View Poll Results: Do you prefer watch Anime to be subtitled or dubbed in English?

Voters
1982. You may not vote on this poll
  • Subbed - I like the original voices

893 45.06%
  • Dubbed - I don't want to have to read

465 23.46%
  • I want to be able to choose either one

396 19.98%
  • I don't care either way

228 11.50%
Page 13 of 104 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast

Thread: Like anime subbed or dubbed? ~ Where the concept of Uncut DVDs still hasn't sank in.

Whoo, 300 posts! :P

Originally Posted by The Edge
    Dont bump, this thread's more than a week old.
    Duh, I created this thread and Dogasu sticked this on March in 2005.
    It's one year and four and a half months. It's my idea to tell people's opinions and comments about subbed and dubbed.

I might say... many people like to watch anime with english subtitle, I am surprised.
    :P
    -----------------------------------------------
    czzzzzzz[]:::::::::::::::::::::::> ()__)__)__)__)__)__)

Taking back to previous Holy War in 243 years ago - The Lost Canvas.

Second part has ended and the twin gods were sealed. Then visiting to the Bluegard to get the source of power...

Status: | Aries | Taurus | Gemini | Cancer | Leo | Virgo | Libra | Scorpio | Sagittarius | Capricorn | Aquarius | Pisces | Pope/Altar |

I also known as Entei in chatroom.

Mario Kart DS - 073080 634195
    Pokemon Diamond DS - 0645 2455 5853
    SSBB Wii - 3909 7241 6221

I really don't care if they're Subbed or Dubbed.I just care if they are good or not.

rose: I like watching the original with subtitles, but sometimes the font is small. then again it nice watching the anime in a language you can understand.

RikuxSora fan for life!!
    credit to pgsmfan's station for the image[/SIZE]

Subbed. I want to watch the original version.
    Ruby Team: Groudon, Nuzleaf, Camerupt, Blaziken, Hariyama, Manectric
    New FireRed Team: Charmeleon, Pidgeotto, Mankey, Pikachu, Raticate, Diglett
    Emerald Team: Blaziken, Gardevoir, Swellow, Sudowoodo, Mightyena, Rayquaza
    Pearl Team: Infernape, Staraptor, Luxray, Floatzel, Bibarel, Drifblim
    Legendaries: Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Groudon, Jirachi, Rayquaza

I like both.

Dub because, I get tired of reading sometimes.
    Subs because, I want to get the series in it's original goodness.

I have to watch subs due to the dub being so horrible every so often...
    ..::The Digiport::..

::::::;---;::::::::
    Platinum FC: Ryo ~ 4854-9062-0300
    Diamond FC: Ryo ~ 3050-4064-7089

It depends. It makes sense to watch Rurouni Kenshin and Peacemaker subbed because it takes place in Japan and it would seem weird for them to be speaking English. On anime that doesn't take place in Japan, it depends. If the dub is good, I'll watch it that way. If it's bad, I'll wacth the sub version.

I don't care. I can understand japanese and english. I'm half japanese.

Dubbed. It's not that I'm too lazy to read - I'm fine with reading - but (to me, anyway) the show has more of a natural flow when the characters speak in your own language.
    Check out my fanfic, based on the PokeSpecial manga (Kanto-arc characters, set post-FRLG):
    ~~ http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2918915/1/ ~~

My bishie is Lyserg, from Shaman King.

ZlasPorygon Guest

I like both, some shows like Naruto, Bleach, and Black Cat are best in their original language although I've yet to hear of a dubbed Black Cat.

I do, however, like the dubbing of shows like Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh, and Trigun.

I'll watch nearly anything subbed, as long as it's not one of those crappy "Hong Kong sub" pirated DVDs you can buy in some downtown market. =_=;

I learned that the hard way with "Howl's Moving Castle" and "Doraemon" while I visited there...

HELO DOLA-DREAM! (Hello, Doraemon) WTF?
    xNodame is my Bishoujo! MUKYA! >:3
    xCurrently playing: MinDeaD BlooD (PC), Dairantou Smash Bros. X (Wii), No More Heroes (Wii) [Lots of stuff]
    xCurrently watching: Nothin' [Playing too many games]
    xCurrently listening: Ayako Ono - [TWO OF US]
    <---

[ HAZUKASHII~!]

{----------------------------------------------------------------------------}
    | Anime List | Youtube Account | Website |

Well,Like I am brasilian is a little bad I hear the american english(is very fast),but is not because of that I prefer in japnase,The american versions contains very cuts and modified names

Quote Originally Posted by gremhiilzoone View Post
    Well,Like I am brasilian is a little bad I hear the american english(is very fast),but is not because of that I prefer in japnase,The american versions contains very cuts and modified names
    What american dubs have you seen?

Quote Originally Posted by ZlasPorygon View Post
    I like both, some shows like Naruto, Bleach, and Black Cat are best in their original language although I've yet to hear of a dubbed Black Cat.

I do, however, like the dubbing of shows like Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh, and Trigun.
    Naruto is best in it's original language while you like the dubbing of Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh!?

What? o_O
    Tales of REDPLICAAAAAA!
    Anime Blog [x] Art [0] Bishoujou [0] BMGf [x] LiveJournal [x] Eggbear! [x] Credit [n/a]
    .UVERworld。

Dubbed. It strains my eyes when I have to read. It's sort of a condition I have.

-The Skarm

#1 Sk@rmory Fan
    Signature By Me

Quote Originally Posted by Satoshi View Post
    Naruto is best in it's original language while you like the dubbing of Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh!?

What? o_O
    Well, both versions of Yu-Gi-Oh are bad, but atleast the dub is unintensionally funny.

Subtitles.
    The dubbed dbz compared to the original is pretty lame, though some dubs aren't bad like FMA.
    Overall, I still perfer reading the sub and listening to the original voices.

Quote Originally Posted by Raine View Post
    The dubbed dbz compared to the original is pretty lame, though some dubs aren't bad like FMA.
    "Some"? o_O No, actually, alot of dubs are good. It's just that most of the "bad" dubs that are talked about are the ones that air on TV (which the most of the "most" comes from 4Kids, if I may add).

Anime that get released straight to DVD are just perfectly fine most of the time. There are alot of good dubs on TV too, so the good dubs outnumber the bad.
    Tales of REDPLICAAAAAA!
    Anime Blog [x] Art [0] Bishoujou [0] BMGf [x] LiveJournal [x] Eggbear! [x] Credit [n/a]
    .UVERworld。

For me, it depends. Most of the time I watch subs as I like to listen to Japanese and if the dub is really bad like Zatch Bell and Yu-Gi-Oh!.

Though I watch dubs if they're amusing or done good like Pokemon, Prince of Tennis, and Bobobo-Bo-Bo-Bobo.
    90% of pokemon fans hate/dislike Pikachu, if you are one of the 10% who don't, copy and paste this in your signature (started by Rukario907)
    ~Treasure Fighter (Kiyomaro's Theme)~ and Fuji Syuusuke ~Claimed

My Journey Log of Pokemon White
    Warning: General jerkiness and sarcasm abound. Of course, spoilers as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilchibi_pichu View Post
    For me, it depends. Most of the time I watch subs as I like to listen to Japanese and if the dub is really bad like Zatch Bell and Yu-Gi-Oh!.

Though I watch dubs if they're amusing or done good like Pokemon, Prince of Tennis, and Bobobo-Bo-Bo-Bobo.
    Explain how Zatch Bell has a bad dub, while Prince of Tennis has a good dub.

Originally posted by BattleFranky~40
    Explain how Zatch Bell has a bad dub, while Prince of Tennis has a good dub.
    It might be just me, but some of the charater's voices don't kinda fit of don't sound that good. Also countless names and attacks changes. Out of all the episodes I seen the only name they needed to change was Gash --> Zatch because of the double meaning in ep. 1 and the only attack Zakeru --> Zaker.

I don't understand why they had to change Patie to Penny or Zeon to Zeno. If you do please explain this to me.

Prince of Tennis is better, not great, but better in terms with the names and some of the voices. Horio and Arai is great in the dub.

Then again that's just my opinion.
    90% of pokemon fans hate/dislike Pikachu, if you are one of the 10% who don't, copy and paste this in your signature (started by Rukario907)

The Prince of Tennis actors all technically sound decent, but they all also sound like they're reading off of a piece of paper while talking. Plus, so far, for some reason they changed Twist Serve to Kick Serve, when it was Twist Serve in Ep. 1.

And seriously? Complaiming that they took the u off of Zakeru? Extremely petty and insignificant reason.

Originally psoted by BattleFranky~40
    The Prince of Tennis actors all technically sound decent, but they all also sound like they're reading off of a piece of paper while talking. Plus, so far, for some reason they changed Twist Serve to Kick Serve, when it was Twist Serve in Ep. 1.
    Yeah, changing Twist Serve to Kick Serve did piss me off a bit but they seem to be getting a tiny bit better with each episode when it comes to emotion. I'm giving it a chance.

Originally psoted by BattleFranky~40
    Complaiming that they took the u off of Zakeru? Extremely petty and insignificant reason.
    I wasn't really complaining besides it was an EXAMPLE of the things I'd said I understood why they changed it and I don't really care for the attack name changing that much as I do for the names.

And besides, it's not as funny in English. ^^

depends on who dubbed it, i usually try to preffer the dub if the dub is handled well but if not subbed. so if it's a dub like say One Piece or Yu-Gi-Oh or pretty much anything dubbed by 4kids then sub! if it's a dub like Inuyasha, Yu Yu Hakusho, Fullmetal Alchimest, or any dub dubbed by FUNimation other then DBZ then the dub wins! although it's a tie for Naruto

I'll go with dubbed because I hate their English voices.
    People I owe battles to: Megamiz, Slicing Scizor

Sorry guys that my Wi-fi went screwy.

Want Shiny Metagrosses and Shiny Nidorans, rare pokemon, and legendaries? Check my trading threads for them! http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=237741

FC: 0902 9215 9161

Quote Originally Posted by Fox O' Donnel View Post
    I'll go with dubbed because I hate their English voices.
    You'll go with dubbed because you hate English voices?

What?
    Tales of REDPLICAAAAAA!
    .UVERworld。

Page 13 of 104 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast