View Poll Results: Do you prefer watch Anime to be subtitled or dubbed in English?

Voters
1982. You may not vote on this poll
  • Subbed - I like the original voices

893 45.06%
  • Dubbed - I don't want to have to read

465 23.46%
  • I want to be able to choose either one

396 19.98%
  • I don't care either way

228 11.50%
Page 24 of 104 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474 ... LastLast

Thread: Like anime subbed or dubbed? ~ Where the concept of Uncut DVDs still hasn't sank in.

Either one. Just as long as it's entertaining.
    My Team

Made by my good friend Charizard Champion#06
    Quote Originally Posted by Hero View Post
    Puberty is for the weak. I was born a man.
    LOL

Mario Kart Wii Friend Code: 3480 2939 6419
    Pm Me to add.
    PSN ID: CM-Matt

The japanese voices in FLCL suck real bad, so I liberately watched the dubs instead. I saw NGE in english too, and it wasn't all that bad either.

Subbed. Meh, the original one's better. Then, dubbed is okay too, you don't have to read...but at least I learn from japanese sayings...

renami ++ says:
    JULIAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    renami ++ says:
    WILL YOU MARRY ME
    on c l o u d nine ? says:
    UM KAY I'LL MARRY YOU
    Dynamite Shark Princess says:
    ILU
    on c l o u d nine ? says:
    WAIT WTF I HAVE A LOT OF ADMIRERS

I much rather watch Anime is Subs, then anything.
    Shiny Count>55

Quote Originally Posted by xRPx View Post
    I much rather watch Anime is Subs, then anything.
    But of course! CuZ JAPAN is SUPERIOR!!!!

I honestly don't care. Dub is good because I don't have to waste my time reading the subtitles and missing out of what is going on.

But then again, subtitles are good because you aren't behind like dubs are. And you won't have to come on the forums without the temptation of the spoiler tags. Lol...

Either way, i like them both and they both have their advantages and disadvantages. IMO.
    Proud Member Of The The New Zealand Pokemon Fan Club! ( Co-Owner )
    Join The New Zealand Pokemon Fan Club!

[IMG]http://i4.*******.com/81jbbqx.png[/IMG]
    Credit Goes To Knight_Ram For This Trainer Card.

Xbox360 - Gamertag - Taniwha Ranger

Technicially, don't you know what's going on if you're reading subtitles?

It's not like fansubs or official subs of anime put in a subtitle every single time someone shouts "AHHHHHH!" during the action. And generally, with character interaction... you really don't miss much since you know what they're saying.
    Tales of REDPLICAAAAAA!
    Anime Blog [x] Art [0] Bishoujou [0] BMGf [x] LiveJournal [x] Eggbear! [x] Credit [n/a]
    .UVERworld。

Quote Originally Posted by BattleFranky~40 View Post
    How exactly do the voice actors suck?

How about giving reasons?
    How do they suck? They don't fit their characters.
    3DS Friend Code: 0748-2535-5552
    Feel free to pm me your friend code and add me, hoping for more pokemon in Friend Safari

I prefer sub. I get know some japanese .
    [img]http://i14.*******.com/2lcb2gw.png[/img]
    |Pair|Twin|Adopted|
    Credit goes to John's Knight for the banner

Which character are you test by Naruto - Kun.com

If you're reading subtitles, how do you learn Japanese?

I learned some phrases such as "I don't know" and stuff, but you can't learn the Japanese language simply by watching subbed anime.

Credit to Mimiori Kiryu for the SONVA banner.

I claimed Midna as my bishie in the bishie thread.

subbed of course, but I've started watching pokémon and DBZ in the dub version so I prefer those two in dub.
    FC: 3797-5852-8507

Red face Dubbed but not opposed to subbed

Yes, I will, if at all possible watch an English dub over a Japanese one. Though I often watch both or at least take a look, or 'hear' of the Japanese voice acting. It's not because I hate reading subtitles or anything quite so mundane (no offense to those who hate subtitles though, they can be annoying at times)

I don't watch an incredibly large amount of anime by any stretch of the imagination, though if given the opportunity I'll try anything once, in English or not. it's just, in my mind I develop a much deeper connection with characters of anime or videogames when their voices are in english, despite how cool I may think the Japanese sounds. I like to be able to ad lib their voices in my head, and that just doesn't work with a language I cannot understand. though even if I do learn Japanese, I probably always 'think' in English.

And if a characters voice is bad, I just don't take them very seriously as I may a character who has some kind of emotional attachment with me...and in the same light, I may still enjoy the show quite a bit despite my affliction with the characters which may be a quite a big scale as I have very few favorites...if that makes much sense, really I can't quite explain it very well but then again I don't think it' necessary.

And when I think about, generally, when people say anime is supposed to be in Japanese because it's well, Japanese, I think about all the other non asian influences common in animation and games, and quite often the case is that the place the characters are in isn't even Japan, or in an entirely different world altogether, which generally I like better than 'real' places.

So yeah, I definitely prefer anything animated in english...unless you happen to be one of those lovely little buggers that makes up their own language, like Ico.

My favorite anime are Wolf's Rain and Last Exile. In my opinion the English voice acting is superb in both, of course this can be debated.Though I'm not deaf to bad voice acting either. Aeris' VA in Advent Children was...very not good, but I didn't mind cause I don't care about her character in the slightest...or any of the FFVII cast really, cept maybe for Kadaj. I think he's one of the cutest 'things' I've ever seen,(I just wanna hug him, maybe that's why he misses his mommy, not enough hugs) if he was five he'd probably look exactly the same, ya know, just shorter...and for some reason, he's the only character I can picture dancing to Michael Jackson's Beat it without looking cheesy...and that says a lot.

