View Poll Results: Do you prefer watch Anime to be subtitled or dubbed in English?

Voters
1982. You may not vote on this poll
  • Subbed - I like the original voices

893 45.06%
  • Dubbed - I don't want to have to read

465 23.46%
  • I want to be able to choose either one

396 19.98%
  • I don't care either way

228 11.50%
Page 91 of 104 FirstFirst ... 4181878889909192939495101 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,275 of 2595

Thread: Like anime subbed or dubbed? ~ Where the concept of Uncut DVDs still hasn't sank in.

1. Default

I must say that I prefer subbed anime.

Although I give credit where credit is due, the Pokemon second gen Dub team has gotten to an acceptable level.

Also, I found Inuyasha and Fullmetal Alchemist(2003 series) quite passable as well.

Quote Originally Posted by sourcandy View Post
    Subbed, I really like the japanese accent and I also learn some new vocabulary once in a while xD.
    You do know there are a bunch of different Japanese accents and terms that are generally used in certain regions, right? Using anime as a way to brush up on Japanese vocabulary isn't exactly a bright idea if you didn't know that.

3DS FC: 3222-6347-6877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tsukento

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    You do know there are a bunch of different Japanese accents and terms that are generally used in certain regions, right? Using anime as a way to brush up on Japanese vocabulary isn't exactly a bright idea if you didn't know that.
    No need to tell me that as I have done my research on the topic, thank you very much. And anime is not the only thing I use for that matter, it just helps me understand a little better

I pick dubbed over anything else, though I am fine if they're subbed/dubbed. Idk, I've grown accustomed to hearing english voices now over japanese voices.. I don't like to read the subs because you might miss an important part that happens (like little things that happen and you miss which might be significant later in the story).

But I am really just fine with both!

*Credits to rge for the banner*

[IMG]http://i48.*******.com/2cndpf.gif[/IMG]

TheAscension's YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com
    /TheAscensionClan

madmarine0's YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/atorchicc

pokemon Black FC: 5114 3255 5218
    Wifi Battles Wins/Losses: 130 wins, 18 losses, 2 draws
    Win Ratio: 87.84%
    Roulette Frontier Brain of the Ascension League
    Battle Record: 0 wins, 0 losses, 0 draws
    Win Ratio: 0.00%
    Number of EV'd pokemon: 302

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/madmarine0

I prefer subbed.

Though dubbed can be okay ^^

Steam Boy was on TV today but it was on a French channel. I actually find this helps as there's France French (which is pronounced smoothly) and then there's Quebec French (which is pronounced quickly with slang). They did use more Quebecois though but it worked very well.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

I'll only watched subbed, when the dub sucks or when there isn't a dub
    -----------------Rurounin Ishida るろうにん ------------------

"He takes the blazing sun in his bare hands and endures the searing heat; a man sustained by strength of will"

dubbed. i like to know what the characters are saying without having to stop it every couple seconds and say "oh, what'd they say? I missed it."

The original voices are better, but there's some anime that the dub version is good, like Code Geass.

Default I prefer subs, honestly.

When watching my anime, I prefer subs. Some dubs can ruin the anime (let us not forget the infamous dub of One Piece), and others just seem to ruin a joke if it's rooted in the Japanese language. Oh, and I like subs so I can sing along with the catchy opening and ending themes. You would probably understand how fun this is.

From your newest otaku and/or weeaboo,

AmericanHikikomori :281:

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanHikikomori View Post
    (let us not forget the infamous dub of One Piece)
    That's not even relevant anymore. Heck, it was hardly ever relevant. It's gone and done away with, and it was done by a company notorious for altering the scripts. I find it very irrelevant.

Oh, and I like subs so I can sing along with the catchy opening and ending themes. You would probably understand how fun this is.
    Which you can still do with the dub on. Very few FUNimation shows have an English-language OP and ED nowadays.
    Animal Crossing: New Leaf Blog (@AsrialysAC) | Pokemon Center Plush Collection (as of 10/19/2010) | Nintendo Network ID: Asrialys

Sub>Dub hands down. Though the DBZ Dub was amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Torterra14 View Post
    Though the DBZ Dub was amazing.
    I don't understand.

I like the anime subbed. To me most of the dubbed versions seems unnatural and annoying. MOST. (I liked the dubbed versions of DBZ and Fullmetal Alchemist). The ultimate reason for watching the sub is to relearn my Japanese though.

My White FC: 0647-1618-6277

Quote Originally Posted by Miona View Post
    I like the anime subbed. To me most of the dubbed versions seems unnatural and annoying. MOST. (I liked the dubbed versions of DBZ and Fullmetal Alchemist). The ultimate reason for watching the sub is to relearn my Japanese though.
    While watching anime is definitely not the best way to learn Japanese, I, too, have learned several words and phrases from anime. I can't be the only person who hears "Kore wa" all the time in anime. Detective Conan even has an extra dose or two of it. I don't have to look at the subs anymore when I hear that, which yields a nice feeling. ^_^

I believe I've posted here before, but I will say it again: I only watch subbed anime. I don't watch ongoing anime very often, so I usually don't need to worry about the quality of the subs I find. I will occasionally watch dubbed anime with friends, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Bianca~ View Post
    While watching anime is definitely not the best way to learn Japanese, I, too, have learned several words and phrases from anime. I can't be the only person who hears "Kore wa" all the time in anime. Detective Conan even has an extra dose or two of it. I don't have to look at the subs anymore when I hear that, which yields a nice feeling. ^_^

I believe I've posted here before, but I will say it again: I only watch subbed anime. I don't watch ongoing anime very often, so I usually don't need to worry about the quality of the subs I find. I will occasionally watch dubbed anime with friends, though.
    Yeah, I agree with you. Anime isn't a best way to learn Japanese. Since some characters in the anime don't speak like a regular Japanese person would (like adding a catch phrase or talking in old fashion Japanese [like saying "de gozaru"]. Plus you might get the feminine and the masculine suffixes like "ore" and "watashi" mixed up. Starting a conversation up with a Japanese person using the wrong suffix would be embarrassing.
    But yeah it is nice to get few simple phrases or two from anime(s). They can be helpful when you want a reference for how to speak a full sentence(or more).

My White FC: 0647-1618-6277

i usually watch subbed,i like the original more than most dubs, with a couple exceptions(FMAB!).im also currently learning japanese.not from watching/listening to the anime,no. im taking classes. but i find it helps anyway, because you start picking words out and learning to understand the fast-talk.

so metal

Subbed is always better. It's original and not heavily edited like that crappy Mew Mew anime.
    4kids ruined it by editing pratically everything.
    You won't even recognize it as the same thing anymore.
    Help Staryu, will you?

I have claimed Houndoom.
    When you start something, finish it.

Subbed because my ears bleed with the dubs.

Thanks to Tyranitarquake for the banner!

i perfer dubs so i don't have to read and miss important parts of whatever i'm watching
    I also like dubs because its anime in the language i speak in
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122

Baking Soda, I got Baking Soda!

Quote Originally Posted by POKEMONISDUMB!!!!!!!!!!!! View Post
    Subbed is always better. It's original and not heavily edited like that crappy Mew Mew anime.
    4kids ruined it by editing pratically everything.
    You won't even recognize it as the same thing anymore.
    uhh 4kids hasn't done anything since then you still can't be bashing on 4kids.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122

Baking Soda, I got Baking Soda!

Quote Originally Posted by Torterra14 View Post
    Sub>Dub hands down. Though the DBZ Dub was amazing.
    This post literally makes no sense.

Especially when DBZ's dub is horrible.

3DS FC: 3222-6347-6877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tsukento

Quote Originally Posted by thebattleforntierash View Post
    They still dub Yu-Gi-oh! 5D's. And I think they were supposed to have some other show called Tai-Chi Chasers or something but I don't know what happened to that.

Quote Originally Posted by thebattleforntierash View Post
    The edit button says hello.

Also, 4kids is Toonzai now...in otherwords: 4kids lives on.

They edit less now, but they make anime seem like American cartoons. Except Yu-gi-oh.

That's saying something, am I wrong?
    Help Staryu, will you?

I have claimed Houndoom.
    When you start something, finish it.

Well to be honest: the anime's I find that I like enough to stick with are usually not popular so finding subbed/dubbed episodes are hard to come by, and I take whatever I can find... I tried (unsuccessfully) having the internet teach me Japanese so I could watch a couple anime's that I couldn't find any subs/dubs for at one point.

Page 91 of 104 FirstFirst ... 4181878889909192939495101 ... LastLast