View Poll Results: Do you prefer watch Anime to be subtitled or dubbed in English?

Voters
1982. You may not vote on this poll
  • Subbed - I like the original voices

893 45.06%
  • Dubbed - I don't want to have to read

465 23.46%
  • I want to be able to choose either one

396 19.98%
  • I don't care either way

228 11.50%
Page 100 of 104 FirstFirst ... 509096979899100101102103104 LastLast
Results 2,476 to 2,500 of 2595

Thread: Like anime subbed or dubbed? ~ Where the concept of Uncut DVDs still hasn't sank in.

I believe that this depends, for example: If you were to watch DBZ (If you don't know what that stands for you should slam your head against the wall) I prefer dubbed. But for anime like Blue Dragon, I prefer it subbed, even though it is by the same author and everything.

Dude your signature is epic

I prefer it subbed to be honest. The dub omits and adds stuff that was never in the original sometimes which upsets me. Though there are other times where I like to watch dubbed because they add in humor and the English voices go well with the characters and such.

Dubbed.

Seriously, if I wanted to read something, I'd read a book, a fan-fiction or a hilariously dramatic and funny forum post. I want to see the action, not have my eyes glued to the bottom of the screen every split second just to see what they're saying.

One exception is the two Gurren Lagann movies which weren't dubbed yet.

3DS Friend Code: 2337-4608-0376
    Most Recent Shiny: - 868 eggs
    Current Hunt:

I'm not sure why everyone thinks our eyes glued to the bottom of the screen when watching subbed anime. I can easily watch both the subs and show at the same time.

I guess it's just my mad skillz.

Dubbed, I rather watching peacefully than having to pay attention reading.

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    I'm not sure why everyone thinks our eyes glued to the bottom of the screen when watching subbed anime. I can easily watch both the subs and show at the same time.

I guess it's just my mad skillz.
    It was an expression. Of course we have two eyes to watch both at the same time, but it's tiresome after a while.

Current Hunt:

Quote Originally Posted by Green Blockhead View Post
    It was an expression. Of course we have two eyes to watch both at the same time, but it's tiresome after a while.
    Oh, I know. I'm not necessarily talking about you. It's just a lot of people make it sound harder than it actually is.

dubbed because i want to be able to understand what they are saying without having to read subtitles all the time seriously i watch sub very rarely and even then it usually only clips from the show.
    If you believe in Jesus Christ put this in your profile and don't just ignore this, because in the Bible it says,
    If you deny me, I will deny you in front of my Father at the gates of Heaven.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
    for those of you who are interested here is my link to my youtube account: http://www.youtube.com/user/pokedigijedi

Trade shop: pokedigijedi's bounty board
    3DS FRIEND CODE: 4382-2152-1254 friend safari type: poison pokemon ariados, kakuna, and muk. please don't take too long too add me it drives me crazy and I will delete your friend code

I'll take either-or, really. Usually the voices in the dub aren't too bad so I can watch and have no problem with them. At the same time, I have no problem reading subtitles and watching at the same time, so it's not a hindrance. So it just depends on which one I happen to stumble upon first.
    Current mono-type: TFL, Round 4
    Game: Black 2 (6/8)

Regions cleared: Johto | Hoenn | Sinnoh | Unova | (More? Let's finish these first~)
    ~*~*~
    "If you want someone to sign a letter addressed to you 'With love', you might try asking someone who doesn't hate your guts."

I generally like dubbed because I generally find having to read to be a bit distracting. And, really, all Japanese voices sound the exact same to me, anyway.

Sid87's Gen 6 Igloo Shop!

FC: 3823-9867-2750

I picked SUBBED...

However, there are certain anime that are actually good dubbed, you just need to find them but, the majority is better Subbed, for sure...

^Same to me.
    Black 2 Friend Code: 4900-4933-8066

I can trade:

Lickie by PopPrincess_Lyra

Sub first usually, but if the Dub is good I'll watch it as well (if I like the series enough to watch it again, that is).

