Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!

He wont fight, he'll use his Gea..... Maybe he will fight.

EDIT: That episode was freakin' awesome.

The set up Rikka and Sanae had for the magic circle was great, I laughed through pretty much that whole segment (and the whole episode) the lights, the fan, the flour, they are so dedicated to their delusions and I love it.

Shinka's complete 180 change in personality is great, I loved how easy she seemed to switch between them too, one second she's all sweet and innocent, the next she's a total *****. I like her more now.

During her "fight" with Sanae, I completely lost my **** when Sanae rapped the ribbon around her arm and then acted as if it hurt, that was just great. Then the end, Yuuta telling Rikka to handle it, so she gets out another bag of flower, and I lost my **** again.

Also I love the ED, I must import the single.
    Last edited by Jolteon91; 25th October 2012 at 11:29 AM.
    My Anime List

Spoiler:- My Claims:

Kyoto Animation, you can truly still deliver flashes of genius. Jerkass Nibutani is absolutely brilliant. Poor Yuuta, so disillusioned.

A good Lite as well, it's amusing to see things from Kumin's perspective. Also, why do the Lite OP and EDs have to be so vastly superior?
    Done here.

Man , I like Shinna personality Change.
    Now I want her to fall for Yuuta even more because she might become a Tsundere !

I checked out 4chan's reaction, the backlash on Nibutani's character is ridiculous. Sooooo much hatred. Best part is this was all according to plan. I have faith Kyoto Animation knew exactly what they were doing and what was going to happen here. In the first three episodes Nibutani's built up as this adorable perfect wonder of a girl. Class rep, on the cheerleading squad, #1 in the cuteness polls, and (most importantly) friendly to the main character. Well there's that AND she was not a chuunibyou like Rikka. They put her on the opposite end of the spectrum, almost as a representation of the normal life Yuuta's been trying to get. He's even got these adorable fantasies about her, and soon enough (I don't know if I'm the only one here but) I started rooting for him to end up with her even though chances were next to zero that it'd actually happen. Then she turns out to have the same secret Yuuta does! They're perfect for each other right? NOPE. She turns out to be a *****. She looks down on the other club members and only is associating herself with them to accomplish her own goals. So yeah, people got pissed. And that's exactly what KyoAni was hoping for. How many guys out there have seen a girl that looks very pretty and nice but then once you get to know them they're a huge *****? Just like how many guys have asked a girl out and made a fool of themselves, about 80%. So while they're putting Nibutani in the red for now, they secretly making you sympathize with the main character that much more. On top of all the constant embarassment you feel for him there's also some subtle heartbreak. Great thing is, he doesn't mope and reflect on it. It just happens and you're told to deal with it. Genius.

Quote Originally Posted by themightydoof View Post
    Also, why do the Lite OP and EDs have to be so vastly superior?
    I like the TV series' OP more (even the old version) than the Lite OP but I like the Lite ED more than the TV series' ED.

Lite 5 was alright, even though it was reintroducing the characters we already know, we get it from Kumin's point of view.

Quote Originally Posted by themightydoof View Post
    Or perhaps... SHE WORKS FOR THE FORCES OF DARKNESS.
    This turned out to be surprisingly accurate!

Nibutani Shinka is giving off some major Kawashima Ami vibes right now. I expected her to continue down the road as a competing love interest over Rikka, and while that might still happen, it seems unlikely. Truth be told, I kind of liked her as a distraction for Yuuta's affections because I think it would have been really interesting for Yuuta to have this seemingly perfect girl in front of him, and then to be won over by Rikka anyway. With that potential source of romantic tension out of the way, I'm hoping that won't dampen the effectiveness of the romance element when it's introduced to the story.

Humour continues to be amazing. I loved it when Rikka and Sanae were trying to open the gate to the Overworld, but they had to stop mid-preparation speech because Rikka's umbrella Schwarz Sechs Prototype Mark II was blown away!
    100% of information in signatures on this forum involving percentages is false. If you feel as cheated by this atrocity as I do, don't you dare copy this into your signature.
    Hold on... if this percentage was correct at the time of print, that means the actual percentage of false information is less than 100% if this signature is included. Which means that... no! I've become a slave to the system!!

I speedrun DS Pokémon games. Currently, I speedrun Pokémon White 2, and I've also ran Pokémon Pearl in the past. If you want to see Pokémon games pushed to their limits (or if you want to do so yourself!), check out the Pokémon Speedruns website, and if you want to watch me, catch me on my Twitch channel.

Quote Originally Posted by TotalPotato View Post
    Nibutani Shinka is giving off some major Kawashima Ami vibes right now.
    I knew the personality swap seemed familiar, I just couldn't place it, she's like KyoAni's brown haired Ami.

On the subject of Lite Ep. 5, I agree with Kumin, Yuuta totally wants to play along, and when he finally does it will be amazing.
    My Anime List

Convinced that everyone in that class has Eight-Grade-Syndrome.

Also the flour bombs are the strongest items in the show.
    Last edited by Jb; 27th October 2012 at 4:54 AM.

I convinced my friend to pick up this show even though he's not a huge anime watcher. I ended up re-watching the first four episodes with him.

Episode 5's preview is up. That second shot, my God.

Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Champion#06 View Post
    I convinced my friend to pick up this show even though he's not a huge anime watcher. I ended up re-watching the first four episodes with him.

Episode 5's preview is up. That second shot, my God.
    Them school swimsuits, do want.
    My Anime List

Another great episode.

Sanae "drinking" the milk was hilarious, she was so proud of her self , and Kumin just plays along, despite watching her spit it all over Shinka. Sanae and Rikka providing their own BGM great too, and Sanae is apparently a genius (or just smarter than everyone else at her school, either way).

Rikka's reaction to Sanae assuming she could do math easy was great, and then Yuuta stole the show with a great line:
    "It's like getting 300% damage in Smash Brothers."

I know that feeling.

Kumin pointing out that being a Chuunibyou looks like fun, Yuuta and Shinka know it's true, they just don't want to admit it, but it will happen eventually, Yuuta even joined in a bit when talking about how the 7 times table are like progressive levels, and then again at the end when giving Rikka a new email address, he is so close to joining in, and I can't wait for it to happen.
    My Anime List

Okay after that mind-blowing episode four I was expecting the next episode to drop just a little bit.

NOPE.

Episode 5 hit all my good spots. Drama, comedy, heartfelt moments, fan service, a extremely brief discussion of chuunibyou/foreshadowing of future topics, and just damn good storytelling. It also featured every single character except Yuuta's guy friend (who isn't that important right now, let's be honest).

Kumin hits the nail on the head this episode when asking what's really wrong with having chuunibyou. She points out how it looks fun, but not whether they should care if it's embarrassing. I can only imagine they'll do that later. I grew much more attached to Rikka this episode as well. Her character grew from just being about chuunibyou (which was really all she did for the last few weeks) to actually having normal problems. She's lonely, she's got problems with focusing on work (which I can relate to), and she felt more human instead of just a one-trick-chuunibyou-pony. Which is fantastic.

And the bit with the two sisters playing house killed me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jolteon91 View Post
    Rikka's reaction to Sanae assuming she could do math easy was great, and then Yuuta stole the show with a great line:
    "It's like getting 300% damage in Smash Brothers."
    They bleeped that out (Lucky Star style! [I think]) but what was they other thing they bleeped in the pool fight?

They bleeped that out (Lucky Star style! [I think]) but what was they other thing they bleeped in the pool fight?
    Yeah, same beeping out they used in Lucky Star, and I don't know what the second reference was towards.

Also, Sanae curling Rikka in the background while Yuuta and Shinka were talking to Kumin was great.

Spoiler:- Also this:
    Last edited by Jolteon91; 1st November 2012 at 8:50 AM.
    My Anime List

Something from the Phantasy Star series of games... I think.

I don't even know which comedic bit to mention since it was all so good, so I'll mention something else. It looks like Rikka might actually have trouble opening up to people, probably partly because she was lonely during her middle school years. In that sense, her delusions might be some kind of defence mechanism (though I'm not denying she really enjoys them). But yeah, sweet and funny all around. These kind of series are my favourites if they're done really well, and this show has been done really, really well so far.
    100% of information in signatures on this forum involving percentages is false. If you feel as cheated by this atrocity as I do, don't you dare copy this into your signature.
    Hold on... if this percentage was correct at the time of print, that means the actual percentage of false information is less than 100% if this signature is included. Which means that... no! I've become a slave to the system!!

I speedrun DS Pokémon games. Currently, I speedrun Pokémon White 2, and I've also ran Pokémon Pearl in the past. If you want to see Pokémon games pushed to their limits (or if you want to do so yourself!), check out the Pokémon Speedruns website, and if you want to watch me, catch me on my Twitch channel.

My Anime List

Yuuta's mom also got some more lines this episode, and now I want to see even more of her. I can kind of see where Yuuta got his middle school delusions from. On the other hand his sister seems adopted now.

Also, Sanae curling Rikka in the background while Yuuta and Shinka were talking to Kumin was great.
    Kumin had her own great moments this episode. Like that karate chop roll dodge thing. I hope they do more with her character besides just being "the one who naps." This episode has started to help alleviate that but they can go a bit further too.

Spoiler:- Also this:
    That part still looks a bit weird to me. Like Rikka's turning around going "DUUUURRRRRR."
    I'm not used to her eyes looking like that.

I don't even know which comedic bit to mention since it was all so good, so I'll mention something else. It looks like Rikka might actually have trouble opening up to people, probably partly because she was lonely during her middle school years. In that sense, her delusions might be some kind of defence mechanism (though I'm not denying she really enjoys them). But yeah, sweet and funny all around. These kind of series are my favourites if they're done really well, and this show has been done really, really well so far.
    No kidding. I can't say enough how much I love this series right now. I might even like it more than Hyouka, which was also outstanding!

New Lite episode too. Funny stuff if ever brief. I'm glad they put this aside and didn't focus on Nibutani that much in episode 5.

And Jolteon91 descended from above and said "There shall be an OVA!" and all was well.

Edit: Someone on tumblr pointed this out too.
        Spoiler:- :
    Last edited by Charizard Champion#06; 2nd November 2012 at 12:00 AM.

I never saw Oreki pose like that but Yuuta face does reassemble him.
    The boy in that picture look like Leouch .
    I was wondering who was the character who pose like that but I guess the answer was right in font of me.
    I guess now Rinka fallen head over the heel for him.
    I'm more interested in seeing Yuuta conquering Shiika.
    It will be cool to see some Tsundere moment.
    So , How is it in the novel ?
    Anyway , How do you guys post picture.
    I can seem to do it in Serebii . (Off course I can do it in Bulbagarden)
    Aren't you people's image Code Closed ???
    Last edited by vodor; 2nd November 2012 at 2:49 AM.

That part still looks a bit weird to me. Like Rikka's turning around going "DUUUURRRRRR."
    I'm not used to her eyes looking like that.
    When she did that I thought to myself (with Keima's voice in my head) "I can see the ending!"

And Jolteon91 descended from above and said "There shall be an OVA!" and all was well.
    Oh, if only I really had a power that allowed me to dictate which series get extra seasons/episodes.

KyoAni intentionally doing a self reference? Have they ever done that before?
    My Anime List

When she did that I thought to myself (with Keima's voice in my head) "I can see the ending!"
    We've all seen the ending at this point. It's in the opening.

KyoAni intentionally doing a self reference? Have they ever done that before?
    NEVER!

Second one is Hyouka. Intentional?
    You're clutching at straws here. The other ones people have posted in this thread I can see, but this? They just looks like standard melodramatic poses to me.
    Use [spoil] if you don't want any words in your spoiler tags, by the way

Quote Originally Posted by vodor View Post
    I never saw Oreki pose like that but Yuuta face does reassemble him.
    The boy in that picture look like Leouch .
    I was wondering who was the character who pose like that but I guess the answer was right in font of me.
    I guess now Rinka fallen head over the heel for him.
    I'm more interested in seeing Yuuta conquering Shiika.
    It will be cool to see some Tsundere moment.
    So , How is it in the novel ?
    Anyway , How do you guys post picture.
    I can seem to do it in Serebii . (Off course I can do it in Bulbagarden)
    Aren't you people's image Code Closed ???
    It works if you use [img139]. And I don't want to know how it turns out in the novel! Well, the final pairing seems pretty certain, but I'd rather the details remain a mystery.

It works if you use [img139]. And I don't want to know how it turns out in the novel! Well, the final pairing seems pretty certain, but I'd rather the details remain a mystery.
    Yeah, I don't think anyone doubts it will end up Yuuta x Rikka's sister, it's just a matter of how we get there.
    My Anime List

Yeah, I don't think anyone doubts it will end up Yuuta x Rikka's sister, it's just a matter of how we get there.
    Oh, I was actually talking about Rikka x Sanae because that's where most of the screentime seems to be focused. But maybe they're getting that out of the way early to leave plenty of room for Yuuta x Touka goodness.

Oh, I was actually talking about Rikka x Sanae because that's where most of the screentime seems to be focused. But maybe they're getting that out of the way early to leave plenty of room for Yuuta x Touka goodness.
    I assumed Rikka x Sanae was already done, it sure looks that way.
    My Anime List

I'm kinda confused at the moment. Someone said to me that Pillow-Sempai and Sanae are not in the novels, is this true?
    I thought about reading the novels sometime, but if Pillow-Sempai and Sanae are not in them, how different is the story, I wonder? (Also, I know that Touka is an anime-exclusive character, too.)

I just began watching this anime an hour or so ago. I'll sya this right now; I love it. I just freaking love it. My favorite character is Rikka, and this whole "delusions" thing that happens in eight grade just made my almost die laughing. I'm going to watch more later sdfghjk.

Spoiler:- Some Things:

Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos_Dude View Post
    I'm kinda confused at the moment. Someone said to me that Pillow-Sempai and Sanae are not in the novels, is this true?
    I thought about reading the novels sometime, but if Pillow-Sempai and Sanae are not in them, how different is the story, I wonder? (Also, I know that Touka is an anime-exclusive character, too.)
    Sanae and Kumin are indeed anime original characters.
    My Anime List

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast