Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Unova's Survival Crisis (758)

The most disturbing thing was seeing Meowth actual sit like a cat after they were hit by Pikachu's ball. XD

Love how Ben 10 got 3 promos in the commercial break but Pokemon season 16 got nothing

Quote Originally Posted by G4Pokefan View Post
    I guess the writers didn't want to explain how Pikachu's Electro Ball was Amped up to 11.
    Uhhh it is kinda obvious. He was hit by that legendary attack which powered him up. Might also have to do with him being Zekrom's attack who might of had a reverse effect due to different charges in electric types.
    Last edited by MidnightMelody; 26th January 2013 at 3:52 PM.

It was a great conclusion of the Team Rocket plot. Ash and friends managed to stop Team Rocket from taking over Unova. And Meloetta leaves with Ridley. Everything turned out alright.

Oh, Pikachu. That Mega Electro Ball would be soooooooooo fitting to you if you really were beyond level 100 (unless Thundurus didn't have to do anything with it and Team Rocket as a whole was super, super slow). Now, if only Ash could abuse the hell out of that... I guess the most ridiculous thing I saw in this episode was Cynthia's flying Garchomp and....Cilan using Pansage of all things to fight.

As for the ending of this episode, I kept staring at poor Oshawott crying his head out.

This is one of the best episodes of the Best Wishes saga. I loved it.

Quote Originally Posted by nuzamaki90 View Post
    Dude! Spoilers!

Liked that huge Electro Ball. Also, when JJM said "help the boss" it reminds me the days back in Sinnoh where all they thought was about the Pokemon they will bring to him.
    In snow, the pure white coat covering its body obscures it from predators.
    Dewgong

So... All that intensity, All that suspense, all that action, heck we even saw a possessed Giovanni! You think they would make this a 3 parter right? WRONG! Rather then have Team Rocket temporary Join Ash and stop a possessed Giovanni from destroying Unova they just... End it.... And what does Giovanni do? Retreat back to Kanto. So that's it? No epic part 3? Really Shopro? Really....? Oh well! Back to the WiFi competition!
    DON'T LET OTHERS DEFINE YOU!
    YOU DEFINE YOURSELF!!
    Nintendo Network ID: Marbi-Z
    3DS Friend Code: 4596-9457-8718
    Platinum Team:
    Heartgold Team:
    White Team:
    White 2 Team:
    Alternates:
    I Love LOPUNNY and I Love GARDEVOIR too!
    Wanna battle and/or exchange 3DS Friend Codes?
    PM or VM me!

Great episode. Pikachu was insane there, and Jessie was right. It's sad to see Meloetta leave, but oh well. Maybe it will reappear another time? Doubtful.

And right, if Team Rocket destroyed Unova, then there wouldn't be much for them to take over.

I was disappointed that there was hardly any interaction between Giovanni and Ash. I watched just to see it, but it rarely did.
    You know your name better than I do. YAY!

This episode was very well done. My only minor gripe lies with the fact that simply knocking Giovanni off the pedestal to get him to stop being "evil" was a bit anti-climatic. I was also disappointed to see Meloetta leave.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

Quote Originally Posted by WaterDragon trainer View Post
    This episode was very well done. My only minor gripe lies with the fact that simply knocking Giovanni off the pedestal to get him to stop being "evil" was a bit anti-climatic. I was also disappointed to see Meloetta leave.
    I do believe that the pedestal is the only spot where one can control the Kami Trio. Seems like it was a fatal weakness.

Quote Originally Posted by WaterDragon trainer View Post
    Unfortunatly the writers had to have that kind of ending due to time constraints. I still think they should have made this a 3 parter.
    DON'T LET OTHERS DEFINE YOU!
    YOU DEFINE YOURSELF!!
    Nintendo Network ID: Marbi-Z
    3DS Friend Code: 4596-9457-8718
    Platinum Team:
    Heartgold Team:
    White Team:
    White 2 Team:
    Alternates:
    I Love LOPUNNY and I Love GARDEVOIR too!
    Wanna battle and/or exchange 3DS Friend Codes?
    PM or VM me!

Overall, this was a great episode- definitely one of the best in all of BW. Also, I can't wait for next week because that one's super good, too.

So many good things happened here.

-Iris and Dragonite bonding a bit.
    -The Unfezant, Pansage, Golurk, Dragonite, and Garchomp bits. I loved those.
    -The ocean being frozen. It was a nice nod to B2W2.
    -Jessia, James and Meowth protecting Giovanni at all costs. It's not that it surprises me, I just like it.
    -The changing of Formes was well animated, in my opinion.
    -The Kami Trio acted like total bosses, which was good.

Also, something I fangasmed at while watching: At the end when Cynthia is talking about Meloetta and Meloetta dances around her, I fangasmed. It was completely adorable!

Currently writing: The Missing Link!
    Chapters posted: 10
    Please read and review. I'll be eternally grateful.

Good episode to end TR current arc in Unova, wished it could've been 3 episode so that the writing didn't feel rushed. Only problem's I have is Godchu showing up and saving the day again thus solidifying more of TR going after Pikchu cause we can't think of anything better to do with them, & would've liked if the Dub had kept the voice change for Tornadus. Onto the cross dressing episode.
    Last edited by Battra; 28th January 2013 at 3:54 PM.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

Probably in the minority but I really didn't like these episodes, the second half in particular. I thought the Therian Formes were underutilized, they were just sort of fighting in the background while the action was going on between Ash and Team Rocket. Also, if the Therian formes are such huge threats to all of Unova, why are they subdued by a ragtag group of Garchomp, Dragonite, Golurk, and Pansage? If they tried to attack Unova I'm guessing the combined trainers, Elite Four, and Champion of the region could stop them pretty easily.

Seeing Giovanni go power mad was cool, but he was defeated way too easily by Pikachu pulling that electro ball out of absolutely nowhere, and then losing his control over the Therian Formes just by being tackled. I hope we see Giovanni again because I think he deserves a better send-off.

I will say I enjoyed the Bakura cameo. Seriously, close your eyes and tell me that's not who you hear when Giovanni is going crazy.
    Defeated Super Single Subway Master Ingo - August 19th, 2013

Searching for: Litwick - Near Perfect IVs, Manetric (Shiny) - Good IVs, Switcheroo
    Can offer high IV'd Bagons, Digletts, and Darumakas, as well as DWs, Pokerus, and more, PM me if interesting in negotiating.

Quote Originally Posted by RVD_fan View Post
    Probably in the minority but I really didn't like these episodes, the second half in particular. I thought the Therian Formes were underutilized, they were just sort of fighting in the background while the action was going on between Ash and Team Rocket. Also, if the Therian formes are such huge threats to all of Unova, why are they subdued by a ragtag group of Garchomp, Dragonite, Golurk, and Pansage? If they tried to attack Unova I'm guessing the combined trainers, Elite Four, and Champion of the region could stop them pretty easily.

Seeing Giovanni go power mad was cool, but he was defeated way too easily by Pikachu pulling that electro ball out of absolutely nowhere, and then losing his control over the Therian Formes just by being tackled. I hope we see Giovanni again because I think he deserves a better send-off.

I will say I enjoyed the Bakura cameo. Seriously, close your eyes and tell me that's not who you hear when Giovanni is going crazy.
    Well, to be fair, the electric attack Pikachu received from Thundurus when saving Iris and Dragonite was obviously powering it up with electricity.

It was nice haha loved seeing ash get blown off his feet and nearly die lol and thebpart with team rocket wasnt what i expected, looked crazier in the trailer and expected more team rocket grunts in a action but that didnt happen , wellll meloetta is gone :/ she got annoying but was nice to have here around for a bit, she will be happier where she'll be with ridley

Great conclusion to the Meloetta arc. This episode still reminded me a lot of the ninth movie with the undersea building and everything. It was also a lot like the Team Aqua and Magma finale with Giovanni getting possessed. Well, despite the storyline deja vu, it was pretty good anyway. I liked Oshawott getting all emotional about Meloetta leaving, it was so cute. ^_^ Team Rocket being reminded of why they're so interested in Pikachu in the first place was also great. I also like Iris finally getting through to Dragonite. About time.

9/10
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 11/10 NEW!! 11/13
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: (Black2, White2); playing X
    On hold: (till 3rd gen remakes)
    To reclaim:

This was a great ending. Poor Oshawott was heart broken again.

Giovanni was G!
    But again, Team Rocket fails at their plans...meh
    ALRIGHTY!
    Follow me (PJ) on Twitter: @ThePokemonJesus

Until next time...
    PEACE!

I remember how hyped this two-parter was over a year ago, and yet now that I've watched it, I can't help but feel that the whole thing was a letdown and that this episode in particular was just Kami Trio Therian Forme promotion and nothing more. The Abyssal Ruins were an interesting setting for this episode to say the least, but Giovanni's whole scheme felt really anti-climactic, and that's not even taking into account how he was beaten or how he just left without a proper climax imo. Anyway, I never cared for Meloetta so I wasn't sad when it left, but I did feel bad for Oshawott.~

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567