Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Thread: Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!

That one tugged my heartstrings. But that's quite a leap from one episode to another.

My 3DS FC: 3351-4281-5654. Message me if you want to fight in Smash or something.

Quote Originally Posted by mephistopheles. View Post
    i feel like i'm the only one here who actually enjoyed this episode. it was about time for rikka to face the reality.
    Not arguing with that, I just don't see why facing reality has to mean squashing the creativity out of her and making her really gloomy for much of the second half of the series. This might be a personal bugbear more than anything (female characters who become excessively gloomy, broody or weepy have turned me off series in the past), but I think there are ways of integrating drama so that it doesn't deform the characters too much.

I wish there was more warmth, too. After the confession, it looks like Yuuta has assumed some kind of big brother role rather than that of a boyfriend. He's trying to guide her, but it's like there's a voice inside him shouting "SHOW HER YOU LOVE HER!" that he's determined to ignore at all costs. Why is he holding back? What on Earth was the confession for?

The one thing I was glad of in this episode is that Rikka's friends are finally starting to get involved in her emotional turmoil, even if it involves Dekomori going mental and Nibutani... taking notice but staying out of it. The disconnect between the drama with Rikka and the comedy with the rest of her unaware circle didn't feel right to me. I hope some of them play an important role in the final episode - it would be nice to show Rikka that she was wrong in trying to abandon her old friends to stop delusions from running her life.
    100% of information in signatures on this forum involving percentages is false. If you feel as cheated by this atrocity as I do, don't you dare copy this into your signature.
    Hold on... if this percentage was correct at the time of print, that means the actual percentage of false information is less than 100% if this signature is included. Which means that... no! I've become a slave to the system!!

Quote Originally Posted by TotalPotato View Post
    it's like there's a voice inside him shouting "SHOW HER YOU LOVE HER!" that he's determined to ignore at all costs. Why is he holding back? What on Earth was the confession for?
    He's an anime protagonist.

At this point, the only thing I can give this show points for is going in the direction nobody expected. The same could be said of someone running a race backwards.
    Done here.

Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Champion#06 View Post
    Clearly this episode needed more of Kumin.

They should make a whole episode about her.
    The OVA can be an animation loop of her sleeping for 24 minutes.
    It's already been done. Not the best idea.
    http://myanimelist.net/anime.php?id=7897

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    It's already been done. Not the best idea.
    http://myanimelist.net/anime.php?id=7897
    I feel bad that I knew what show you were talking about without even clicking the link. It would be much better with Kumin anyway.
    My Anime List

Spoiler:- My Claims:

i demand a second season or we riot
    My Pokemon Y Team

My favorite Poke's from each generation :

**** I'm going to miss this show. I enjoyed pretty much every second of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr SPYDA View Post
    i demand a second season or we riot
    And that season 2 needs much, much more chuunibyou Kumin.
    My Anime List

Chuunibyou Kumin was my favourite part, Dekomori with her hair down looks great, and most importantly they didn't fudge up the ending. I'll admit I was a little worried because of how depressing episode 11 was but thankfully they remembered to include some comedy. That, and heartwarming happy ending. I don't think I really have anything else to say, the last hit every single note I was hoping for.

Dekomori with her hair down looks great
    I agree with this, the only way she could look better is with a ponytail.
    My Anime List

I loved Yuuta's reaction to the reformed Dekomori! My head was saying that the ending didn't make a whole lot of sense, but my heart was telling my head to shut up and enjoy the sweetness.

To be honest, I can't see a second season of this - it really seemed like KyoAni were trying to demonstrate a moral about childhood fantasies in this series through Yuuta and Rikka, and now that they've wrapped that up, I don't think they'll do another season.
    100% of information in signatures on this forum involving percentages is false. If you feel as cheated by this atrocity as I do, don't you dare copy this into your signature.
    Hold on... if this percentage was correct at the time of print, that means the actual percentage of false information is less than 100% if this signature is included. Which means that... no! I've become a slave to the system!!

Quote Originally Posted by TotalPotato View Post
    To be honest, I can't see a second season of this - it really seemed like KyoAni were trying to demonstrate a moral about childhood fantasies in this series through Yuuta and Rikka, and now that they've wrapped that up, I don't think they'll do another season.
    I don't like the sound of your logical conclusion.
    My Anime List

I only just noticed that they didn't wrap up Isshiki and Kumin. By which I mean THEY WERE SUPPOSED TO BE TOGETHER WAAAAH.
    Also, Sanae x Shinka.
    My Anime List

That ending was so good! I was hearing the last episode was bad so I was skeptical when I watched it, but it was kinda beautiful. Also, the Mayan calendar reference was a little creepy since that's supposed to happen tomorrow (or today, for some people.)
    I hope a second season will happen someday; I need more Rikka.

My 3DS FC: 3351-4281-5654. Message me if you want to fight in Smash or something.

I don't think there needs to be a second season.
    In any case I want Haruhi season 3 first, or the extremely unlikely Nichijou 2.
    My Anime List

If she was stalking and admiring him for two years then why was it so confusing for her that she liked him? Don't introduce new facts in the last episode that are inconsistent with everything we've already seen. It's just bad storytelling. Speaking of bad storytelling, there's perhaps none worse than bringing in a previously unheard from narrator to wrap up your point. That is as lazy as it gets.

To summarise this show, an above-average comedy series that halfway through decided to be a joyless parable to answer a question nobody asked. Ugh.
    Done here.

Quote Originally Posted by themightydoof View Post
    If she was stalking and admiring him for two years then why was it so confusing for her that she liked him?
    Is it really unbelievable that she didn't understand what it felt like to be in live with someone?

Speaking of bad storytelling, there's perhaps none worse than bringing in a previously unheard from narrator to wrap up your point. That is as lazy as it gets.

The narrator was in the first episode.
    My Anime List

Quote Originally Posted by Jolteon91 View Post
    Is it really unbelievable that she didn't understand what it felt like to be in live with someone?
    It just didn't feel like her character had ever been written with that backstory in mind. The twist just doesn't, to me, gel with the rest of the series. Think... the revelation about River Song's parenthood in Doctor Who. It's like that.

Oops. Okay, my mistake.
    Done here.

Quote Originally Posted by themightydoof View Post
    Think... the revelation about River Song's parenthood in Doctor Who. It's like that.
    Unfortunately for your analogy I don't watch Doctor Who.
    My Anime List

I love how that letter from the DARK FLAME MASTER just happens to arrive at a point where Yuuta would need it most. The Dark Flame Master's powers be true!

Then Yuuta tortures himself biking all the way to Rikka's grandparents house, and then all of his friends follow by car. They must have passed him on the way and decided it would be more dramatic to show up right after him.

Yuuta's reaction to normal Dekomori was amusing, but I kept thinking "Come on man! This is what you wanted! ....... Or is it?"

A lot of people on MAL are complaining that Yuuta and Rikka never kissed, but that's one of the things I don't really mind. I mean these two could never even hold hands, just pinky fingers, so why would they take it to the kissing level?

All in all the show wasn't BAD, but I spent most of it being annoyed by Rikka and Dekomori.
    Are you a fan of Magical Girls?
    Share your love of Sailor Moon, Precure, Madoka Magica and all your favorite defenders of love and justice at Magical Girl Cafe!

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast