View Poll Results: Do you prefer watch Anime to be subtitled or dubbed in English?

Voters
1982. You may not vote on this poll
  • Subbed - I like the original voices

893 45.06%
  • Dubbed - I don't want to have to read

465 23.46%
  • I want to be able to choose either one

396 19.98%
  • I don't care either way

228 11.50%
Page 104 of 104 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104
Results 2,576 to 2,595 of 2595

Thread: Like anime subbed or dubbed? ~ Where the concept of Uncut DVDs still hasn't sank in.

To be perfectly honest I like to watch dubbed anime more than I do subbed, but my reason is so obvious, I simply would prefer to watch anime in my own tongue; a language I can actually understand. The voices matter as well I prefer to hear english voices because I'm use to them. What I can't stand about dubbed anime however is the sync if the sync is off even a bit it bugs the hell out of me. Aside from that, there is a vast number of anime that haven't been dubbed and are only available through english subs. That's fine, I don't mind subbed anime I just prefer dubbed as I'm sure a lot of dubbed fans agree upon.

When I hear things in english I can more easily relate to each character and story, that I assume is because I'm not being bothered by reading the bottom of the screen and I can hear familiar voices. Japanese voices have a different affect than english voices do. Although, granted; it is partially true that Japanese voices often give off more emotion, in some situations I'd jump in my seat or cry a lot easier hearing Japanese voices than I would english, another thing is that subbed anime leaves a bit more to the imagination because often times you create alternate voices for the characters in your head that speak english.

My point is that either way it's a matter of preference, and nothing else. It doesn't make you any better or worse of a person to prefer one or the other. Subbed has it's up-sides and so does dubbed. Leave it at that. I personally love the idea of having two options, I get to enjoy some of my favourite animes twice and the experience is different because I can watch it through in dubbed and subbed. Look at it that way XD

My two cents? ^
    Last edited by PerfectAngelics; 27th October 2013 at 9:52 AM.
    Friend Code: 3325 - 2182 - 8067
    Friend Safari: Lilipup, Loudred, and Eevee!

Just message me if you wanna friend me.

(>'.')> <('.'<)

<(^.^)>

t(-_-t) <-- Fail.

Personally I would stick the original version of the anime! So that means its SUBS for me!
    However, there are some cases in which I prefer the dub over sub...but it doesn't happen that often lol

I am a proud member of the
    Extraordinary Gentleman's Organization (E.G.O.)

I've been seeing from the Pokémon series the dub often. But the newer ones (XY saga) is only to be found subbed. Okay, the Pokémon names are different but I got used to that. I'm also a fast reader so I can watch what happens with ease. And I preffer the Japanes openings. I've seen the Japanese openings of the BW saga and they are in my opinion much better than the English ones.

So overall said: I preffer sub but dub isn't a problem either.
    I'm a Christian and I have autism. Both makes people special. Does this mean I'm double special? The answer is ''No'' because everyone is equally special.

Due to personal stuff, I'm not as often online as I was before. I'm sorry if this causes any inconvenience.

And this Future seems to be a Wild one
    Claimed Scyther

Thanks to Chapter of Charizard for the Button

Getting curious what those letters in the button stand for? Find the introduction of the PASBL here

Quote Originally Posted by Zelphon View Post
    The notion that one's maturity is desided by what they enjoy is steeped in immaturity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monster Guy View Post
    Arceus gave zero ****s that day...

subbed since its the way i always watch it, only like the dub if the voice is good

I watch both.

I prefer subtitled, hearing the original voice actors is always the best. The Japanese Voice actors seem to be more passionate about their character than english dubs do. They sound stale to me. :/ the only anime that I allow English dub was Wolf's Rain. It was actually good. All others I can't stand! XD Sometimes the English Dub's try TOO hard to be cutesy and just ruin it. LOL.

I take commissions, just pm me!

Ibuki loves loves loves subbed anime. Dubbed voices don't fit in with characters and the personalities. A great example is Gasai Yuno from Mirai Nikki. You would expect her to have a cute and queaky voice but no, she gets a middle aged woman voicing her. Terrible, absolutely terrible. Subbed anime feels more natural and Ibuki doesn't mind reading the text on the bottom on the screen. Teehee~

Userbar by Astral Shadow
    Ice Type Safari
    3DS FC: 0318 8159 1550

I like subbed more though I do enjoy the dubbed voices because I can't help but think of the voice actors other roles. Like hearing Piccolo in every anime that Funimation dubs
    3DS friend code is 0430-8381-3903

Both. Sometimes dubbed anime has better voices, one example is Dragon Ball Z.

i prefer to understand what i hear more
    it is absolutely pointless for me to watch sub and if the dub had a really horrible VA like highschool of dead, i'll simply read the manga
    sure both manga and sub requires reading, but im not the kind of guy who can hear something and still be able to read, its an issue for me

Subbed for sure.
    In my opinion, I think the voices sound better in Japanese in every anime I've watched.

I always attempt to find a subbed over a dubbed anime. This is usually because I prefer to read the true story than to endure them attempting to fit the story/script in with what they have. Sometimes dubs can be fairly close to what was originally intended (such as Studio Ghibli films as a ton of work is put into them) but I am a little odd and enjoy reading subtitles regardless as they ensure you're getting all of the information and you're paying attention.

I'm not going to judge someone over wanting to watch a dub if they have tried subs before and cannot stand them, but I will always encourage people to try as it's more representative of what the original filmmakers intended.

Subbed. English just isn't right. I mean, the japanese voices just fit perfectly. Plus if it's an action packed anime like Bleach, then the subtitles definitely help, because I just can't hear Ichigo's voice over the violence.

IGN: Flyer 3DS FC: 4012 5240 1274

Credit goes to Astral Shadow from The Under for the awesome sig!

Well, 90% of the time I watch anything I usually half watch it, and just listen. That being said, I can't speak Japanese(I would love to learn to though) so I go with Dubbed.
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

Yo... um... I decided to search for my post in this thread back when I was still... quite young. Back when I had watched more dubs than subs. Back when I rarely watched anime, unlike now. And I saw how little my opinion is regarding to this topic. So here I'm back with an actual opinion.

Okay, I'll just be completely honest here: I'll be basing this on the dubs that come from my own country, as that's the one that I've been listening to more than the English ones. So if anyone wants to go on about that's a stupid point to be standing, then I'll tell that I do sometimes watch English dubs, okay? And note: There are several anime that I watched in both versions as well, but I honestly still prefer the subs.

The only reason why I prefer watching subs is basically... their voice acting is better. Okay, now here's the thing. Indonesian dubs (yay, my country and the language is revealed) SUCK. They have no emotion. No passion. Nothing. You don't know how much I hated them. I swear, English dubs have better acting than my own country. And I feel like hearing only a single person throughout those dubs.

Okay, back to subs vs. english dubs. Alright, I'll just say that at the time I first posted, I said that subs are better, and it was back at 2009 when I have only watched very few anime. I had only completed Digimon from Adventures - Frontiers, and Frontiers was the only one I watched in subs as I only had the subbed version back then. The rest were English dubs. And to be honest... I enjoyed Frontiers the most. I actually like Tamers more since it was one of my childhood anime, despite it was dubbed in Indonesian (although I ended up finishing it in English), but Frontiers was just better in every aspect imo. And when I decided to give the Frontier dubs a go, which is probably like 2 years since I first watched it (and obviously you'll kinda forget how the voice acting was), it wasn't... very appealing.

Sure, maybe there might be a few dubs out there that's actually good. However, I'd rather stick to the subs and the original Japanese since they portray the characters better. I mean, if you have an emotionless character and you give it a non-emotionless voice acting, I'll dislike it even if it's the first version I watched... Plus, I find it fun listening to a different language than mine. :>

(By the way, if you really need an actual reason why I think Japanese voice acting is better... They portray MLP: FiM fantastically in Japanese. P: )

In honor of Mystica
    3DS FC: 3926-5714-3675 | Y IGN: Tempus

Dubbed. I just couldn't be bothered reading when I'm watching it. And anyway I think the dub voices are better than the original voices. I don't mind sub but when I have the option I will pick dub.

I'll only really watch a show if it's dubbed. I have no interest in learning Japanese and even if I did I'd still not want to watch something in an unnatural language for me. As for subbed I don't want to have to read what I'm watching either, it not only takes some of the focus away from watching the show to read the sub-titles it requires some marginal level of effort that simply watching the show wouldn't, lazy perhaps, but it's all just a preference anywho.

Alot of the times if I do hear the Japanese voices I like the English voice actors sound over that of the Japanese voice actors.
    Last edited by Dwlr; 23rd January 2014 at 11:27 PM.

Dubbed - I don't want to have to read

This statement sounds dumb, really.

But eh... I don't actually care. I prefer dubbed because I have a better grasp of my own language, eh! I fail to comprehend some emotions which voices usually carry. However, I really... Don't care. If I can have dubbed, I'll prefer it. But I don't search for dubbed animes only.

Normally I don't really care, but it is a tad annoying to read it after a few hours of watching anime. Everything in moderation I guess.
    3DS FC: 4785-5475-7913. Friend safari: fire w/ Growlithe, Larvesta, and Fletchinder.

Favorite obtained 6th gen shiny sprites: 658, 681, and 697

I get it if they don't have Dubs.... but c'mon now some male japanese va's plain old sound like little girls....

Remember the days.....

Page 104 of 104 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104