Clearly you are quite skilful, judging from those amazing character designs! It's evident that you've been drawing Animé for quite some time now.

    But when it comes to talent, I think I'm just not a believer. I think that you can be steered in a certain direction from a young age, but ultimately you have to work hard to develop skills in whatever you want to pursue. It's a hard thing to answer but I think it just comes down to your own personal opinion, which just happens to be what art is all about!!

    And staying on topic, I'll post another sketch. (If you've not noticed already, I kind of suck at these debates!)

        Spoiler:- Sketch:


    This was probably one of my biggest projects, mainly because it was done on a somewhat large scale. I have different scans of different parts of the face but this is probably my favourite one.
    Well what about me then?? No one in my family draws lol and I've always been able to draw fairly well from a young age. I didn't take any art classes until high school and only ever drew for myself. Sure I got better over time by practicing but that original skill was still there from a very young age.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

  14. #64
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Where love doesn't reach
    Posts
    1,091

    Default

    I just want to give my two pennies on this discussion.

    After my art exam last year, I thought a lot about what is artistic talent. The exam itself was quite interesting, because despite the number of great artists in my class who had produced brilliant final pieces, everyone was crowding around mine to have a look and exclaiming that mine was the best in the class. Now, I'm really not being modest or anything here or anything, but my piece wasn't necessarily bad per se, it was just really simple. A rectangular box with a blue chalk pastel sky and a green oil pastel meadow at the bottom with a single tree in the centre with black paper lettering at the bottom of the paper. Now I have to be honest and say that although I put a lot of effort into it, it wasn't difficult or tricky to draw by any respect. The hardest part was doing the sky as the top is a navy which fades into a lighter blue as it goes down but that was only really tricky as chalk pastels are sort of my Achilles Heel. Of course, everyone was saying how I was going to get the best grade in the class, et cetera, et cetera, so when Results Day came round, I wasn't surprised to find that I got one of the lowest grades in the class - a C.

    Everyone accredited that to the rest of my two year's work, which was a lot worse than my final project, but I have my own ideas as to why the examiners didn't give me a better grade than those who apparently had 'worse artwork' than I did.
    Anyone can be good at art. I mean, hell, anyone can pick up a paintbrush and paint a single stroke on a canvas and declare it as art so it would sell for a ridiculous price in an auction. Anyone can draw from direct observation and because it would look accurate to the original it would be declared as 'good art'. The latter especially is my main point - my final piece was a development from a direct observation drawing - this picture, to be precise. Of course, the majority of the people who saw the final product didn't know that I essentially ripped off a scene from a game to create my piece, so it can't technically be called 'original', so it must be 'bad 'art'.
    But no, I hear you say, it's not 'ripped off', it's simply 'inspired' by the original picture.
    Inspired? Inspiration is hard to define, but as the artist, I wouldn't say that I was inspired by the picture. I was inspired to draw it because it seemed like an interesting subject to draw, yes, but if I'm "inspired" to draw a portrait by the Mona Lisa and I produce an almost direct copy with a few alterations, what would be the response, I wonder? I think you'd have one side saying it's totally unacceptable to pass off something that's already been done as art, but the other side would say that I've possibly 're-interpreted' the piece, depending specifically on the alterations. But anyway, enough of that.

    Another point I'd like to raise is accuracy. Not the accuracy of copying the original, but the degree of accuracy which would make someone think that the piece looks 'realistic' or 'right' (I realise that accuracy of well-known objects can be changed to create different artistic effects but that's beside the point). The piece I produced had lettering of uniform letters from The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess which I had cut out from black paper and stuck down with plain glue. A very simple process, yes, but in my obsession to have everything neat and prim, it took almost an entire hour to draw and cut out all six letters, not to mention the extra half hour of making sure they was a uniform gap between each on the paper and they were all at the same height so it didn't look messy. This part in particular got me thinking. If I hadn't been so careful drawing them out and cutting them out and sticking them on, if the straight lines were slightly bendy, or if the curves weren't so precise, or if the letters themselves were placed at odds with each other so the word looked a little higgledy-piggedly, would my piece now be considered worse than before?
    Like I said before, anyone can do art. Anyone can be accurate. It doesn't take a great "artist" to be precise with something to make it look good, nor does it take an idiot to make something look better than it previously was by straightening it up a little bit. My slight OCD with having to have everything straight and neat led to the illusion that I had therefore produced 'good art', whereas other people who studied the same artist and produced a vaguely similar piece but with slightly misshapen letters had supposedly produced "bad art", as the lettering at the bottom apparently took away from the ok drawings above. Similarly, my need to have the sky show a very uniform gradient from dark blue to light blue gave the illusion that I had produced something good, even though a person who knows nothing about art could have produced something similar, if not something better (this is where my argument goes a little awry, as I tend to agree that working with certain materials requires knowledge, not talent, but the knowledge can be taught to anyone, regardless of artistic talent). The sky took me the most amount of time because I was using my chalks to get a consistent gradient of colour, but does that mean that I have artistic skill just because I have a good eye to see how accurate colours are? Another person would have spent half the time I did obsessing over the sky as they would have stopped halfway through and moved onto something else because they would have deemed it adequate, but I kept on going because I wanted it to meet my standards. Not the exam boards, not my peers, not my teacher, but MY standards. Perhaps if I had spent more time perfecting the sky I would have got a B (I missed a B by about a millimetre, fyi) but that's irrelevant, which brings me onto my final point.

    I don't do art for qualifications. Neither do I do it so I can gain admiration and praise. I paint and I draw and I colour because of the sense of achievement I savour when I finish a piece. Believe me, the praise I got from my peers and the examiner and my teacher for my final piece was nothing compared to when I ran my pastel over the paper for a final time, then stepped back to survey what two entire days of hard labour had produced. Even when I walk past it in the corridor where it's on display I think back to the trials and tribulations of making that goddamn piece, and it feels bloody good, regardless of that fact that I got a C for my entire project.
    Look, it doesn't matter if you have "artistic talent" or not, or if someone else says you don't. I guess what I'm trying to say is that art requires a number of skills and talents unrelated to the actual subject which can produce work which looks good in someone else's eyes. Be it accuracy, use of colour, use of materials, fusing different styles and rules together or just being good with a pencil, anyone can be good at art. Art - to express, to note, to record, to alarm, to ruminate, to ruse, to interrogate, to inform, to enhance, to be a joy to all those who see it - is there truly a right way to do any of these things?

    Heckle away.
    Last edited by Poetry; 6th October 2012 at 8:22 AM.
    [CYTUS]
    ICE - L
    xi - FREEDOM DiVE↓

  15. #65
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Hakugyokurou
    Posts
    396

    Default

    http://pokeram1234567.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d59jdkc
    A very strange Dragonite.
    The picture is dim.


  16. #66
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    California
    Posts
    170

    Default

    Lamia...your art...-faints- gurrrl you need to put those beautiful pictures up on your dA <3
    LOL, I love everyone's drawings in here!!! I love how everyone has their own unique style and different ways of drawing <333

    http://foxyvulpixie.deviantart.com/g...set=0#/d4tmkm4 Something I did in art class last year. I wanted to draw something dreamlike and surreal to match the quote,"You will find dreams within". But in the end the drawing didn't turn out the way I wanted it to so I ended up drawing random shizz everywhere and some very awkward flowers next the the winged girl xD.

    Oh, and I have a painted version of it on a canvas, but I can't scan it 'cuz the canvas is so thick TT_TT I think the painted version looks a lot better though, haha <3.
    Credit goes to Mew_ for this awesome banner ♥

  17. #67
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    1,786

    Default

    all of these drawings are amazing. thanks guys

  18. #68
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    114

    Default

    All of you are such great artists. ^^

    http://i1105.photobucket.com/albums/...-BeakDoc-1.jpg
    Something I did for my grade 12 art class. I don't really wanna go deep into the subject, but there are 2 more plague doctor paintings to go with this one. Well, I guess I'll tell you that the painting expresses themes of sorrow, regret, and despair. The plague doctor tries his hardest to relieve his patient (who he also loves), however, his remedies do not work, and she is another victim of the Black Death.

    http://i1105.photobucket.com/albums/...Untitled-3.png
    A more personal piece, but it's up to you to interpret it as whatever you want.