......good god, I wrote a book.....

Red face Dubbed but not opposed to subbed

Yes, I will, if at all possible watch an English dub over a Japanese one. Though I often watch both or at least take a look, or 'hear' of the Japanese voice acting. It's not because I hate reading subtitles or anything quite so mundane (no offense to those who hate subtitles though, they can be annoying at times)

I don't watch an incredibly large amount of anime by any stretch of the imagination, though if given the opportunity I'll try anything once, in English or not. it's just, in my mind I develop a much deeper connection with characters of anime or videogames when their voices are in english, despite how cool I may think the Japanese sounds. I like to be able to ad lib their voices in my head, and that just doesn't work with a language I cannot understand. though even if I do learn Japanese, I probably always 'think' in English.

And if a characters voice is bad, I just don't take them very seriously as I may a character who has some kind of emotional attachment with me...and in the same light, I may still enjoy the show quite a bit despite my affliction with the characters which may be a quite a big scale as I have very few favorites...if that makes much sense, really I can't quite explain it very well but then again I don't think it' necessary.

And when I think about, generally, when people say anime is supposed to be in Japanese because it's well, Japanese, I think about all the other non asian influences common in animation and games, and quite often the case is that the place the characters are in isn't even Japan, or in an entirely different world altogether, which generally I like better than 'real' places.

So yeah, I definitely prefer anything animated in english...unless you happen to be one of those lovely little buggers that makes up their own language, like Ico.

My favorite anime are Wolf's Rain and Last Exile. In my opinion the English voice acting is superb in both, of course this can be debated.Though I'm not deaf to bad voice acting either. Aeris' VA in Advent Children was...very not good, but I didn't mind cause I don't care about her character in the slightest...or any of the FFVII cast really, cept maybe for Kadaj. I think he's one of the cutest 'things' I've ever seen,(I just wanna hug him, maybe that's why he misses his mommy, not enough hugs) if he was five he'd probably look exactly the same, ya know, just shorter...and for some reason, he's the only character I can picture dancing to Michael Jackson's Beat it without looking cheesy...and that says a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychicsRox View Post
    Though, likewise, Japanese voices can sometimes be below average too so that shouldn't be a reason to lean towards the subtitled version. This is esspecially true when you don't even KNOW the language.
    Tales of REDPLICAAAAAA!
    Anime Blog [x] Art [0] Bishoujou [0] BMGf [x] LiveJournal [x] Eggbear! [x] Credit [n/a]
    .UVERworld。

Quote Originally Posted by Knight_Ram View Post
    I honestly don't care. Dub is good because I don't have to waste my time reading the subtitles and missing out of what is going on.
    How is not seeing only mouth flaps for a second or two most of the time "missing out of what is going on"? I'm really dumbfounded whenever people make that claim.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychicsRox View Post
    Same could be said for Japanese, as Satoshi noted. (Never mind there is just as over-dramatizing done in Japanese dubs frequently enough, though folks who think that "subs are the way to go" either delude themselves to not notice that or else are to deaf to actually judge voice acting abilities.)

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonOkami View Post
    <book snipped>

Then I must be writing a new Bible every so often in the anime section, eh?

in the moment of ultra-light
    when the fire burns black
    & each & every second in the flame
    we divide & sub-divide &
    each time a cell splits off we
    become a new flesh - a new flesh
    a new self - a new self
    into infinity

How is not seeing only mouth flaps for a second or two most of the time "missing out of what is going on"? I'm really dumbfounded whenever people make that claim.
    I have horrid eyesight and I can easily read and watch at once...

People here must be Cyclopeans.

Japanese voice just sound too good to me. It gives the anime a completely wierd but cool style.

Thanks to IronSceptile X for the awesome banner.
    |PC :: FB :: TL :: DT :: PASBL|

Quote Originally Posted by Bloody Banette View Post
    Japanese voice just sound too good to me. It gives the anime a completely wierd but cool style.
    What's so wierd about Japanese?

Their vending machines.

Dubbed, because I wanna see all the action as well as the dialog.
    Ummm hi I'm probably not here anymore...! Though I visit maybe once or twice every few years. Please catch me on AIM or Twitter if you really want to see me! It's right on my profile. Later!

It really depends on the anime and the voice actors themselves, and I like the choice whether I can view it dubbed or subbed.

For example, I like watching Pokemon in English because when I first started watching it in 4th grade, it was in English.

However, for some reason, I like watching Naruto and Tsubasa in subtitles.

It's just random, and I like having the choice.

Friend Code:: 4983 3541 2207 || Name:: Allure
    [Allure's Trading Post -- Click Here if You Want to Trade Shinies!]

If you want a shiny of mine, I'll must likely give it to you.
    Honestly, in the end, they're just pixels. But be patient.

I like to watch animes subbed, but pokemon is an exception.

~
    ~D・N・ANGEL~

I don't really care. I only watch it if it's good.
    Credit to whoever made this.

My fools are renewed and ready to dance.

Moltres is my bishie. : Fear me!

I'd have to say subbed. I like the original voices. And I don't mind reading, so....yeah.....
    ~La Old Stuff~
    [Sig under construction]

WE KANT UNDERZTANT IT LOLLZXOL!!!!!

Page 24 of 104 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474 ... LastLast