Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Should disobedient Pokemon be disqualified from official battles?

Quote Originally Posted by AquaMilotic View Post
    I think disobedient Pokemon should not be disqualified like during Ash vs. Ritchie, and neither should sleeping Pokemon. A Pokemon should be considered defeated once it's really defeated. A disobedient Pokemon can (even though the chance is small) suddenly obey during a battle, or just battle on its own without listening to its Trainers commands. And a sleeping Pokemon - which can sometimes be caused by disobedience (Charizard) - can wake up before getting defeated.

However, if the disobedient Pokemon causes too much danger, the Pokemon should be retreated to its Poke Ball and considered defeated. But disqualifying a Trainer in a 3 vs. 3 battle because his first Pokemon is disobedient would be unfair.
    This pretty much. What Dragonite did in the tournament was so not okay.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    This pretty much. What Dragonite did in the tournament was so not okay.
    But since the writers say so, it is. Contrived writing FTW!

You got that right! The Legend of Korra is returning on October 3rd! Mark your calendars!

I'm ok with it so long as a character doesn't win the whole thing with a disobedient pokemon

Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    But since the writers say so, it is. Contrived writing FTW!
    Ya well the writers need to stop trolling and abusing thier power lol.
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ConUxie223 View Post
    And the reason Charzaird was disqualified in Kanto, was because it was clearly refusing to battle and had no place on the battlefield.
    Fixed it for you.

And as An00bis said, the officials do have a right to correct a Trainer on their battling style because it's they're job. Especially when a pseudo-legendary is going on a rampage and putting innocent spectators in danger. Why would they put them in danger in order to get Iris to see the lack of bond between her and Dragonite?

You got that right! The Legend of Korra is returning on October 3rd! Mark your calendars!

Fixed it for you.

And as An00bis said, the officials do have a right to correct a Trainer on their battling style because it's they're job. Especially when a pseudo-legendary is going on a rampage and putting innocent spectators in danger. Why would they put them in danger in order to get Iris to see the lack of bond between her and Dragonite?
    I believe the reason Ash was disqualified is cuz Charizard left the battle field lol.

I believe the reason Ash was disqualified is cuz Charizard left the battle field lol.
    Basically, he was like "F**k this, I'm out."

I think you just should not be allowed to register pokemon that you clearly know to be disobidient.

Basically, he was like "F**k this, I'm out."
    Exactly, so he deserved to get thrown out for that.

Dragonite should have been disqualified the minute he started on his rampage.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    I think you just should not be allowed to register pokemon that you clearly know to be disobidient.
    Don't worry. Iris believes in the Heart of the Ca- I mean, Dragons so clearly Dragonite will come around in battle if she believes!

Nah, I kid.

Quote Originally Posted by octopusG44 View Post
    Dragonite should have been disqualified the minute he started on his rampage.
    This pretty much, although then Krookodile wouldn't get his epic kill so I'm torn .

Pokemon that go on a rampage should be banned. It is the trainer's job to make sure their pokemon don't go on a rampage and if they can't manage that it means they are not ready for the big tournaments. If a pokemon causes serious injury it beats the purpose of pokemon battles which is competition in a safe environment, remember the first pokemon movie dealt with what its like when pokemon battle beyond the need of friendly competition. It's only because the writers don't want to show the consquences of a disobdient pokemon that no one has been seriuosly injured.

This pretty much, although then Krookodile wouldn't get his epic kill so I'm torn .
    Krookodile could have always gotten an epic kill somewhere else.

To me no, you may never know what will happen like destroying the bleachers!

Quote Originally Posted by Thing View Post
    Krookodile could have always gotten an epic kill somewhere else.
    Ya but just to evolve and then the battle be stopped would be lame.

Quote Originally Posted by Duranteater View Post
    To me no, you may never know what will happen like destroying the bleachers!
    And even if people watching survive, they had just wasted a money on tickets for seats that are wrecked now. But I digress.

I found a thread on Bulbagarden that really gave me food for thought:

And I'm inclined to agree with him. Hell, the only reason this isn't so in the actual Anime is because (all together now) the writers says so.

So what are your thoughts on all this?

And if you have a burning hatred for Bulbagarden, DON'T BRING IT UP! NOT EVEN CROSSED OUT!
    I agree with both of you: actually, I find they should be banned if they can cause serious danger to trainer, rival, and bystanders.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

It's practical to ban unruly Pokemon. They could do a lot of damage, or they could hold up the games. Even if Ash is the main character, the league shouldn't give him hours to convince Charizard to battle. The league has other battles scheduled, other trainers need a chance to battle, and TV networks like action. (I'm betting the league lots of money by airing the matches on TV. )
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this into your sig if you are too.†

Well, since i'm only familiar with Ash & Charizard, I would say that a disobedient pokemon should be automatically disqualified if it is shown that that it doesn't respond to any of it's trainer's commands..

Lost my Platinum, so that's not good. On the other hand, I have heartgold and my FC is:

Jimmy

5070 6163 8015

Quote Originally Posted by pacman000 View Post
    It's practical to ban unruly Pokemon. They could do a lot of damage, or they could hold up the games. Even if Ash is the main character, the league shouldn't give him hours to convince Charizard to battle. The league has other battles scheduled, other trainers need a chance to battle, and TV networks like action. (I'm betting the league lots of money by airing the matches on TV. )
    Unfortunately, that's not the case when the plot demands it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123