Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Why aren't they setting up Cilan's future post-league?

Default Why aren't they setting up Cilan's future post-league?

As confirmed today, we now know Iris will be a Gym leader after BW ends. Unlike the last minute decision for Misty, it seems Iris planned to be a Gym leader right from the beginning.

With Cilan however, they aren't setting up any reason for him to depart. Its almost like they're treated him like Brock, where his goal is so open-ended that he has no reason to leave Ash's side for the time being.

It'll be very interesting to see what happens to Cilan after the league IMO.

I think quite a few people speculated this from the get go...
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

They could always do it a la Brock back in DP, set his future at the very end of Best Wishes..

Cilan might get a 4th catch and he still has his rivalry with Burgundy(lol)

But I do think Cilan might stay for next generation. We really don't need a 3rd Brock-like character on the show.

Quote Originally Posted by HatersGonnaHate View Post
    But I do think Cilan might stay for next generation. We really don't need a 3rd Brock-like character on the show.
    Well, at least not for a while anyway. (It's gonna happen eventually I would guess)
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

I think they could give Dento an arc after the league to set up what hes going do next same way they did with Iris. Though, he hasn't had as much screen time over the series and hardly uses his Pokemon so it wouldn't shock me if stayed longer. His VA is very popular too so.
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

Cilian's such a Wild Card that we can't really be sure what he's going to end up doing.

I do imagine we'll get a situation similar to Brock's. Cilian will decide to go off and do something at the absolute last moment. I can kind of imagine him joining the Battle Subway if given the chance.

He will cook for gang, make some ridiculous actions and tasting times, maybe even lose to Burgundy and really train Stunfisk. And, father help us, will teach his pokemon a new move on-screen -_-
    Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    Sure, who doesn't want Trip to be in a swimsuit sitting on beach chair, sipping a very tropical drink wearing sunglasses, and asking league participants if they've lost yet?

They will probably pull a misty. Cress and Chili want to travel as well and since cilans had his turn already he can look after the gym while they're gone.

Well first of all, I don't think Iris is going to leave the main cast after the League. She probably will become a Gym Leader, but I don't think she'll take the position until this generation ends. Second of all, I don't think Cilan's open-ended "goal" is evidence that he's going to stick around like Brock. I've said from the beginning that his "goal" is ridiculous since he can do everything perfectly already. Ash and Iris have had to work hard for their goals while Cilan has had nothing to worry about because his "goal" was reached long ago. There's literally nobody who's on his level in terms of connoisseuring because again, he was an effigy of perfection from the start.

Cilan is a bit more entertaining Brock! So he will follow his destiny probably! that is the reason why he got introduced!

and 2nd Cilan is a GL and always can go back home! So this thread is not useful!
    My Final B2-normal mode- team:

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th Kira View Post
    Well first of all, I don't think Iris is going to leave the main cast after the League. She probably will become a Gym Leader, but I don't think she'll take the position until this generation ends. Second of all, I don't think Cilan's open-ended "goal" is evidence that he's going to stick around like Brock. I've said from the beginning that his "goal" is ridiculous since he can do everything perfectly already. Ash and Iris have had to work hard for their goals while Cilan has had nothing to worry about because his "goal" was reached long ago. There's literally nobody who's on his level in terms of connoisseuring because again, he was an effigy of perfection from the start.
    Cilan is not for the last time, perfect. Nothing he does makes him perfect. He has flaws just you and me.

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th Kira View Post
    Yet he still has yet to become the "S" class Connoisseur he wants to become

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    They will probably pull a misty. Cress and Chili want to travel as well and since cilans had his turn already he can look after the gym while they're gone.
    Wo, that'd be crazy. Replace Dento with one of his brothers? I'd kind of want to see this.
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

Quote Originally Posted by Eneci View Post
    Cilan is a bit more entertaining Brock! So he will follow his destiny probably! that is the reason why he got introduced!

and 2nd Cilan is a GL and always can go back home! So this thread is not useful!
    This is pure opinion. I think Brock is way more entertaining than Cilan, I can't stand recipes and cooking gags but I never got bored of Brock flirting with girls..

and I'm sure many others find Cilan kinda annoying altough I still like his character.
    Last edited by RickHoenn; 8th November 2012 at 9:39 PM.

I don't think Iris will be leaving to become a gym Leader just yet until maybe after the 6 Generation ends. Besides i can see Cilan and Iris staying for the next Generation region and becoming a lot stronger while being there.
    Last edited by sereb devil; 8th November 2012 at 9:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RickHoenn View Post
    This is pure opinion. I think Brock is way more entertaining than Cilan, I can't stand recipes and cooking gags but I never got bored of Brock flirting with girls..

and I'm sure many others Cilan is kinda annoying altough I still like his character.
    The "interesting" part is my opinion. But the core of the character is the same. They are the slightly more experienced character who gives advices to other characters.
    I like that Cilan has all these different Sommelier "calls"! And him having a rival is a nice catch to the overall story!
    I like Brock but his time came to leave and develop more and not just be a sidekick!

It might be because Cilan and his rival Burgundy are staying for Generation 6 but then again, Ash's male friends usually get way less than his female friends do.

I don't see why Iris can't become the gym leader until the generation ends or after the filler saga. Here's how it'll work: she'll lose to Drayden, head off to the filler saga with Ash and Cilian and in the last few episodes of the filler arc she'll battle Drayden again and win.

Quote Originally Posted by Wormow View Post
    I don't see why Iris can't become the gym leader until the generation ends or after the filler saga. Here's how it'll work: she'll lose to Drayden, head off to the filler saga with Ash and Cilian and in the last few episodes of the filler arc she'll battle Drayden again and win.
    wrong thread!? Iris has her own thread! I sadly believe in Iris staying for genVI the only obstacle for that is Dragonite. To powerfull to tag along but doubt she would left it behind!

Cilan's only goal is to become a better Sommelier, and I would love for them make him take the test for rank S(i think that it's the highest)! But I don't know if I want him to become topSommelier or not. Maybe a flaw in his perfect construction would make him better

Just watch as cilan gets an offer from connoseur school or whatever 1 episode before the end of BW and he leaves to go study to become an S rank connoseur.

Cilan might be keep for the 6 Generation since his goal is far from being done as of right now.

He may go back to Striaton with his brothers and open a restaurant where they can provide trainers with good food while they "taste" the relationships between pokemon and their trainers.
    IGN: Carlos
    FC: 0903-2783-6541

[CENTER]SIGNATURE SOON...[/COLOR]

Cilan's going with Ash onto the next saga. He's essentially the next Brock and his goal doesn't need to be achieved right away, it can be done over time with experience.

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    Yet he still has yet to become the "S" class Connoisseur he wants to become
    I'm starting to think that the rumored S rank is just that; a rumor. Just like the title "Pokemon Master."

Really though, Cilan is just too perfect. That's the writer's greatest mistake. He can't develop as a character because he peaked the moment he was introduced. The only thing left for him is regression, but that'll never happen to him; only Ash regresses as a character at the start of every new saga.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast