View Poll Results: Do you prefer watch Anime to be subtitled or dubbed in English?

Voters
1982. You may not vote on this poll
  • Subbed - I like the original voices

893 45.06%
  • Dubbed - I don't want to have to read

465 23.46%
  • I want to be able to choose either one

396 19.98%
  • I don't care either way

228 11.50%
Page 12 of 104 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast

Thread: Like anime subbed or dubbed? ~ Where the concept of Uncut DVDs still hasn't sank in.

I like subbed anime because it is the way it was meant to be. Certain dubs are good, such as Yuu Yuu Hakusho, Fullmetal Alchemist, and Fruits Basket. But those good dubs are few and far between (I know thats a cliche but oh well!) and for every good dub out there there are ten or more horribly massacred Naruto-esque dubs out there.

Subbed definatly. Usually the dubbed is butchered and not how the creator meant it to be. So I watch the good version.

Quote Originally Posted by blackice2
    Subbed definatly. Usually the dubbed is butchered and not how the creator meant it to be. So I watch the good version.
    "Usually"? Do you know how many licensed anime are released straight to DVD compared to those aired on television?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik
    Cardcaptors:4kids messed it up only good thing about it is that I got hooked on anime and learned about Cardcaptor Sakura which was the real show and 10x as much better then cardcaptors.
    4Kids didn't do Cardcaptors, Nelvana did.
    Last edited by Satoshi; 8th July 2006 at 7:40 PM.
    Tales of REDPLICAAAAAA!
    Anime Blog [x] Art [0] Bishoujou [0] BMGf [x] LiveJournal [x] Eggbear! [x] Credit [n/a]
    .UVERworld。

I like to watch both Subbed and Dubbed. Dubbed to hear the English voices and Subbed to watch the original content.

I normally listen to dubbed versions of anime. For me, since I can't understand much Japanese, it's just easier to do it this way. However, the original voices along with the subtitles can be much better than the dubbed version, in some instances.

I definately prefer anime subtitled. I personally think some dubbing companies don't put effort into finding people who actually sound like the character in the anime they're dubbing.
    [IMG]http://i40.*******.com/vrbtic.png[/IMG][IMG]http://i44.*******.com/11kfvb5.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i39.*******.com/15i5fn4.png[/IMG]
    Sometimes it feels like the whole wide world has made itself my enemy
    On hiatus until further notice. May come back once in a while to reply to PMs and approve of threads.

I prefer dubbed, simply because I don't like to read the subtitles.

Well, I choose subbed since I can get to it faster and the japanese voices sound cool. If the series is good I would probabaly buy the american releases and watch it dubbed. Dubs are interesting to watch, its kind of cool to see your favorite character talking your native language. And sometimes complex series are easier to understand dubbed.

So they are pretty even to me but since I can get subbed faster and make AMV and take screenshots and stuff and skip to a certain part faster, so I choose subs.

Its kind of annoying when people complain about dubs. When people, dont like the voices I guess that ok. But when people get mad over blood and language its really weird. Do you HAVE to see blood? It really doesnt change anything, as long as they leave the action parts in. Like my friend was whinign about the Naruto dub and he was like "Man, american Naruto sucks. They cut out alot of blood".

I said " Dude, who cares? They left the fighting in. Are you like some blood thirsty dude?" He just said "No, blood is cool though".

He probabaly wouldnt say that if someone got stabbed right in front of him or something. But I guess I can kinda understand why people complain about no blood sinc eit takes away the realism, but I dont really mind. And language, the dub companies usually put in words like idiot or loser instead and to me it sounds funnier than b*****d so I like it.

Personally, I don't really care either ways.

However, I prefer watching Animes in subbed with English subtitles a little more than the other. The original version has better voice actors and they don't cut out scenes.
    Sig Under Construction!

X.x Life is like a never ending maze... x.X

I prefer subbed
    I can breed almost everything that is breedable!
    Diamond Friend Code: 0774 1721 9376
    Platinum Friend Code: 2707 9389 9977
    Looking for: Umbreon

Dubbed AND Americanized...I simply love watching online messageboards go up in flames over pointless ****. Love it.

It's good to have both.
    PASBL
    1-2-0 KO's-0
    Level 1 (TP:5)

FB PC
    FB Dream Team

Fizzy Bubbles

I like it to be subbed, I enjoy the real voices and what the characters actually say opposed to what the english dubbers make them say in replace of what originally was said.

Does that make sence?
    I claimed Saber from Fate/Stay night as my bishie...she is the best...and I love her, Credit to whoever made this sig
    Poor thing only has a few more hours to live...please click it to let it continue living ._.

Subbed. Period. And 4Kids just makes dubs worse.

Dont bump, this thread's more than a week old.

Quote Originally Posted by SilentEcho
    Subbed. Period. And 4Kids just makes dubs worse.
    4kids is one company. There are companies, such as Funimation, who can actually make dubs that are better than the subs.

I definetly like to hear english voices because then you can pick up the emotion in the speech which makes you more interested I'm not saying you can't enjoy an anime by reading it but that way it's not so easy to pick up emotion from the characters. I know it's not the same but it's a similar sort of thing for rpg games (sorry to go off topic) if the text is not audio like in Baten Kaitos and Tales of Symphonia then you don't get so interested and it only gets played one time through anyway this is what I think.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

I likes my English.

We are nerd, you will be assimilated into our society. Resistance is futile.

Shadow_Blaziken Guest

Subbed.
    Because I get to hear what the original seiyuu sounds like.I know having someone subtitle it for you is bothering,but hearing the original seiyuus and reading the subtitles is better for me.

Quote Originally Posted by BattleFranky~40
    4kids is one company. There are companies, such as Funimation, who can actually make dubs that are better than the subs.
    May I also add that most of the only "bad" dubs air on television, while all the decent dubs get straight-to-DVD releases. Now, do you guys know how many straight-to-DVD release there are compared to televised dubs?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Edge
    You...really fail at minimodding. =/
    Tales of REDPLICAAAAAA!
    Anime Blog [x] Art [0] Bishoujou [0] BMGf [x] LiveJournal [x] Eggbear! [x] Credit [n/a]
    .UVERworld。

depents what anime it is id it is pokemon then subbed but if it was fruits basket then i would say dubbed
    Last edited by youssef20138; 4th August 2006 at 10:28 AM.

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann!
    WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK WE ARE?!

STFU, it's a damn sticky. There is no bumping.

Anyway, generally I prefer whatever version I saw first. I saw Naruto subbed first, so I generally like the subs better. I saw Dragon Ball Z as a dub first, so I prefer the dub more (not the edits per say; I'm talking about the voices).
    No one cares about what shinies you have.
    25616% of people on Serebii have stupid made-up statistics in their sigs, if you agree with me, STFU. Started by WHO CARES.

I don't care either way~
    But since I'm too easily distracted by reading,I'll go with dubbed.
    Bishie // Hakudoushi <3
    Known as Kanna-chan on Pokecommunity =]

We don't allow the bumping of MONTH OLD threads. Not week old. And this is a sticky, so it's fine as there is no bumping.

You fail at mini-modding. Go read the rules.
    [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/v6t8cg.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i54.*******.com/28cec2e.jpg[/IMG]

3DS FC: 3222-6347-6877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tsukento

I prefer anime dubbed. I've gotten too used to all the english voices and it would seem really wierd to me if I all of a sudden started watching everything in japanese. plus, the subtitles would probably be too fast to read anyway. (I've never even watched any non dubbed anime before, and plus, the only anime I watch is pokemon, dragonball, dbz, naruto,(only sometimes, I think it's sort of scary, but I do like ninjas.^^) and avatar.(if that counts?))

Page 12 of 104 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast