Thread: Does Gen I Have Internal Battery Problems Like Gen II?

Default Does Gen I Have Internal Battery Problems Like Gen II?

I know that the second gen games have this problem, but does gen I also have this problem?

November 2001 - February 2005

[IMG]http://i53.*******.com/2ur1emc.png[/IMG]

v--Current Black 2 Team--v
    Lilwun lv34 Maiden lv37 Grandage lv40 Crash lv40 Elizabeth lv32 Ballarina lv30

Not to my knowledge. I've got yellow, green and blue and they all still work fine.

☆ Maya Fey: Ace Pokemon Trainer
    Carry On, BlisseyThe Other King☆
    Advancers Tumblr
    Banner by Sworn Metalhead at Dćdric Design ✠

Yea, luckily my Red with my legit gen I mews is still ok. So glad I don't have to worry about losing them.

I was just double checking because I finally got a shiny smoochum from Crystals odd egg, and thought about maybe evolving it and storing it in Red to be safe from the internal battery problems of gen II.

I don't think it should. The battery problem was mostly because time elements was introduced in the second generation, and I think that drained a lot of battery power. The first gen games stop working if abused, neglected or whatever my brothers and I did with our copies long enough. I think what we did had nothing to do with the battery in the first place, so... *shrugs*

I'm not sure if any glitches from the second generation will affect the first, or vice versa. I haven't exactly heard of anyone trading over Missingno. and reporting results.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

RBY do have internal batteries and they will die just like in GSC.
    It's just that RBY batteries generally last longer because they do not have to keep a clock running like GSC.

Eesh, I better finish training them and then save them to Stadiums so even if the handheld games get erased, I'll still have my legit mews and shiny smoochum/jynx.

I have a copy of Yellow that won't save, so yeah. Luckily, Red, Blue, & Crystal still work.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this into your sig if you are too.†