I like watching the original Pokemon series Dubbed, childhood and stuff. While I like the newer ones subbed.

No particular preference. Anything that has half decent voice acting will satisfy me. Bebop is better dubbed, K-On is better subbed. Although in the case of Pokemon (And other childhood anime) watching it subbed would make me feel like a huge weeaboo

It depends on what I'm watching. If the dub was accurately translated with decent voice acting I'd probably go for that otherwise I'd watch subbed however, those can also be substandard at times. A perfect example of this would be the Metrodome release of the Takara Transformers series where both the dub and the subs were awful.

edit" lmao wrong thread. u,mmmm

I agree that watching Pokemon subbed is pretty damn weaboo.
    Last edited by Vernikova; 18th February 2013 at 1:27 AM.

Subbed are my first choice, RAW second, I rarely ever watch dubs.

Actually, now that I think of it, when it comes to Di Gi Charat, I prefer RAW first, subs second, and dubs never. I've been watching it RAW lately because everything that has been subbed, I've seen. I'm learning Japanese right now, so watching RAW helps, so I can listen more carefully and pick out things I understand. It really helps. Once I've seen something subbed multiple times, I just start watching it RAW and only go back to subbed while streaming on my Synchtube with others.
    [IMG]http://i47.*******.com/10x926o.png[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    Oh, I know. I'm not necessarily talking about you. It's just a lot of people make it sound harder than it actually is.
    I'm not saying it's hard, it's just a matter of preference.

Personally, I think characters sound better in american dubs.

Current Hunt:

I usually prefer dubbed, but I'll watch subbed if it's the only way, if it's a lot easier to find, or if I just can't stand their English voices (Puella Magi Madoka Magica) XP.

I disagree with the idea of it automatically being "weaboo-ish" to watch Pokemon in Japanese. The Japanese version isn't some hardcore teen show, but the differences between voices of the same character but in different language versions of the show (English and Japanese- and in fact, Japan didn't have a big voice switch like in the English dub), and certain lines different between the Japanese version and English do build up, and in my opinion, they build up significantly enough for the viewing experience to be really different. (Especially when background music and lyrical theme songs get considered.)

And even if the dubbing of the Pokemon series was much, much similar, I don't think it's automatically weaboo-ish to prefer watching the show in the language it was originally done in.

I do wish it were available legally subbed in English though, but... yeah, even among the older, forum-using part of the Pokemon fandom, there isn't that much of an interest.
    Reminder from August 09, 2010- Name my future Reshiram "Griffin"...

My Current HeartGold Team:

If you want, look at Yu-Gi-Oh! C,Pokiman, and Naruto C, but they haven't exactly been updated recently...

STILL REJECTING PMs. SORRY. (No offense to anyone.)

I prefer subbed, it helps me picture the characters better if i hear the original japanese voice actors. I'm okay with dubbed though, it really depends on the anime. Some sound better than others..

I guess I prefer dubs since I actually fully know what I'm listening to, I don't speak Japanese therefore I can't ultimately tell if the acting is good or bad I can hear a few things in their performances but not as much as when I watch dubs. I can happily watch subs and enjoy them but I still prefer dubs since I can fully hear and understand everything including minor subtleties. I guess subs do have the novelty of being the original but when I watch them I don't feel like I'm getting the proper experience and I just feel that I'm watching something that wasn't made for me.
    Last edited by Ringworm128; 20th March 2013 at 4:04 AM.

I watch sub because it comes out first. Most of the time the voices are good however there are a few times where the Japanese's voices stink but for the most part they are great (Blackbeards Japanese voice actor is just a boss)

I watch dub if it is available and I have not watched the series yet. I do not like reading I enjoy sitting back and just listening but since sub comes out first I roll with it.

Page 100 of 104 FirstFirst ... 509096979899100101102103104 LastLast