View Poll Results: Do you prefer watch Anime to be subtitled or dubbed in English?

Voters
1982. You may not vote on this poll
  • Subbed - I like the original voices

893 45.06%
  • Dubbed - I don't want to have to read

465 23.46%
  • I want to be able to choose either one

396 19.98%
  • I don't care either way

228 11.50%
Page 52 of 104 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 2595

Thread: Like anime subbed or dubbed? ~ Where the concept of Uncut DVDs still hasn't sank in.

i like subbed, with the salor moon dubb my dad and i are positive that they pulled acsents out of a hat!!!!!!!!hahahahahahahahaha! i am learning japenese off subbed anime, inuyasha 2 b exact, its not cencerd! mwahahahahahaha( i know its rude when inuyasha says it!) :}

Quote Originally Posted by eevee909 View Post
    i like subbed, with the salor moon dubb my dad and i are positive that they pulled acsents out of a hat!!!!!!!!hahahahahahahahaha! i am learning japenese off subbed anime, inuyasha 2 b exact, its not cencerd! mwahahahahahaha( i know its rude when inuyasha says it!) :}
    This post can't be serious. I don't think people can make post this stupid....I hope.

...Words fail me. eevee909 just keeps sinking lower.
    Your image was too big. Read the rules before you add anything new to your sig.

For general watching, I go with dubbed just because it's an easier watch. If it's something I really enjoy I'll watch it subbed afterwards to experience the original voices and dialogue. It's basically the same as regular movies that have commentaries. I'll watch the movie, and if I really like it I'll watch it again with the commentary on to hear the thoughts of the director or cast.

I don't know enough about the Japanese language to be able to catch mispronunciations and I'm a pretty slow reader, so subbed just usually isn't for me.

~~

I refuse to believe you're serious.

Gaze ye upon perfection and kill yourself

locke.yggdrasill says:
    Justin's got his shet straight when he says I come at the weirdest things.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimedes View Post
    I refuse to believe you're serious.
    Just act like it's a George W. Bush speech.

Quote Originally Posted by Sogeking View Post
    Just act like it's a George W. Bush speech.
    We all know Ol' Dubya's just been stringing us along this entire time. Just before election day he's going to reveal this.

Gaze ye upon perfection and kill yourself

locke.yggdrasill says:
    Justin's got his shet straight when he says I come at the weirdest things.

I really don't care all that much. Dubbed or subbed, as long as I can watch it, it works for me.

EmeraldLeafBlade

I prefer to have the option of watching either subbed or dubbed. If I don't feel like reading, I watch dubbed. If I feel like watching the original cut for whatever reason, I'll watch subbed. I'd prefer not to watch any fansubs, though Some of the ones I've seen are just... bad.
    lord freeza i really need to use the space skype

well i would have to say SUBBED 100000000% SUBBED get rid of english voices hello subbed!I like listening to the jappanise voices and then read the sub.it helps u learn jappanise
    My claimed pokeon is Entei and L is my Bishie!!

Click here to feed me a Rare Candy!
    Get your own at Pokeplushies!

Quote Originally Posted by Konata Izumi View Post
    well i would have to say SUBBED 100000000% SUBBED get rid of english voices hello subbed!I like listening to the jappanise voices and then read the sub.it helps u learn jappanise
    This is a good example of why you shouldn't drink mercury people. It does stuff to your mind.

Default voice

it really depends on the action going on if its just talking then i prefer subtitles if its like a action one the dubbed in english is what i perfer
    Think about the people.
    Hundreds of millions of people in developing countries rely on fish, a staple of their diets and their main source of protein

I guess i liked dubbed.

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

I would by all means watch dubs if dubbing companies hired good voice actors. Unfortunately, though, most just don't find very good ones. I suppose the exception is Fantastic Children, which had a pretty good dub.

The rest of the time I watch subs, because the VAs are better, and I like to listen to Japanese to get used to hearing the language outside of class.

Dubbed, I Like To Look To The Laptop When Im Watching Any Sort Of Programme And Miss Alot If Its Subtitled

Water Friend Safari: Octillery, Frogadier, Gyarados
    1392-4901-0472

[IMG]http://i39.*******.com/28whrmc.jpg[/IMG]

I prefer the original voices and sounds, but I watch anyway if it's dubbed.
    Favorite pokemon of all times

I love my shiny Ho-oh
    1st and 2nd generation Lover
    Games I still play:
    Blue, Gold, Silver and Crystal
    Best Guy Ever <3 Te amo !

I would by all means watch dubs if dubbing companies hired good voice actors. Unfortunately, though, most just don't find very good ones. I suppose the exception is Fantastic Children, which had a pretty good dub.
    Some of the voice acting in NGE is decent, or at least some of it is in the movie. Manga Entertainment and the directors of the movie were trying to find voice actors that sounded close to the style of speaking that the original voice actors spoke. They weren't trying to find voice actors that they thought would fit the characters, like many companies do.

I prefer dubbed. I've been watching anime consistently for over a decade and I've heard less than a handful of English dubs that I would deem unwatchable. And one of those is a hentai, so, in general, I think dubs usually do a good job of giving the character a suitable voice-- there are several anime I'd even rather watch in English than in Japanese.
    X team: Chespin, Goomy, Amaura, Skiddo, Spritzee, Espurr!

If you're actually planning to learn Japanese, you need to do more than simply watch anime. Additionally, it might help to learn how to spell the language.

I prefer dubbed anime myself, if it is dubbed properly it can be really enjoyable.

But if it is subtitled, you don't really get the full plot, because some of it could get lost in the translation.

Credit to Mr. Joker for the Glee banner
    Credit to Skiyomi for the lovely Blue Snover banner

If anyone is interested in a custom ribbon for your profile pic, be sure to check out Ayra's sprite thread in the fanart section, if you want to take a look at her work have a look at my profile.

Considering the amount of censorship and that most of the German voice actors are horrible, I think it is safe to say I won't find a reason to watch dubbed anime very soon.

I mostly like subbed anime, mainly because the voices are related to the characters. In the dub, some characters don't even have matching voices lol...

But dub anime should only be for comedy. Shin Chan in Adult Swim is doing well...and it's dubbed...It's hilarious too XD
    [B]I am nicknamed AgentDN in Serebii IRC

How can you expect to read English if you can barely write it?

3DS FC: 3222-6347-6877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tsukento

orgil is always good

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemonmaster Bill View Post
    orgil is always good
    Are you speaking of Orgil, the Amish prostitute? She's never good. Plus, she speaks with thou and thee.

Page 52 of 104 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102 ... LastLast