Thread: THE "DENPA" MEN: They Came By Wave

Default THE "DENPA" MEN: They Came By Wave

This is a Pokemon forum. I cannot be the only one here who downloaded this cutesy-looking but actually fairly deep and fun JRPG.

For those of you who are sadly unaware, Denpa Men is a JRPG for the 3DS, downloadable for $9.99. It was released as Denpa Ningen no RPG in Japan on February 8th, 2012, and has only recently made it to the US on September 27th, 2012. The idea is that you use the 3DS's gyroscope and camera to search for Denpa Men around "radio waves" (WiFi hotspots), who you capture and send into battles. If you're unsure of whether or not this appeals to you, you can download the demo from the eShop for free and play through the first dungeon. Should you decide to purchase the full version, you can save the data from your demo to your 3DS and continue on in the full version from where you left off. Scan this code on your 3DS camera to automatically go to the game's page on the eShop to download it, or just load up the eShop yourself and find it.

Yes, there is, in fact, a sequel to this. It's called Denpa Ningen no RPG 2, and was released in Japan on September 26th, 2012 (a day before the American release of Denpa Men 1). Thinking about getting the sequel? If the prequel flops, the sequel won't be released. If you want the sequel, buy the prequel.

This is the official site, and this is the trailer. Watch the trailer and gaze upon its great awesomeness. It's both great and awesome.

Share some QR codes, share some current dungeon progress, share some opinions, findings, whatever. Let's do this thing.

Discuss.
    Last edited by Excitable Boy; 3rd October 2012 at 4:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by a person View Post
    it was released worldwide on September 27th, 2012.
    No it wasn't, Europe is still yet to get the game.

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

I downloaded the demo and enjoyed it but man it's unforgiving. Once one dies you all die pretty much

Might pick it up when I'm not drowning in Pokemon

xDoN904™ is offline ⓈⓅⒺⒺⒹⓎ★ⓈⓅⒺⒺⒹ★ⒷⓄⓎ

I tried it out and it looks good. Might get around buying it once i get some spare cash laying around.

3DS FC: 3523 2818 0917 X IGN: PsychoDon904 Y IGN: PsychoDon904

NOTICE: I just started my part time job recently and I don't have as much time to trade so on the weekdays I am available between 12pm - 3pm/11pm - 4am EST Monday - Friday and all day Sundays when I wake up.

Pokemon Y Is my main of the two with over 999:59+ Hours invested since launch.

Pokemon X&Y!!!
    FS type: Electric (Stunfisk, Electrode and Galvantula)

Y MM Tries: 11
    Current MM: N/A
    Successful MM: 3IV Deino (73rd egg)/3IV Honedge (433rd egg)/4IV Gible (8th egg)/5IV Goomy (8th Egg)/4IV(0 Spe) Honedge (100th egg)/4IV (0 Def....GARBAGE!!!) Pumpkaboo XL (12th egg)/5IV Machop (72nd egg)

Woo, beat the King of Evil today. That was cool.

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    I downloaded the demo and enjoyed it but man it's unforgiving. Once one dies you all die pretty much
    Well, all of the heroes start with Revive power, which lets you revive dead Denpa Men. Since your hero can't die permanently, it's pretty handy.

The idea is that some of your Denpas will die, but you'll just catch new ones to fill the gap left behind.
    Last edited by Excitable Boy; 3rd October 2012 at 11:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by a person View Post
    Woo, beat the King of Evil today. That was cool.

Well, all of the heroes start with Revive power, which lets you revive dead Denpa Men. Since your hero can't die permanently, it's pretty handy.

The idea is that some of your Denpas will die, but you'll just catch new ones to fill the gap left behind.
    I get that their expendable it's more just that there wasn't a way to restock while deep in a dungeon
    also you have to use items to refill your magic or whatever

Is the game worth it? It kinda looks like battling in Golden Sun, and collecting like in Find Mii. I wanna get other peoples' opinions before making a decision.

Spoiler:- Credits:

I have claimed Chance by UVERworld!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Trainer X View Post
    Is the game worth it? It kinda looks like battling in Golden Sun, and collecting like in Find Mii. I wanna get other peoples' opinions before making a decision.
    There's a demo
    Play that