  19. #69
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Foxyvulpixie View Post
    Oh, and I have a painted version of it on a canvas, but I can't scan it 'cuz the canvas is so thick TT_TT I think the painted version looks a lot better though, haha <3.
    That's an extremely cute piece, and I can also imagine it being better painted too!! (:

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacifist3000
    http://i1105.photobucket.com/albums/...Untitled-3.png
    A more personal piece, but it's up to you to interpret it as whatever you want.
    I really like the colour combinations of this piece. For some reason, I seem to get a feeling of sadness and oppression when I see this. It's beautiful! (:
    Last edited by Calamity™; 8th October 2012 at 10:56 AM.

    xxx

  20. #70
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Almia
    Posts
    411

    Default

    This is my FIRST human drawing,but I personally think it's my best.What do you guys think?

    Drawing of Italy Dressed for Halloween

  21. #71
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    114

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lamia View Post
    I really like the colour combinations of this piece. For some reason, I seem to get a feeling of sadness and oppression when I see this. It's beautiful! (:
    Thanks for the complement. That's what I love about art; everyone has different interpretations, but they're all legitimate. ^^

    Quote Originally Posted by HatenaCAMERON View Post
    This is my FIRST human drawing,but I personally think it's my best.What do you guys think?

    Drawing of Italy Dressed for Halloween
    Paaastaaaa~ I love it. Very cute.

    Speaking of Hetalia...http://i1105.photobucket.com/albums/...eeowoo/002.jpg bad scanner is bad
    I drew this for one of the cover title pages for our Writer's Craft magazine. Basically, at the end of the course, we created a magazine that showcases our short stories and poems for the school to read. We separated each section by a different theme, which represents a continent. I got North America. So when I was coming up with ideas on what to do, I basically said this over and over in my head: "Try not to include stereotypes, this is not Hetalia. Try not to include stereotypes, this is not Hetalia. Try not to include stereotypes, this is not Hetalia." Then after, "Dammit, I drew a cowboy for America!" D:

  22. #72
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    14,521

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacifist3000 View Post
    Thanks for the complement. That's what I love about art; everyone has different interpretations, but they're all legitimate. ^^


    Paaastaaaa~ I love it. Very cute.

    Speaking of Hetalia...http://i1105.photobucket.com/albums/...eeowoo/002.jpg bad scanner is bad
    I drew this for one of the cover title pages for our Writer's Craft magazine. Basically, at the end of the course, we created a magazine that showcases our short stories and poems for the school to read. We separated each section by a different theme, which represents a continent. I got North America. So when I was coming up with ideas on what to do, I basically said this over and over in my head: "Try not to include stereotypes, this is not Hetalia. Try not to include stereotypes, this is not Hetalia. Try not to include stereotypes, this is not Hetalia." Then after, "Dammit, I drew a cowboy for America!" D:
    Lol the one with the drums on it's back looks like a mermaid...
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

  23. #73

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lamia View Post
    This was probably one of my biggest projects, mainly because it was done on a somewhat large scale. I have different scans of different parts of the face but this is probably my favourite one.
    How do you go about scanning your artwork, may I ask?

  24. #74
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Eleventh View Post
    How do you go about scanning your artwork, may I ask?
    We had an A3 scanner back in School which is when I scanned all of the ones I've shown. It's better than the one I have at home, so I guess it was just a good scanner. Most of the time we'd just hand our work in to our teacher and she scanned them for us.

    xxx

  25. #75
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Elsa's Ice Palace.
    Posts
    3,506

    Default

    Well, this is for my La La Land 2 FanFic... meowth_city and me 7 years ago in the story. PiPa (Me) was badly injured and this is how they met. PiPa had a bad past but as she grew up with Meow, she forgot her bad past, but Meow didn't...
    Yeah, massive cut across her face, which explains she hides her face like emo style and bruises...like strangled and stuff... nya~


Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •