View Poll Results: Do you prefer watch Anime to be subtitled or dubbed in English?

Voters
1982. You may not vote on this poll
  • Subbed - I like the original voices

893 45.06%
  • Dubbed - I don't want to have to read

465 23.46%
  • I want to be able to choose either one

396 19.98%
  • I don't care either way

228 11.50%
Page 53 of 104 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 2595

Thread: Like anime subbed or dubbed? ~ Where the concept of Uncut DVDs still hasn't sank in.

Talking

i dont have a life so i wach them in both. dont give a monkys but, as long as its anime!!!! the dubbed voies 4 bakuguan make my ears bleed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ( to much coffe!!!)
    This is me re-inventing myself on this forum.
    I hope you can grow to like the new me~

Quote Originally Posted by eevee909 View Post
    i dont have a life so i wach them in both. dont give a monkys but, as long as its anime!!!! the dubbed voies 4 bakuguan make my ears bleed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ( to much coffe!!!)
    What the hell is wrong with you?

Gaze ye upon perfection and kill yourself

locke.yggdrasill says:
    Justin's got his shet straight when he says I come at the weirdest things.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimedes View Post
    What the hell is wrong with you?
    Hey, eevee909 gives a great reason as to not smoke weed and drink heavily while pregnant. You get kids like him/her/it.

Suddenly I'm seeing a connection.

People who complain about dubs are prone to being idiots who can't seem to form a coherent sentence in the English language. It's as if they're hoping that by listening to Japanese, they can make up for their inability to not butcher the English language.

IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW!

3DS FC: 3222-6347-6877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tsukento

Quote Originally Posted by eevee909 View Post
    Please tell me you're having a seizure...

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Snover View Post
    But if it is subtitled, you don't really get the full plot, because some of it could get lost in the translation.
    The same thing could happen with dubs. Especially when dubs of some shows change parts of the plot.
    Reminder from August 09, 2010- Name my future Reshiram "Griffin"...

My Current HeartGold Team:

If you want, look at Yu-Gi-Oh! C,Pokiman, and Naruto C, but they haven't exactly been updated recently...

STILL REJECTING PMs. SORRY. (No offense to anyone.)

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Kamex View Post
    The same thing could happen with dubs. Especially when dubs of some shows change parts of the plot.
    Hardly happens with dubs these days. 4Kids is the black sheep of dubbing companies, and so far the only currently marketed dubs that strays from the original are the Dragon Ball Z and Dragon Ball GT dubs.

3DS FC: 3222-6347-6877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tsukento

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Old Man View Post
    Hardly happens with dubs these days.
    True, but I can't imagine subtitles straying away from the plot. (The plot, specifically.)
    Reminder from August 09, 2010- Name my future Reshiram "Griffin"...

My Current HeartGold Team:

If you want, look at Yu-Gi-Oh! C,Pokiman, and Naruto C, but they haven't exactly been updated recently...

STILL REJECTING PMs. SORRY. (No offense to anyone.)

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Kamex View Post
    True, but I can't imagine subtitles straying away from the plot. (The plot, specifically.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Old Man View Post
    Hardly happens with dubs these days. 4Kids is the black sheep of dubbing companies, and so far the only currently marketed dubs that strays from the original are the Dragon Ball Z and Dragon Ball GT dubs.
    Can't imagine with sub and dub comparison either.
    Oh it's true, it's damn true.
    -----------------------------------------------
    czzzzzzz[]:::::::::::::::::::::::> ()__)__)__)__)__)__)

Taking back to previous Holy War in 243 years ago - The Lost Canvas.

Second part has ended and the twin gods were sealed. Then visiting to the Bluegard to get the source of power...

Status: | Aries | Taurus | Gemini | Cancer | Leo | Virgo | Libra | Scorpio | Sagittarius | Capricorn | Aquarius | Pisces | Pope/Altar |

I also known as Entei in chatroom.

Mario Kart DS - 073080 634195
    Pokemon Diamond DS - 0645 2455 5853
    SSBB Wii - 3909 7241 6221

i just finished to watch all of the epis of Evangelion with english dubb and well no offense but it sound it so fake..um please tell me not all of the english dubb are like these you know that sound like little cartoon´s D:

I like only the original and subbed versions. The whole anime is changed to me if it's dubbed. And most of them suck dubbed. I also dislike dubbed versions because so many scenes are cut and that ruin the anime story. That's only my view of course.
    Staryu_09
    Mystic Water

The Real World is crying for so much more...

Quote Originally Posted by D!3g0 View Post
    i just finished to watch all of the epis of Evangelion with english dubb and well no offense but it sound it so fake..um please tell me not all of the english dubb are like these you know that sound like little cartoon´s D:
    Yes, because it's not like anime are cartoons.

Quote Originally Posted by Staryu_09 View Post
    I like only the original and subbed versions. The whole anime is changed to me if it's dubbed. And most of them suck dubbed. I also dislike dubbed versions because so many scenes are cut and that ruin the anime story. That's only my view of course.
    No dubs do that nowadays. Actually watch a dub before you make an assumption. The only company that does that nowadays are 4Kids, and I don't think they're that voracious with edits either.

Why do people not do the research?
    Your image was too big. Read the rules before you add anything new to your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    Because they want to sound cool because they watch it in Japanese.

Dubbed! I like it.

Yes, because it's not like anime are cartoons.

uuhm i was saying that because all of the anime´s with eglish dubb that i hear sound´s like a cartoon you know really dumb :S
    Last edited by D!3g0; 24th October 2008 at 10:51 PM.

uuhm i was saying that because all of the anime´s with eglish dubb that i hear sound´s like a cartoon you know really dumb :S
    Pretty sure anime are cartoons, though I could be wrong. Anyone care to contradict me? Anyone at all?

I have to say dub. But I hate when dub makes things make no sence or cut sences out
    But I just like dub because then I can just watch the people talk and stuff instead of having to read then look up and miss the sence.

Pokemon Ranger Dan
    The New Ranger From Hoeen
    That Was turned into a Pokemon once... Than Turned Back Into A Human To Become A Ranger.
    Styler Level: 33
    On Mission: 14: Get The Yellow Gem!
    Credits To Sweet May For The Banner

Pretty sure anime are cartoons, though I could be wrong. Anyone care to contradict me? Anyone at all?
    Well i don´t think is the same i could be wrong too but atleast for me is not the same so if anyone wants to say why is not the same thank you very much

Subbed >_> i guess I never heard of a dub before
    Click Jirachi to join the amazing Ever Grande City forums! You won't regret joining it!
    I've claimed this Pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by palamon View Post
    Subbed >_> i guess I never heard of a dub before
    You've never heard of a dub before? You kids and your ignorance.

Well i don´t think is the same i could be wrong too but atleast for me is not the same so if anyone wants to say why is not the same thank you very much
    How are cartoons and anime mutually exclusive? They're both animation, therefore they're the same. Sorry, but I facepalmed so hard at that. It's so obvious.

They both are animation but is not the same, sorry if my english was better i would say why O_o anyway i just don´t like english dubb ^_^(their voices sound so fake) but oh well

I like both dubb and subb

They both are animation but is not the same
    That does go without saying. It varies between countries.

sorry if my english was better i would say why O_o anyway i just don´t like english dubb ^_^(their voices sound so fake) but oh well
    I like both dubb and subb
    Eh? Oh, right, you mean the Spanish dub.

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor
    No dubs do that nowadays. Actually watch a dub before you make an assumption. The only company that does that nowadays are 4Kids, and I don't think they're that voracious with edits either.

I said that's only my view. If you prefer dubbed, then watch them dubbed or whatever. Okay? You can't say that the original is worse than the dubbed. Then what? What's the problem that I like the original/subbed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sogeking View Post
    Because they want to sound cool because they watch it in Japanese.
    Well, that's only your view. I don't even think that I sounded cool or whatever, but if you think...
    Staryu_09
    Mystic Water

The Real World is crying for so much more...

Quote Originally Posted by Staryu_09 View Post
    Well, that's only your view. I don't even think that I sounded cool or whatever, but if you think...
    The thing is about 70% of answers are usually really stupid reasons, like plot change, because that never happens anymore.

Page 53 of 104 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103 ... LastLast