Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Murder, She Wrote

Default Murder, She Wrote

1/19/13- shadow_zoroark has retired from the game because of accessibility issues.
    1/18/13- Day 2 will last until 6:00PM January 25th

Spoiler:- Past Announcements:

Murder, She Wrote
    Plot
    "Hello friends, and welcome to my humble abode. Of course, a mansion isn't very humble is it? I digress. But as I was saying, my family has lived with our trainers here for generations. However, you are here not to live, but to visit for a dinner party. I know many of you well, some more than oth- oh my, there goes my hat. Can you hand me that? Thank you. Where is that draft coming from? Ah, the doors are cracked. I thought I closed them all the way. I suppose I'll do that n-"
    SLAM!
    "It appears they closed themselves...ahem. Odd things happen all the time in this old house. A trivial distraction. As I was saying, make yourselves comfortable. My family (human family, that is) should be back anyti-"
    FWOOSH!
    "YOU DIDN'T NEED THOSE CANDLES TO SEE, DID YOU? I DIDN'T COME ALL THIS WAY TO SAY THAT ,THOUGH. WHAT I DID COME TO SAY WAS THAT I HAVE AN IDEA FOR A PARTY GAME. I'LL KILL SOMEONE, AND YOU'LL GUESS WHO I AM. DOESN'T THAT SOUND FUN? YOU SHOULD START."
    SHK!
    Geoffrey the Furret, my closest friend, fell to the ground. I fainted in shock, and all seven-hundred pounds of me also fell to the ground with a crash.
    CLICK!
    The doors locked.
    SHALL WE BEGIN?

Rules
    -This is a pretty simple mafia game. 30-35 people will sign up, depending on how long it takes to fill slots. Each person will also pick a Pokémon to roleplay as. When everyone signs up, an RNG will determine the murderer. Night 0 will start, and the murderer will PM me the first clue, found in Geoffrey the Furret's top hat.
    -When Day 1 starts, everyone else will speculate about the identity of the murderer and vote for who they think it is. When you are ready to vote, send me a PM with the subject "Murder: [Insert name here]'s Vote" with your vote in the PM, not the subject. If you don't follow this format, your vote won't be counted.
    -Every night, the murderer will PM me the name of their victim and method of murder, along with their clue. The murderer must leave a note at least once every other night.
    -The murderer can hire an accomplice at any time by PM'ing me the name of who they want as their accomplice. The accomplice can kill a second person every night,but the accomplice can also rat out the murderer, letting everybody alive win. The accomplice can also be murdered by the murderer. If the accomplice is lynched or murdered, the murderer must finish the game solo.
    -All the forum rules apply. There is one exception: I can double-post to announce the beginning of night and once the murderer has struck.
    -Once you die, you can ABSOLUTELY NOT talk about the game and identity of the murderer, as this would defeat the purpose of the game. Even if you're alive, you can't talk about the game outside of this thread. Any questions, comments, or concerns should be addressed to ME and ME only.
    -You can not significantly edit posts, but you can fix small errors.
    - If you decide to roleplay (which should be kept to a minimum) put IC (In Character) at the top of your post.
    -Players, including the murderer, can not post during the night. I will try to keep the first post updated with night/day beginning and end times.
    -You have to be active in order to play. If you can't keep playing, PM me and I'll find a replacement for you. If you don't contact me, and you haven't posted in a day, you'll be warned. If you don't post for another day, you'll be modkilled.
    -You cannot post in the thread if you're not a member.

Winning
    1.There aren't people left at the start of the day for the innocent Pokémon to stand a fighting chance, in which case the murderer wins.
    2.If the murderer is lynched, the innocent Pokémon win.
    3.If the murderer is modkilled, no one wins.
    4.If the accomplice (if there is one) rats out the murderer, the accomplice wins. If the accomplice doesn't rat out the murderer, and the murderer wins, the accomplice also wins.
    5. If the murderer is lynched and has an accomplice, the accomplice becomes the murderer.
    6. If the accomplice and murderer are alive,and there are three other people besides them, the accomplice and murderer win.

Council of Ghosts(Borrowed from Pikalax's Murder games)
    Anyone who dies (except modkills) will join the Council of Ghosts and know the murderer's identity. A vote will be sent to me through PM, the same or a different PM from your lynch vote, with your vote for which ghost you want to materialize. The majority vote will then PM with the vaguest possible hint* they can think of. If it's vague enough, I'll post it; if not, I won't. The ghost can not be called upon for two more nights, as it takes a ridiculous amount of energy to materialize in our world. The proper format for a CoG vote is to send me a PM with the subject as Murder:[Insert Name Here] Council Vote, or, as mentioned earlier, you can include it with your lynch vote. If you include it with your lynch vote, italicize the CoG vote.
    *BECAUSE IT'S DIFFICULT TO COME UP WITH A VAGUE HINT, IF YOUR HINT ISN'T VAGUE ENOUGH, YOU CAN KEEP TRYING UNTIL THE NIGHT IS OVER.

The Detective
    A lucky player chosen by the great and admirable RNG at the beginning of the game will receive not only murderer notes and CoG votes, but also extra hints from me. They could include any information about the murderer's identity, including info from outside the game. The detective can never reveal their identity. They can't directly quote my PM's. They can however include info from my PM's in their accusations, but they can't make it obvious. If the detective votes to lynch the murderer, and the murderer is lynched, the detective wins. If the detective doesn't vote for the murderer, and the murderer is lynched, the detective is fired and every other survivor wins. If the detective is hired as the accomplice, they will automatically turn the murderer into the authorities, letting the detective win. If the detective is killed, a new one won't be hired. But, the detective can hire an understudy who can discuss my notes with the detective in PM's (NOT THE THREAD) and might be given two notes. If the detective is killed, the understudy will become the detective.

Signing Up
    You must have at least 20 posts to sign up, not including posts in the Games Forum. Once you try twice to sign up, you cannot try again.
    PM me the answers with the subject "Murder Admission"
    1. What is your username?
    2. What is your character's name?(NO VULGARITY)
    3. What is your character's gender?
    4. What is your character's species?
    5. How often can you be online to play?

6. What do you have to do when roleplaying?
    A. Nothing
    B. Put IC at the top of your post
    C. Put RP at the top of your post
    D. Put your character's name at the top of your post

7. Who can post at night?
    A. Me (The host)
    B. Ghosts
    C. The murderer
    D. Anyone

8. The understudy always gets two notes.
    A. True
    B. False

9. The Council of Ghosts is my own idea.
    A. True
    B. False

10. List every way to die.

If you are signing up as a replacement, don't answer questions 1-5. If you correctly answer 6-10 you will be allowed to play. If you are signing up as co-host, answer these questions as normal, but make sure the title of the PM is Co-Host Admission. If you answer the questions correctly, another, smaller quiz will be given.

Hosts
    Main Host: QuagsireEOoD- Reginald the Torterra- Male
    Co-Host: None

Players
    Red=Murdered
    Green=Modkilled
    Blue=Lynched
    Purple=Retired
    dinosaurus-Bijoux the Cincinno-Female (daily/bi-daily)
    GalladeofSpades-Alma DiMaco the Simipour-Female (daily)
    Armando Payne- Rosalynn the Spoink- Female (daily/bi-daily)
    Crimson Penguin- Vivian the Grovyle- Female (daily)
    ansem the wise- Mr. E Nigma the Gallade- Male (daily)
    Ghosts of the Forums- Bob the Nincada- Male (daily)
    The Eleventh- Kristian the Mr. Mime- Male (daily)
    shadow_zoroark- Ivan the Ampharos-Male (weekday mornings, possibly Saturdays)
    SneaselFTW- Sgt. Slash the Sneasel- Male (daily)
    Hermosa Caldera- Cermosa Haldera the Camerupt- Male (daily)
    Pikalax- Dr. Frooglestein the Alakazam- Male (unavailable from 12-20 to 1-1, but daily before and after)
    Infernape612- Gumshoe the Infernape- Male (daily)
    *Jean Gray*- Lovina the Hydreigon- Female (daily)
    Excitable Boy- John & John the Zweilous- Male (daily-ish)

Council of Ghosts
    GalladeofSpades
    Armando Payne
    SneaselFTW
    Ghosts of the Forums
    -

Replacements
    -
    -
    -

Retirees
    dinosaurus- Bijoux the Cincinno
    -
    -
    -
    -

Strikes
    Ghosts of the Forums- X _ _
    shadow_zoroark- X _ _

Blacklist(I'm not putting any spots here, because no one should be here >:l)
    Last edited by RaveJackal; 5th February 2013 at 1:46 AM.
    Hello, everybody.
    Due to reasons I have been instructed not to divulge, I am taking a hiatus from the forums. I'm not sure when I will return, if ever. Thank you, everybody for making my time here at Serebii great.

-Regards, Rave

Member of the Unofficial Swalot Club
    Friend Safari: Eevee, Audino, and Teddiursa.
    Y Friend Code: 0602-6266-7186

Formerly QuagsireEOoD

Alright, we're approved! Anyone who wants to sign up can now.
    Hello, everybody.
    Due to reasons I have been instructed not to divulge, I am taking a hiatus from the forums. I'm not sure when I will return, if ever. Thank you, everybody for making my time here at Serebii great.

-Regards, Rave

Formerly QuagsireEOoD

IC:
    *Comes rolling in in her roller-skates whilst chewing on gum (OOC: Rosalynn always chews gum, always) whilst putting on Heartbeat by Buddy Holly on the jukebox* So, tuts, what you here for, wanna go catch some ghastly ghouls, hahaha, only jokin' with ya sweetpea.
    As to what once, it now is. For this my retirement tour, let us commence, forevermore, forevermore.

sure.

hey. sup. i'm a nincada.

(OOC: just one question, why does the inspector receive votes from the Coalition of Ordered Governments?)
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

WHOA, WHOA, WHOA, WHOA, WHOA, WHOA, WHOA, WHOA, WHOA.
    WHOA.
    WE DON'T DO THAT HERE, GHOSTS OF THE FORUMS.
    Seriously, though if want to sign up, there are instructions how in the OP.
    I am dissapoint.
    (CoG stands for Council of Ghosts, not the Coalition of Ordered Governments)
    Hello, everybody.

-Regards, Rave

Formerly QuagsireEOoD

i know what the cog stands for. it was a joke.
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

I knew that. I was just testing you. Totally.
    /subtlety
    Hello, everybody.

-Regards, Rave

Formerly QuagsireEOoD

the name's Nigma, E Nigma.
    (Quagsire gave me that idea XD)
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

People,people, you can stop giving me credit anytime now.A note to ansem, and anyone else playing I guess, you can just call me Quag. Also, GotF, you now have a strike, because you posted without being a member.
    Hello, everybody.

-Regards, Rave

Formerly QuagsireEOoD

IC
    Grrrreattt, we've got one of those funnybook characters here *Switches the song to Flower Power by Girls' Generation* look darling, how 'bout not bein' one of those thing which those squares read, ya dig, an' start bein, like not square, like circle, yeah, yeah, try bein' a circle, Sweetpea.
    As to what once, it now is. For this my retirement tour, let us commence, forevermore, forevermore.

Quote Originally Posted by Armando Payne View Post
    IC
    Grrrreattt, we've got one of those funnybook characters here *Switches the song to Flower Power by Girls' Generation* look darling, how 'bout not bein' one of those thing which those squares read, ya dig, an' start bein, like not square, like circle, yeah, yeah, try bein' a circle, Sweetpea.
    IC
    um.. who would that be?
    another thing, what happens if we don't get enough players? Do we start anyway?
    #AlphaSapphire
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

No, we'll play with 30-35 people no matter what. No matter how long it takes for everyone to sign up.
    Hello, everybody.

-Regards, Rave

Formerly QuagsireEOoD

,yanno That dreamboat Iron Hulk's sidekick, Riddles.

Hopefully more people will sign up soon. Bumping it from the depths of page 4 should help.

Wait, nevermind, sorry.
    Last edited by MedicalSledgeHammer; 26th November 2012 at 11:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Eleventh View Post
    Hopefully more people will sign up soon. Bumping it from the depths of page 4 should help.
    Yeah, that might help a little.
    Just a little.
    Also at, MSH, darn right you're sorry!
    *chews piece of straw*
    Just kidding, it's fine.
    Last edited by RaveJackal; 28th November 2012 at 4:57 AM.
    Hello, everybody.

-Regards, Rave

Formerly QuagsireEOoD

IC:
    O'HAAAAAY

(OOC: I don't think my character will actually talk like that, just felt like posting)
    Last edited by dinosaurus; 28th November 2012 at 5:23 AM. Reason: forgot to write IC:

Your character should totally talk like that. Like, totally.
    DO EEEEETTT
    Hello, everybody.

-Regards, Rave

Formerly QuagsireEOoD

D: I forgot to write "IC:" *goes and edits*

Much better.

It's been so long since I read the rules. Am I allowed to keep posting like this? :P OOC?

Eh, we'll see. I based her off Bijoux from Hamtaro. :P SHe's kind of too nice though.. maybe I will make her like that.

IC:
    Lyke, omigosh, totally! Gurl, your'e so right.
    (OOC: I don't know whether or not you're a woman but I'm calling you 'gurl' regardless)

IC: sup peoples? maybe we should get a banner to advertise this game and get it going faster, Y'know?
    #AlphaSapphire

Good idea, ansem. I think I'll go request one from a shop somewhere.
    At dinosaurus- Yes, you can post out of character.
    Hello, everybody.

-Regards, Rave

Formerly QuagsireEOoD

IC:

Like, Bijoux, where did you get those clothes, they're like so totally like not square, yanno like oh my Gosh, they're so fetch.

IC:

Ohaaaay Rosalynnnnnn, thanks for noticing huuuunnnn. I like, totally went onine to this uhmayzing shopping site for a total steal! Like omigosh, $1500 for this gorg gown? Holla! It's sooooo chic.

(OOC: that was harder to write than I thought)

I've added a link to the game in my signature, but I don't post too often anymore, so I don't know if it'll be of much help.

I was accepted but I don't think he put my name on the list yet >.<

IC:

Hello everyone ^L^ -sits on a chair, pulling a blanket around myself- chilly isn't it?

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast