Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 225 of 335

Thread: Team Rocket Speculation V2

  1. #201
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    1,517

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by An00bis View Post
    I'm not even sure why they used these characters for that role rather then create three completely new characters. They replaced virtually everyone else besides Ash and Pikachu so why not Team Rocket?
    Probably because they're familiar to the viewers and some people(like myself) actually enjoy seeing them become competent after all of the suffering they've been through. Good writing aside, it's a hell of a lot cooler seeing them finally be like this than if some completely new guys we're introduced. Especially in James' case, his looks and voice just pray for this kind of calm and collective attitude, I love it.
    Might as well link my Deviantart gallery, I mainly do Pokemon related stuff, maybe something'll catch your interest.:] http://rohanite.deviantart.com/gallery/

    Ash vs Korrina Alternate Ending Comic: http://rohanite.tumblr.com/post/8546...e-with-korrina

    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

  2. #202
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    4,669

    Default

    I'm thinking of it from another angle.

    Even before the cancellation of Plasma VS Rockets it seemed like they had no intention of doing the Team Plasma Story for whatever reason. So instead of working with the regional villains they decided to rework Team Rocket into the region's main villains. Team Plasma was noticeably absent from the region even before Plasma / Rocket.

  3. #203
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    2,413

    Default

    I have read the first two pages of this thread...and virtually got a headache.

    1) I really doubt if TR would completely revert back to their older selves, even if they did I believe they won't continually pester Ash by appearing in every episode, instead they would appear in Arcs just like they did now. The writers have proved that they can do without TR, Best Wishes and to an extent DP fillers (where TR's appearances were a bit less than in Hoenn.) were better (if not good) than DP and AG's

    2. Team Rocket didn't disband! They left Unova to return back to Kanto. Do you really think the writers would just leave TR in Kanto, without Ash somehow dealing with them? If not now, it might happen 25 years later....(we can watch the show with our kids then)

    But if things were to happen the way Pepsi_Plunge says it would happen in the worst case, then even I will stop watching the fillers and watch the important episodes. I bet the writers won't make such a dumb mistake no matter how Satoshistic( Satoshi = idiot) they are.

    <--My tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu
    DRACO NO STOP. DRACO DOWN. DRACO NO FLIRTING WITH ME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlerama

    FF.Net profile: Here!!
    \


  4. #204
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Route 123, looking for Celebi
    Posts
    1,334

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by An00bis View Post
    I'm thinking of it from another angle.

    Even before the cancellation of Plasma VS Rockets it seemed like they had no intention of doing the Team Plasma Story for whatever reason. So instead of working with the regional villains they decided to rework Team Rocket into the region's main villains. Team Plasma was noticeably absent from the region even before Plasma / Rocket.
    Team Galactic didn't show up until episode 36 of Diamond and Pearl, and they still stuck around for the rest of the series. Why would Plasma not appearing for the first 20-something episodes mean that two-parter was gonna be their only appearance?


    98% of the teenage population has died smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
    Good old natural selection...

  5. #205
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Realm of Light
    Posts
    2,453

    Default

    Giovanni may have the trio go after Pikachu as part of an operation for world domination in the future.
    Confirmed Generation VI:

    Chespin, Fennekin, Froakie, Xerneas, Yveltal, Sylveon, Pancham, Fletchling, Helioptile, Gogoat, Noivern, Vivillon, Talonflame, Skrelp, Clauncher, Spewpa, Scatterbug, Litleo, Flabébé, Honedge, Pangoro, Inkay, Malamar, Spritzee, Swirlix, Skiddo, Bunnelby, Dedenne, Furfrou, Quilladin, Braixen, Frogadier, Tyrunt, Amaura, Meowstic, Pyroar, Aurorus, Tyrantrum, Doublade

  6. #206
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Dhaka
    Posts
    1,176

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chomper4 View Post
    Giovanni may have the trio go after Pikachu as part of an operation for world domination in the future.
    Why on Earth Giovanni would order Team Rocket to go after Ash's Pikachu ?
    Just because of a Overcharged Electro Ball !!!
    Any Electric Pokemon can do that if they get Overcharged by a Legendary Pokemon including Iris's Emolga !
    I mean , Jessie , James & Meowth were idiot in Original series so they wasted their life on a non-special Pikachu.
    But Giovanni is a whole different thing .

  7. #207
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    1,038

    Default

    I have a feeling that TR will come back only after the league, and then, they will have some of their older Pokemon, like Jessie having a Yanmega (and that will explain why it appears in the opening).
    In snow, the pure white coat covering its body obscures it from predators.
    Dewgong



  8. #208
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    7,151

    Default

    I can see him making it the TRio's mission to keep Ash out of the picture while he tries to carry out his plans, but I don't see him being all that hooked up on Pikachu's power specifically..

  9. #209
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Dhaka
    Posts
    1,176

    Default

    I like to see a personal rivalry between Ash & Giovanni !!!

  10. #210
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Aspertia City
    Posts
    3,474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vodor View Post
    I like to see a personal rivalry between Ash & Giovanni !!!
    Why? This isn't whatever anime you bring up, plus why would Giovanni create a rivalry over a kid? That's dumb.

  11. #211
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    7,151

    Default

    I find it rather unfair to call someone else's speculation dumb.. If vodor would like to see Giovanni have a little rivalry with Ash, then that's just as fair as any of our hopes.

  12. #212
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Bournemouth, England
    Posts
    15,943

    Default

    For those of you who think TR is gone forever, or disbanded. This is from the Live Caster at the end of the episode, translated courtesy of Dephender

    they're saying they're "returning to Kanto, but they'll definitely be back" and that the 3DS LL is a "present for those of you brats looking forward to our return" (or however you want to word it)

  13. #213
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    1,517

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vodor View Post
    Why on Earth Giovanni would order Team Rocket to go after Ash's Pikachu ?
    Just because of a Overcharged Electro Ball !!!
    Any Electric Pokemon can do that if they get Overcharged by a Legendary Pokemon including Iris's Emolga !
    I mean , Jessie , James & Meowth were idiot in Original series so they wasted their life on a non-special Pikachu.
    But Giovanni is a whole different thing .
    None of them actually saw Pikachu get hit by Thundurus so Giovanni could mistake that as Pikachu's own strength and go after it. I doubt it'll happen nor do I really want it to, but you can't rule it out. Team Rocket doesn't know of Pikachu's "cheating".
    Might as well link my Deviantart gallery, I mainly do Pokemon related stuff, maybe something'll catch your interest.:] http://rohanite.deviantart.com/gallery/

    Ash vs Korrina Alternate Ending Comic: http://rohanite.tumblr.com/post/8546...e-with-korrina

    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

  14. #214
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    14,471

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Serebii View Post
    For those of you who think TR is gone forever, or disbanded. This is from the Live Caster at the end of the episode, translated courtesy of Dephender

    they're saying they're "returning to Kanto, but they'll definitely be back" and that the 3DS LL is a "present for those of you brats looking forward to our return" (or however you want to word it)
    Oh god why!!!!!!!!!!! *cries*
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

  15. #215
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bionis
    Posts
    9,344

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Oh god why!!!!!!!!!!! *cries*
    my thoughts exactly.

  16. #216
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    14,471

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    my thoughts exactly.
    Ugh if they go back to being all stupid I will be so pissed -_-.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

  17. #217
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    7,151

    Default

    Yeeeeeesssss!!

    That is all..

  18. #218
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bionis
    Posts
    9,344

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Ugh if they go back to being all stupid I will be so pissed -_-.
    I just want them off the show. They can be smart or stupid in the specials or movies.

  19. #219
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    14,471

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    I just want them off the show. They can be smart or stupid in the specials or movies.
    I mean they were actually kind of fun to watch this season so if they continue like this I won't mind as much.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

  20. #220
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bionis
    Posts
    9,344

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    I mean they were actually kind of fun to watch this season so if they continue like this I won't mind as much.
    But still they felt so out of character, if not for meowth I wouldnt have thought them to be any different from 2 plasma grunts.

  21. #221
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    14,471

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    But still they felt so out of character, if not for meowth I wouldnt have thought them to be any different from 2 plasma grunts.
    That's a ****ing good thing lol. Their characters suck.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

  22. #222
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Bournemouth, England
    Posts
    15,943

    Default

    Them saying they'll be back in no way implies that they'll be "stupid" again. Stop jumping to conclusions

  23. #223
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    7,151

    Default

    In some people's opinions maybe.. In others however, like mine, they were better as the happy go lucky idiots, that actually felt like their own characters with their own personalities.. and not boring drones like they were this region.

  24. #224
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    14,471

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Serebii View Post
    Them saying they'll be back in no way implies that they'll be "stupid" again. Stop jumping to conclusions
    Which is why I said IF they do lol.

    Quote Originally Posted by ShinyCharyZard View Post
    In some people's opinions maybe.. In others however, like mine, they were better as the happy go lucky idiots, that actually felt like their own characters with their own personalities.. and not boring drones like they were this region.
    So them blasting off three times an episode was good to u??
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

  25. #225
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    7,151

    Default

    I enjoyed it because it was part of the characters i grew up with and loved.

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •