View Poll Results: Do you prefer watch Anime to be subtitled or dubbed in English?

Voters
1982. You may not vote on this poll
  • Subbed - I like the original voices

893 45.06%
  • Dubbed - I don't want to have to read

465 23.46%
  • I want to be able to choose either one

396 19.98%
  • I don't care either way

228 11.50%
Page 74 of 104 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884 ... LastLast
Results 1,826 to 1,850 of 2595

Thread: Like anime subbed or dubbed? ~ Where the concept of Uncut DVDs still hasn't sank in.

Quote Originally Posted by CAH View Post
    Not all black people claim only they can say it, so by acting this way you offend people that have done nothing wrong to you. The word has become slang among some black people to mean something like "brother", "homie" etc. However in any other context it is likely to offend people.
    Think before you speak
    Just to clarify, I only use the word when someone uses it first. It's not like I do it for fun.

Seriously people, lets stop with the nigger talk. Alright? Anyone as much as even talking about it or even as much as relating to it, will get slapped with an infraction, no questions asked.

This ain't a ethics committee, or a place for the pity police to come to the aid of Yami whatshisname's babbling on ethics. If you all want to take that crap up, do it somewhere else.

Also, Yami, about the whole "no opinions and we're all selfish and disrespectful" crap? I only got this to say: Welcome to serebii.

Quote Originally Posted by 48Elmaxo16 View Post
    i could have but given the word "umm" is said once every few sentences in everyday life it seemed like a bit of an old word...

that seemed unnecessary, i used the word eto for the sole reason that i knew other people would understand it, it wouldn't be very wise to use a word that no-one understood the meaning to since then i would have wasted time. and according to the definition of 'weaboo', the person in question usually has very limited knowledge of japanese culture etc. which isn't the case having been learning japanese for 4 years and retained every piece of information learned in that time. because of that i find your branding of me unjust and unfair.
    Feel free to type in full-on Japanese then. No one understands English here. Hell, I don't know what the crap I'm talking about just as I type this sentence.

According to the logic here, you have every right to not speak English on an English-based forum. Hey, I'd be a busybody if I told you otherwise. 8D

Anywho, back to the topic.

To be fair, I tend to prefer the Japanese versions compared to the dubs of a lot of anime. But even then, I also tend to enjoy a lot of dubs as well. If many of you let go of the whole notion that the original will always be the best (which isn't always true. Cowboy Bebop being an example), you might find that the English dubs you hate aren't all that bad after all. Assuming that it didn't go through a bad editing process, which usually never happens to anime of this decade. I mean, you might think the voice actors are inferior compared to the original seiyuu, but you have to remember: it could be worse.
    Last edited by Satoshi; 19th August 2009 at 4:26 AM.
    Tales of REDPLICAAAAAA!
    Anime Blog [x] Art [0] Bishoujou [0] BMGf [x] LiveJournal [x] Eggbear! [x] Credit [n/a]
    .UVERworld。

Quote Originally Posted by Spy View Post
    Yami, Sogeking: Knock it off.

That's the most retarded reasoning I've ever heard. You may as well as made your entire post with street slang since all of those other words are "old."

I take it back. THIS is worse.

No one knowing what "umm" means? What?
    forgive me for that part, written word isn't exactly my long-suit. verbal speech is far easier for me to use to correctly explain what i'm blathering about but being a web-based forum i try my best with writing instead. needless to say, english is my least favourite subject so that may partially explain my writing...

Quote Originally Posted by Satoshi View Post
    Feel free to type in full-on Japanese then. No one understands English here. Hell, I don't know what the crap I'm talking about just as I type this sentence.

According to the logic here, you have every right to not speak English on an English-based forum. Hey, I'd be a busybody if I told you otherwise. 8D

Anywho, back to the topic.

To be fair, I tend to prefer the Japanese versions compared to the dubs of a lot of anime. But even then, I also tend to enjoy a lot of dubs as well. If many of you let go of the whole notion that the original will always be the best (which isn't always true. Cowboy Bebop being an example), you might find that the English dubs you hate aren't all that bad after all. Assuming that it didn't go through a bad editing process, which usually never happens to anime of this decade. I mean, you might think the voice actors are inferior compared to the original seiyuu, but you have to remember: it could be worse.
    ...wait a minute how can you say that when all but 3 letters of the first line of your signature is in japanese? i'm aware that this is an english-based forum i'm fairly sure it's written on the site somewhere...
    finally i'm assuming you did that on purpose but really? you couldn't put voice actors? with that the cycle is complete and something about forgetting about it and being friends...

i obviously haven't seen every single anime ever created so chances are i've just managed to dodge any supposedly bad ones so if i ever do find an anime that was amazingly better dubbed, i will modify my opinion.
    ^▬^
    Quote Originally Posted by Beth
    Stupid coffee machine!
    Quote Originally Posted by Me
    Aw be nice... Stupid coffee machine!!
    My candy cane has a spiraling hole running through the entirety of its being! By definition, it's a straw!

I see if I like the english voices. If I do I'll watch the dub. If I don't I'll watch the sub.
    [IMG]http://i31.*******.com/16lgw95.png[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Surfing_Pikachu View Post
    Good ****ing lord. The last post on this board was 6 HOURS AGO. Where are swimteam's postraping skills when you need them?

A real anime lover only likes subbed ones.
        Spoiler:- My IV pokémon, and also my wants.:

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmjow Jeagerjaques View Post
    Darn, I guess I'm not a real anime lover then.

People still say this?
    Animal Crossing: New Leaf Blog (@AsrialysAC) | Pokemon Center Plush Collection (as of 10/19/2010) | Nintendo Network ID: Asrialys

A true anime lover accepts anime no matter what language it's in because it's the anime that matters, not the voices. :/ Anime is anime. Do you like manga written only in Japanese? No, you read it translated. It's the same thing.
    (image beautifully drawn by pixiv user id #45323)
    [IMG]http://i47.*******.com/34il6ah.png[/IMG]
    Lelouch is watching over all of us.

I guess I must hate anime.

He knows too much, scatter!

Gaze ye upon perfection and kill yourself

locke.yggdrasill says:
    Justin's got his shet straight when he says I come at the weirdest things.

I read that as "A real anime lover only likes sub sandwiches."

I wholeheartedly agree. =]

...wait a minute how can you say that when all but 3 letters of the first line of your signature is in japanese?
    Well, is it a requirement to understand what I have written in my signature?

But I digress. Just do whatever the hell you want. :|

finally i'm assuming you did that on purpose but really? you couldn't put voice actors? with that the cycle is complete and something about forgetting about it and being friends...
    Except "seiyuu" is a common term in the anime fandom and "eto" is not. You know, they're probably going to know what I'm talking about.
    Last edited by Satoshi; 20th August 2009 at 2:36 AM.
    Tales of REDPLICAAAAAA!
    Anime Blog [x] Art [0] Bishoujou [0] BMGf [x] LiveJournal [x] Eggbear! [x] Credit [n/a]
    .UVERworld。

Quote Originally Posted by Archimedes View Post
    He knows too much, scatter!
    No man, serpentine, SERPENTINE!

Default :xddddd

yea i wouldn't mind having F-ZERO subbed just a bit XDDDD
    >_>

Find me on youtube but i will not be playing pokemon openly there since i upload music and PSN....
    ---------------------
    PO Teirs i play:
    Challenge Cup
    ---------------------
    Wifi Teirs i play:
    OU
    UU
    NU
    NFE
    Baby
    Hacked
    ---------------------

Why isn't your name in proper Japanese then, sir?

3DS FC: 3222-6347-6877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tsukento

not really, i base what i said on my belief that all things will have the highest quality when kept as they originally were because normally things are designed so that all their parts match, different voices on the same people for example would be one thing that fits the description.
    Even with that belief, I still think that's a big generalization. Especially in the cases where sometimes only the voices are the only difference between the originals and the English dubs. Because the

Quoting what you said again...

Moral: English dubs are incredibly annoying and Japanese with subs will always be calming and flowing with an incredibly high quality group of voice actors every time. ^_^
    I'd give the benefit of the doubt to the Japanese version since it is the original, but I can't really say that the Japanese version every Japanese cartoon has a high quality group of voice actors every time and that English dubs are not only a little awkward, but incredibly annoying.

In any case, many Japanese AND dub voices sound generic to me.

Some English dubs are more edited than others, some of which aren't really being edited at all. And in some English dubs the dialogue flows more than others. In Japanese shows the voices don't necesarilly match the flaps. The third Naruto movie dub DVD showed an example of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmjow Jeagerjaques
    You could say that about a real English/American anime lover liking English dubbed ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Satoshi
    I read that as "A real anime lover only likes sub sandwiches."

I wholeheartedly agree. =]
    I honestly don't like sub sandwiches, so I guess that means...
    Reminder from August 09, 2010- Name my future Reshiram "Griffin"...

My Current HeartGold Team:

If you want, look at Yu-Gi-Oh! C,Pokiman, and Naruto C, but they haven't exactly been updated recently...

STILL REJECTING PMs. SORRY. (No offense to anyone.)

I also like how stupid some people are for actually believing that Japanese seiyuu don't make characters sound annoying or cartoonish in the slightest bit.

Newsflash: Japanese people don't talk like anime characters do. They don't have the same ways of speaking. Want a bad example of a real person speaking as if they were an anime character while believing they're speaking in regular Japanese? Search applemilk on YouTube.

Want a bad example of a real person speaking as if they were an anime character while believing they're speaking in regular Japanese? Search applemilk on YouTube.
    And for the people that get angry when dubs don't use honorifics or throw random Japanese around... well...

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Kamex View Post
    I honestly don't like sub sandwiches, so I guess that means...
    blasphemy
    Tales of REDPLICAAAAAA!
    .UVERworld。

Quote Originally Posted by swimteam09 View Post
    I see if I like the english voices. If I do I'll watch the dub. If I don't I'll watch the sub.
    And how good an anime is is defined by it's voice actors since, when?

3DS Friend Code - 4081-6303-6683

My Anime List - updated every now and then

"Harry Potter actor Daniel Radcliffe used to think Justin Bieber was a woman."

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Nexus View Post
    And how good an anime is is defined by it's voice actors since, when?
    The first dozen of episodes of the Finnish Digimon dub that I know of were more faithful than what we had in America. But honestly, would you want to watch this crap? No matter how good a show is written, it automatically fails if it has terrible acting.

Really now, if there is more than one version of an anime with one having voice acting that's better than the other, why not give them the choice? As long as they aren't running around and declaring that Japan is superior, it's fine.
    Last edited by Satoshi; 24th August 2009 at 2:04 AM.
    Tales of REDPLICAAAAAA!
    .UVERworld。

I also like how stupid some people are for actually believing that Japanese seiyuu don't make characters sound annoying or cartoonish in the slightest bit.

Newsflash: Japanese people don't talk like anime characters do. They don't have the same ways of speaking. Want a bad example of a real person speaking as if they were an anime character while believing they're speaking in regular Japanese? Search applemilk on YouTube.
    Not to mention some of the new seiyuu´s don´t act anymore......they only scream and it sounds horrible...

Quote Originally Posted by Satoshi View Post
    And for the people that get angry when dubs don't use honorifics or throw random Japanese around... well...
    That was absolutely painful to watch. When my eyes started to bleed around 2:00 I knew I had to close out...

Another thing I don't like about subbed anime is over-the-top Japanese voice acting. Some moments that are supposed to be serious end up being extremely comical because of how weird-sounding Japanese voices are to me. See Death Note Episode 37.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverFlame View Post
    That was absolutely painful to watch. When my eyes started to bleed around 2:00 I knew I had to close out...

Another thing I don't like about subbed anime is over-the-top Japanese voice acting. Some moments that are supposed to be serious end up being extremely comical because of how weird-sounding Japanese voices are to me. See Death Note Episode 37.
    You mean regular Japanese versions. Not subs.

I personally like both... if i cant get dubbed i watched subbed. some shows i watch subbed before dubbed then like the subbed voice better..but others i just watch the dubbed. i dont really care if its subbed or dubbed, as long as the show itself is good.

Page 74 of 104 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884 ... LastLast