Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Team Rocket Speculation V2

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyCharyZard View Post
    They just had a bad idea from the start and made it worse after their initial plans, involving Plasma, could no longer be used.
    Bad idea from the start? So trying something NEW in this show is bad, huh? Man, my "BW as the fans want it" parody really WAS spot-on!

And no "initial plans involving Plasma" were cancelled and "could no longer be used". Most actual evidence (not stupid fans claiming BS as facts) point toward the arc with the Meteonite and black uniforms always going to be the ONLY time Team Plasma was ever going to factor in with Team Rocket's plans. Everything else would happen exactly as it has happened.

If they'd been a little more serious before, it wouldn't have seemed so bad, but they were comic relief so it made no sense.
    LOL! So characters shouldn't ever develop and change? If you're comic relief, you have to stay that way or it'd make no sense?

Oh, and toward the start of Kanto and on several rare occasions throughout it, they WERE more serious than they later became.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDragonfangirl View Post
    They hardly appeared though and would still loose just in a more serious way and without blasting off LOL. Still they were pretty cool in the two part arc, I hope if they do return to comical ways its done Kanto style guess will see.
    Hardly appeared!? Their pacing was excellent. Watch AG and DP if you want to see villains who hardly appear.

As soon as they go back to being drooling idiots after Pikachu, the writers have created a huge plot hole.

They caught Pikachu effortlessly in this arc. If they suddenly regress to being unable to catch him, it again shows how amateurish the writing is.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 17: The Bard and the Diva
    Next: Winter of Discontent

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    Hardly appeared!? Their pacing was excellent. Watch AG and DP if you want to see villains who hardly appear.
    Exactly. AG and DP had the dual problem of the regular villains appearing in every episode being Team Rocket, who were completely harmless and un-villainous, while the real threatening villains only showed up once every 20+ episodes. BW solves both problems by keeping TR the regular villains but NOT having them come in every episode, show up in scenes advancing their plans so that they aren't completely absent for 20+ episodes (the most they've been absent for is 12, between the Chargestone Cave and Twist Mountain episodes), and have them be the real threatening villains rather than making them comic "foils" for Team Plasma or a Hunter J-type villain. This is how you do villains in this anime.
    Last edited by AgentPierce; 4th October 2012 at 5:55 PM.

??? Are you talking about TG and TA and TM?? Yes I agree with you on that, just the same for new and improved Team Rocket too in my opinion.

edit;

Its not like TP was in this series like the others wereXD
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

Well Giovanni did finally see pikachu in action so if they do go for it he will now know how strong is truly is. I think if anything they will be a fusion of BW and Kanto TR
    [IMG]http://i45.*******.com/343spx0.jpg[/IMG]

??? Are you talking about TG and TA and TM?? Yes I agree with you on that, just the same for new and improved Team Rocket too in my opinion.

edit;

Did you even watch this season? Watch the show from Episode 1 all the way untl now and you'll see they appeared way more often than Team Galactic, J, Team Magma and Team Aqua did.

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler View Post
    As soon as they go back to being drooling idiots after Pikachu, the writers have created a huge plot hole.

They caught Pikachu effortlessly in this arc. If they suddenly regress to being unable to catch him, it again shows how amateurish the writing is.
    Well to be fair, Zager and Giovanni caught Pikachu.

I love how the members of this forum can never accept an opinion different to their own and have to retaliate with posts that consist mostly of 'HA', 'LOL' or capitalised words in any form really.

So i didn't like how they handled Team Rocket this generation, is that such a crime? I don't like how they went from what they were, to what they are now, in such a short time period. That's not development, it's rewriting a character completely and it's rubbish.. That's my opinion of things and it won't change. If they brought back the OS Team Rocket, then i'd be thrilled because i enjoyed those characters and would enjoy the anime more again if they were to be handled that way. I can do without the boss fantasies, Wobbuffet and whatever else, but for me to enjoy their characters like i want to, there needs to be some humour.

TR is out of the picture and we still have till Summer 2013 to get out of Unova, even with the League happening at the end of this year. Don't count TP out just yet.

Did you even watch this season? Watch the show from Episode 1 all the way untl now and you'll see they appeared way more often than Team Galactic, J, Team Magma and Team Aqua did.
    Team Magma / Team Aqua in AG = 9 (2 with just Magma, 2 with just Aqua, 5 with both).

Team Galactic in DP = 10 (11 if you really want to count the 5-second cameo of Saturn and his grunts at the end of DP036)

Team Rocket in BW= 55 (And with BW reaching 100 episodes, that's about half the series thusfar.)

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyCharyZard View Post
    II don't like how they went from what they were, to what they are now, in such a short time period. That's not development, it's rewriting a character completely and it's rubbish.
    There was a pretty obvious time skip between DP191 and BW001. It wasn't that much of a short amount; TR probably had plenty of time to get new training to help them mature.
    Last edited by AgentPierce; 4th October 2012 at 5:54 PM.

Well to be fair, Zager and Giovanni caught Pikachu.

Fine, they appeared more than those guys but less than they should have and still wasn't on a win to win type of deal they'd still loose at times again just without blasting off so what good did we get out of any of that besides Team Rocket trying to be more serious type of villains and a battle between Ash team and Giovanni team finally without them getting killed or walking away.

edit;

I hope N/Team P will get an arc too maybe start during the league?? Awe who knows, I've given up on that for a while now but if it happens than awesome I'd love it if not meh.
    Last edited by BlueDragonfangirl; 4th October 2012 at 5:46 PM.
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Fine, they appeared more than those guys but less than they should have and still wasn't on a win to win type of deal they'd still loose at times again just without blasting off so what good did we get out of any of that besides Team Rocket trying to be more serious type of villains and a battle between Ash team and Giovanni team finally without them getting killed or walking away.
    Less than they should have? How much did you think they should appear? Every episode? Because I saw two sagas in a row where TRio appeared in every episode and we saw how that went. Villains don't have to appear in every episode to be successful. There are other characters to focus on. Shredder didn't appear in every episode in TMNT. Does that make him less of a villain? No, it doesn't. It would be overkill if they were in every episode. And the thing about them not winning is crazy. It's a kids' show. TR will NEVER win. They did have success leading up to their missions but in the end they lost just like every other villain in kids' show. Except in this season, they put up a good fight.

Less than they should have? How much did you think they should appear? Every episode? Because I saw two sagas in a row where TRio appeared in every episode and we saw how that went. Villains don't have to appear in every episode to be successful. There are other characters to focus on. Shredder didn't appear in every episode in TMNT. Does that make him less of a villain? No, it doesn't. It would be overkill if they were in every episode. And the thing about them not winning is crazy. It's a kids' show. TR will NEVER win. They did have success leading up to their missions but in the end they lost just like every other villain in kids' show. Except in this season, they put up a good fight.
    Not every episode like they used to but at times I forgot they had some thing going on and that they were still doing things, it was more spread out than I liked is all. If they wanted them to be a serious threat they should have had these guys win a few times not loose like normal. Excuse me for having an opinion.

Maybe since they're headed back to Kanto and the anime is advertising older Pokemon, they can regain some of their old guys in time for their return.. I miss Seviper, Yanmega and Mime Jr.

However I wouldn't complain if Carnivine and Wobbuffet stayed away. I didn't like their characters at all..

Not every episode like they used to but at times I forgot they had some thing going on and that they were still doing things, it was more spread out than I liked is all. If they wanted them to be a serious threat they should have had these guys win a few times not loose like normal. Excuse me for having an opinion.
    Except they did win a few times. They failed in the finale of the mission like Aqua, Magma, and Galactic did but they did have victories leading up to the finale of the missions such as gaining victories in the episodes leading up to the TR vs TP episodes, Meowth fooling Ash, them stealing the Pokemon in the Subway mission, them summoning the Kami Trio, them stealing the rocks from Chargestone Cave, them summoning the Kami Trio again, them capturing Ash, Meloetta and Pikachu, them opening the Time Gate, etc.

well as per the protagonist VS. antagonist formula of story structure the bad guy almost always fails in the end so.......yeah......turnng team rocket into the generic "take over the world" (M. Bison: OF COURSE!) type villains? kinda pointless when you REALLY get down to the nitty gritty of it......

Quote Originally Posted by fubufubu View Post
    well as per the protagonist VS. antagonist formula of story structure the bad guy almost always fails in the end so.......yeah......turnng team rocket into the generic "take over the world" (M. Bison: OF COURSE!) type villains? kinda pointless when you REALLY get down to the nitty gritty of it......
    It's not pointless when you consider how TRio was before BW.

Plus they wanted to be the richest rogues of all time.

Cookie if you catch the reference.

Quote Originally Posted by Hero of Ideals View Post
    Plus they wanted to be the richest rogues of all time.

Cookie if you catch the reference.
    Double Trouble song. Cookie for me

Guys, just a theory. Maybe this reset was supposed to happen in the Team Plasma episodes instead. It explains why Jesse and James went back to their white uniforms, and why all they did for like 20 episodes was catch Pikachu. Only once the episodes got delayed the writers decided to write in another mission for them (I think they could have been on like the Archeops episode when the earthquake hit).

yeah they had the typical personalities of antagonists of an anime marketed primarily for KIDS which btw pokemon is supposed to be.....kids like comedic characters.....team rocket filled that role perfectly

yeah they had the typical personalities of antagonists of an anime marketed primarily for KIDS which btw pokemon is supposed to be.....kids like comedic characters.....team rocket filled that role perfectly
    Did you ever watch other anime directed at kids? Like Digimon for example. Even though some of the villains were comedic in their own ways, they were still threatening and competent which is something TRio has been lacking since Kanto.

turnng team rocket into the generic "take over the world" (M. Bison: OF COURSE!) type villains? kinda pointless when you REALLY get down to the nitty gritty of it......
    But Team Rocket's goal has always been to take over the world. Jessie, James, and Meowth are now just actually seriously following it.

You're saying kids can't handle serious villains being the norm in shows aimed at them? Really? This isn't the 80s, you know!

Quote Originally Posted by Endoplasmic Reticulum View Post
    Guys, just a theory. Maybe this reset was supposed to happen in the Team Plasma episodes instead. It explains why Jesse and James went back to their white uniforms, and why all they did for like 20 episodes was catch Pikachu. Only once the episodes got delayed the writers decided to write in another mission for them (I think they could have been on like the Archeops episode when the earthquake hit).
    Er, no, since the big difference here is that the TRio have pulled out of Unova completely, which didn't happen after TR vs. TP. There can't be a reset if Team Rocket is GONE.

They're not going back to trying to catch Pikachu. They aren't even in the same area as Pikachu anymore. TR's role in BW (if not the whole anime) is over.
    Last edited by AgentPierce; 4th October 2012 at 6:52 PM.

I love how you guys are ignoring the fact that JJM went BACK TO KANTO with Giovanni! They didn't stay in Unova!

We also know from the next batch of episodes that they're not in them at all. The writers wrote them off for now because the show is gearing up for the Unova league and we don't need to see them for a while.

I am now getting the assumption 2013 will see the return of TR and Giovanni for a real finale by the end of a generation. How much you guys want to bet TR's finale will be in Kanto, the region that started it all?

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    I love how you guys are ignoring the fact that JJM went BACK TO KANTO with Giovanni! They didn't stay in Unova!

We also know from the next batch of episodes that they're not in them at all. The writers wrote them off for now because the show is gearing up for the Unova league and we don't need to see them for a while.

I am now getting the assumption 2013 will see the return of TR and Giovanni for a real finale by the end of a generation. How much you guys want to bet TR's finale will be in Kanto, the region that started it all?
    Hey, its the guy who for sure thought they'd end in this arc how'd that go by the way?

So ... would it be this kind of ... controversy if we we´re talking about the stupid Jessielina team from two years ago?.

No, I don´t think so, this is an irrefutable signal that the writers are doing the things right

About the last speech Team Rocket said after setting off I can only speculate two things:
    1) "We´re going back to Kanto" is just another way to say "TR vs. TP episodes will end in the garbage bin with Misty, May, Dawn and the GS Ball" the writers deliberately killed any possibility of fitting the episodes in some point of the series with that line.
    b) For now, at least, they won´t go back to their stupid annoying selves, crappy mechas, useless pseudo-development plots and repetitive plans ... and I hope they won´t get reseted.

I enjoyed BW Team Rocket, but it´s not like I will miss them if they never come back, and I don´t want them to be the stupid clown they used to be.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast